HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

InfinityIggy 2012 NHL Mock Draft V2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2012, 09:49 PM
  #1
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
InfinityIggy 2012 NHL Mock Draft V2

Final Mock Draft for 2012.

1. Edmonton - Nail Yakupov
.
.
.
2. Columbus - Ryan Murray
.
.
.
3. Montreal - Alex Galchenyuk
.
.
.
4. NY Islanders - Mathew Dumba
.
.
.
5. Toronto - Mikhail Grigorenko
.
.
.
6. Anaheim - Jacob Trouba
.
.
.
7. Minnesota - Filip Forsberg
.
.
.
8. Carolina - Teuvo Teravainen
.
.
.
9. Winnipeg - Radek Faksa
.
.
.
10. Tampa Bay - Morgan Rielly
.
.
.
11. Washington - Griffin Reinhart
.
.
.
12. Buffalo - Zemgus Girgensons
.
.
.
13. Dallas - Brendan Gaunce
.
.
.
14. Calgary - Cody Ceci
.
.
.
15. Ottawa - Olli Maatta
.
.
.
16. Washington - Sebastian Collberg
.
.
.
17. San Jose - Tomas Hertl
.
.
.
18. Chicago - Matt Finn
.
.
.
19. Tampa Bay - Tom Wilson
.
.
.
20. Philadelphia - Derrick Pouliot
.
.
.
21. Buffalo - Pontus Aberg
.
.
.
22. Pittsburgh - Colton Sissons
.
.
.
23. Florida - Hampus Lindholm
.
.
.
24. Boston - Henrik Samuelsson
.
.
.
25. St. Louis - Dalton Thrower
.
.
.
26. Vancouver - Slater Koekkoek
.
.
.
27. Phoenix - Mark Jankowski
.
.
.
28. NY Rangers - Scott Laughton
.
.
.
29. New Jersey - Malcolm Subban.
.
.
.
30. L.A. - Martin Frk

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:37 PM
  #2
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
I think Anaheim probably bites on Forsberg, but other than that well thought out

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 10:41 PM
  #3
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I think Anaheim probably bites on Forsberg, but other than that well thought out
That was the hardest pick to try and guess..spent a good 20 minutes thinking about it

They could bite on Forsberg for sure.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM
  #4
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,374
vCash: 883
I like this. Especially with the Canucks getting Koekkoek. I pray you are 100% correct in this.

LiquidSnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:37 AM
  #5
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 157
Would prefer Ceci or Määttä if Girgensons is gone by 13th.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:39 AM
  #6
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 32,916
vCash: 69
Trouba makes sense but I think if Forsberg is available Murray will bite the bullet on him instead for a few reasons

1.) He plays very similar to Corey Perry which fits the style Murray is very interested in seeing the Ducks play
2.) He can play center and he's been looking for a sizeable center to be a pivot for Etem and Palmieri
3.) Murray absolutely loves Swedish players
4.) Forsberg's favorite player to play with is Ducks prospect William Karlsson
5.) That last name is a win for the Ducks merch team.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:05 AM
  #7
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 50
I'd be more than happy for this to be right.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:15 AM
  #8
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Trouba makes sense but I think if Forsberg is available Murray will bite the bullet on him instead for a few reasons

1.) He plays very similar to Corey Perry which fits the style Murray is very interested in seeing the Ducks play
2.) He can play center and he's been looking for a sizeable center to be a pivot for Etem and Palmieri
3.) Murray absolutely loves Swedish players
4.) Forsberg's favorite player to play with is Ducks prospect William Karlsson
5.) That last name is a win for the Ducks merch team.
Good points. It really could go either way there IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Would prefer Ceci or Määttä if Girgensons is gone by 13th.
If you are going solely by BPA then I agree, but looking at Dallas Prospects they already have Philip Larsen and Jamie Oleksiak. Ceci or Maatta would just be redundant IMO.

They have no legitimate upcoming centers though I think Gaunce fixes that.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:25 AM
  #9
Tank For Reinhart
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Tank For Reinhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,899
vCash: 500
Hope Buffalo would take Cody Ceci at 12, I like the 21st pick.

Tank For Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
  #10
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Tampa doesn't complain, get a much needed offensive threat on the blue line plus size and grit up front.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
  #11
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
  #12
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.
There are no absolutes when you're pick 24th, thanks for the input though.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 01:40 PM
  #13
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
I love the leafs pick. While I think Forsberg is good I still think Grigorenko has the much higher upside. While he is a "Russian." I don't see him bolting as he has stated he would love to play in Canada. Fits every need we have. Love the pick and I hope you are right.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
  #14
minion
Registered User
 
minion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lincoln NE
Country: Armenia
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.
Agreed

minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:57 PM
  #15
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
There are no absolutes when you're pick 24th, thanks for the input though.
Cam Neely drafting Ulf's son? I'd argue there's never been anything more absolute than that not happening. He's not even close to BPA at that point.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:19 PM
  #16
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Cam Neely drafting Ulf's son? I'd argue there's never been anything more absolute than that not happening. He's not even close to BPA at that point.
I highly doubt it will matter who a players father was. He will draft the player he thinks is best for the team.

Do you have any idea how subjective the BPA is at that point? This is a weak draft, stating that there is even a BPA at that point is a joke.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:30 PM
  #17
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I highly doubt it will matter who a players father was. He will draft the player he thinks is best for the team.

Do you have any idea how subjective the BPA is at that point? This is a weak draft, stating that there is even a BPA at that point is a joke.
Is it? Each team has there list, they will surely know who BPA is to them when their pick comes.

For what it's worth Peter Chiarelli said he has 5 players he is seriously looking at. 4 d-men and 1 forwards. The list is reportedly: Koekkoek, Finn, Maatta, Lindholm, Gaunce.

Aka if Koekkeok is still on the board Boston takes Koekkoek.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
  #18
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Is it? Each team has there list, they will surely know who BPA is to them when their pick comes.

For what it's worth Peter Chiarelli said he has 5 players he is seriously looking at. 4 d-men and 1 forwards. The list is reportedly: Koekkoek, Finn, Maatta, Lindholm, Gaunce.

Aka if Koekkeok is still on the board Boston takes Koekkoek.
Link or no one cares...

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:45 AM
  #19
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Link or no one cares...
http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...8&feedID=10944

Quote:
So who are the five players that the Bruins have poked, prodded, interviewed and targeted as hopefuls when the 24th pick arrives (barring any trades to move up in the draft, of course)?

Here’s a list with a quick scouting report:

Slater Koekkoek (defenseman)
Matthew Finn (defenseman)
Olli Maatta (defenseman)
Hampus Lindholm (defenseman)
Brendan Gaunce (center)
Next....

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
  #20
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Lol, its a speculative piece by Haggerty who is an "insider" I bet you the Bruins walk away with none of those players on draft day.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:57 AM
  #21
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Lol, its a speculative piece by Haggerty who is an "insider" I bet you the Bruins walk away with none of those players on draft day.
It's the same list some other insiders came up with. They know better than most who Boston brought in for an interview seeing as how they work with the team. Where there is smoke there is fire. Koekkoek also tweeted pictures from Boston during his visit.

Not to mention Peter himself confirmed the 6 player list that comprised of 5 D-men. In your draft Koekkoek, Thrower, Matheson and Bystrom are all still available (3 of the 4 are ranked higher than Samuelsson in nearly all scouting reports and mocks).

PS I bet you Samuelsson never pulls a Bruins sweater over his head.


Last edited by IrishPaulie: 06-20-2012 at 04:07 AM.
IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:59 AM
  #22
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 32,916
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Boston takes Koekkoek if he is available.
Thanks for the inside info Mr. Chiarelli.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM
  #23
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
It's the same list some other insiders came up with. They know better than most who Boston brought in for an interview seeing as how they work with the team. Where there is smoke there is fire. Koekkoek also tweeted pictures from Boston during his visit.

Not to mention Peter himself confirmed the 6 player list that comprised of 5 D-men. In your draft Koekkoek, Thrower, Matheson and Bystrom are all still available (3 of the 4 are ranked higher than Samuelsson in nearly all scouting reports and mocks).

PS I bet you Samuelsson never pulls a Bruins sweater over his head.
He probably wont, at least im not stupid enough to say there is 'no chance' they let a certain player slip by them. More than i can say for you.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
  #24
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
It's the same list some other insiders came up with. They know better than most who Boston brought in for an interview seeing as how they work with the team. Where there is smoke there is fire. Koekkoek also tweeted pictures from Boston during his visit.

Not to mention Peter himself confirmed the 6 player list that comprised of 5 D-men. In your draft Koekkoek, Thrower, Matheson and Bystrom are all still available (3 of the 4 are ranked higher than Samuelsson in nearly all scouting reports and mocks).

PS I bet you Samuelsson never pulls a Bruins sweater over his head.
So what do you know, Boston took none of these guys. How surprising.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 03:49 AM
  #25
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
So what do you know, Boston took none of these guys. How surprising.
Really? Do you feel better now?

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.