HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 06:40 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXVII

Old thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1201639

Continue here.

Last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Well the consensus is that we'd draft a defenseman but if we did actually trade a goalie in a package for Nash I could see this work out well for Ottawa and Columbus:

Foligno
Zibanejad
Lehner/Bishop
15th overall

For

Nash
Methot
31st overall

Old
06-18-2012, 06:46 PM
topshelfie
No Rispeck

I want Rick Nash but if the asking price includes Lehner I'd hang up the phone.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Legend Killer

Im not a fan of making the deal but Id go as far as...

Michalek
Bishop
1st
Maybe a puempel

Old
06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
TSA0402

Thats not a bad proposal.

I was discussing David Savard and Rick Nash for that bounty instead of that. That was another proposal that I wasn't as interested in but was pretty decent.

I have no problem trading and overpaying a bit for Rick Nash, because he is a hell of a hockey player, however Foligno and 3 top prospects for Rick Nash, Marc Methot(who is getting quite close to a salary dump) and what is basically a 2nd round pick? I'd rather get a top prospect d-man back. I doubt 30th will be that solution.

I'd think about it because it is Nash, but I can only stretch the whole overpay so far.

Old
06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

I'd rather stay the course as opposed to unloading our depth for Nash.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:10 PM
bacon25

I'm curious if Nash would want to even come to Ottawa, Sens should just stay the course. However if I was Edmonton, I would totally give up the first pick and try to grab Nash; but that is for a different thread. Honestly I don't see the Sens making a move until the trade deadline, let other teams overpay for players and allow Ottawa's prospects to prove themselves.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Buckleys

I think Columbus fans are going to be VERY disappointed with the return they get.

I realize Nash hasn't done what Heatley has, but if he wants out of Columbus, then he wants out. I can't imagine he will be very happy if he is still playing there in October. Maybe I am wrong but if he asks for a trade then you would think it would force Howson's hand.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Trading for Nash still won't make us legit Cup contenders IMO. It would likely cost a big part of our future.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
I'd rather stay the course as opposed to unloading our depth for Nash.
Completely agree.

I also think columbus fans are insane if they think Nash is gonna get 2 roster players and 2 prospects.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:24 PM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
I think Columbus fans are going to be VERY disappointed with the return they get.

I realize Nash hasn't done what Heatley has, but if he wants out of Columbus, then he wants out. I can't imagine he will be very happy if he is still playing there in October. Maybe I am wrong but if he asks for a trade then you would think it would force Howson's hand.
As Nash is one of my favourite players I have watched the Jackets play a few games and they are horrible, Nash, I think is sick of trying to carry the team. He gets a lot of crap thrown at him cause his numbers aren't Crosby or Toews like, but I doubt anyone player could put up signifcantly better numbers on that team. They have a long rebuild ahead of them and it would be in both Howson's interest and Nash's to get this trade over with.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
As Nash is one of my favourite players I have watched the Jackets play a few games and they are horrible, Nash, I think is sick of trying to carry the team. He gets a lot of crap thrown at him cause his numbers aren't Crosby or Toews like, but I doubt anyone player could put up signifcantly better numbers on that team. They have a long rebuild ahead of them and it would be in both Howson's interest and Nash's to get this trade over with.
I agree completely, and as unfortunate at it is may be for them, his request for a trade will decrease the value.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:35 PM
mcnorth

Fun to read the CLB board re: Nash. They certainly seem to think they're going to get Howson's expectations.

For example:
CJB: Lucic, Kreji, Prospect (Hamilton) or First rounder.
BOS. nash

Sheesh.

But to be fair, seems like most are two legit NHLers and a single first round pick.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Kezia
egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
Fun to read the CLB board re: Nash. They certainly seem to think they're going to get Howson's expectations.

For example:
BOS. nash

Sheesh.

But to be fair, seems like most are two legit NHLers and a single first round pick.
Haha wow. If i were Boston i wouldn't do Lucic alone for Nash.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post

For example:
BOS. nash

Sheesh.

LOL, nice asking price.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

Lucic is a player I would never trade period

Old
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
mcnorth

Full disclosure - that was like 30 pages back. Thread isn't as crazy as you keep reading.

Although, the most talked about Sens package is:
Zibanejad Michalek Lehner and 1st

Pretty steep. I'd pass.

(unless you think 9MM will get hurt again, Zibby has concussion issues, Lehner has sanity issues, and this year's draft crop is lame...)

Last edited by mcnorth: 06-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Nash doesn't fit here so you can stop it now. He doesn't make us a contender so to deal away quality young players,prospects and picks doesn't make any sense. You're wasting your time.
If he was a ufa sure go sign him.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Nash doesn't fit here so you can stop it now. He doesn't make us a contender so to deal away quality young players,prospects and picks doesn't make any sense. You're wasting your time.
Ya guys stop it. Don't you dare discuss rumor/speculation and have some fun.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:52 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
27 year old premium franchise power-forward. Proven 30-40 goal scorer on a derailed Blue jacket team with no real offensive firepower besides Nash, not to mention non-existing first line center. He's also come up BIG in international events. I'd say he is one of the two most important pieces needed and missing for us to be a contender. The next one being a top 3 defense man.

Say the asking price is something high like Zibanejad+1st+Foligno+Bishop.

Silfverberg-Spezza-Nash
Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Neil
O'Brien-Smith-Condra

Grit, skill, experience, speed on every line.

Last edited by ReginKarlssonLehner: 06-18-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
Sorry. I won't post until after the first game next season. I don't know what I was thinking - a discussion board is no place for... discussion.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Kezia
egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
27 year old premium franchise power-forward. Proven 30-40 goal scorer on a derailed Blue jacket team with no real offensive firepower besides Nash, not to mention non-existing first line center. He's also come up BIG in international events. I'd say he is one of the two most important pieces needed for us to be a contender. The next one being a top 3 defense man.
Not to be a ****** but Nash just had a birthday on the 16ths, hes 28 now.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Quote:
27 year old premium franchise power-forward. Proven 30-40 goal scorer on a derailed Blue jacket team with no real offensive firepower besides Nash, not to mention non-existing first line center. He's also come up BIG in international events. I'd say he is one of the two most important pieces needed for us to be a contender. The next one being a top 3 defense man.
What about depth? We'd lose quite a bit of that trading for him.

I think our D is quite a few years away from being elite-tier (if we get there) and he's already 28.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:56 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
I really see a guy like Nash as Alfie's replacement. We keep saying no one can replace Alfie but... Nash might come close. I think he'll be ppg guy, he's a winger, he's used to doing the p.r. work, he'll make any line better... he'll be here for almost a decade. Certainly would make Alfie's retirement a lot easier to bear. If we can do a deal and still feel like we have most of the parts in place and get a top six star for the duration of Nash's contract... something to try.

Of course I'd rather just sign Parise for 7 million. But that might not happen, eh. Plan B, Plan C, Plan X....

Old
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
This... We can sit here and wait to see and dream about our prospects being half the player Nash is in their careers or... We can trade for Nash who's in his prime with spezza and lead the way with the core of Spezza,Karlsson,Michalek etc. I wouldn't think twice if he'd want to come here and we traded a few assets away... It's not like we are trading for an aging veteran on his last legs like Mats Sundin.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
This... We can sit here and wait to see and dream about our prospects being half the player Nash is in their careers or... We can trade for Nash who's in his prime with spezza and lead the way with the core of Spezza,Karlsson,Michalek etc. I wouldn't think twice if he'd want to come here and we traded a few assets away... It's not like we are trading for an aging veteran on his last legs like Mats Sundin.
I don't even think we have the nhl players they would need to get the deal done. Michalek? Is not going to be enough for them.
But then you include him as one of the core players to lead the way in the future. Who is getting traded?

Closed Thread