HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Top 6 LW to the Kings

Old
06-19-2012, 01:22 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Penner is probably the best and most likely option that the Kings have.

It's not easy trying to get players to sign in LA. Not the big names anyway. The Rangers can play musical chairs every year with their choice of talent. The Flyers barely even have to try to get players to want to play there. Same with the Bruins. Parise won't be a King.

It sounds like Penner wants to stay. It sounds like the Kings would like him to stay. Obviously 7 goals in the regular season isn't going to cut it, but his career average is around 22. Nobody saw 7 goals for him going into the season.

Other than maybe someone like Whitney, and only because he already signed pretty far west in Phoenix, the Kings aren't going to do better than Penner. The Kings emptied the shelves for Penner, Richards, and Carter. There isn't a whole lot left to trade right now. Scuderi isn't being traded. Bernier isn't bringing back a top 6 forward. Again, Parise isn't happening. Sign Penner, and see what happens with the Cup in your back pocket.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:05 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Paajarvi for Bernier
Hmmm, now this interests me. Not 100% sure I would do it, but it's a real good proposal.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Henrik To Daniel

So you guys will gladly trade your best goalie prospect for for a guy who had 2 goals this year and won't trade an aging Scuderi for Mason Raymond?

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

I'd give Tyler Kennedy and Tangradi to get Scuds back. Probably not enough, but if Tangradi can get his ass in gear on LA, their considerable size advantage gets even more pronounced. Tangradi throws people like dolls in board battles.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
So you guys will gladly trade your best goalie prospect for for a guy who had 2 goals this year and won't trade an aging Scuderi for Mason Raymond?
Yep. It's not like Bernier's stats are anything to write home about either. It's a simple prospect for prospect swap. They could both benefit from a change of scenery. Anyway, it's not like we need Bernier. We have this guy named Jonathan Quick. Maybe you've heard of him.

We have no need for Raymond, and have no interest in trading Scuderi. It's that simple.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:33 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
1) Trading Scuderi would open a hole that would be REALLY hard to fill.
2) Raymond does nothing for me. I'd prefer to re-sign Penner then trade an asset as valuable as Scuderi for Raymond.
3) Sure Paajarvi only had 2 goals in half a season with the Oilers, but he was only 20 years old, playing on one of the worst teams in the league, and needed to be developed further. On the Kings, he fills an organizational hole (developmental scoring left wing) and he would not be thrown into the fire and be allowed to develop.
4) The two trades are nothing alike.

So in short......YES!

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Hatter
Microagression King

LOLat Kings fans talking about trading Scuds and Voynov. Are you guys delusional?

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Hatter
Microagression King

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Assuming we sign Parise, then we obviously don't re-sign Penner or Stoll, this is how our lineup should look (If we re-sign Colin Fraser):

Parise-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Carter-Brown
King-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Cliche/Fraser-Nolan

This is a solid lineup
i really hate the idea that Richards and or Carter should be slotted as a third line center. one word: waste.
imho if you re-sign Stoll and Fraser and get Parise it looks more like this:

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Parise - Richards - Carter
Gagne - Stoll - Lewis
King - Fraser - Nolan
Clifford

Kopitar - Richards - Stoll - Fraser is just so damn solid down the middle.

all that said I still dont think that PArise signs here. Its a shame too because his signing would give him everything he says he is looking for; a team that can challenge for the cup year in and year out for quite some time. Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards, Carter, Parise, Gagne, Doughty, Mitchell, Quick.... Holy crimeny I couldn't build that team in NHL 12. lol

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
LOLat Kings fans talking about trading Scuds and Voynov. Are you guys delusional?
IMO Voynov will not be a dependable defensive top 4 in the NHL. His value right now is of a top 4 so if were going to trade anyone from our back end, yes I would pick Voynov as I think his value is as high as it will ever get.
Not sayign I would take any deal presented, it would have to be a good package or player coming to LA.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
IMO Voynov will not be a dependable defensive top 4 in the NHL. His value right now is of a top 4 so if were going to trade anyone from our back end, yes I would pick Voynov as I think his value is as high as it will ever get.
Not sayign I would take any deal presented, it would have to be a good package or player coming to LA.
I don't understand this. Voynov is going to be fine as a top 4 puck mover. He will need a solid stay-at-home defenseman to play with, but those can be found. He does have two more years with Willie Mitchell as his partner.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Looks like the summer heat is getting to some people's heads already.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote