HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sabres are open for business

Old
06-19-2012, 07:10 AM
MidgetMyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
what would it take to get Patrick Kaleta on the Canucks?
As if Vancouver doesnt have enough little ****heads

We'll take a 3rd and Oreskovich

MidgetMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
Maybe you do, but Anaheims GM would have to consider Ennis + 2 firsts.

Getzlaf is coming off a horrible season with 1 yr left on his contract. Thats a hell of a package for a rental...especially considering Ennis is a RFA in all liklihood at the end of his next contract.

Sorry, but his value is skewed in your eyes. Which is typical of a fan of the team the player is on.
Something like this is only worth considering if Getzlaf wants out. We're not going to ship out our captain just because someone offers a package with value. There are other considerations here.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:26 AM
BuzzKillington90

I am merely arguing valuations. Honestly if what one of the previous posters said about him is accurate then it's a huge red flag and I hope Regier takes it as such.

While Getzlaf does bring things that cannot be measured, the "intangible" factor: This does not void the "clouds" on his value.

In no way shape or form does Anaheim *have* to trade Getzlaf, however the purpose of my argument was to set a valuation of what it would take should he come available.

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:28 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Something like this is only worth considering if Getzlaf wants out. We're not going to ship out our captain just because someone offers a package with value. There are other considerations here.
It doesn't matter anyways because our GM said we will NOT be trading for anybody with only one year left on their contract, so Regier has no interest in Getzlaf at this point in time. Besides if its for anywhere near the price your asking your GM would be laughed out of the league. You just don't get as much for a rental, which is what getzlaf is right now. Sure, if he had 2 or 3 years left, you'd probably be in the right ball park, though maybe a little high because just as Roys value fell after last year, Getzlafs fell just as much if not more (comparitively not saying that getzlaf is worth less then roy).

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
I am merely arguing valuations. Honestly if what one of the previous posters said about him is accurate then it's a huge red flag and I hope Regier takes it as such.

While Getzlaf does bring things that cannot be measured, the "intangible" factor: This does not void the "clouds" on his value.

In no way shape or form does Anaheim *have* to trade Getzlaf, however the purpose of my argument was to set a valuation of what it would take should he come available.
I have my doubts that Ennis would be offered if Getzlaf hits the block.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
It doesn't matter anyways because our GM said we will NOT be trading for anybody with only one year left on their contract, so Regier has no interest in Getzlaf at this point in time. Besides if its for anywhere near the price your asking your GM would be laughed out of the league. You just don't get as much for a rental, which is what getzlaf is right now. Sure, if he had 2 or 3 years left, you'd probably be in the right ball park, though maybe a little high because just as Roys value fell after last year, Getzlafs fell just as much if not more (comparitively not saying that getzlaf is worth less then roy).
I have no idea what you're going on about. I said he wouldn't be available. I wasn't asking you to add.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
I have no idea what you're going on about. I said he wouldn't be available. I wasn't asking you to add.
I was talking about two things:

1. You and most ducks fans over value getzlaf...by A LOT
2. The sabres are NOT interested in aquiring getzlaf at this time, as our GM said that he is not looking to add any 1 year contracts through trade....and you know this is a thread about SABRES TRADES.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:52 AM
BernieParent

van Riemsdyk for 12th overall + Regehr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetMyers
As if Vancouver doesnt have enough little ****heads
I was thinking the same thing. Imagine a Kaleta / Lapierre / Burrows line. My head is hurting just thinking of it!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:07 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Imagine a Kaleta / Lapierre / Burrows line. My head is hurting just thinking of it!
I would consider it but I don't know if Regehr would waive his NTC again to be moved once more so soon after he moved his family to buffalo.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I was talking about two things:

1. You and most ducks fans over value getzlaf...by A LOT
2. The sabres are NOT interested in aquiring getzlaf at this time, as our GM said that he is not looking to add any 1 year contracts through trade....and you know this is a thread about SABRES TRADES.
1. Yes, we actually value our best players. Shocking, I know.
2. I don't really care. Getzlaf was brought up, and that's what I was commenting on. If you only want commentary by Sabres fans, then you have a board for that.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:59 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
1. Yes, we actually value our best players. Shocking, I know.
2. I don't really care. Getzlaf was brought up, and that's what I was commenting on. If you only want commentary by Sabres fans, then you have a board for that.
1. There is a difference between valuing and overvaluing. You went hurtleing past that line a long time ago.

2. Yet this isn't a Getzlaf thread. We don't need a whole discussion about him, especially since he does not fit what our GM said we are looking for. That was stated long before you started discussing him. If you want to talk about Getzlaf, you have a ducks forum to do so. YOUR the one off topic. Not myself. Note that this thread says "Sabres are open for buisness". That means you discuss players the sabres are interested in aquiring, not players they aren't.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Vitto79

Vanek for Dubinsky, Aniismov and Thomas.....too much ? too little?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
then let the gm's laugh Getzlaf is not available

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:25 AM
MidgetMyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I'd want Stepan as part of any Vanek deal, but I doubt Rangers fans would do it

MidgetMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
Leopold to the New York Islanders. A ton of Isles fans are throwing his name around, being that he is exactly what is needed on the backend to help the Islanders' D.

Price?
If we held him till the deadline, we could get at least a 2nd for him--Jonny Oduya got a 2nd and 3rd, FFS. Given that the 34th pick may be worth more than a 2nd and 3rd from a good team, I'd do Leopold for 34th pick. Otherwise, I'd like to build a bigger deal around Bailey. Cast in the right role--3C?--I think he could find his stride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post

Leopold

_____

What would it take?
Not in love with Vancouver's prospect pool. I'd say the Oduya price: 2nd and 3rd, you pick the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Clowe + Murray for Stafford + Leopold?
This has already been agreed upon by all parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
Would Malone be enough for Leopold or Sekera? I think Conolly is expendable with picks/prospect for a shutdown top 4 D preferably Rhd
As stated by others, we'd do it for Leopold. No dice on Sekera. The combination of talent and contract is too good to give up. One of the few values on our roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
How much would Stafford cost? I would love to reunite a Parise-Zajac-Stafford line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
just wondering...what would the price tag on JUST Stafford be for NJ?

I'm not his biggest fan, but it couldn't hurt to get one of Parise's bffs
Assuming Zajac and Henrique are off the table, I think the deal would have to be Josefson+. Josefson was Buffalo's pick in 2009 if Kassian was off the board. He'd be a good defensive center to play behind Ennis and Hodgson.

I'm just not sure what the plus is. Ryan Carter, perhaps? I think he'd be a good 4th line center between Gerbe and Kaleta. Maybe a 2nd rounder? Though I'm hesitant to give up Stafford for an unknown like Josefson and a late-2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
What would it take to get Vanek? Marleau?
I think they have similar values on similar contracts, but Vanek is the younger player. I'd pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsTime View Post
what about erhoff for ottawa, what would that take?
I actually think Ehrhoff is one of the few players Buffalo isn't looking to move. At all. I think he's in the group of untouchables with Myers. Our record was very good with him in the lineup, and very poor without him. He got off to a rough start, but was very good after that. Definitely not keeping him in the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Tempting. He'd add some needed size and physicality to our top-6, and he always seems to hurt the Sabres. I think acquring JvR would allow a Stafford trade--perhaps in that Clowe/Murray for Stafford/Leopold deal above--and Vanek could move over to RW. Plus, Darcy loves wingers making around $4m per year.

But, in reality, it's not going to happen after the to-do Buffalo made to get Regehr to waive his NMC to come to Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I don't think we'd keep Tom in the conference for that package. I don't know why people think Nash would net so much more than Vanek in a deal. Their numbers are strikingly similar. I think Regier would require one of Kreider or Erixon coming back to Buffalo in a deal for Vanek. The former is probably not available, and the later coaxed his way to NYC, so I'm not sure the Sabres would take the risk.

I think Regier would want something like:

Dubinsky
Kreider/Erixon
J.T. Miller

Doubt the Rangers would be cool with that.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Unagi

How do the Sabres feel about Vanek? I heard Dregger saying the Habs are looking for a Top 6 LW...they sure have the money...what would it take?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
How do the Sabres feel about Vanek? I heard Dregger saying the Habs are looking for a Top 6 LW...they sure have the money...what would it take?
To keep Vanek in the division? Major overpayment. The Habs won't like it, and Darcy would probably want Max Pax as part of the deal.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Hawks
C Derek Roy

To Sabres
C Brandon Pirri or C Marcus Kruger
2nd round pick
I like those.

Roy for McNeill and a 2nd?

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
No. We already agreed to

Stafford
Leopold

Clowe
Murray

with Buffalo fans.
I like this deal a lot. And I'd do it. I'm trying to think through a counter-offer that would get Buffalo Clowe and Murray without trading Stafford. And Buffalo still needs a center.

Roy, Vanek, and Leopold

for

Pavelski, Clowe, and Murray.

- Buffalo gets a center, and two players they need in Clowe and Murray. Downside is that Clowe and Murray are 2013 UFA's.

- SJ gets scoring in Vanek, back-end mobility in Leopold, and a top 6 center with speed in Roy. Downside is that Roy and Leopold are 2013 UFA's.

Thoughts?

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:41 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
then let the gm's laugh Getzlaf is not available
That STILL doesn't change the fact that the sabres wouldn't be looking to trade for him in the first place. Like I said, and was ignored multiple times, we are NOT looking for rentals. Getzlaf is a rental. Our GM said we will not be picking up any players in the final year of their contracts. So you guys can go ahead and take your ridiculously priced under performing rental player and get out of the thread as he doesn't fit the criteria that we are looking for.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
I like this deal a lot. And I'd do it. I'm trying to think through a counter-offer that would get Buffalo Clowe and Murray without trading Stafford. And Buffalo still needs a center.

Roy, Vanek, and Leopold

for

- Buffalo gets a center, and two players they need in Clowe and Murray. Downside is that Clowe and Murray are 2013 UFA's.

- SJ gets scoring in Vanek, back-end mobility in Leopold, and a top 6 center with speed in Roy. Downside is that Roy and Leopold are 2013 UFA's.

Thoughts?
I think vanek will land something close to what nash will land in a trade, as their statistics are very close Vanek for Pavelski doesn't work for me =/

Old
06-19-2012, 10:46 AM
static80

Quote:
No. We already agreed to

Stafford
Leopold

Clowe
Murray

with Buffalo fans.
Yes, I'd like to see a trade like this happen.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM
dannyj10

Pitt would like Pommer+Sekra for Staal+Martin+2nd? Sound good????

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM
BloFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
Pitt would like Pommer+Sekra for Staal+Martin+2nd? Sound good????
Um no.

Martin is terrible and terribly overpaid. We are not trading our Captain. We have a hard enough time finding one and Pominville did great last season.

BloFan4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post

Roy, Vanek, and Leopold

for

Thoughts?
Absolutely not from this Sharks fan's perspective. The reason we'd want to trade for Stafford is because he'd be a great fit with Thornton. Vanek's contract is not pretty, considering his stats, and especially compared to Pavelski's.

Basically, Pavs goes nowhere unless the Sharks decide to rebuild.

Let's just stick to the deal that we agreed on.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote