HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-pit-tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
  #26
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Not a chance.

Staal > 2012 1st
Gardiner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scraps

Change it to:

To Toronto:
2012 1st overall pick

To Edmonton:
2012 5th overall pick
Schenn
Staal(signed)
Tangradi
Michalek
(Martin)
To Pittsburgh:
Jordan Eberle
You're not making it any better.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:59 PM
  #27
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Dubinsky would be cheaper and is just as effective with all this hype Staal has, heck Gagner is capable of playing defence, dropping the mitts and accumulating more points than Staal.
So you are welcome to go ahead with either of those.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:02 PM
  #28
Celleyna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
So... Every team thinks their team gets ripped off in this trade?

lol...

Note to TO fans... I did say that an upgrade from Peckham to Gagner would be likely. Rumours have it that Gagner could fetch a top 10 pick this year. However, an upgrade to Gagner would cost you a 3rd round pick.

Pittsburgh fans... You will not get more than that for Staal. You just won't. The guy is a great second line center. You aren't going to get a star price for him, because he isn't a star player.

Edmonton fans... You are getting a pretty solid second line center (hole) and a potential top pairing d-man (note that there is no guarentee that gardiner turns into a top pairing guy). Yes, you give up the #1 pick... BUT if there is ever a time to use a #1 overall to fill some holes on a team... THIS is the perfect situation to do it.

Hall RNH Eberle
Hartikainen/PRV Staal Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Jones
Petrell Lander Eager
Hordichuck

Gardiner Whitney
Petry Schultz
Smid Potter/Fedun
Schultz

That is a pretty solid line up for next year.

Celleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:05 PM
  #29
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
Pittsburgh fans... You will not get more than that for Staal. You just won't. The guy is a great second line center. You aren't going to get a star price for him, because he isn't a star player.


Thanks for telling us. Everything above 5th + effing Omark would really be the price of a star player, I bet you could get Stamkos for that.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
  #30
Celleyna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post


Thanks for telling us. Everything above 5th + effing Omark would really be the price of a star player, I bet you could get Stamkos for that.

That isn't what I said. I did not put a price on a star player. I simply am reiterating that Staal, while a good player who I would like to have on my team, is not going to fetch a premium price. You are likely going to get quantity for quality type offers for him. Meaning you won't get back a player that has the same value, but you will be able to get back som players that can plug holes.

Omark is a high risk, high reward type player. Maybe EDM have to add a bit to sweetn the pot to make it an easier pill to swallow.

What about this tweak:

To Pittsburgh:
5th overall
Omark
Belanger (solid third line defensive center)


To Toronto:
1st overall
Gagner

To Edmonton
Staal (signed)
Gardiner
TO 3rd round pick

Celleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
  #31
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
That isn't what I said. I did not put a price on a star player. I simply am reiterating that Staal, while a good player who I would like to have on my team, is not going to fetch a premium price. You are likely going to get quantity for quality type offers for him. Meaning you won't get back a player that has the same value, but you will be able to get back som players that can plug holes.

Omark is a high risk, high reward type player. Maybe EDM have to add a bit to sweetn the pot to make it an easier pill to swallow.

What about this tweak:

To Pittsburgh:
5th overall
Omark
Belanger (solid third line defensive center)


To Toronto:
1st overall
Gagner

To Edmonton
Staal (signed)
Gardiner
TO 3rd round pick
Obviously I enjoyed a bit of hyperbole with the Stamkos. What you actually said was, that Pens could not get better than 5th+Omark, because Staal was not a star player. So I went with it, interpreting that you considered everything more than 5th+Omark the price for a star player, which I still think was very fair.

I agree that if we have to deal Staal we'd be very lucky to get one equal player back, it's not terribly likely. So instead it should be a package of assets equal to or slightly above Staal's value for a fair deal.
5th+Omark does not even come close to that. Not even just in pure value, even when disregarding that neither of those pieces fill a need for PIT.

Adding Belagner is not helping. AT ALL. You need to change the pieces to something Pens would actually want, not add more crap.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
  #32
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
adding Faulk would be overpayment.
Not really, just paying a steep price.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:29 PM
  #33
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
That isn't what I said. I did not put a price on a star player. I simply am reiterating that Staal, while a good player who I would like to have on my team, is not going to fetch a premium price. You are likely going to get quantity for quality type offers for him. Meaning you won't get back a player that has the same value, but you will be able to get back som players that can plug holes.

Omark is a high risk, high reward type player. Maybe EDM have to add a bit to sweetn the pot to make it an easier pill to swallow.

What about this tweak:

To Pittsburgh:
5th overall
Omark
Belanger (solid third line defensive center)


To Toronto:
1st overall
Gagner

To Edmonton
Staal (signed)
Gardiner
TO 3rd round pick
So in order to balance the fact that Pittsburgh gets absolutely nothing they need out of this deal, you'd add a player who can backfill Staal badly for a year at most and call it even.

Iow, you're proposing

To Pitt:
-old, beaten down 4th line grinder
-guy who can't crack the line-up on the league's worst team for the second year in a row
-defensive prospect Pittsburgh doesn't need

to Edmonton:
-60-65 point defense-first center who happens to be 23 years old, 6'6 and mobile.

You don't see the problem here?

Edit: In essence, here's what you're offering in reverse

To Edm: Tangradi, Adams, Harrington

To Pitt: Hall


Last edited by billybudd: 06-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.
billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
  #34
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Dubinsky would be cheaper and is just as effective with all this hype Staal has, heck Gagner is capable of playing defence, dropping the mitts and accumulating more points than Staal.
Dubinsky is much better as a winger than a centre.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
  #35
Celleyna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
So in order to balance the fact that Pittsburgh gets absolutely nothing they need out of this deal, you'd add a player who can backfill Staal badly for a year at most and call it even.

Iow, you're proposing

To Pitt:
-old, beaten down 4th line grinder
-guy who can't crack the line-up on the league's worst team for the second year in a row
-defensive prospect Pittsburgh doesn't need

to Edmonton:
-60-65 point defense-first center who happens to be 23 years old, 6'6 and mobile.

You don't see the problem here?

Edit: In essence, here's what you're offering in reverse

To Edm: Tangradi, Adams, Harrington

To Pitt: Hall

Sorry for the bump, but given pittsburghs return, I wonder if opinions of this proposal have changed.

Edited for typo

Celleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:41 PM
  #36
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
Sorry for the bump, but given pittsburghs return, I wonder if opinions of this proposal have changed.

Edited for typo
The 5th+Omark one? Not really. I consider both Sutter and Doumolin to be worth quite a bit more than Omark each and while the 5th is obviously a bit better than the 8th, Shero chose his guy with so much confidence over Forsberg and Co, that I have little doubt he'd have made the exact same choice three spots higher.

Besides, it really seems like Carolina was were Staal wanted to go and I would not have been very happy if Shero had disregarded that for honestly a pretty crappy return anyway.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:42 PM
  #37
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 500
8th overall + Sutter + Dumoulin >>>> 5th overall + Omark.

Nothing has changed. Stupid bump.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:44 PM
  #38
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Darn, I was really unsure about where the ou goes in Dumoulin. Wrong on the 50/50 chance again.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:04 PM
  #39
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Darn, I was really unsure about where the ou goes in Dumoulin. Wrong on the 50/50 chance again.
you'll learn some day

EDIT: I googled it.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.