HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh - cgy - col

Old
06-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Another crap 3 team proposal. Stastny+Muller+1st+2nd for Green+Backlund? Try again lol. Don't even know why Flames are even in this other than to rip the Avs off lol. I think if Washington gives up Green+1st they should be the ones wanting Stastny(not that we do that. It appears the only team that wins this is the Flames. Big suprise.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:13 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I wish the OP didn't have a username or location didn't scream Calgary Flames so it would be more exciting when I sarcastically ask if he's a Flames fan?
Because were just walking away with highway robbery............

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Congo Jack
Please Understand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
31 goals and 75+ pts when the caps are clicking esp on the powerplay. Mcphee's goal should be restoring that this offseason. Has Stastny ever had that many goals? Points?
Actually yes he had a 79 point season, a 78 point season and a 71 point season, the most goals he scored was 28 so you got me there. Also (this isn't used as an insult) but there is more to the game than points.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:16 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Another crap 3 team proposal. Stastny+Muller+1st+2nd for Green+Backlund? Try again lol. Don't even know why Flames are even in this other than to rip the Avs off lol. I think if Washington gives up Green+1st they should be the ones wanting Stastny(not that we do that. It appears the only team that wins this is the Flames. Big suprise.
Its actually a 3rd not a 2nd and Mueller has been hurt to so is he really that valuable??? I guess Avs fans hold him in high regard

Old
06-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Congo Jack
Please Understand

Also this has been brought up before, but why would the Avs trade Mueller? They wait for two years for him to be healthy and when he finally is, they trade him?

Old
06-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Its actually a 3rd not a 2nd and Mueller has been hurt to so is he really that valuable??? I guess Avs fans hold him in high regard
My bad...thought I saw 2nd. And yes, I would value Mueller around a late 1st, so to us its Stastny+2 1sts+3rd for Backlund+Green, which is brutal for us. Zero reason for Avs to do this. At all.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:19 AM
PAZ

Quote:
We've stuck with him for this long and he's finally will start the season healthy with a summer of conditioning. Are you saying Bergeron should've been traded when he missed all that time with concussions with his low trade value?

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Cinderella team

vCash: 250
Quote:
I'm just curious to what defenseman on the Avs is the next Green? The guy has been injured the last two seasons but he is also a d man that scored 31 goals in one season. You honestly don't think he would be a good d partner for Johnson???
Never said we have the next Green but the avs do have a couple of great offensive prospects, in Barrie and Elliott.

Hell no. I've never been a big fan of Green he looked great scoring 30G 80pts, when the caps were allergic to defense, where he was basically a 4th forward. As you mentioned he has been injured a lot lately with concussions and that's the last thing the avs need.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Actually yes he had a 79 point season, a 78 point season and a 71 point season, the most goals he scored was 28 so you got me there. Also (this isn't used as an insult) but there is more to the game than points.
Ahh but the second part of my post points out Green as a reliable defenseman as well in the (not used as an insult) playoffs. He looks to be in shape again and that may mean once again norris caliber.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:21 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Because were just walking away with highway robbery............
Uh, you're getting a 26-year-old #1C for an overpaid Bouwmeester and an underperforming Backlund, and the only cost is moving down 3 spots in the draft.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Uh, you're getting a 26-year-old #1C for an overpaid Bouwmeester and an underperforming Backlund, and the only cost is moving down 3 spots in the draft.
Watch...someone will now call Stastny an overpaid #2 C

Old
06-19-2012, 01:23 AM
PAZ

Quote:
shh, logic is strictly prohibited in this thread!

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Congo Jack
Please Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Ahh but the second part of my post points out Green as a reliable defenseman as well in the (not used as an insult) playoffs. He looks to be in shape again and that may mean once again norris caliber.
Well it just seems that the majority of the people here are focusing primarily on the point total and it's great that he's recovering from the injuries but do you think that Green, at this point of time, is worth a #1 center, a first, a winger (who is also coming back from injuries) and a 3rd? And how would I take you mentioning the playoffs as an insult? If you mean that as an insult to my post then that's petty, if not then you don't have to worry about me getting upset lol

Old
06-19-2012, 01:34 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
I love the fact you didn't label Stastny as under performing which he has the last 2 seasons. Pretty convenient of you.

I could easily say your getting a under performing centerman in Stastny for D man still in his prime and a young centerman yet to have a break out year.

And is Stastny not overpaid??????

Old
06-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Avs44

Quote:
I love the fact you didn't label Stastny as under performing which he has the last 2 seasons. Pretty convenient of you.

I could easily say your getting a under performing centerman in Stastny for D man still in his prime and a young centerman yet to have a break out year.

lol....In his prime...you mean and very mediocre , and a guy who looks like a bust to me.

And as we have said COUNTLESS times, we are not bothered by Stastny's contract. Therefore, it does not lower his value in our eyes, so stop bringing it up

Old
06-19-2012, 01:40 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:

Stastny is slightly overpaid. But come on. Look at the team he's had to play with the past two years. He's a #1C, plain and simple. He makes David flippin' Jones into a 30 goals scorer. He makes Jamie freaking McGinn look like a legit top-6 winger. Stastny makes something out of nothing. '

Convenient of me? I'm not remotely an Avs fan. Bouwmeester is extremely overpaid for a #2 defenseman. And who says Backlund is even going to break out? He's barely three years younger than Stastny, and was scoring at a 20-point pace despite playing almost a third of his time with Iginla and Tanguay.

Not only is Stastny a player who is a guaranteed 60 point player, but also a phenomenal faceoff man and very good defensively. You undervalue him severely, I can only imagine because he's a great young player on a division rival and that tends to happen.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:42 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

calgary screws both teams in the OP.

Or as burke says, skins both teams. I'd suggest you watch burke's TVO interview where he details on why you cant screw people like this and still expect to be a GM. Flames666, you won a trade, congratulations. You will also never make a trade again.

Last edited by danishh: 06-19-2012 at 02:07 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:48 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
lol....In his prime...you mean and very mediocre , and a guy who looks like a bust to me.

And as we have said COUNTLESS times, we are not bothered by Stastny's contract. Therefore, it does not lower his value in our eyes, so stop bringing it up
Calgary isn't bothered by Bouwmeester's contract either, if you think Backlund is a bust then fine. I never said Colorado was bothered by Stastny contract, just though he could be available given Duchene and O'reiley on your team. Also getting back a young centerman in Backlund, but you already think he is a bust.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Well it just seems that the majority of the people here are focusing primarily on the point total and it's great that he's recovering from the injuries but do you think that Green, at this point of time, is worth a #1 center, a first, a winger (who is also coming back from injuries) and a 3rd? And how would I take you mentioning the playoffs as an insult? If you mean that as an insult to my post then that's petty, if not then you don't have to worry about me getting upset lol
No worries...just the fans of teams inquiring about Green lately get upset about mentioning playoffs. I agree the value is way off here. Im basicaly once again defending an excellent hockey player because Sidney Crosby tore him up on defense in a playoff series...oh and because everyone hates his tats and fauxhawk they just dont bring it up lol.

Seriously...Green two years in a row showed he was if not the best than 2nd best defenseman in the nhl. Stastny has not shown to be the best center or even top five. Not that this matters in player value,its just im not sure fans know what they are getting in Green or for my sake what were giving up as caps fans.

Capathetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 871
Quote:

Stastny
WSH 1st 2012
COL 3rd 2012

Green
Backlund

Bouwmeester
Mueller
COL 1st 2013
CGY 1st 2012
The problem with this thread isn't that the Avs' fans are overrating Statsny. It's more like the Avs are getting ripped off with this trade.

When the Avs trade Statsny, Mueller, 1st rd pick and 3rd rd pick, the package coming back shouldn't be just Green and Backlund. Unless, you also include a package of lube.

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:20 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

For the people who think Stastny is overrated..... Stop making trade proposals to acquire him then. Its that simple. If he was really that overrated their wouldn't be so much demand for him. We think his value to the avs is much higher than what you guys are offering.

TheFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Hell no from Washington. Doesn't help fill any holes, just shuffles the deck. We don't need draft picks and trading one player with injury concerns (Green) for another (Mueller) doesn't exactly serve to fix that issue. If Stastny was coming to Washington, I could see an argument for this. But instead we're getting a defenseman with an even bigger cap hit than ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
7 points last year in 40ish games, yeah Mike Green is definitely who we need......
16 points in the last two seasons, yeah Peter Mueller is definitely who we need.....

I hope you see why your analysis was terrible. Green was injured most of last season. He wasn't in shape when he returned from surgery, so he lacked his explosive skating ability and conditioning. As the season progressed, he began looking better and better as he got closer to returning to game shape.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:53 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
And if we got Stastny it would still be 1989 because he is basically a really good number 2.
That awkward moment when you realize Stastny was 26th in scoring for centers in a down year for him and the Avs, and he's actually also just two years removed from a 79 point season.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:01 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Like it or not, the market value for Stastny was set by the Carter and Richards trades. Stastny is on the same tier than those guys.

And the Avs dont want to get rid of em. His contract has gone from overpaid to slightly overpaid to fair. Look at Grabovski, Kelly , Jones and so on. He would get the same contract as UFA easily right now.

So in order to get Stastny you have to give up a top pairing dman or top line sniper/ elite prospect who projects to amount to either + X

If I am really generous and rate Bouwmeester as a capable top pairing dman who fits the bill, Backlund is not really worth the X needed to balance things valuewise. But even if he was.

That still leaves Mueller ( similar or more value than Backlund), our 1st and a 3rd.

So no thanx, Bro.

In general trading Stastny is not worth it, if we cant plug our holes by doing it.

That means we need a young (can be a surefire bluechip prospect) top pairing left handed dman back. Or a top line sniper who gets at least 30 goals a year. We dont really want Center prospects, potential 2nd pairing dman or 2nd line wingers. We want to finish off the rebuild not prolong it

Last edited by JoemAvs: 06-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:53 AM
The Gnome

Calgary gets Stastny and Colorado gets Bouwmeester.

COL fans hate it, but the value is close. I don't see a reason for all these 3-way trades. From what I have seen from COL in the last year, Bouwemester is exactly what they need.

If COL could do better in a Stastny trade then good for them. But they need another top pairing dman, who is solid in his own end, and has experience. They have 3 great centers...something has to give.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote