HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread X: Ventura costs Sox another

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 11:35 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Really? Is that what the Mavs did, the Heat, Lakers, Celtics? Non of those teams purposfully busted with great talent and hoped to win. You sign or trade for a player who can be the #2 to Roses #1 and go with that. This team was a healthy Derrick Rose from competing for a title.
Difference is all those teams either had 2-3 stars or were able to acquire them. There isn't enough out there in FA for the Bulls to get that and they don't have the assets to trade for one. You can't just say 'Oh, so and so didn't do it this way, why should someone else?' when the situations aren't remotely similar. It is essentially what the Thunder have done...built through the draft.

And they weren't getting by the Heat, so you can call that contending for a title all you want but the Bulls fans I know weren't going to be satisfied with that happening.

Doesn't matter to me though. For all care, Bulls can miss the playoffs and give the Hawks better ice for the 2013 Cup run!! (wishful thinking, I know)

Old
06-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Difference is all those teams either had 2-3 stars or were able to acquire them. There isn't enough out there in FA for the Bulls to get that and they don't have the assets to trade for one. You can't just say 'Oh, so and so didn't do it this way, why should someone else?' when the situations aren't remotely similar. It is essentially what the Thunder have done...built through the draft.

And they weren't getting by the Heat, so you can call that contending for a title all you want but the Bulls fans I know weren't going to be satisfied with that happening.

Doesn't matter to me though. For all care, Bulls can miss the playoffs and give the Hawks better ice for the 2013 Cup run!! (wishful thinking, I know)
Except all the players the Thunder drafted within a few years of each other, they didn't get good and suddenly tank. The Bulls have people to trade and can package in a bunch of future picks as well. But you don't take a team that is maybe 1 player from winning a Championship and rebuild, why don't the Hawks just rebuild, they aren't going to win now so trade them all and rebuild.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:13 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Except all the players the Thunder drafted within a few years of each other, they didn't get good and suddenly tank. The Bulls have people to trade and can package in a bunch of future picks as well. But you don't take a team that is maybe 1 player from winning a Championship and rebuild, why don't the Hawks just rebuild, they aren't going to win now so trade them all and rebuild.
But they aren't 1 player away from winning a title next season because Rose is as good as out for the year. And I'm saying just blow it all up. I'm saying:

Trade Deng for a lotto pick which
1) gets you similar production from a younger player, thus extending the window you have to win when Rose returns
AND
2) Saves you like $8-9M in cap space

Then you play next year out with the lotto pick, Noah, Boozer, etc and see where it takes you. If the team is terrible, big woop, you get another lotto pick and you're back and ready to go with a healthy rose in 13-14. If they're decent and make the playoffs and maybe you get Rose back for a playoff run, that's good too.

And you can't compare this to the Hawks because basketball doesn't work like hockey, and I know you're smart enough to know that. This is a league were 1 or 2 players can take you from the cellar to the top, where hockey is much more of a team sport.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:02 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
But they aren't 1 player away from winning a title next season because Rose is as good as out for the year. And I'm saying just blow it all up. I'm saying:

Trade Deng for a lotto pick which
1) gets you similar production from a younger player, thus extending the window you have to win when Rose returns
AND
2) Saves you like $8-9M in cap space

Then you play next year out with the lotto pick, Noah, Boozer, etc and see where it takes you. If the team is terrible, big woop, you get another lotto pick and you're back and ready to go with a healthy rose in 13-14. If they're decent and make the playoffs and maybe you get Rose back for a playoff run, that's good too.

And you can't compare this to the Hawks because basketball doesn't work like hockey, and I know you're smart enough to know that. This is a league were 1 or 2 players can take you from the cellar to the top, where hockey is much more of a team sport.
It'd be one thing if this was a strong draft, but outside the top 3, it's sparce.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:02 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

2016 Bobcats unprotected pick is ours. I believe 2015 is only #1 protected.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Cullksinikers

That game tonight was too fun. Had a blast.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:13 AM
TwistedWrister90

i think the bulls could do a lot damage if they signed a shooter like ray allen and a big man like pau gasol. i don't really have a problem with boozer even with his defensive troubles, but i heard the celtics are probably getting rid of allen and/or garnett. and i could see gasol leaving la. i like rip, but i don't think he's in the future of the bulls

Old
06-19-2012, 02:16 AM
TwistedWrister90

PG rose
SG allen
SF deng
PF gasol or boozer
C noah

Old
06-19-2012, 07:02 AM
madgoat33

Big no to allen. too old at this point.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
If the Bulls want to realistically be a title contender while Rose is still around and in his prime, that's what they need to do: tank a year and get another stud. That's just how it is in the NBA.
Agreed. Next year is shot, if they can get a lotto pick this year and bust and get another one next year maybe they can rebuild in a hurry.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Really? Is that what the Mavs did, the Heat, Lakers, Celtics? Non of those teams purposfully busted with great talent and hoped to win. You sign or trade for a player who can be the #2 to Roses #1 and go with that. This team was a healthy Derrick Rose from competing for a title.
Thats exactly what the Heat did. After winning the title they got eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round the next season....the year after that they won 15 games and got the #2 pick. The Celtics tanked in 06 (sat Paul Pierce the last few months of the season) which landed them the #4 pick which they then traded to get Ray Allen and won the title the next year. The Spurs tanked in 96 and sat Robinson so they landed the top pick and got Tim Duncan, won their first Finals 2 years later.

Its what smart teams do. With Rose out, their best course of action is to tank and try to win big.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:21 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Whewwweeee Sox got spanked by the Cubs last night.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Who do the Bulls have to trade? Plus they don't have a bunch of future picks to trade, they have Charlottes pick which is valuable then a bunch of late 1st round picks which have little to no trade value.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Thats exactly what the Heat did. After winning the title they got eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round the next season....the year after that they won 15 games and got the #2 pick. The Celtics tanked in 06 (sat Paul Pierce the last few months of the season) which landed them the #4 pick which they then traded to get Ray Allen and won the title the next year. The Spurs tanked in 96 and sat Robinson so they landed the top pick and got Tim Duncan, won their first Finals 2 years later.

Its what smart teams do. With Rose out, their best course of action is to tank and try to win big.
What your talking about are teams who didn't play well not tanked, neither of those teams where as close as the Bulls are. Plus how did the pick work out for the Heat?
Beasley became a head of a nobody and was traded for nothing.

The drafts the next few years are going to suck minus 1-2 players, if you don't get them then your screwed, plus even if you do get one of the top 3 picks there is no guarantee that those guys become anything. Look at the #1 pick in the NBA when half the time even the #1 pick doesn't ban out to be anything special it's not a risk worth taking.

Plus by the time if and when he did accomplish anything the rest of this team has left and now we are complaining why the Bulls don't have any depth help for their stars. The Bulls can win now and you strike while the iron is hot, because if you start to lose on purpose no guarantee you can stop and no guarantee your star players put up with it. Rose may see that happening and decide he won't be part of a team that loses on purpose and demands a trade.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Whewwweeee Sox got spanked by the Cubs last night.
Problem is the Cubs probably filled a three game quota full of runs in one night. Probably get shut out tonight!

Old
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Problem is the Cubs probably filled a three game quota full of runs in one night. Probably get shut out tonight!
It's Peavy, we'll score 9 on him then get complete game shutout by Floyd.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
What your talking about are teams who didn't play well not tanked, neither of those teams where as close as the Bulls are. Plus how did the pick work out for the Heat?

The drafts the next few years are going to suck minus 1-2 players, if you don't get them then your screwed, plus even if you do get one of the top 3 picks there is no guarantee that those guys become anything. Look at the #1 pick in the NBA when half the time even the #1 pick doesn't ban out to be anything special it's not a risk worth taking.

Plus by the time if and when he did accomplish anything the rest of this team has left and now we are complaining why the Bulls don't have any depth help for their stars. The Bulls can win now and you strike while the iron is hot, because if you start to lose on purpose no guarantee you can stop and no guarantee your star players put up with it. Rose may see that happening and decide he won't be part of a team that loses on purpose and demands a trade.
You're totally missing out on the fact that Rose is gonna be hurt all of next year. Him being gone is a great enough excuse for them to suck. They aren't gonna suck on purpose, they'll suck cuz their best player is out...

Old
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

You have no idea how the next few years drafts are going to be. 2 years ago no one had heard of Anthony Davis, he was a 6'2 unranked shooting guard at a small Chicago prep school. Plus every year there are players picked 3-10 that are way better pro's than people think.

The #2 pick didn't work out for the Heat, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a good plan. They could have just as easily ended up with Derrick Rose.

The Bulls can't win now, to think they can is just delusional. They certainly can't win next year and they are going to start losing players due to the cap and luxury tax. This is a poorly constructed team that has reached its ceiling.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
You have no idea how the next few years drafts are going to be. 2 years ago no one had heard of Anthony Davis, he was a 6'2 unranked shooting guard at a small Chicago prep school. Plus every year there are players picked 3-10 that are way better pro's than people think.

The #2 pick didn't work out for the Heat, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a good plan. They could have just as easily ended up with Derrick Rose.

The Bulls can't win now, to think they can is just delusional. They certainly can't win next year and they are going to start losing players due to the cap and luxury tax. This is a poorly constructed team that has reached its ceiling.
Right finishing with the best record in the NBA the last two seasons, they clearly can't win what was I thinking.

Jesus, I love this, tank on purpose, and lose your core and hope to God you can luck out in the draft and get a player and if you don't now your stuck with nothing and you have wasted Rose's entire career, brilliant strategy.

Clearly this team sucks, Deng is an All-Star, Boozer and Noah are double-double machines, they have the best bench in the NBA and all play good defense. But I forgot the only way to win was the have all the superstars and no role players right? That is why the Heat beat the living hell out of the Mavs last year, because the Mavs only had the 1 susperstar, what where those guys thinking, keeping Dirk and not just blowing the team up, idiots.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Right finishing with the best record in the NBA the last two seasons, they clearly can't win what was I thinking.

Jesus, I love this, tank on purpose, and lose your core and hope to God you can luck out in the draft and get a player and if you don't now your stuck with nothing and you have wasted Rose's entire career, brilliant strategy.

Clearly this team sucks, Deng is an All-Star, Boozer and Noah are double-double machines, they have the best bench in the NBA and all play good defense. But I forgot the only way to win was the have all the superstars and no role players right? That is why the Heat beat the living hell out of the Mavs last year, because the Mavs only had the 1 susperstar, what where those guys thinking, keeping Dirk and not just blowing the team up, idiots.
Let me know when they raise the banners for getting the #1 seed for the playoffs....maybe I'll catch the parade on TV. Without Rose they lost to the 8 seed which shows you how poor the core is. And guess what, they won't have Rose for most, if not all of next season.

Deng was an all star last year, he's far from what many consider an all star. The guy can't create his own shot. He's an above average player and thats about all.

Boozer is terrible and Noah and Boozer both found themselves on the bench at the end of games last season....thats $28 mil on the bench at the end of games.

Also the Bulls had the best bench. When Brewer, Watson, and Korver are let go and all the Bulls have is $2.5 mil to spend in free agency, that bench advantage is going to dissapear. Hell they may end up losing Asik as well.

If you do dismantle the roster you aren't stuck with nothing as you said above, you'll have Rose and Noah and hopefully Taj and cap space to help you try to get an actual difference maker which you don't have right now.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:34 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Let me know when they raise the banners for getting the #1 seed for the playoffs....maybe I'll catch the parade on TV. Without Rose they lost to the 8 seed which shows you how poor the core is. And guess what, they won't have Rose for most, if not all of next season.

Deng was an all star last year, he's far from what many consider an all star. The guy can't create his own shot. He's an above average player and thats about all.

Boozer is terrible and Noah and Boozer both found themselves on the bench at the end of games last season....thats $28 mil on the bench at the end of games.

Also the Bulls had the best bench. When Brewer, Watson, and Korver are let go and all the Bulls have is $2.5 mil to spend in free agency, that bench advantage is going to dissapear. Hell they may end up losing Asik as well.

If you do dismantle the roster you aren't stuck with nothing as you said above, you'll have Rose and Noah and hopefully Taj and cap space to help you try to get an actual difference maker which you don't have right now.
You're right. People don't generally think of Deng as a prototypical All-Star because he doesn't shoot 40 times a game and average 25 ppg. Deng is a defensive leader that spreads the floor with superior jump shooting abilities. In no way is he just an above average player.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:50 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Stewart down, Axelrod up from AAA.

1 day too late, retards...should've had Axelrod go yesterday.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:

Great so Rose, star X, Noah and Taj with no bench is going to win what now?

Unless Star X is LeBron or Durant that team will win nothing.

The Heat have 3 stars and didn't win why? Because you need depth in the NBA, a star or two or even 3 isn't enough without guys who can come in and make a difference off the bench.

I ask again take Rose and Dirk off their teams what is the huge difference between last years Mavs and this years Bulls?

If the Bulls come back with the same roster and add a SG who can hit an open jumper this team can win.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:18 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Great so Rose, star X, Noah and Taj with no bench is going to win what now?

Unless Star X is LeBron or Durant that team will win nothing.

The Heat have 3 stars and didn't win why? Because you need depth in the NBA, a star or two or even 3 isn't enough without guys who can come in and make a difference off the bench.

I ask again take Rose and Dirk off their teams what is the huge difference between last years Mavs and this years Bulls?

If the Bulls come back with the same roster and add a SG who can hit an open jumper this team can win.
The heat dispatched us and our great depth easily in the ECF last year. They lost because their best player played like a smurf in the finals.

Quote:
Stewart down, Axelrod up from AAA.

1 day too late, retards...should've had Axelrod go yesterday.
still waiting for "humber dfa" or "humber put on waivers"

Old
06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post

still waiting for "humber dfa" or "humber put on waivers"
Don't imagine we'll see that, but maybe they'll give Axelrod some starts and stick Humber in long relief. Would rather see Axelrod get some starts and experience, and fail if it happens, than watch Humber not do a damn thing out there.

Closed Thread