Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 04:00 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I think I read somewhere that all players Norfolk had go to Syracuse with the Tampa organisation. Could be wrong though.
Only the ones in the TBL system.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Adshockey06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Only the ones in the TBL system.
That is all of them. Even the players under "ahl" contracts are signed and paid by the lightning. Only a few teams left in the ahl sign and pay players anymore so most of the AHL signings you see are actually NHL controlled.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
So what kind of team is Norfolk? Who are the players we should know? Any type of information is appreciated.
I was going to ask you guys the same question lol.... the Ducks will have to provide all of the players.

From what I gather to this point and please correct me on any of these players if i am wrong, But this is who has a possibility of being in Norfolk to start the season. The Ducks will need to bring in a couple of Vet Dmen and at least one high scoring Forward. But there is a solid base of prospects to work with and Hopefully JDD will retire and we will also need a vet goalie. Honestly all the admiral fans who are upset over the lightning leaving shouldnt be. The ducks have probably got a deeper prospect pool right now and have some high end players coming into the system over the next couple of seasons.

Forwards

Patrick Maroon
Ryan Lasch
Peter Holland
Luca Caputi
Brandon McMillan
Emerson Etem
Josh Brittan
Matt Kenedy
Dan Sexton
John Mitchell
Riley Holzapfel
Rick Schofield
Max Friberg (staying in europe?)

Defense

Sami Vatanen
Kyle Cumiskey
Matt Clark
Tim Heed (staying in europe?)

Goalies

Igor Bobkov
Jeff Drouin-Delauries

Last edited by Adshockey06: 06-19-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adshockey06 View Post
From what I gather to this point and please correct me on any of these players if i am wrong, But this is who has a possibility of being in Norfolk to start the season. The Ducks will need to bring in a couple of Vet Dmen and at least one high scoring Forward. But there is a solid base of prospects to work with and Hopefully JDD will retire and we will also need a vet goalie. Honestly all the admiral fans who are upset over the lightning leaving shouldnt be. The ducks have probably got a deeper prospect pool right now and have some high end players coming into the system over the next couple of seasons.

Forwards
Patrick Maroon
Ryan Lasch
Peter Holland
Luca Caputi
Brandon McMillan
Etem Emerson
Josh Brittan
Matt Kenedy
Dan Sexton
John Mitchell
Riley Holzapfel
Rick Schofield

Defense
Sami Vatanen
Kyle Cumiskey
Matt Clark

Goalies
Igor Bobkov
Jeff Drouin-Delauries
Chris Wagner should make his pro debut out of Colgate. It looks pretty certain that Friberg is staying in Sweden for now. There are obviously a number of holes still to be filled. But between Etem and Vatanen I don't think the team will be hurting for scorers.

I'm not sure why you think JDD might retire, unless he has an injury I don't know about. He's 28.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:20 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
I was going to ask you guys the same question lol.... the Ducks will have to provide all of the players.

Forwards

Patrick Maroon
Ryan Lasch
Peter Holland
Luca Caputi
Brandon McMillan
Etem Emerson
Josh Brittan
Matt Kennedy
Dan Sexton
John Mitchell
Riley Holzapfel
Rick Schofield

Defense

Sami Vatanen
Kyle Cumiskey
Matt Clark

Goalies

Igor Bobkov
Jeff Drouin-Delauries
You listed most of the ones I can think of, and just fyi, its Emerson Etem, not vice versa . I'm not 100% on the contracts for some of this guys so I'm not sure if all we be back.

Two college prospects have signed and should play in the AHL. Forward Chris Wagner and D-man Andy Welinski.

I think I heard Friberg will play another year in Europe.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Exit Dose

I thought Wellinski was heading to Providence, next season.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:39 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Ok, I wasn't sure how this thing was going to play out. So it's the same teams but they basically just change arenas?

This team definitely needs some d-men. Only Vatanen, Clark and Guenin (two-way) are signed for the next season. These three could all see time with the Ducks, especially Vatanen who could take a full time job. Welinski is apparently coming as well but that defence needs few guys. I would like to see Smaby back atleast. Murray needs to sign one or two veterans.

Offence should be ok with Etem and Lasch coming.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Exit Dose

I can't find any information that says Wellinski has signed an ELC, you guys sure about that? The only news I can find is about him attending U-20 camp before he heads to Minnesota-Duluth.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Chris Wagner should make his pro debut out of Colgate. It looks pretty certain that Friberg is staying in Sweden for now. There are obviously a number of holes still to be filled. But between Etem and Vatanen I don't think the team will be hurting for scorers.

I'm not sure why you think JDD might retire, unless he has an injury I don't know about. He's 28.
Thanks I completely forgot wagner. I dont think they will be hurting for scoring either...Its just the best AHL teams are always four or five deep with good scoring options... although this looks like a team that will have alot of depth.

as for JDD he wont, he doesn't, its just my own wishful thinking. I dont dislike the guy...but come one he has been brutal the last few seasons.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
You listed most of the ones I can think of, and just fyi, its Emerson Etem, not vice versa . I'm not 100% on the contracts for some of this guys so I'm not sure if all we be back.

Two college prospects have signed and should play in the AHL. Forward Chris Wagner and D-man Andy Welinski.

I think I heard Friberg will play another year in Europe.
Lol...thanks on Etem... I was doing what i could remember off the top off the top of my head... didnt proof read obviously...

I only listed guys who are under contract or RFA ... granted some may not get qualified. Sorry for the mistakes i am probably not the best person to be guessing the roster right now. Still trying to cram everything i can into my head on the Ducks system

Last edited by Adshockey06: 06-19-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 08:45 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I can't find any information that says Wellinski has signed an ELC, you guys sure about that? The only news I can find is about him attending U-20 camp before he heads to Minnesota-Duluth.
You might be right, I feel like I remember hearing him sign but that might have been someone else.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Adshockey06

Yeah after looking up wellinski he has not signed as of yet... Plus are you sure he would come out already? I dont know how the ducks operate but It seems most kids who commit to colleges dont stay for just one season.

Here is what it looks like in lines.. I like the forwards we should have... I would still like one more scoring forward to push Caputi down to the third line.. but thats being picky

Maroon - Holland - Sexton
Caputi - Lasch - Etem
Mitchell -Holzapfel - Kennedy
Brittian - McMillan - Wagner
Schofield

Vattanen - Cumiskey
Clark - Guenin

Bobkov / JDD

Last edited by Adshockey06: 06-20-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Force951

Quote:
Yeah after looking up wellinski he has not signed as of yet... Plus are you sure he would come out already? I dont know how the ducks operate but It seems most kids who commit to colleges dont stay for just one season.

Here is what it looks like in lines.. I like the forwards we should have... I would still like one more scoring forward to push Caputi down to the third line.. but thats being picky

Caputi - Lasch - Etem
Brittian - Schofield - Wagner

Vattanen - Cumiskey
Clark -

Bobkov / JDD
Carle is a RFA so he will likely be back as well.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
parrosfan16

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Carle is a RFA so he will likely be back as well.
I thought he signed in the KHL.....

Old
06-19-2012, 10:41 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Carle signed in the KHL, he was terrible anyways, you can add Guenin to the D.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Force951

oops didn't see that, i was just going off of capgeek.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
oops didn't see that, i was just going off of capgeek.
If you click on a player on cap geek they will usually show the next seasons projected team...Only way you can tell if RFA's have signed overseas on that site.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Carle signed in the KHL, he was terrible anyways, you can add Guenin to the D.
Any chance the ducks carry him as the seventh D man next season?

Old
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Force951

Quote:
Any chance the ducks carry him as the seventh D man next season?
Decent chance they do, but also could sign a UFA to fill that role since Guenin was important leadership in syracuse last year.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
randyc

When

I am just ready for the official announcement.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Caputi - Lasch - Etem
Brittian - Schofield - Wagner

Vattanen - Cumiskey
Clark - Guenin

Bobkov / JDD
Vatanen and Cumiskey shouldn't play on the same pair unless it's powerplay. Also McMillan definitely has a spot in that forward group. Otherwise I think it's pretty ok. I wonder if they put Etem with Holland and Maroon, that line could do some serious damage .

Old
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
randyc

Nice

Like what I see in those lines. How many days to the first game?

Old
06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Vatanen and Cumiskey shouldn't play on the same pair unless it's powerplay. Also McMillan definitely has a spot in that forward group. Otherwise I think it's pretty ok. I wonder if they put Etem with Holland and Maroon, that line could do some serious damage .
I didn't intentionally leave out McMillan so thanks for catching that. I agree I dont think you will see Vatanen and Cumiskey on the same pairing...But there are not enough d men to make true pairings yet.

Also the lines arent based on what I think they will actually be. I just tried to line up everyone by natural position and in a realistic line formation. I think some of them will play out of position from where I have them listed.

Your right I think that may very well be the top line to start the year. With the current roster I would like to see Maroon/Holland/Etem and Lasch/Holzapfel/Sexton as the top two lines.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Carelton CA

Quote:
I didn't intentionally leave out McMillan so thanks for catching that. I agree I dont think you will see Vatanen and Cumiskey on the same pairing...But there are not enough d men to make true pairings yet.

Also the lines arent based on what I think they will actually be. I just tried to line up everyone by natural position and in a realistic line formation. I think some of them will play out of position from where I have them listed.

Your right I think that may very well be the top line to start the year. With the current roster I would like to see Maroon/Holland/Etem and Lasch/Holzapfel/Sexton as the top two lines.
Wagner is a center who had 51 points last year and was 6th in NCAA in scoring. Not a chance he is the 4th line right wing for the Admirals. Also are we sure that Rakell and Friberg can't play in the AHL next year?

Old
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Adshockey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
Wagner is a center who had 51 points last year and was 6th in NCAA in scoring. Not a chance he is the 4th line right wing for the Admirals. Also are we sure that Rakell and Friberg can't play in the AHL next year?
Wagner probably will be higher in the lineup , don't read too much into where the players are on the lines.. Its just for roster purposes to show what natural positions the players are. When the season is closer and we know what the roster will look like I will take a shot at guessing the opening lines....Like many others I assume.

Rakell has not been signed yet so I didnt even consider him and Friberg I believe (speculation) is staying in europe one more season. Both are eligible to play in the ahl.

Closed Thread