HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-win

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 06:49 AM
M Ace

vCash: 500
Edm-win

Please don't flame me for this; Just sat and had a philosophy moment with myself. And I come up with this:

To Edmonton:
Zach Bogosian
Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:
Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
1st Overall 2012

As a Oilersfan this may be onesided in favour of the Oilers.

What do you think?

Old
06-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Ace View Post
Please don't flame me for this; Just sat and had a philosophy moment with myself. And I come up with this:

To Edmonton:
Zach Bogosian
Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:
Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
1st Overall 2012

What do you think?
If most people agree that 1st overall and Kane are at least ballpark close in value. That leaves Bogosian for Gagner and Klefboom which jets fans won't like. You may be able to argue it a little bit, with rumors whirlin around Kane but jets fans will most likely say no.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:00 AM
SIDGENO8771

Pittsburgh offers a signed Staal, Michalek, Tangradi, Bortuzzo and a 2012 2nd for Kane and Bogosian. You guys can also have Martin.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:

To Edmonton:
Zach Bogosian
Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:
Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
1st Overall 2012

What do you think?
I'd say that its a bit of an overpayment from Edmonton, but may be worth it if it can accelerate the rebuild. Personally i wouldn't trade Yakupov for Kane, but Kane may be a slightly better fit making it more palatable. Bogosian for Klefbom longterm could be a very even trade, but for the certainty Edmonton gets they give up a very good young center in Gagner. A really tough trade to get behind, but it's hard to dismiss either. I think i would decline but it would be tough...

Old
06-19-2012, 07:04 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:

To Edmonton:
Zach Bogosian
Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:
Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
1st Overall 2012

What do you think?
Not even close. Kane and Bogo are the only 2 Jets who have the potential for elite status at their positions, no way Jets trade them for a pick (lots of star potential but no guarantees) and 2 players who will never be elite level. You can make an argument for the 1st overall for Kane, though I wouldn't take it. Gagner and Klefbom are no where near the neighborhood for Bogo.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Pittsburgh offers a signed Staal, Michalek, Tangradi, Bortuzzo and a 2012 2nd for Kane and Bogosian. You guys can also have Martin.
The op is offering a better deal, and it's probably a pipe dream offering a "signed" Staal.

1st overall>Staal

Klefbom>Michalek, this one is close but Klefbom's potential makes him more intriguing IMO, and Michalek's contract hurts his value a little.

Tangradi, Bortuzzo, 1st = Gagner, I think Gagner is clearly the best player with the best ceiling. The 1st is a late pick and Tangradi doesn't look like more than a 3rd liner. Bortuzzo looks like a very solid defenseman, but Winnipeg has a few decent prospects of their own bubbling under. Gagner i believe likely has much more value around the NHL than HFboards.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:08 AM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I'd say that its a bit of an overpayment from Edmonton, but may be worth it if it can accelerate the rebuild. Personally i wouldn't trade Yakupov for Kane, but Kane may be a slightly better fit making it more palatable. Bogosian for Klefbom longterm could be a very even trade, but for the certainty Edmonton gets they give up a very good young center in Gagner. A really tough trade to get behind, but it's hard to dismiss either. I think i would decline but it would be tough...
YOU might say that, but no one on our side would. That is a huge underpayment as far as Bogo is concerned.

LOL Klefbom for Bogo is going to be an even trade. Bogo was the best D on an NHL team this year. Let me know if Klefbom ever is.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:10 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:

To Edmonton:
Zach Bogosian
Evander Kane

To Winnipeg:
Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
1st Overall 2012

What do you think?

No thanks

Old
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
YOU might say that, but no one on our side would. That is a huge underpayment as far as Bogo is concerned.

LOL Klefbom for Bogo is going to be an even trade. Bogo was the best D on an NHL team this year. Let me know if Klefbom ever is.
Did you read what i wrote? I said longterm it could be even, right now it isn't which is why i deduced that part of the deal as being Klefbom+Gagner (+ even the difference in value from 1st to Kane) for Bogosian. C'mon i know you love flamming Oiler fans, but at least bother to read the comments you criticize. Klefbom is considered a blue chip prospect, and was an All star at the WJC's. In addition to this he was playing 20 minutes a night in the SEL playoffs, clearly he is a highend prospect.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:29 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
As an Oilers fan, I greatly disagree. We are asking for the 2 best players from the Jets, and are not giving up any of our 3 best (arguably the 1st could be counted in the 4 best).

If Bogo was changed to Buff, maybe they consider.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:34 AM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
As an Oilers fan, I greatly disagree. We are asking for the 2 best players from the Jets, and are not giving up any of our 3 best (arguably the 1st could be counted in the 4 best).

No we wouldn't.

I know he's not the greatest defensively, but Buff was tied for 2nd in the league scoring by defencemen this year.. in only 66 games. He has a higher price tag than most would be willing to pay.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:46 AM
TOGuy14

Terrible for Winnipeg

Old
06-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Nucks N Canes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Terrible for Winnipeg
So a 23 year old second line center and a first round pick from last year that isnt an all aroubd dman is worth the #1/2 dman of wpg? Wow oiler fans overrate Klefbom. I mean late first rounders dont have a 100% chance of success... Especially since he had 2 points last year in 33 games... In three years he "might" be in the NHL.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:06 AM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucks N Canes View Post
So a 23 year old second line center and a first round pick from last year that isnt an all aroubd dman is worth the #1/2 dman of wpg? Wow oiler fans overrate Klefbom. I mean late first rounders dont have a 100% chance of success... Especially since he had 2 points last year in 33 games... In three years he "might" be in the NHL.
I don't want to be rude, but how many games have you seen with Klefbom?Are you just looking at the stats?

I have watched Klefbom many times this season.

In SEL it's hard for young d-men to produce and even get ice-time. Considering Klefbom played that much as he did on one of the best SEL rosters is telling you this kid is something special. Look at Erik Karlsson in his last season in Frölunda; he played 45 games and had only 10 points. And he is extreamly offensive minded.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
denniscasa
Blues Bandwagon 2013

Quote:
Oh so Edmonton OVERPAYS in this deal. that's it I'm out

Old
06-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Aerial

We're not moving Bogo for that, no. Pick another D.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:56 AM
ducky

I love these trade proposals where one team (Edm) gets immensely better immediately and the other team (Jets) have the potential to be as good as they were in about 3 years.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:00 AM
joestevens29

I was pretty much willing to do 1st for Kane. I don't see Gagner and Klefbom being the value of Bogosian, but if it was then sign me up.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:01 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I love these trade proposals where one team (Edm) gets immensely better immediately and the other team (Jets) have the potential to be as good as they were in about 3 years.
In all fairness a lot of deals are that way. How often is a trade made where both teams end up being equal winners from day 1?

Old
06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Outside thought - overpayment by the Jets.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:05 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Take Gagner out and I'd be satisfied with this deal.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:05 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
I think the value in this proposal is fair.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:09 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post

imagine if every GM in the league saw almost every proposal as outragous....no player would ever get moved and the rosters would look roughly the same every year! i understand though Jet's fans being protective of Bogo, especially if he has started to finally develop, which it looks like he has. in Klefbom's defence, he probably needs another year in Sweden but will be given a chance to make the Oilers this fall. playing in a men's league at his young age can only help his development. after reading all that i have on him, there is at least a chance he can become our Bogo. it will take a few years before we can tell you if Klefbom ever is as good as Bogo is becoming. personally, i think that Shea Weber was better for Nashville than Bogo was for the Jets. just my opinion.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

in my honest opinion Edmonton overpays ...

Old
06-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post

A 1st overall selection is a better asset than 95% of the players in the NHL. The fact that we have 3 arguably more talented players doesn't diminish the fact that it's an enormously valued asset. On a lot of other teams Yakupov would be considered the best asset they have.

Klefbom is our best prospect, and is coming off a very good season. He's being touted as possibly being the next big thing in Sweden, and had a huge WJC making the All star team. If you take the time to lookover recent WJC All star dmen you will see a very impressive list. Klefbom is worth a top 10 pick given his draft slot last year and the subsequent progress he's made. Even at the time of the draft Klefbom was considered one of the prospects with the best tools, and a legitimate contender to become the one of/the premier defenseman from the draft. Klefbom is a huge price to pay.

Gagner produced at a rate that was bested by iirc all of 7 younger centers. 4 of those centers were the 1st taken in their draft year (Stamkos, Tavares, Seguin, Hopkins), and Seguin has played RW much more than C. The other 3 guys are Stepan (near identicle ppg on a vastly superior team, although 1 year younger), O'Reilly (an already premier 2way center), and Henrique (up for Calder, centered Kovalchuk and Parise). Honorable mention goes to fellow 07 draftee Logan Couture, who despite being drafted in the same year is nearly a year older. When you assess the context of his results, like the team he's played on for example, you see a player who has performed exceptionally well in comparison to his peers. When you add solid results with year to year improvments in crucial areas like defense, strength, speed, and faceoffs it should be apparent IMO that he has substantial value moving forward.

Basically it may not be our "3 best" but they are excellent pieces and would rate amoungst the best avaliable pieces if used in a bid to acquire a substantial player or two. To act as if the 1st overall isn't a very good base to make a deal for almost any player in the league is somewhat absurd IMO. When you add in a top young center, and one of the premier defense prospects in the world i don't think it's anything close to insulting. Realisticly Yakupov (you know that guy who broke Stamkos' record), not Kane or Bogosian, projects as the best player. It's not a sure thing that he'll be the best, but with Kane possibly forcing his way out this would have to be considered a reasonable risk.

In saying all this i'm not suggesting that Winnipeg is likely to trade Bogosian, or that it's even a good idea. I'm just commenting that value wise Edmonton is giving up alot.

Closed Thread