HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Gudbranson to Pittsburgh

Old
06-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Carlzner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
1. Laughing at the Pens fans think Morrow or Depres is even close to Guds now, and think they have the same kind of upside. Cause they aren't at this point. The only way they become better is if Guds busts.
It's in almost every Pens thread on the Trade board.
I used to be annoyed by it, but now I just laugh.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Danger

Panthers fans seem a tad bit defensive.

Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:09 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
1. Laughing at the Pens fans think Morrow or Depres is even close to Guds now, and think they have the same kind of upside. Cause they aren't at this point. The only way they become better is if Guds busts.

2. Can some Panthers fans stop trying to deal away Kulikov. Because he wasnt that great in the playoffs some fans wanna trade him. It's so idiotic. He is not going anywhere, at least not for Staal. Kulikov is extremely underrated around here.

3. Bashing Gudbransson for a not so great season just shows the ignorance among some posters here. Seriously, he was 19/20 years old, most defensemen aren't even close to NHL at that point. And he played better at the end of the season and in the playoffs. His value is extremely high at this point, and I highly doubt Tallon would deal the first selection he did as a Panthers GM.
Sounds like you haven't ever seen Despres or Morrow play which isn't surprising. Despres would make the current Panthers team easy last year & Morrow would make it easy this year. Especially Morrow who is looking like an absolute steal.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Sounds like you haven't ever seen Despres or Morrow play which isn't surprising. Despres would make the current Panthers team easy last year & Morrow would make it easy this year. Especially Morrow who is looking like an absolute steal.
Soup-Garrison (maybe)
Kulikov-Weaver
Gudbranson-Jovo

Who do they beat out to easily make it? Not saying you're wrong, interested to hear who you think would be the odd man out. Erik wasnt going back to Kingston, and the rest of the guys are all solid defensively. Perhaps they would've rotated Guds more and moved Ellerby, but we have a good defense.

06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Soup-Garrison (maybe)
Kulikov-Weaver
Gudbranson-Jovo

Who do they beat out to easily make it? Not saying you're wrong, interested to hear who you think would be the odd man out. Erik wasnt going back to Kingston, and the rest of the guys are all solid defensively. Perhaps they would've rotated Guds more and moved Ellerby, but we have a good defense.
I think there is a decent chance that Despres could have beaten out Guds last season, is Jovo definitely coming back?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I think there is a decent chance that Despres could have beaten out Guds last season, is Jovo definitely coming back?
He gets over $4m a year and has a contract for another 3 years, I do not see him retiring. So yes he will be back, whether Panthers fans like it or not.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecrosby View Post
I 100% agree that hes one of the biggest pieces of the rebuild. Starts with the goalie (Markstrom), build a good D in front of him (Gudbranson, Kulikov, Ellerby), then add the forwards around them (too many to list). Thats why I said that its pointless to talk about it because 1) the Pens are logjammed at D and 2) the Panthers need Gudbranson too much

Like you mentioned, he took a while to adjust to the NHL pace. He also had some mental errors that should have easily been avoided. He did get better as the season progressed but they still popped up from time to time. There was a game towards the end of the season that he completely turned the wrong way and the other team had a breakaway and scored.

The physicality that Gudbranson brings is by far the best on the team. If he keeps maturing he will be one of the toughest dmen to play against in the entire league. He reminds me of a Phaneuf type player but actually Jlikes dropping the gloves against people (and is good at it too). The Panthers have very few physical players and Gudbranson's value is beyond what most teams would pay
The last sentence is what I was trying to say all along. Has nothing to do with Staal, but Erik's value to the Panthers. He's valued too highly here, and rightly so.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
He'll be back, no reason to retire. We'll not know the answer to that since theyre not on the same team pushing for a spot, but both players have plenty of promise.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
It's in almost every Pens thread on the Trade board.
I used to be annoyed by it, but now I just laugh.
did you even read the thread?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:33 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
As a Florida fan, i would take Kulikov over Gudbranson long-term. Gudbranson will be an absolute warrior ; a player you absolutely love having on your team. However, if you're looking for a potentially elite, one of the best in the NHL type defenseman, Kulikov stands more chance of being that player.

Whether Penguin fans like it or not, Gudbranson is a more valuable asset than Depres, and projects to be a better NHL player. Players like Gudbranson are things that teams covet.

My opinions on Staal waver. At times, you watch him and wonder why he isn't producing more. The majority of the time however i see a good responsible hockey player lacking high end abilities. I think Staal for Gudbranson is actually a relatively fair trade foundation, but Tallon probably isn't looking to relinquish Gudbranson anytime soon.

And yes, Florida fans are a defensive bunch .

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote