HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane

Old
06-19-2012, 04:28 AM
ndgt10

vCash: 500
Bowman doesn't have the fortitude to move Kane. Don't worry Kane lovers.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
disagree.

If the Isles want to be contenders, getting a guy like Kane makes that happen...

I can easily see the Isles moving :

to Hawks : Okposo, Hamonic, and 2012 1st round pick (Hawks hopefully use it on Galchenyuk and solve our problems at center forever!)

to Isles : Patrick Kane and Dylan Olsen....throw in Frolik as well if the Isles can afford it as a favor to eat that contract for us

the trade works out for both teams as Okposo plays the style needed, we get Galchenyuk (though I guess its possible he could get snagged right before the pick) and Hamonic is a big upgrade over Olsen....

this deal would be accepted by the Hawks as it frees up needed cap space to land Suter or Parise, but makes us more balanced moving forward
I don't see Galchenyuk still being around at #4.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:36 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Bowman doesn't have the fortitude to move Kane. Don't worry Kane lovers.
I'd like to think that it's more a coefficient that he's not dumb enough to move Kane.

Seriously, Kane haters need a dose of reality here.....

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
tomcat24

It isn't about hating Kane. I like him a lot. He is a great player, but the makeup of the team isn't right. They need more balance and toughness up front. You can fill a few holes with trading him. I personally would rather move Hossa or Sharp but they won't bring back as much. We move 1 of then we still have 3 alll-star forwards. How many teams truly have that?

tomcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:36 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Kane is not on the trading block and if you want Kane, JT would have to come our way. Simple as that

why should we trade Kane and Olsen for that package? That would be stupid move
because Galchenyuk alone will be on par with Kane in a few years, now you get Okposo who helps out now on the wing and is a 20 goal scorer, Hamonic is a better dman then Olsen, and now we have legit cap space to be the highest bidder on either Parise or Suter...thats why the Hawks would do it imo...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:38 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't see Galchenyuk still being around at #4.
I agree, as they only make that trade if Galchenyuk is still there, if so I really cant see how any Hawks fan would not want this trade to happen

Galchenyuk, Okposo, and Hamonic

for Kane, Frolik and Olsen

Hawks have cap space and are the top bidder for Parise....

so the trade then looks like:

Parise, Galchenyuk, Okposo, and Hamonic

for Kane and Olsen

....landslide yes in my book...

Last edited by AmericanDream: 06-19-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old
06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

and by the way, I am not suggesting to trade Kane, I am just saying the Hawks and Isles make sense as trade partners for a move involving Kane.

Bowman and Snow are friends...

Kane is an upper New York boy

Isles need something asap to excite fans

Isles have plenty of younger guys to move plus that 4th overall pick

Hawks can free up cap space and land Suter or Parise without question now

the deal "could" make sense for both teams as it helps them each differently...plus Hamonic is going to be such a stud on the blueline, he is the perfect young guy to pry away from the Isles to make this deal happen...

this deal would happen only if Galchenyuk is still on the table as we finally get our #2 center, if not, then no point to make the deal imo

Old
06-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Sarava

Quote:
I agree, as they only make that trade if Galchenyuk is still there, if so I really cant see how any Hawks fan would not want this trade to happen

Galchenyuk, Okposo, and Hamonic

for Kane and Olsen

so the trade then looks like:

Parise, Galchenyuk, Okposo, and Hamonic

for Kane and Olsen

....landslide yes in my book...
I would rather have Huberdeau+ than Galchenyuk+...so *if* the Hawks wanted to go down this path, I'd rather they give Dale a call first and see if he would bite.

As for space for Parise - the Hawks need to be careful with thinking they have a chance at these big free agents. The Wings are desperate and have about 24 mil in cap space with 19 guys signed already. If they want to, they can offer Suter and Parise 9 mil each easily.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I would rather have Huberdeau+ than Galchenyuk+...so *if* the Hawks wanted to go down this path, I'd rather they give Dale a call first and see if he would bite.

As for space for Parise - the Hawks need to be careful with thinking they have a chance at these big free agents. The Wings are desperate and have about 24 mil in cap space with 19 guys signed already. If they want to, they can offer Suter and Parise 9 mil each easily.
again I agree with you on the cap space part as a deal like this needs a lot of things to go right or else we trade Kane away and do not sign another top free agent in return....the barn would go nuts if we couldnt sign Parise or Suter .My dea does hinge on a few factors but Bowman and co better be pretty damn sure that they can outbid most anyone for either of those guys if we move Kane....thats the only true way the deal will come out as a massive success.

as for the Wings I understand they have money to burn, but honestly I really dont think they are a top destination anymore for star players. The Wings are on a downswing and will be rebuilding much more then we have been these past 2 seasons...I simply cant see Parise or Suter leaving teams in better shape playoffs wise to go there.

I think the Hawks are a very attractive spot for either of these guys because this core is young, solid, and has underperformed....nothing over the hill going on here. You bring either Parise or Suter in and it sparks this club from top to bottom.

As for your top part with wanting to look at Florida first, I really dont like that at all. I may take heat for this, but I would take Galchenyuk over Huberdeau every day of the week, the kid is just a special talent, a Hossa at center, the kid is going to be a star if he can stay healthy,. Huberdeau is a great player no doubt about it, and would help us out a year quicker then Galchenyuk could, but I just dont think Kane for Huberdeau + is a better move then bringing back Okposo, Galchenyuk, and Hamonic....that is a pretty sick return if you ask me.....plus more cap room to land a Parise or Suter

Old
06-19-2012, 02:57 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Kane's marketing value to this organization is enough to keep him here.

I'd be devastated as a Hawks fan if they traded him. I want to see his multiple 90 point years and his 100 point season wearing the Indian Head.

There are other ways of making this team better without trading away our 23 year old, Calder winning, Stanley Cup winning, offensive dynamo of a RW.

For Okposo, 4th, and Hamonic? Give me a freaking break.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
because Galchenyuk alone will be on par with Kane in a few years, now you get Okposo who helps out now on the wing and is a 20 goal scorer, Hamonic is a better dman then Olsen, and now we have legit cap space to be the highest bidder on either Parise or Suter...thats why the Hawks would do it imo...
who says we get Parise? Why not just keep Kane until we actually signed Parise and trade him later?

Trade Kane for Hamonic + Okposo and a prospect would be stupid, simple as that.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:29 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
who says we get Parise? Why not just keep Kane until we actually signed Parise and trade him later?

Trade Kane for Hamonic + Okposo and a prospect would be stupid, simple as that.
there is no guarantee you get Parise, but the move opens up the available money to get him...

and I love Kane as much as the next person, but the guy has had 2 down years in a row, you get a package of Okposo, Hamonic, and the 4th overall pick, not some prospect, we are talking about a star center in Galchenyuk if still on the board...you make that deal if your the Hawks..

some people havent seen Galchenyuk play, but I have since his days with CYA, the dude is as legit as it gets talent wise....

I again would only be for this deal if we could get Parise or Suter, but the move opens up the money to really make an offer that would be on par with any other teams offer, and thats what matters...

Here is how the Hawks would look with making this move and signing Parise...

Parise - Toews - Okposo
Sharp - Galchenyuk - Hossa
Saad - Bolland - Stalberg
Bickell - Hayes - Carcillo
B. Smith/Mayers

Keith - Leddy
Seabrook - Oduya
Hjalmarsson - Hamonic
Montador

Crawford
Emery

that team looks freaken solid.....Galchenyuk would win rookie of the year playing with Sharp and Hossa

I am all in, trade Kane now!!!

Old
06-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
I haven't heard anything about Parise being interested in signing with the Hawks or the Hawks having interest in signing him. What I've been hearing is:

A.) From his own mouth he prefers to stay in NJ.
B.) Minnesota is prepared to throw a 13 year max type deal at him.
C.) LA is also pretty interested.

I've heard some speculation about possibly going after Suter, but that's probably contingent on dealing Hjalmarsson.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:39 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I haven't heard anything about Parise being interested in signing with the Hawks or the Hawks having interest in signing him. What I've been hearing is:

A.) From his own mouth he prefers to stay in NJ.
B.) Minnesota is prepared to throw a 13 year max type deal at him.
C.) LA is also pretty interested.

I've heard some speculation about possibly going after Suter, but that's probably contingent on dealing Hjalmarsson.
I said either Parise or Suter, either way its gravy to me...

I actually would prefer Suter as I think he helps us out more...

I honestly do not see a single top star going to Minny....dont care how much money they have to throw at these guys, Parise a homegrown boy would be nice for the Wild, but I just cant see any top player going there right now...maybe in 2 years when that young talent really turns it on, but they have some growing to do.

How are the Kings interested?? How can they even afford the guy? I am not doubting you, but I just cant see them being able to offer Parise a contract unless they really move some pieces this year..

Old
06-19-2012, 05:09 PM
massivegoonery

If Bowman trades Kane, it's going to be so he can remake this team in his own image. To that end, I would suggest Corey Perry as a possible target - Perry is the only player that looks sufficiently rat-like to fit the bill.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
If Bowman trades Kane, it's going to be so he can remake this team in his own image. To that end, I would suggest Corey Perry as a possible target - Perry is the only player that looks sufficiently rat-like to fit the bill.
I'd be all over that. It would be a great move for the Hawks. And I agree, Bowman has been hell bent on getting rid of Dale guys and bringing in his own.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
He also acts like a tool when he's out, so he'll be a fine replacement.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:23 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

It's not just a matter of if we can sign Parise or Suter, because signing them for too much or for too long is worse than not signing them at all. Rumors are the Wild are going to be offering Parise 9M+ a year for over 10 years. That's not something I'm willing to pay Parise, even if it is Parise. He's great, but he's not worth 9M + for the next 10 years.

Everyone says "Easy, sign Suter for 6.5 a year...". Every team in the league will try to get him for that, so why would he settle here when he'll get more elsewhere. He's going to go for more than 6.5, and it's easy to say let's sign him for whatever, but who knows how much it will have to be to get him and how long it will have to be to entice him.

So the trading with the Islanders in hopes that we sign one of these free agents is a horrible idea. Losing Kane and only receiving a future star back (if he pans out as a future star) is just trading a star for a future star. Those free agents will be expensive as they are the top 2 in the league this year and there are lots of teams that will be bidding and lots of teams with more cap space than us.

In other words, you're basically trading Kane and hoping that:

1. You get Galchenyuk
2. He turns into a star soon that produces at least as well as Kane
3. You sign Parise, Suter, or both
4. The contracts for Parise/Suter are not huge overpayments that we are stuck with for years and could cause us to not be able to sign good players down the road because we have no room

Seems like a stretch, and a horrible idea. Keep Kane over deal with that Isles trade posted above.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
I said either Parise or Suter, either way its gravy to me...

I actually would prefer Suter as I think he helps us out more...

I honestly do not see a single top star going to Minny....dont care how much money they have to throw at these guys, Parise a homegrown boy would be nice for the Wild, but I just cant see any top player going there right now...maybe in 2 years when that young talent really turns it on, but they have some growing to do.

How are the Kings interested?? How can they even afford the guy? I am not doubting you, but I just cant see them being able to offer Parise a contract unless they really move some pieces this year..
If the Cap gets raised to $70.3 million (reports suggest it might) the Kings will have enough space to sign him. They wouldn't have to move anyone immediately but Quick becomes a UFA next summer so eventually moves would have to be made.

As for Minnesota...money talks. I don't see many people turning down 13 years of 7-8 million per year. Improving team, hometown guy...it makes alot of sense. One GM has said in an article that I read is that no team is going to outbid the Wild for him.

I honestly don't see the Hawks signing either of the big two FA's. I could see a 2nd tier FA signing (my hope would be Jagr if he'd be able to play LW) or maybe a trade for a Dubinsky type 2nd line C.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Not the biggest Kane fan, but your not trading him unless you are getting something better in return....and your not.

Ryan or Nash for Kane is the only thing I would consider. And even then there has to be something more coming with them. You cant trade away advert monies like that. Nothing to do with his play on or off the ice. The kid is a brand here.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:32 PM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd be all over that. It would be a great move for the Hawks. And I agree, Bowman has been hell bent on getting rid of Dale guys and bringing in his own.
If this is the case then just get him out of here. The Hawks need to build around their core which consists of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith and Seabrook.

Bowman needs to stop hiding and make moves for a number 2C and another D guy that can handle responsibilities of the PK.

Trade for Dubinsky/Stall
Sign a D man that has prior experience with top 4 minutes??

GGGHawks18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
As for Minnesota...money talks. I don't see many people turning down 13 years of 7-8 million per year. Improving team, hometown guy...it makes alot of sense. One GM has said in an article that I read is that no team is going to outbid the Wild for him.
Last I read it was 10 years 90M, so 9M per if I remember correctly. Not 7-8 per.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
Well, Kane isn't off limits, otherwise there would be no speculation of trading him.

I wouldn't want to part with the 1st, but have absolutely no problem giving you okposo and whatever else you want. Nabakov? or do you trust in crawford?
What part of this are you not understanding? Kane for Tavares. Nothing else does it.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
McD: We've dealt with Kane

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/13292...rick-kane.html

Quote:
It was another public blemish in Kane’s young, promising career and another black eye for an organization dedicated to being successful year after year.

“There were discussions with Patrick, and he knows our stance on it,” McDonough told the Sun-Times in his first public comments on the subject after the NHL board of governors meetings Tuesday in Las Vegas. “We’re hoping, as we go forward, there’s fewer and fewer of these. But we addressed it internally, and we’ll leave it at that.”

General manager Stan Bowman is on record saying the organization was “disappointed” with how things carried out for Kane in Madison. The Sun-Times also reported in May that some within the organization suggested Kane seek help.

“Stan spoke pretty well [about it],” Wirtz told the Sun-Times in his first remarks. “We’ve dealt with it. It’s past us. It’s an internal issue. It’s not like he was arrested or anything. Would I have liked to see him in the photos? Of course not. I think the hockey folks dealt with it accordingly.”
So yeah, it's over and done with and he ain't going anywhere.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Sevanston

Originally read this thread title as "We've Dealt Kane", had a big WTF, then re-read the title.

Not really news. Bowman said as much when he was asked about it.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote