HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Kane

Old
06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
ndgt10

vCash: 500
Sharp + Morin for Kane

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Sharp + Morin for Kane
Why would the Hawks want to take an immediate downgrade at the winger spot in addition to giving up one of their best prospects?

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
To be fair, wasn't it announced and proven thru security cameras that Radulov and AK just went out for steaks and didn't drink?
may be true, but you don't get suspended by your team during the POs for eating steak

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:41 AM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Why would the Hawks want to take an immediate downgrade at the winger spot in addition to giving up one of their best prospects?
Haha.. we would be lucky if Winnipeg would even consider that.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
Haha.. we would be lucky if Winnipeg would even consider that.
Sharp is better than Evander Kane right now. For a team trying to contend in the moment, that's a pretty bad trade for the Hawks.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:03 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Sharp + Morin for Kane
haha.... no.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Because E Kane just turned 21, and is anything but a finished product? Add in that he's a physical presence, and that increases his value as well. Add in that he produced on a team without a playmaker, and I think Kane would outproduce Sharp if he played on the Hawks.

Maybe it's just me - but I'd be OK with a PK for EK trade. Any downgrade you take in playmaking and high end skill would be offset by the huge improvement in physical presence and forecheck IMO.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:42 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Because E Kane just turned 21, and is anything but a finished product? Add in that he's a physical presence, and that increases his value as well. Add in that he produced on a team without a playmaker, and I think Kane would outproduce Sharp if he played on the Hawks.

Maybe it's just me - but I'd be OK with a PK for EK trade. Any downgrade you take in playmaking and high end skill would be offset by the huge improvement in physical presence and forecheck IMO.
You say that like Pat Kane is a finished product himself, and Evander is the only one who can improve between the two...

Yes, it is just you.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Hawkaholic

You guys are insane if you wouldn't trade Sharp for Evander...I would do that in a heart beat.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:10 PM
tomcat24

I agree. I would do the trade. But I would rather expand it to getting a center, too. Like Burmistrov. It would really have to be a big trade, though. Don't know what it would take

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
MJP

Islander fan here. Ive always loved Kane, kids got the some of the prettiest mits around, and you guys trading him for his off ice "antics" would be such a dumb move. But that aside, I was just wondering, is there any deal you guys would be happy with sending Kane over to the island?

Obviously JT is off limits. Id say almost everyone else is fair game.

What do you think?

MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
tomcat24

It might seem like it would be trading him for his off-ice stuff, but that's only a part of it. His trade value would be pretty high. We don't have the right mix to conpete for the Cup now. The core players aren't physical enough and neither are the physical players. Plus they have little skill. We need guys like buff, ladd and even versteeg. Guys with a good mix of skill and grit. I would want Okposo included in any deal. The 1st round pick is also a good trade chip. Don't think you would include both, though

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
Islander fan here. Ive always loved Kane, kids got the some of the prettiest mits around, and you guys trading him for his off ice "antics" would be such a dumb move. But that aside, I was just wondering, is there any deal you guys would be happy with sending Kane over to the island?

Obviously JT is off limits. Id say almost everyone else is fair game.

What do you think?
I think if Tavares is off limits then so is Kane. If you don't understand why, then you don't get it.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
I think if Tavares is off limits then so is Kane. If you don't understand why, then you don't get it.
Pretty much, they have nothing else that comes close to Kane. I would do Kane for Tavares for sure.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
MJP

Quote:
Well, Kane isn't off limits, otherwise there would be no speculation of trading him.

I wouldn't want to part with the 1st, but have absolutely no problem giving you okposo and whatever else you want. Nabakov? or do you trust in crawford?

MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Well, Kane isn't off limits, otherwise there would be no speculation of trading him.
There is no speculation other than retarded media outlets.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I could do Kane for Moulson, Nielsen and the No 4, no less though.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:25 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
disagree.

If the Isles want to be contenders, getting a guy like Kane makes that happen...

I can easily see the Isles moving :

to Hawks : Okposo, Hamonic, and 2012 1st round pick (Hawks hopefully use it on Galchenyuk and solve our problems at center forever!)

to Isles : Patrick Kane and Dylan Olsen....throw in Frolik as well if the Isles can afford it as a favor to eat that contract for us

the trade works out for both teams as Okposo plays the style needed, we get Galchenyuk (though I guess its possible he could get snagged right before the pick) and Hamonic is a big upgrade over Olsen....

this deal would be accepted by the Hawks as it frees up needed cap space to land Suter or Parise, but makes us more balanced moving forward

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:39 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
disagree.

If the Isles want to be contenders, getting a guy like Kane makes that happen...

I can easily see the Isles moving :

to Hawks : Okposo, Hamonic, and 2012 1st round pick (Hawks hopefully use it on Galchenyuk and solve our problems at center forever!)

to Isles : Patrick Kane and Dylan Olsen....throw in Frolik as well if the Isles can afford it as a favor to eat that contract for us

the trade works out for both teams as Okposo plays the style needed, we get Galchenyuk (though I guess its possible he could get snagged right before the pick) and Hamonic is a big upgrade over Olsen....

this deal would be accepted by the Hawks as it frees up needed cap space to land Suter or Parise, but makes us more balanced moving forward
forget it...the hawks would be giving up way too much on that trade.

if they want to deal kane, a more interesting scenario is waiting until next year and starting to look at perry/getzlaf and considering how we could acquire one or both of them. after that, i'd love to see who ends up with the 2nd overall pick in the 2013 draft...who knows, but i figure that would be Seth Jones. depending on who owns that pick consider trying to offload kane as a package that includes the #2 pick (in combination w/ trying to get getzlaf/perry)...and also figuring out the additional salary dump needed.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Kane is not on the trading block and if you want Kane, JT would have to come our way. Simple as that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

the trade
why should we trade Kane and Olsen for that package? That would be stupid move

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Islander fan here. Ive always loved Kane, kids got the some of the prettiest mits around, and you guys trading him for his off ice "antics" would be such a dumb move.
It would be a dumb move...it's why the Hawks won't do it.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:16 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
forget it...the hawks would be giving up way too much on that trade.

if they want to deal kane, a more interesting scenario is waiting until next year and starting to look at perry/getzlaf and considering how we could acquire one or both of them. after that, i'd love to see who ends up with the 2nd overall pick in the 2013 draft...who knows, but i figure that would be Seth Jones. depending on who owns that pick consider trying to offload kane as a package that includes the #2 pick (in combination w/ trying to get getzlaf/perry)...and also figuring out the additional salary dump needed.
Why would the Ducks trade MVPerry or their only top 6 center for kane?

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Hawks82

I can't imagine the Hawks trading Kane. He's just too big a part of this franchise. He's the face along with Toews.

I'm sure the FO is displeased with the Cinco-de-Mayo party pics, but they'll be far more displeased if Kane starts putting up 100pt seasons in another team's jersey. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter just threw a huge wrench in the theory that a player's off-ice activity effects on-ice performance. There's not much of a connection.

Just read any story about Mickey Mantle's off the field behavior in the 1950's and
1960's. The Mick partied 10x times harder than any modern athlete and still managed to be the best player of his generation.

At least the proposals on here are decent. Tavares and E. Kane are the kinds of elite players I'd expect in return for Kane if he were to be traded.

I've spent the last 2 months listening to JJ and the rest of the mental defectives at Hockeybuzz ready to drive Kane to the airport for two 3rd liners and other assorted spare parts.

As a matter of fact, JJ's betting that Kane will traded by 3/1. Apparently his value is far too low right now. I'd really like to know why that guy has such a beef with Kane? Anyone follow that guy long enough to know?

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:23 AM
MagicSlap*

Your problem is listening to JJ who is a total clueless moron

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:25 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Why would the Ducks trade MVPerry or their only top 6 center for kane?
they might but we wouldn't

D0uche and D0uchier are both UFAs at the end of next year...and unless they have a masochistic streak, I can't imagine them dying to re-up with the Ducks. My point is we try to sign one or both of them...which would require a massive salary dump. My suggestion was if we're at the point of unloading Kane we try to do it to the team w/ the #2 draft pick...in the hope that we can find a package where we end up getting back Seth Jones (as #2 pick) and some other cap-neutral benefits.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote