HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sabres are open for business

Old
06-19-2012, 12:02 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsTime View Post
what about erhoff for ottawa, what would that take?
Ehrhoff is too crucial to our D and is on a beautiful cap-saving contract. So you won't like the answer. Think Cowan, not Puempel/Condra/Wiercioch, etc.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:07 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Damn I think Stafford would work well on the Jets I just don't see any conceivable pieces we could send the other way. As I don't think we'd be trading our young talent (Kane, Bogosian, etc.) nor would we deal Byfuglien, Ladd, or Wheeler.

It would definitely have to be a package deal. What kind of pieces is Buffalo looking for?
Stafford + Brennan for Scheifele + Fehr? Is Scheifele included in that "etc."? Because he'd be the main piece we'd want from the Jets.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Amusing. Trade us Myers and your 1st rounders this and next year and you can have him. Enjoy watching him walk back to us next summer

To explain: Getzlaf already indicated several times he wants to stay here. He always wanted be be a "one team guy" and has a wife from SoCal and they just got a baby. I'd be extremely surprised if he went some place else.
I'm sure he's an honorable guy, but I wouldn't take comments like those to heart. A LOT of players pledge loyalty and devotion but oh how quickly the tides can change.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
We're pretty set at D between having 7-8 roster D, a couple NHL-ready prospects and a couple of good-but-not-yet-NHL-ready ones too. We have a mess of holes at forward though. We need to get bigger at center, definitely need a defensive center to kind of shield Ennis and to a lesser extent Hodgson from tough d-zone starts, we need to add more grit to our top 6, and we're lacking high-end forward prospects.
Sounds strikingly similar to the Jets. Which is too bad because I guess that makes us poor trading partners. I really think Stafford is the type of player Winnipeg would be looking for.

The only thing we could offer to fill any needs would be Antropov. Who can be a fringe 2nd line C, but a very good 3rd line C (he's kind of what you guys were hoping to get in Leino). He's been a solid defensive presence for the Jets, always in the right position to make plays and has the ability to be a force when he decides to play like one. Plus don't let Toronto fans tell you he sucks, he really doesn't. That being said he is close to UFA and the Jets would still need to add something substantial for that type of deal to go through.

Although if you're looking for a different type of bottom 6 centre we also have Patrice Cormier. Who won't blow you away points wise, but he's outstanding in the faceoff dot and he's an all out effort and grit player. But again we'd have to find another substantial piece to add to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
Stafford + Brennan for Scheifele + Fehr? Is Scheifele included in that "etc."? Because he'd be the main piece we'd want from the Jets.
Yeah, Scheifele is not really available and definitely not for that. I like Stafford, but I like Scheifele waaaaaaaay more.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
No. We already agreed to

Stafford
Leopold

Clowe
Murray

with Buffalo fans.
I think that's a good deal.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:14 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Sounds strikingly similar to the Jets. Which is too bad because I guess that makes us poor trading partners. I really think Stafford is the type of player Winnipeg would be looking for.

The only thing we could offer to fill any needs would be Antropov. Who can be a fringe 2nd line C, but a very good 3rd line C (he's kind of what you guys were hoping to get in Leino). He's been a solid defensive presence for the Jets, always in the right position to make plays and has the ability to be a force when he decides to play like one. Plus don't let Toronto fans tell you he sucks, he really doesn't. That being said he is close to UFA and the Jets would still need to add something substantial for that type of deal to go through.

Although if you're looking for a different type of bottom 6 centre we also have Patrice Cormier. Who won't blow you away points wise, but he's outstanding in the faceoff dot and he's an all out effort and grit player. But again we'd have to find another substantial piece to add to that.
If Stafford's the piece going back, then no amount of Antropov/Cormier caliber assets would do it. Like everyone else, we're interested in quality, not quantity. Something around Adam for Cormier could be worked out though.

Quote:
Yeah, Scheifele is not really available and definitely not for that. I like Stafford, but I like Scheifele waaaaaaaay more.
Fair enough. All I knew about Scheifele was his hot start last season, his hockey's future profile page, and the fact that he plays center.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
If Stafford's the piece going back, then no amount of Antropov/Cormier caliber assets would do it. Like everyone else, we're interested in quality, not quantity. Something around Adam for Cormier could be worked out though.

Fair enough. All I knew about Scheifele was his hot start last season, his hockey's future profile page, and the fact that he plays center.
Yeah, I can understand that from your point of view.

Has Adam really not been that great for you guys? I remember him tearing it up at the beginning of the season last year.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:22 AM
SlugLife978

Quote:

Has Adam really not been that great for you guys? I remember him tearing it up at the beginning of the season last year.
After an incredibly hot start between Vanek and Pominville he disappeared for the rest of the season and got sent back to Rochester. Also, he's projecting more as a LW than a C. Hell of a shot, but his skating needs major work.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:43 AM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Could something around stastny+barrie for myers work? I have no idea if this is good for Sabres with the cap and such.

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:46 AM
SlugLife978

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
Could something around stastny+barrie for myers work? I have no idea if this is good for Sabres with the cap and such.
Myers is absolutely one of the untouchables mentioned in the OP. Just signed a big contract extension, boatloads of potential, already a large minute-eater. It would have to be massive overpayment to pry Myers out of BUF.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:02 AM
dma0034

Buffalo is open for business on every one except Myers (and Foligno, Miller and Ennis are all highly unlikely to be traded).

Think Vanek, Roy, Leopold or Sekera.

dma0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:12 AM
SlugLife978

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Buffalo is open for business on every one except Myers (and Foligno, Miller and Ennis are all highly unlikely to be traded).

Think Vanek, Roy, Leopold or Sekera.
I think Ennis could be had for the right offer. Hodgson, Ehrhoff, and Pominville are likely untouchables.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Henrik To Daniel

what would it take to get Patrick Kaleta on the Canucks?

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:06 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:

He's a great shooter and has good all-around offensive instincts. OTOH, he's on the slow side, bad defensively, and worst of all from my perspective, not an NHL center. I think he'll have a fine career as a top six winger.

I'd be perfectly fine in keeping him, but one of our LW's will have to be moved to make room. Maybe Vanek in a package for a 1C. No one wants Leino. Possibly Gerbe, but I'm biased towards him.

Quote:
what would it take to get Patrick Kaleta on the Canucks?
A team sushi dinner at Toshi's.

Seriously, I don't think Kaleta's the type of player you should trade for. Pick him or a similar player up a week before training camp or on waivers.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Ehrhoff

for

Kassian

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:01 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
Leopold to the New York Islanders. A ton of Isles fans are throwing his name around, being that he is exactly what is needed on the backend to help the Islanders' D.

Price?
Why go after Leopold, when you can negotiate with Pittsburgh for Paul Martin who is basically JL, but twice as good. (If Martin will Waive to go to the isles that is)

ObsessedCreative is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:17 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I'd move Ennis/Hodgson, 12, 21 + for Getzlaf. Without hesitation.

The risk of losing him remains. But I'm confident Pegula would get it done.
Yeah I bet you would, Anaheim OTOH hangs up quickly

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:06 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Yeah I bet you would, Anaheim OTOH hangs up quickly
Maybe you do, but Anaheims GM would have to consider Ennis + 2 firsts.

Getzlaf is coming off a horrible season with 1 yr left on his contract. Thats a hell of a package for a rental...especially considering Ennis is a RFA in all liklihood at the end of his next contract.

Sorry, but his value is skewed in your eyes. Which is typical of a fan of the team the player is on.

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
I think Ennis could be had for the right offer. Hodgson, Ehrhoff, and Pominville are likely untouchables.
Given the interview I heard with Darcy and Kevin from yesterday, I'd say Ehrhoff and Myers are the guys he was specifically speaking about.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Unagi

I'd have to agree that ANA would have to at least LISTEN if Buffalo offered Hodgson and 2 1st.

But for Getzlaf, I'd expect Hodgson AND Myers. Naturally, both teams would have to add to even things out.

Maybe Getzlaf + Palmieri for Hodgson + Myers + 2013 1st rounder + 2013 2nd rounder? [I know the price is steep, but you get a player that is widley considered to be a top center in the NHL and Palmieri was the leading scorer in the AHL last season I believe]

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:33 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
Yeah, but think about what is available at that juncture. Sabres could add another young, powerhouse D prospect PLUS Deehan, who is ready to be an impact NHL player this season. He just needs the chance (he will with the Islanders). Grabner is nothing to sneeze out, only 2 years in this league. He's essentially still a rookie. Look at what he did in his rookie year, he proved he can be an electrifying goal scorer. He's young and continues to work on his game. I'm not even OK with adding him in this deal, I just feel like he would be the dealbreaker.

If there's interest in the original deal, then I think something could be done with the NYI and Buffalo. Isn't Buffalo interested in Neilsen? I feel like I've read that somewhere. That's dooable to if Roy is heading our way.

But, like I said, Isles need and would want Leopold. He is EXACTLY what we would want.
I think a deal could definatly be ironed out between our two teams. Grabner is a good piece, and nielson was one of the most common names brought up to bring in as a FA until he signed his extension. I would also have done the origional deal too. But I don't know that darcy is willing to move up in the draft this year =/.....was a frustrating PC IMO.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:35 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
If you want myers your probably looking at Oreilly+

As for getzlaf.....I doubt we even make a significant offer. DR said no rentals.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I'd have to agree that ANA would have to at least LISTEN if Buffalo offered Hodgson and 2 1st.

But for Getzlaf, I'd expect Hodgson AND Myers. Naturally, both teams would have to add to even things out.

Maybe Getzlaf + Palmieri for Hodgson + Myers + 2013 1st rounder + 2013 2nd rounder? [I know the price is steep, but you get a player that is widley considered to be a top center in the NHL and Palmieri was the leading scorer in the AHL last season I believe]
Roy was considered among the top a few years ago. Value increases and value decreases. Your value is way off base currently, both in your own assets and ours. Myers, because of age/contract is worth more then one year of Ryan Getzlaf. You have to understand that 1yr UFAs have their value diminished. If Getzlaf was on a 3+ yr contract, then his value increases...to the point yes we would have to discuss Myers to make Anaheim listen.

Currently, he is not worth Myers. Currently he's barely worth 2 1sts and a good prospect. But that would have to be offered for Anaheim to listen.

Remember, value comes from more then just the player. It comes from everything surrounding him. Contract/Injuries/past seasons/cap hit to name a few. Would an overpayment be required to pry him out? Yes. Would you get anywhere NEAR what you think you would? No possible way, unless the GM was drunk....or Brian Burke.

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:56 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

the Oilers would love to try and get one of Buffalo's 1st rounders (or Washington's), but the guys we could offer like Gagner or Hemsky are about the only half decent players we have that aren't still prospects. Oilers would like to have an extra 1st rounder to get a defenceman.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
Maybe you do, but Anaheims GM would have to consider Ennis + 2 firsts.

Getzlaf is coming off a horrible season with 1 yr left on his contract. Thats a hell of a package for a rental...especially considering Ennis is a RFA in all liklihood at the end of his next contract.

Sorry, but his value is skewed in your eyes. Which is typical of a fan of the team the player is on.
Getzlaf has had 1 "horrible" season in his entire career and doesn't want to go anywhere, we're not looking to trade a big physical no.1 center to get smaller, that is NOT going to happen

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote