HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLV All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 07:10 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

vCash: 500
The Out of Town Thread part XLV All talk from around the league here

continue here

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit
Maybe that's why some are cold on Grigorenko.

Remparts last few picks all kinda busted Radulov,Esposito,Stefanovich
So much for Roy ability to pick and develop winners...

Old
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
So much for Roy ability to pick and develop winners...
how dare you talk **** about st-pat?

Old
06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Radulov leaving for Russia doesn't mean he's a bust. He's still a pretty good player... but with a ****** attitude. Roy looks like the only coach who was able to handle him so far.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Radulov leaving for Russia doesn't mean he's a bust. He's still a pretty good player... but with a ****** attitude. Roy looks like the only coach who was able to handle him so far.
Well he's only ever had one another coach in North America in his life (Trotz), if you exclude the handful of games he played in the AHL.

I don't even know if it's a question of his attitude. Not all players are made for the NHL, seems like he's one of them.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:55 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I still think he's going to come back in 2013 when he'll be able to choose his team.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:57 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I still think he's going to come back in 2013 when he'll be able to choose his team.
AFAIK he was going to be able to choose his team come June 25th? The qualifying offer day. He's just a guy who picks money first as his agent is probably recommending.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:01 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
AFAIK he was going to be able to choose his team come June 25th? The qualifying offer day. He's just a guy who picks money first as his agent is probably recommending.
Pro athletes often pick money 1st... it isn't a huge deal and doesn't say anything about an athlete's personality.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:02 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
But then why not wait for june 25th so there is a bidding war between NHL teams and the KHL? Why make the decision right away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74
Pro athletes often pick money 1st... it isn't a huge deal and doesn't say anything about an athlete's personality.
Very true as well.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:05 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
But then why not wait for june 25th so there is a bidding war between NHL teams and the KHL? Why make the decision right away?...
You should ask that to his agent. He's the one turning the switch off early. Maybe he knows he can get big offers from some KHL teams and is just using the possibility of a lockout as a pretext not to burn any bridges. I don't know and I find it weird myself.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Miller Time

Radulov bolting to the KHL shouldn't be much of a surprise...

he can make more money there than with any NHL team
Russian government/sponsors are ready/willing to spend to get the top russian hockey talent living and playing in russia ahead of sochi 2014. Endorsement opportunities alone could very well top whatever he makes with any teams.

not only is he going where the money is, but he's also going to be a hero over there, and don't think that many of the canadian/U.S stars in the NHL are every bit as aware/concerned about their hero status in the north american markets... elite sports breeds that kind of egotism.

2014-2015 season, I bet a bunch of talented players from Russia will be finding their way back into the NHL

Old
06-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

This would be a guy I'd definitely be interested in...would be a great fit with Plekanec and Gionta.

The Rangers are shopping Brandon Dubinsky "aggressively," according to a report on TEAM 1200, a sports radio station in Ottawa.
The 26-year-old is coming off an unimpressive season in which he tallied 10 goals and 34 points in the first year of a four-year deal that calls for a $4.2 million cap hit. Dubinsky has been involved in nearly every recent trade rumor -- most notably the ones involving Rick Nash -- as someone who has fallen into more of a third-line role on an improving squad. The Rangers are sure to target a big name this offseason, and even though they have just over $21 million in free cap space under the current limits, ridding themselves of Dubinsky's contract provides them a little more maneuverability.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
This would be a guy I'd definitely be interested in...would be a great fit with Plekanec and Gionta.

The Rangers are shopping Brandon Dubinsky "aggressively," according to a report on TEAM 1200, a sports radio station in Ottawa.
The 26-year-old is coming off an unimpressive season in which he tallied 10 goals and 34 points in the first year of a four-year deal that calls for a $4.2 million cap hit. Dubinsky has been involved in nearly every recent trade rumor -- most notably the ones involving Rick Nash -- as someone who has fallen into more of a third-line role on an improving squad. The Rangers are sure to target a big name this offseason, and even though they have just over $21 million in free cap space under the current limits, ridding themselves of Dubinsky's contract provides them a little more maneuverability.
We helped Sather enough already by taking Gomez off his hands.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:04 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Gomez for Dubinsky then?

Old
06-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Radulov bolting to the KHL shouldn't be much of a surprise...

he can make more money there than with any NHL team
Russian government/sponsors are ready/willing to spend to get the top russian hockey talent living and playing in russia ahead of sochi 2014. Endorsement opportunities alone could very well top whatever he makes with any teams.

not only is he going where the money is, but he's also going to be a hero over there, and don't think that many of the canadian/U.S stars in the NHL are every bit as aware/concerned about their hero status in the north american markets... elite sports breeds that kind of egotism.

2014-2015 season, I bet a bunch of talented players from Russia will be finding their way back into the NHL
I still think it's a ploy to pressure Nashville into lowering their price and driving up his price. We'll see within a few weeks...

Old
06-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't think you can compare Dubinsky to Gomez. At 4.2/year he is paid accordingly and is still in his prime at 26. As long as the price is reasonable I'd be very interested. I think he makes a very good 2nd line guy..usually scores 20, plays physical and plays both ends of the rink/on PK. Very solid all around player. A Dustin Brown type guy that you win with at playoff time.

He had a down year 77 GP 10-24-34 110 PIMs +16 but the two years before he went 146 GP 44-54-98 154 PIMs +6

Old
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think you can compare Dubinsky to Gomez. At 4.2/year he is paid accordingly and is still in his prime at 26. As long as the price is reasonable I'd be very interested. I think he makes a very good 2nd line guy..usually scores 20, plays physical and plays both ends of the rink/on PK. Very solid all around player. A Dustin Brown type guy that you win with at playoff time.

He had a down year 77 GP 10-24-34 110 PIMs +16 but the two years before he went 146 GP 44-54-98 154 PIMs +6
I really liked him before he signed that new contract, but sadly he isn't the same player he was before.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I really liked him before he signed that new contract, but sadly he isn't the same player he was before.
He's had one off year. I think that's too small a sample size to say a guy is a different player, plus he seemed to be banged up a lot this past year.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:54 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Ugh I ****ing HATE dubinsky. Sad excuse of a player. I would go and kick Bergevin's balls if he actually acquired him by any means.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Et le But

Dubinsky would be a good fit but he's hard to like and I really don't want to do anything to give the Rangers more cap space again.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Protest the Hero

A lot of talk about Chicago trying to move Hjalmarsson. I have no idea why they'd sign a guy like Oduya to that contract if it meant getting rid of Hjalmarsson, who I'd take in a heartbeat on the Habs. I think he can play the right side, which would be perfect, but if he can't, Gorges could probably move back over.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:06 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
A lot of talk about Chicago trying to move Hjalmarsson. I have no idea why they'd sign a guy like Oduya to that contract if it meant getting rid of Hjalmarsson, who I'd take in a heartbeat on the Habs. I think he can play the right side, which would be perfect, but if he can't, Gorges could probably move back over.
Bad blood after Hjalmarsson signed an offer sheet from the Sharks last summer?
Honestly no idea, but I wouldn't mind him on the Habs, cap hit at $3.5 M...

Old
06-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
Bad blood after Hjalmarsson signed an offer sheet from the Sharks last summer?
Honestly no idea, but I wouldn't mind him on the Habs, cap hit at $3.5 M...
3.5 per year isin't too bad but how many years does he have left? He would definitely improve our D core.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Bowman's kid isn't as smart as his dad was.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
3.5 per year isin't too bad but how many years does he have left? He would definitely improve our D core.
2 years left. It was actually two summers ago he signed a four year deal, when the Hawks had won the cup, somehow I completely forgot there was a team that won it last year...

Closed Thread