HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM
PKC*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
We are not making a push for the cup next season Stylizer, it's a nice dream but that's what it is a dream. We are in the middle of a rebuilt so we're at least 3 to 4 years away from competing for the cup.
That's probably what Kings fans were saying before they unexpectedly traded for Mike Richards. You'd be surprised how similar our team compositions are.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
wilfred

The question I have is What makes a team a desirable place for a free agent to sign? What order do you think or what am I missing?

-Team(style and record/chance to win the cup)
-Coaches/Players
-Taxes %
-Weather/City

Would a players like Spezza/Nash make Ottawa a more attractive city for free agents to sign?

Old
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
HappyDude
Classless

Look guys. All we need to do is sign Weber, Suter, Parise, sell the farm for Nash, then we will be a cup contender.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
That's probably what Kings fans were saying before they unexpectedly traded for Mike Richards. You'd be surprised how similar our team compositions are.
I think LA was MUCH further along when they acquired Richards than we are right now.

Also: LA won that cup because of Jon Quick, NOT because of Mike Richards. If you want to make a case that we're a cup contender if we can acquire a goalie who can post a sub-1.50 GAA through four rounds of playoffs, I'm right there with you.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

What do you guys think of Matt Niskanen? Currently an RFA and declined his QO from pittsburgh.. who has a log-jam on D and may not be in their best interest to re-sign him to top dollar considering they are already paying Letang, Martin, Michalek etc over 3mil each.. and have some young talent ready to play. I think he'd be a perfect fit in our top 4 and he's the perfect age to move forward with our young group. We also have the money to give him a fairly good contract.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Look guys. All we need to do is sign Weber, Suter, Parise, sell the farm for Nash, then we will be a cup contender.
You'd bank our future on a goalie who has never won a series.... At any level?

Old
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Shero has stated that he expects to trade one or two defensemen during the off-season... I sure could use another Michalek brother on the team
Murray wanted him at that time, reports were out the player wanted on Team Michalek as well. Too bad Shero aims most likely at Martin and at one of their depth d-men

Old
06-19-2012, 02:50 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
What do you guys think of Matt Niskanen? Currently an RFA and declined his QO from pittsburgh.. who has a log-jam on D and may not be in their best interest to re-sign him to top dollar considering they are already paying Letang, Martin, Michalek etc over 3mil each.. and have some young talent ready to play. I think he'd be a perfect fit in our top 4 and he's the perfect age to move forward with our young group. We also have the money to give him a fairly good contract.
I think Niskanen was absolute ********* with Dallas, but really showed a different game completely with the Pens this year.

That being said, I'm sure the Pens just sent Niskanen a base Qualifying Offer simply to retain his rights, just like we'll be sending Karlsson a 1yr $1 mil QO with a note attached to it reading:
"Hey Erik, thought you'd find this offer funny. We'll be in touch next week about REAL numbers, good luck in Vegas.
Stay well,
Bryan"

I'd think that the Pens would exhaust every possible scenario that would see them dumping Martin's contract before entertaining the idea of moving Niskanen, though I've been wrong before.

Last edited by PatrickEaves: 06-19-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: profanity
Old
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
SNAPshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Bondra, Heatley, Gonchar, Hasek, Kovalev to an extent?
The only one we chased within their prime was Healtey and it worked out nicely, at least for a little while.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
pjfanman

Leaf fan coming in peace...never saw this posted but supposedly the Sens have made a fairly substantial offer for the services of Nash:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/06/19/...-hunt-for-nash

The Sens have built up enough assets to pull off a trade like this.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace...never saw this posted but supposedly the Sens have made a fairly substantial offer for the services of Nash:

It makes me so leery that that's coming from Don Brennan though. If that's the deal, I think the Sens (Murray) would do it tomorrow, but I have a hard time believing.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:

Thanks for this.

So the offer is apparently Nash for Foligno, Zibenejad, and Bishop. I would do that trade at this time.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Northern Neighbour

Probably need one more asset (draft pick, prospect) included in the deal to make it work. Zibanejad, Foligno, and Bishop is a good foundation to start negotiations.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:37 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

The quote from Brennan:
"For the just-turned 28-year-old Nash, it appears the Senators are prepared to trade 2011 first-round pick Mika Zibanejad, winger Nick Foligno and goalie Ben Bishop."

Two thoughts on this:
1) that is less than I thought it might take to get Nash.
2) this is a Brennan rumor we're talking about, so let's take it with a grain of salt.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

vCash: 50
You've all seen my opinions on Foligno, but that trade I'd do in a heartbeat.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
benjiv1

I would be pissed if we dealt Zibanejad for three reasons:

1. I think he is going to be a damn good player down the road.
2. Nash's cap-hit.
3. My Zibanejad heritage jersey hanging in the closet.

With that being said I love Rick Nash. And I guess I could replace Zibanejad with Silfverberg!

Old
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Iggy77

If Mike Richards went for 3 pieces (Simmonds, Schenn and a pick) Nash should get a similar return, maybe a little more.

We'd be doing them a HUGE favor taking on that contract.

We could maybe add our 1st and they add their 2nd or something like that.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I wouldn't move Zibanejad for Nash. Its typical HFboards overvaluing of propects but I just like Mika too much and think Nash is far too overpaid for what he can bring. And I fully realize that we have the cap space to fit him and still be competitive for a couple years before Michalek, Cowen and Spezza become free agents.

They can have Foligno and Bishop but they'd have to take a different prospect or prospects/picks.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:51 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I wouldn't move Zibanejad for Nash. Its typical HFboards overvaluing of propects but I just like Mika too much and think Nash is far too overpaid for what he can bring. And I fully realize that we have the cap space to fit him and still be competitive for a couple years before Michalek, Cowen and Spezza become free agents.

They can have Foligno and Bishop but they'd have to take a different prospect or prospects/picks.
Assuming that the info Brennan claims to have is accurate, I wonder if there's any way we can replace Zibanejad with our #15 overall this year, and make up the difference by adding a prospect?

Like,
Zibanejad our 1st rounder this year + Pageau
Foligno
Lehner

Old
06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
The quote from Brennan:
"For the just-turned 28-year-old Nash, it appears the Senators are prepared to trade 2011 first-round pick Mika Zibanejad, winger Nick Foligno and goalie Ben Bishop."

Two thoughts on this:
1) that is less than I thought it might take to get Nash.
2) this is a Brennan rumor we're talking about, so let's take it with a grain of salt.
My 1st thought is "That's it?" because if that's really all it'd take to get Nash, he'd already be an Ottawa Senator.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

I wouldn't move Zibanejad in a package for anyone.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Assuming that the info Brennan claims to have is accurate, I wonder if there's any way we can replace Zibanejad with our #15 overall this year, and make up the difference by adding a prospect?

Like,
Zibanejad our 1st rounder this year + Pageau
Foligno
Lehner
yeah, that i'd do

Old
06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
As I mentioned before, I think Zibanejad will be an amazing player and that the Sens don't want to deal him as well as Silfverberg. I think Silfverberg is a safer bet to be a better hockey player but those guys, I believe, are going to be our future on forward. That's why I could see Michalek in the deal to soften the blow of a lesser prospect or more than one good prospect. Example:

Foligno
1st
Stone
Bishop
Hoffman

For

Nash and 2nd rounder

An established top 6ish forward. 15th overall, top prospect, goaltender and level b prospect.

or

Michalek
1st
Bishop
Hoffman

For

Nash
2nd + 3rd.

Established top 6er with 30 goals on his resume. 15th overall, Bishop and level b prospect.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
NuxFan09

Didn't know where else to put this:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Don't know if OTT's Erik Karlsson will win Norris Trophy but he may have new contract in matter of days. Negotiations ongoing in Las Vegas.

Nothing earth shattering, but good to know that talks are indeed ongoing between Karlsson and the Senators. I'm really, really curious about Karlsson's new contract and how big it's going to be.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
SpezDispenser

You're not getting Nash without Zibanejad in there.

Closed Thread