HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Richie10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
If we don't go after e.kane what about p.kane? They were just mentioning he might be on the block on NHL network and that chi town needs a goalie. Bernier, hickey, Loki and a 1st?
No way in hell that gets you Patrick Kane. They would surely want defense coming back, as well as a top forward prospect to eventually replace Kane. You're talking Bernier, Voynov, Toffoli+ for Kaner.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:28 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
No way in hell that gets you Patrick Kane. They would surely want defense coming back, as well as a top forward prospect to eventually replace Kane. You're talking Bernier, Voynov, Toffoli+ for Kaner.
ok i would do that

Old
06-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Patrick Kane is my favorite player not on the Kings. He's an absolute machine. I'd love to see him in black. However I never see it happening.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:16 PM
goosh
TwoForRoughing

Eklund reporting that Hickey will be moved.

I guess Hicks will be staying after all.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html
Quote:
Jarret Stoll really impressed with his post-season performance. He's a UFA, but one team that likes him assumes he stays in LA and doesn't make it to the market.
Also:
Quote:
The Kings will get questions about Jonathan Bernier's availability. Don't think anything happens with him until Jonathan Quick's extension is done. Lombardi didn't tip his hand, but you do get the sense the Kings believe they have a group that wants to stay together.
Quote:
One of the major reasons Dean Lombardi thought a Carter/Richards reunion would work: they probably thought they'd never get a chance to play together again. "You could see how excited they were about being back together," the Kings' president/GM said. "We felt they'd be determined to prove they belonged on the same team." Good call.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
LombardiTool

Didnt see Justin Azevedo's status posted anywhere. He apparently signed a contract to play in Finland.

Adding link: http://www.raumanlukko.fi/index_2.ph...set&u=0788&b=u

Last edited by LombardiTool: 06-18-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

I love Eklund. He's a giant what if. His stuff is so asinine and far-fetched that I actually enjoy it.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:12 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Id love to see a King-Loktionov-Lewis line go up against the #1 centres in the West when on the road. Loktionov on the ice against Thornton, Hanzal, Benn, Getzlaf, Sedin, Datsyuk, what could possibly go wrong!!!
I realllllyy reallly hope your trying to be ironic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
You never know. The Winnipeg management passed on Couturier and instead drafted Scheifele. One person's trash is another's treasure, and vice versa.
Yea, and the Kings drafted Lewis instead of Girioux....are the Kings now gonna trade Kopi for Ryder+ Halak+ 2nd???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
If there is a player Kings fans think is an All-Star, they need to just forget about him. The Kings blew their "wad" on Carter/Richards, they don't currently have the quality to acquire a top player....and nobody is gonna take 8 different prospects/picks so "the value is the same"...nothing against Vey/Koz/AA every team has those prospects don't need to move their most valuable offensive players for them...

Old
06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I'd don't get it. I was comparing them for styles (as they are the exact same style and skill level) currently when saying Stuart has a good contract at 1.7 million per season, whereas Greene's contract is too high at 2.9 million (the Stuart comment had nothing to do with the "established" part). Greene is a solid guy, solid bottom pairing guy...but he is overpaid. ~2 million is where he should be as a one-dimensional bottom pairing defenseman. Kings overpaid then, he is still overpaid. Don't matter than much, but yeah.

Greene was a solid bottom pairing guy in EDM, was pretty secure as an NHL player when the trade went through, IMO. It's kinda like if the Kings traded Alec Martinez right now, and he signed a deal with a new team worth 3 million. He is an established 3rd pairing guy, not worth 3 million, but definitely an established NHLer. That was the only point I was making. I don't think Greene has ever been worth the money he was paid on that deal. I like what Greene brings, don't get me wrong, he is just overpaid. Every team has guys that are under/over paid, it's not a big deal in most cases.
I guess we're in agreement to a certain extent.

The 2nd line of my of my last post wasn't directed specifically towards you. I was talking about Brad, not Mark, because someone had said Greene was better than him and implying a cap hit comparison between the two.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:11 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I hope that guy is right about Stoll.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:21 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
Didnt see Justin Azevedo's status posted anywhere. He apparently signed a contract to play in Finland.

Adding link: http://www.raumanlukko.fi/index_2.ph...set&u=0788&b=u
Kind of a bummer... Thought he might actually have a shot at some point since he was one of the last forwards kept this past year. At the very least he provided a solid stable presence in Manchester as far ascoring goes. This will be similar to the Moller situation in that the Kings will keep his rights indefinately since he still has a year or tw left on his contract correct?

Old
06-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Sharks sign Stuart for 3 years at $3.6M per. Makes the Mitchell, Scuderi and Greene signings look like a steal.
Meant to post this a few days ago but..

Old
06-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

He was coming to California anyways. DW traded to get his rights. He also could have low-balled him and probably succeeded.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dean with Penner and Fraser during the Brown speech at the rally:

I noticed that he was making the rounds with the players during their speeches. Didn't notice this when I was at the event, but saw it during the telecast. How can he not re-sign them?

Old
06-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

I noticed that he was making the rounds with the players during their speeches. Didn't notice this when I was at the event, but saw it during the telecast. How can he not re-sign them?
Dean probably whispered this in their ears: "You ****ers are going nowhere."

Old
06-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Forced perspective tells me that Dean Lombardi is 6'9

Old
06-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

I'd have to say Dean partied the most. He couldn't even speak!

Old
06-18-2012, 10:58 PM
hangons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Eklund reporting that Hickey will be moved.

I guess Hicks will be staying after all.
I was thinking the exact same thing! I can't remember Eklund ever being right on a rumor. Not one!

Old
06-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Kind of a bummer... Thought he might actually have a shot at some point since he was one of the last forwards kept this past year. At the very least he provided a solid stable presence in Manchester as far ascoring goes. This will be similar to the Moller situation in that the Kings will keep his rights indefinately since he still has a year or tw left on his contract correct?
No. His contract was up this off-season.

I believe the Kings can retain his rights as long as they keep offering him a qualifying offer since he's a RFA. He does not become a UFA until age 27; however, if I'm not mistaken, he'd switch to being a UFA if they failed to extend him a qualifying offer.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:04 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Forced perspective tells me that Dean Lombardi is 6'9
That or 4'4.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangons View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing! I can't remember Eklund ever being right on a rumor. Not one!
Everyones favorite Kings fan that blogs there has predicted Hickey to be moved for the last 3 preseasons....

Old
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
He's been right on a few.

But then again, when you make the amount of predictions that he does you're bound to nail some on the head just from a probability standpoint.

Blind squirrel, a nut, and all that.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
How amazing would this lineup be:

Parise-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Carter-Brown
King-Richards-Lewis
Richardson-Cliche/Fraser-Nolan

YES please.
Was Kyle Clifford sent off to be buried next to Jimmy Hoffa?

Old
06-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Everyones favorite Kings fan that blogs there has predicted Hickey to be moved for the last 3 preseasons....
That is correct, every offseason we keep hearing from him that Hickey is going to be moved. Believe it when you see it. I don't see teams lining up to acquire him. If he's moved, think of a small transaction of teams swapping prospects, like what we saw with the Kings trading Lauri Tukonen for Richard Clune. Funny how Clune is still a part of the Kings organization.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:39 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
If we don't go after e.kane what about p.kane? They were just mentioning he might be on the block on NHL network and that chi town needs a goalie. Bernier, hickey, Loki and a 1st?

Whats interesting about this trade is you could still offer Parise about 6.5 a year and have enough to sign quick. Would have to let go of Stoll and Penner but the lines would be out of control

Parise Kopi Brown
Williams Carter Kane
Gagne Richards King
Clifford Lewis Nolan

Skill on 3lines line and a bruising 4th line.
Then you have to re-sign Brown and Voynov and others. Parise would be nice but do any of you really think it's realistic to sign him and not lose one of Quick/Brown in the process? The 70.3M cap will probably be lowered after the new CBA is negotiated.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:29 AM
likid

Quote:
He was the first one who come out with trade of Richards to Kings right after Carter was traded to Jackets...

Closed Thread