HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
  #501
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
That may be true but what impact player (aside from our captain) did we lose last year for a long period? Cammy and AK missed what 10 games each?
Markov?

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
  #502
PK76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Markov?
After the major injuries he suffered you couldn't expect Markov to play all of last year, let alone playing at an elite level.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:57 AM
  #503
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
After the major injuries he suffered you couldn't expect Markov to play all of last year, let alone playing at an elite level.
But he was expected to play all of the year, bar a few games at the start of the season.

You can't just rewrite history.

He was expected to be in the team, he wasn't in the team, hence he was lost to the team for a long period.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:14 AM
  #504
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
That may be true but what impact player (aside from our captain) did we lose last year for a long period? Cammy and AK missed what 10 games each?

Eller should've stepped up even more last year and players like Palushaj (although he's just a proof that we had no decent offensive players in Hamilton) and especially Rene Bourque needed to give us more too.
As skeptical one might be of Markov, he was expected to play last year.

As for Eller, he showed great things and his trio (with AK and Moen) was our most dominant one until they were split up. They faced weaker opposition and pretty much owned them. Eller was lacking finish but that is normal for young players.

As for Palushaj, you expected him to rack up the points playing 4min on the 4th line with scrappers? Heck, Plekanec had tough times producing when he was given guys like Blunden or White as line mates, so I don't think expecting Palushaj to produce next to them was fair.

The kid isnt a scrapper, you call him up when guys like Cammy or GIonta are injured and he gets a chance at playing next to skilled players. When a guy like Darche gets injured, you call up Blunden.


As for Bourque, he sucked hard. But who didnt under RC? Other than the DD trio..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:24 AM
  #505
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Hahaha

The people that believe this nonsense are welcome to believe it but Radulov is a world class talent and in montreal around a guy like Markov he would perform no doubt. Just like Kovalev did.
Mmmm... I see. That must be why he's heading back to Russia, right?

His little nightly escapade in the playoffs might just have cost him a return to the NHL. But hey, it wasn't as bad as reported if you listen to some. True I say. There is desperation in the KHL.


Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 06-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:31 AM
  #506
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Radulov would never ever work out in Montreal, lazy Russians are what this city hates, the media will destroy him, many have came before him and barely any succeeded, lazy players will be crucified here even if they are consistent 30 goal scorers.

In general, as a person, I would not want anything to do with him, once he struggles, he will get benched and bounce back to Russia, I don't think Bergevin is a big fan of headaches.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:51 AM
  #507
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Or perhaps I've lived enough to know better?


Mmmm... I see. That must be why he's heading back to Russia, right?

His little nightly escapade in the playoffs might just have cost him a return to the NHL. But hey, it wasn't as bad as reported if you listen to some. True I say. There is desperation in the KHL.
OMG! A guy went out, to dinner! What an 'escapade'! The prudishness around here....

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:54 AM
  #508
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Radulov would never ever work out in Montreal, lazy Russians are what this city hates, the media will destroy him, many have came before him and barely any succeeded, lazy players will be crucified here even if they are consistent 30 goal scorers.

In general, as a person, I would not want anything to do with him, once he struggles, he will get benched and bounce back to Russia, I don't think Bergevin is a big fan of headaches.
You don't even know the guy. He's like 26, from Russia, but you just know, 'as a person', you would not like him.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
  #509
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
OMG! A guy went out, to dinner! What an 'escapade'! The prudishness around here....
It's Habsterix buddy, everybody knows how much he's fond of Russian players.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
  #510
BJCOLLINS
Registered User
 
BJCOLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Radio Clash on Pirate Satelite
Posts: 1,504
vCash: 500
IMHO, Marc Bergevin & Co. are trying to change the direction this team has taken for the past 10-15 years.

Players attitude and passion/chemistry will be far more relevant under the new regime than it has been in the past when selecting who is on the active roster & who we draft(watch as Habs pick Galy Vs Grig's). Don’t get me wrong I'm sure the Goat & his predecessors had looked at these qualities too...however they were swayed by public sentiment (HFB fans of AK, AK47, SK, MG, AR, MR, PB, GL, etc..you know who you are) to pick soft, ultra talented, one game in five types, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me. Some of us have long been in the wings, patiently waiting for our team to get back to what we once had...a talented, tuff to play against, puck possession team. A team that would never allow one of their own to flail like a soccer player on the ice pretending to be hurt (imagine Le Gros Bill or the Pocket Rocket doing that.....you can't!) or have some goon close line one of ours while his own teammate Breezes by and does nothing to defend him (imagine the Big Bird, Fergy or Butch allowing that....you can't) or watching your favorite player at the Forum/Bell Centre and thinking "I hope AK shows up wanting to play tonight" (imagine the Rocket or Gainey, Carbo, SSavard, etc. doing that....you can't!) The game has changed a lot over the years but personal integrity, desire, honor and tradition haven’t. We can have ultra talented players out there working hard but they need to bleed for the CH!!!! So what then? They need to be developed! Shown the CH way! Most players would say “What is the CH way?”. I can remember it and I didn’t get to watch the Rocket or Mr. Beliveau in their prime…I was told of the tradition and watched the 70’s dynasty represent that tradition . I think that’s what Marc is looking for….the CH. We have a couple of current players that bring honor to the CH but not many. I’m skeptical that Radulov can play the above mentioned CH way but if he or any other player can buy into that type of accountability, well.... I'm all for it.

PS....no generation of player PARTY'D like the teams of the 70's. The difference was you showed up when the TEAM needed you to do your job. So I could care less what a player does after work (the Flower) as long as he brings it at show time.


Last edited by BJCOLLINS: 06-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.
BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
  #511
Saintpatrick
Registered User
 
Saintpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
It looks like Radulov is taking his pucks, his sticks and his attitude back to the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3214--nhl.html

This is what worries me about drafting a Russian. I think the NHL should offer some sort of insurance to teams that draft players with high picks and they piss off to the KHL.


Last edited by Saintpatrick: 06-18-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo
Saintpatrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:55 PM
  #512
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
It looks like Radulov is taking his pucks, his sticks and his attitude back to the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3214--nhl.html

This is what worries me about drafting a Russian. I think the NHL should offer some sort of insurance to teams that draft players with high picks and they piss off to the KHL.

I guess time to lock this thread up ,until 1 year .

Nashville get's zero , final kick in the teeth .

Like to see the Habs look at Jordin Tootoo now.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:04 PM
  #513
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
It looks like Radulov is taking his pucks, his sticks and his attitude back to the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3214--nhl.html

This is what worries me about drafting a Russian. I think the NHL should offer some sort of insurance to teams that draft players with high picks and they piss off to the KHL.
Most Russians don't have as bad of an attitude as Radulov.

But yes, unfortunately it is a factor that Russians have an easy job making good money playing competitive hockey abroad, giving them unfair leverage.

Of the Russians on the market I'd rather have Semin anyway, but unfortunately if Radulov isn't an option the FA market will become even more inflated.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:07 PM
  #514
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I guess time to lock this thread up ,until 1 year .

Nashville get's zero , final kick in the teeth .

Like to see the Habs look at Jordin Tootoo now.
Tootoo would be an awesome pickup...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
  #515
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Tootoo would be an awesome pickup...
Would love to replace Blunden with Tootoo.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
  #516
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
It looks like Radulov is taking his pucks, his sticks and his attitude back to the KHL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3214--nhl.html

This is what worries me about drafting a Russian. I think the NHL should offer some sort of insurance to teams that draft players with high picks and they piss off to the KHL.
It may just be a negotiating tactic to raise his value in terms of a new contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:52 PM
  #517
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It may just be a negotiating tactic to raise his value in terms of a new contract.
That sounds like a losing gambit to me. The last thing he needs to do is remind teams he is as likely as anyone to jump ship on a whim.

Can't imagine that would raise his value.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
  #518
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
That sounds like a losing gambit to me. The last thing he needs to do is remind teams he is as likely as anyone to jump ship on a whim.
He can't jump ship so long as he's signed with an NHL team. NHL and KHL teams are required to honour each others contracts.

If he's not under contract for you, well he's UFA aged so any equivalent NHL player can jump ship to another team just as easy.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:08 PM
  #519
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,162
vCash: 500
I would pass on Radulov. He's really talented, but he's too much of an uncertainty in terms of where his heart is. Does he want the nhl? the khl? or is it just about money? I don't think he'd be a long term solution. If his heart was really in the nhl, then yeah, I would want him, but you never know with this guy.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:22 PM
  #520
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
He can't jump ship so long as he's signed with an NHL team. NHL and KHL teams are required to honour each others contracts.

If he's not under contract for you, well he's UFA aged so any equivalent NHL player can jump ship to another team just as easy.
I understand that. What I mean that's it's tough enough for teams to hang on to their UFAs.

Factoring the likelihood that Russian teams would also court him and the fact he already left once makes him less attractive. That's my way of thinking anyhow.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:26 PM
  #521
Saintpatrick
Registered User
 
Saintpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Tootoo would be an awesome pickup...
Always liked Tootoo.

Saintpatrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:22 PM
  #522
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,577
vCash: 500
I really don't understand this.
Why would someone come here to play 20games only to go back to Russia..? Doesn't add up to me.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
  #523
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
OMG! A guy went out, to dinner! What an 'escapade'! The prudishness around here....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's Habsterix buddy, everybody knows how much he's fond of Russian players.
Oh really? Please explain something to us. Why are the Predators giving up on him? Why is Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) saying that he'll be going back to the KHL? Because he's that good and teams didn't take notes? Or because they're Habsterix and anti-Russians? Nice try though. Man this site has gone downhill in recent years. More personal attacks than respectful debates now days!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
  #524
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Oh really? Please explain something to us. Why are the Predators giving up on him? Why is Dmitry Chesnokov (@dchesnokov) saying that he'll be going back to the KHL? Because he's that good and teams didn't take notes? Or because they're Habsterix and anti-Russians? Nice try though. Man this site has gone downhill in recent years. More personal attacks than respectful debates now days!
I didn't say he wasn't going back, I said it didn't make any sense for someone to come here for 20 games after leaving for a number of years, only to go back again.
You'd assume he'd come back because he actually wanted to play here.
Explain to me the reason as to why he would come play 9 reg.season games and a shot at the POs.

As for your position on Russians, you've made it very clear with how you reacted when you simply eat up speculations and jump on their backs. Someone that is a little more neutral would likely hold up to get actual facts, instead of speculations, before making up their mind.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
  #525
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I didn't say he wasn't going back, I said it didn't make any sense for someone to come here for 20 games after leaving for a number of years, only to go back again.
You'd assume he'd come back because he actually wanted to play here.
Explain to me the reason as to why he would come play 9 reg.season games and a shot at the POs.

As for your position on Russians, you've made it very clear with how you reacted when you simply eat up speculations and jump on their backs. Someone that is a little more neutral would likely hold up to get actual facts, instead of speculations, before making up their mind.
You've done a bad job at answering the question. Why do the Preds, a team in need of offense, want to get rid of it if, as you say, what he did was overblown?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.