HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Old
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Corncob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
That may be true but what impact player (aside from our captain) did we lose last year for a long period? Cammy and AK missed what 10 games each?
Markov?

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Markov?
After the major injuries he suffered you couldn't expect Markov to play all of last year, let alone playing at an elite level.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Corncob

Quote:
After the major injuries he suffered you couldn't expect Markov to play all of last year, let alone playing at an elite level.
But he was expected to play all of the year, bar a few games at the start of the season.

You can't just rewrite history.

He was expected to be in the team, he wasn't in the team, hence he was lost to the team for a long period.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
That may be true but what impact player (aside from our captain) did we lose last year for a long period? Cammy and AK missed what 10 games each?

Eller should've stepped up even more last year and players like Palushaj (although he's just a proof that we had no decent offensive players in Hamilton) and especially Rene Bourque needed to give us more too.
As skeptical one might be of Markov, he was expected to play last year.

As for Eller, he showed great things and his trio (with AK and Moen) was our most dominant one until they were split up. They faced weaker opposition and pretty much owned them. Eller was lacking finish but that is normal for young players.

As for Palushaj, you expected him to rack up the points playing 4min on the 4th line with scrappers? Heck, Plekanec had tough times producing when he was given guys like Blunden or White as line mates, so I don't think expecting Palushaj to produce next to them was fair.

The kid isnt a scrapper, you call him up when guys like Cammy or GIonta are injured and he gets a chance at playing next to skilled players. When a guy like Darche gets injured, you call up Blunden.

As for Bourque, he sucked hard. But who didnt under RC? Other than the DD trio..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Hahaha

The people that believe this nonsense are welcome to believe it but Radulov is a world class talent and in montreal around a guy like Markov he would perform no doubt. Just like Kovalev did.
Mmmm... I see. That must be why he's heading back to Russia, right?

His little nightly escapade in the playoffs might just have cost him a return to the NHL. But hey, it wasn't as bad as reported if you listen to some. True I say. There is desperation in the KHL.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 06-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Radulov would never ever work out in Montreal, lazy Russians are what this city hates, the media will destroy him, many have came before him and barely any succeeded, lazy players will be crucified here even if they are consistent 30 goal scorers.

In general, as a person, I would not want anything to do with him, once he struggles, he will get benched and bounce back to Russia, I don't think Bergevin is a big fan of headaches.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:51 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Or perhaps I've lived enough to know better?

Mmmm... I see. That must be why he's heading back to Russia, right?

His little nightly escapade in the playoffs might just have cost him a return to the NHL. But hey, it wasn't as bad as reported if you listen to some. True I say. There is desperation in the KHL.
OMG! A guy went out, to dinner! What an 'escapade'! The prudishness around here....

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:54 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Radulov would never ever work out in Montreal, lazy Russians are what this city hates, the media will destroy him, many have came before him and barely any succeeded, lazy players will be crucified here even if they are consistent 30 goal scorers.

In general, as a person, I would not want anything to do with him, once he struggles, he will get benched and bounce back to Russia, I don't think Bergevin is a big fan of headaches.
You don't even know the guy. He's like 26, from Russia, but you just know, 'as a person', you would not like him.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
OMG! A guy went out, to dinner! What an 'escapade'! The prudishness around here....
It's Habsterix buddy, everybody knows how much he's fond of Russian players.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
BJCOLLINS

IMHO, Marc Bergevin & Co. are trying to change the direction this team has taken for the past 10-15 years.

Players attitude and passion/chemistry will be far more relevant under the new regime than it has been in the past when selecting who is on the active roster & who we draft(watch as Habs pick Galy Vs Grig's). Don’t get me wrong I'm sure the Goat & his predecessors had looked at these qualities too...however they were swayed by public sentiment (HFB fans of AK, AK47, SK, MG, AR, MR, PB, GL, etc..you know who you are) to pick soft, ultra talented, one game in five types, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me. Some of us have long been in the wings, patiently waiting for our team to get back to what we once had...a talented, tuff to play against, puck possession team. A team that would never allow one of their own to flail like a soccer player on the ice pretending to be hurt (imagine Le Gros Bill or the Pocket Rocket doing that.....you can't!) or have some goon close line one of ours while his own teammate Breezes by and does nothing to defend him (imagine the Big Bird, Fergy or Butch allowing that....you can't) or watching your favorite player at the Forum/Bell Centre and thinking "I hope AK shows up wanting to play tonight" (imagine the Rocket or Gainey, Carbo, SSavard, etc. doing that....you can't!) The game has changed a lot over the years but personal integrity, desire, honor and tradition haven’t. We can have ultra talented players out there working hard but they need to bleed for the CH!!!! So what then? They need to be developed! Shown the CH way! Most players would say “What is the CH way?”. I can remember it and I didn’t get to watch the Rocket or Mr. Beliveau in their prime…I was told of the tradition and watched the 70’s dynasty represent that tradition . I think that’s what Marc is looking for….the CH. We have a couple of current players that bring honor to the CH but not many. I’m skeptical that Radulov can play the above mentioned CH way but if he or any other player can buy into that type of accountability, well.... I'm all for it.

PS....no generation of player PARTY'D like the teams of the 70's. The difference was you showed up when the TEAM needed you to do your job. So I could care less what a player does after work (the Flower) as long as he brings it at show time.

Last edited by BJCOLLINS: 06-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.
BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Saintpatrick

It looks like Radulov is taking his pucks, his sticks and his attitude back to the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3214--nhl.html

This is what worries me about drafting a Russian. I think the NHL should offer some sort of insurance to teams that draft players with high picks and they piss off to the KHL.

Last edited by Saintpatrick: 06-18-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo
Saintpatrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
It looks like Radulov is taking his pucks, his sticks and his attitude back to the KHL.

This is what worries me about drafting a Russian. I think the NHL should offer some sort of insurance to teams that draft players with high picks and they piss off to the KHL.

I guess time to lock this thread up ,until 1 year .

Nashville get's zero , final kick in the teeth .

Like to see the Habs look at Jordin Tootoo now.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Most Russians don't have as bad of an attitude as Radulov.

But yes, unfortunately it is a factor that Russians have an easy job making good money playing competitive hockey abroad, giving them unfair leverage.

Of the Russians on the market I'd rather have Semin anyway, but unfortunately if Radulov isn't an option the FA market will become even more inflated.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:07 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I guess time to lock this thread up ,until 1 year .

Nashville get's zero , final kick in the teeth .

Like to see the Habs look at Jordin Tootoo now.
Tootoo would be an awesome pickup...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Would love to replace Blunden with Tootoo.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

It may just be a negotiating tactic to raise his value in terms of a new contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:52 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It may just be a negotiating tactic to raise his value in terms of a new contract.
That sounds like a losing gambit to me. The last thing he needs to do is remind teams he is as likely as anyone to jump ship on a whim.

Can't imagine that would raise his value.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
That sounds like a losing gambit to me. The last thing he needs to do is remind teams he is as likely as anyone to jump ship on a whim.
He can't jump ship so long as he's signed with an NHL team. NHL and KHL teams are required to honour each others contracts.

If he's not under contract for you, well he's UFA aged so any equivalent NHL player can jump ship to another team just as easy.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Andy

I would pass on Radulov. He's really talented, but he's too much of an uncertainty in terms of where his heart is. Does he want the nhl? the khl? or is it just about money? I don't think he'd be a long term solution. If his heart was really in the nhl, then yeah, I would want him, but you never know with this guy.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:22 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
He can't jump ship so long as he's signed with an NHL team. NHL and KHL teams are required to honour each others contracts.

If he's not under contract for you, well he's UFA aged so any equivalent NHL player can jump ship to another team just as easy.
I understand that. What I mean that's it's tough enough for teams to hang on to their UFAs.

Factoring the likelihood that Russian teams would also court him and the fact he already left once makes him less attractive. That's my way of thinking anyhow.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Always liked Tootoo.

Saintpatrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Kriss E

I really don't understand this.
Why would someone come here to play 20games only to go back to Russia..? Doesn't add up to me.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's Habsterix buddy, everybody knows how much he's fond of Russian players.
Oh really? Please explain something to us. Why are the Predators giving up on him? Why is Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) saying that he'll be going back to the KHL? Because he's that good and teams didn't take notes? Or because they're Habsterix and anti-Russians? Nice try though. Man this site has gone downhill in recent years. More personal attacks than respectful debates now days!

Old
06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Oh really? Please explain something to us. Why are the Predators giving up on him? Why is Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) saying that he'll be going back to the KHL? Because he's that good and teams didn't take notes? Or because they're Habsterix and anti-Russians? Nice try though. Man this site has gone downhill in recent years. More personal attacks than respectful debates now days!
I didn't say he wasn't going back, I said it didn't make any sense for someone to come here for 20 games after leaving for a number of years, only to go back again.
You'd assume he'd come back because he actually wanted to play here.
Explain to me the reason as to why he would come play 9 reg.season games and a shot at the POs.

As for your position on Russians, you've made it very clear with how you reacted when you simply eat up speculations and jump on their backs. Someone that is a little more neutral would likely hold up to get actual facts, instead of speculations, before making up their mind.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I didn't say he wasn't going back, I said it didn't make any sense for someone to come here for 20 games after leaving for a number of years, only to go back again.
You'd assume he'd come back because he actually wanted to play here.
Explain to me the reason as to why he would come play 9 reg.season games and a shot at the POs.

As for your position on Russians, you've made it very clear with how you reacted when you simply eat up speculations and jump on their backs. Someone that is a little more neutral would likely hold up to get actual facts, instead of speculations, before making up their mind.
You've done a bad job at answering the question. Why do the Preds, a team in need of offense, want to get rid of it if, as you say, what he did was overblown?