HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh - cgy - col

Old
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Calgary gets Stastny and Colorado gets Bouwmeester.

COL fans hate it, but the value is close. I don't see a reason for all these 3-way trades. From what I have seen from COL in the last year, Bouwemester is exactly what they need.

If COL could do better in a Stastny trade then good for them. But they need another top pairing dman, who is solid in his own end, and has experience. They have 3 great centers...something has to give.
So...you have not seen us at all...and no...nothing has to give. Contrary to popular belief its perfect ok to have three great centers.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:

COL fans hate it, but the value is close. I don't see a reason for all these 3-way trades. From what I have seen from COL in the last year, Bouwemester is exactly what they need.

If COL could do better in a Stastny trade then good for them. But they need another top pairing dman, who is solid in his own end, and has experience. They have 3 great centers...something has to give.
You all can keep telling yourselves that Jbo has similar value to Stastny, but it doesn't make it true. If you want to talk about a defenseman who is exactly what we need, it's Alzner.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

I agree that JBo would fit in nicely on Avs defense, but Avs can't afford to trade Stastny right now unless they're completely blown away by the offer. As much as I love O'Reilly he only had one good offensive season and Duchene had a bad year. Stastny can do it all, he's a lock for 20 goals, he was over 50 points even tough he played with sub-par linemates this past two years, he's good defensively and he's the most experianced center out of the Avs trio. And I'm sure they'll try to get a guy like Suter or Garrison first rather than trade Paul in division.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Mueller+Stastny+1st and 3rd for Green and Backlund?

I would rather have keep Stastny if that's the best the avs can get. Green is a 1 dimensional player that brings nothing to the table that the avs don't already have/coming up. Backlund isn't impressive when I've watched him play. Also I'd rather not give the caps another Yakupov.
But we GET Backlund!!!!!

Sure he hasn't proved much yet, but he IS very valuable and will probably be a lot better on another team. His value is pretty high. It's a wonder why flames fans don't want to keep him.

All of these stupid trade proposals for Stastny are NEVER started by Avs fans and when we respond that we don't want to trade him, in comes the "overpaid, overrated smear compaign". Bravo! If he's SO BAD, STOP MAKING PROPOSALS TO GET HIM ON YOUR TEAM!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Or as burke says, skins both teams. I'd suggest you watch burke's TVO interview where he details on why you cant screw people like this and still expect to be a GM. Flames666, you won a trade, congratulations. You will also never make a trade again.
Is there a link to this?

I've often wondered if a GM would acknowledge just how screwing other teams over would ruin their trade reputation.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:54 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I agree that JBo would fit in nicely on Avs defense, but Avs can't afford to trade Stastny right now unless they're completely blown away by the offer. As much as I love O'Reilly he only had one good offensive season and Duchene had a bad year. Stastny can do it all, he's a lock for 20 goals, he was over 50 points even tough he played with sub-par linemates this past two years, he's good defensively and he's the most experianced center out of the Avs trio. And I'm sure they'll try to get a guy like Suter or Garrison first rather than trade Paul in division.
Fair enough. Just seems to me like a trade that could really benefit the Avalanche. For CGY, not so much. We make a huge upgrade at center but create a huge hole on the backend. At this point though, finding a center is hard. It might be worth the risk to take a run at some of the quality defensmen in FA this year while fixing up our center problems.

We have so many holes to plug

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Robert Theodorson

Jay Bouwmeester is literally the last person in the NHL the Caps need to try to make another Cup run, or at least win the East.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Drij

I'd rather keep Stastny.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
This isn't the Green (or Stastny for that matter) of a couple years ago, he's been injury prone, hasn't produced, and his defense has always been somewhat questionable. If I'm not mistaken a lot of Cap fans want him traded with a first to move up in the draft...
his defense has not been questionable at all, the only reason caps fan would consider moving him is because we have carlson and orlov to replace him

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Bouwmeester is so unbelievably Overrated, guy isnt a Top pairing Dman.

And for thos saying Stastny is overrated, he put up 53 points and was 2 points back of the Top Avs point getter. The entire Avs roster lacked point producing last year. Its not Stastny its the new style of play from the Avs.

And for those wondering, Stastny still finished 26th among Centers in scoring, ahead of Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler, Jordan Staal. Even in what was an offseason for the Avs for points.

If you dont think Stastny is a #1 Center, WHY THE **** WOULD YOU WANT TO TRADE FOR HIM. Stop making it sound like he's a #2 center just so your trade looks more balanced, its not and it never will be.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Bouwmeester is so unbelievably Overrated, guy isnt a Top pairing Dman.

And for thos saying Stastny is overrated, he put up 53 points and was 2 points back of the Top Avs point getter. The entire Avs roster lacked point producing last year. Its not Stastny its the new style of play from the Avs.

And for those wondering, Stastny still finished 26th among Centers in scoring, ahead of Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler, Jordan Staal. Even in what was an offseason for the Avs for points.

If you dont think Stastny is a #1 Center, WHY THE **** WOULD YOU WANT TO TRADE FOR HIM. Stop making it sound like he's a #2 center just so your trade looks more balanced, its not and it never will be.
1) Bouwmeester is a top pairing dman who is overpaid. That's a fact.
2) I never said anything about Stastny being a #1 or #2, you put those words in my mouth.
3) I simply see a need for COL that Bouwmeester could fill. If the value is off, it's not by much, CGY can add pieces if need be. I simply feel something around Stastny and Bouwmeester fills holes for both teams.

4) calm down and change your shorts. I'm sure you shat all over yourself with how mad you're getting over something that is pure specualtion.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Drij

Quote:
2) I never said anything about Stastny being a #1 or #2, you put those words in my mouth.
3) I simply see a need for COL that Bouwmeester could fill. If the value is off, it's not by much, CGY can add pieces if need be. I simply feel something around Stastny and Bouwmeester fills holes for both teams.

4) calm down and change your shorts. I'm sure you shat all over yourself with how mad you're getting over something that is pure specualtion.
Trading Stastny creates a new hole at center for Colorado. This doesn't help them at all.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:56 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Agreed, Aves fans act like he is a god when really he is just an overpaid 2nd line center that is only capable of 50 points a season.
Well he is worth at least Bozak and a 5th, so it's not like this offer is even the best we could get for the useless bum...

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
shadow1

I think Mike Green would be a good fit with Colorado, and honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go after him. Even though Colorado could use a top pairing defenseman, adding Green to the decent group the Avalanche already have might be enough to jump start them into a playoff spot, assuming he makes more of an impact than he did in 2011-2012.

However, Paul Stastny, Peter Mueller, and 1st/3rd round draft picks is not the price of admission for Green's services, Mikael Backlund or no Mikael Backlund.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

1) Bouwmeester is not a top pairing Dman
2) Wasnt talking particularly to you, just Flames/Leafs fans in general, as both fan bases have proposed horrible trades for him, and then claimed he's not even a #1 Center. If he isnt, why do you want him?
3) Bouwmeester is even more overpaid then Stastny, and Stas's contract actually somewhat helps the Avs at this point, so a fairly significant piece would have to be added to Bouwmeester.

4) Clearly im talking to an 8 year old. Also its not speculation, Stastny its being traded, especially not to a divison rival. And certainly not without an overpayment, and Bouwmeester is the furthest thing from an Overpayment.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post

16 points in the last two seasons, yeah Peter Mueller is definitely who we need.....

I hope you see why your analysis was terrible. Green was injured most of last season. He wasn't in shape when he returned from surgery, so he lacked his explosive skating ability and conditioning. As the season progressed, he began looking better and better as he got closer to returning to game shape.
That was more a reply to Green being healthy. Him and Mueller seem to have had the same problem last year with health and conditioning. No doubt he can return to form in the future, but the gamble isn't worth this package.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

Bouwmeester is a top pairing defenseman the way Sam Gagner is a second line center. He fits the bill, but if he's playing that role on your team, you're not making the playoffs.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote