HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Snow Now!!! PART II

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 12:00 AM
periferal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
for the 1millionth time, it's NOT SHOPPING AT WALMART. There isn't an ehrhoff on the shelf with a price tag and you put him in the cart and the day is over!!! How many times does this have to be said??? In the end it's the players decision, unless Lombardi also had the power of brainwashing he isn't going to lure an ehrhoff here either. Why do people think that if a contract is offered and it is turned down it means Snow did something wrong? That's is the most amazingly dense thinking I have seen and a big reason why I continue to stare mouth wide open at some of the Snow haters. It's faulty broken logic...

Here's why Wang and Snow did something wrong with Ehrhoff...

Ehrhoff was offered essentially the same overall amount of money that Buffalo did. However here's why he signed with them and not the Isles..

Buffalo offered more money in the first few years of the deal.

If you read the reports around the Ehrhoff deal a year ago a few insiders basically said the Islanders were in denial or pulling a PR stunt to even try and get Ehrhoff with the back-loaded deal they offered him. The NHL, and most sports, have evolved into not necessarily how much money can the athlete get, but how quickly he can get it. Throw in the looming lockout and NHL players were looking to get as much green into their pockets before they might have to do another salary rollback like they did last CBA negotitaions.

I think if the Isles had offered Ehrhoff the same front-loaded deal Buffalo did he'd probably be an Islander today. However once they tried to push the money past this summer and into a time when they might have a new arena, there was no shot to get him.

I have no doubt that the old arena plays a part in FAs coming here, but in the case of the Ehrhoff deal this one falls 100% on Wang...and the scary thing is I wouldn't put it past him to stage the whole thing just to make it look like the arena was to blame before last summer's big vote.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:08 AM
LeapOnOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Here's why Wang and Snow did something wrong with Ehrhoff...

Ehrhoff was offered essentially the same overall amount of money that Buffalo did. However here's why he signed with them and not the Isles..

Buffalo offered more money in the first few years of the deal.

If you read the reports around the Ehrhoff deal a year ago a few insiders basically said the Islanders were in denial or pulling a PR stunt to even try and get Ehrhoff with the back-loaded deal they offered him. The NHL, and most sports, have evolved into not necessarily how much money can the athlete get, but how quickly he can get it. Throw in the looming lockout and NHL players were looking to get as much green into their pockets before they might have to do another salary rollback like they did last CBA negotitaions.

I have no doubt that the old arena plays a part in FAs coming here, but in the case of the Ehrhoff deal this one falls 100% on Wang...and the scary thing is I wouldn't put it past him to stage the whole thing just to make it look like the arena was to blame before last summer's big vote.
Exactly! We are in 100% agreement. It is all Wang's fault in the way he wanted the contract constructed and has nothing to do with Snow. To blame him is ludicrous. 90% of the garbage in this thread should be moved to a "Wang Must Go" forum in which I wouldn't say much. IT definitely doesn't belong here.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
for the 1millionth time, it's NOT SHOPPING AT WALMART. There isn't an ehrhoff on the shelf with a price tag and you put him in the cart and the day is over!!! How many times does this have to be said??? In the end it's the players decision, unless Lombardi also had the power of brainwashing he isn't going to lure an ehrhoff here either. Why do people think that if a contract is offered and it is turned down it means Snow did something wrong? That's is the most amazingly dense thinking I have seen and a big reason why I continue to stare mouth wide open at some of the Snow haters. It's faulty broken logic...
You just tottaly missed the point of oltimehockeys post. You and all the Snow cone lovers have been using the excuse that it's all "wangs" faults because he has handcuffed Snow. Oltimehockey proved in his post thats not the case.

You just missed the point yet again. Thank you, your helping make the anti snow posters points for them.
Keep if up I see you helped Pointed Stick make his point also.

For example, you and the MINORITY of the Snow cone lover posters who have been claiming in every thread about Snow that wang has "handcuffed" snow with no money to go out to spend on free agents. I hear comments from the pro Snow gang like this "wang is cheap he's not allowing snow to sign anyone". Thats BS.

Like OlTimeHockey said Was was Snow given the green light to sign Erhoff? Yes he was.

Did Snow say there were no restraints to sign other UFA players? Yes he did

You can even take Erhoff out of the picture if you want but the fact is Snow has stated to the media he has no "RESTRAINTS" to sign UFA's if he feels the need to.

These excuses from the Pro-Snow crew has got to stop, it's excuse after excuse. I dont want to ever hear Snow is "handcuffed" or that Wang is to cheap and wont allow Snow to go out and spend big money on a UFA.

Like I said Snow has stated to the media there were no restraints to sign UFA's.

He also was he given the green light to give erhoff a huge payday. Enough with the Snow is handcuffed crap he has stated he has no restraints to sign other UFA's and was given the ok to sign Erhoff to big money.

There is one excuse the pro Snow cant use anymore. I feel like the pro Snow guys grasp at straws to the point of defending Snow.

I'll say it again, you are so non objective regarding Snow that you are losing what ever credibility you have left on this site and you wont be taken seriously. Garth Snow can do no harm in your eyes, like I said earlier you would be Prasing or making excusses for Snow if he Traded Tavares for Avery. You would try to spin that off as something positive for Snow.
There is a reason why you are getting called out by numerous posters in this thread because your love and defence/excuses of Snow are bordering on the side of lunacy .

Last edited by Isles4ever82: 06-19-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 01:09 AM
LeapOnOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
You just tottaly missed the point of oltimehockeys post. You and all the Snow cone lovers have been using the excuse that it's all "wangs" faults because he has handcuffed Snow. Oltimehockey proved in his post thats not the case.

You just missed the point yet again. Thank you, your helping make the anti snow posters points for them.

For example, you and the MINORITY of the Snow cone lover posters who have been claiming in every thread about Snow that wang has "handcuffed" snow with no money to go out to spend on free agents. I hear comments from the pro Snow gang like this "wang is cheap he's not allowing snow to sign anyone". Thats BS.

Like OlTimeHockey said Was was Snow given the green light to sign Erhoff? Yes he was.

You can even take Erhoff out of the picture if you want but the fact is Snow has stated to the media he has no "RESTRAINTS" to sign UFA's if he feels the need to.

These excuses from the Pro-Snow crew has got to stop, it's excuse after excuse. I dont want to ever hear Snow is "handcuffed" or that Wang is to cheap and wont allow Snow to go out and spend big money on a UFA.

Like I said Snow has stated to the media there were no restraints to sign UFA's.

He also was he given the green light to give erhoff a huge payday. Enough with the Snow is handcuffed crap he has stated he has no restraints to sign other UFA's and was given the ok to sign Erhoff to big money.

There is one excuse the pro Snow cant use anymore. I feel like the pro Snow guys grasp at straws to the point of defending Snow.

I'll say it again, you are so non objective regarding Snow that you are losing what ever credibility you have left on this site and you wont be taken seriously. Garth Snow can do no harm in your eyes, like I said earlier you would be Prasing or making excusses for Snow if he Traded Tavares for Avery. You would try to spin that off as something positive for Snow.
There is a reason why you are getting called out by numerous posters in this thread because your love and defence/excuses of Snow are bordering on the side of lunacy .
Ok, barring you believe that Snow wouldn't purposely not talk bad about his owner to the press (naive as many Snow haters are), let's say that he didn't want to front load Ehrhoff's contract...

Dude was WAY over paid last season because of it. I call that being smart! He didn't put up enough numbers to warrant that pay anyway and you Snow bashers would just be cryassin' about him being overpaid. Admit it for once and be honest in this forum, it will feel good for you to do that.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:29 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

Quote:

I'm trying to be more neutral than supportive of Snow these days, but the amount of enjoyment you seem to be taking in adding a little hyperbole to how much another poster supports Snow doesn't do your end of the argument much good either.

Sure, both Wang AND Snow are likely wrong here, but since you know....we're all Islander fans, could you try to be a little less....."caustic"....to someone for nothing more than a difference in opinion? It doesn't do much good for credibility.

I'd rather not take a break from a board I've grown to dig and spend a fair about of time over the last several years just because people get catty and immature over a difference of opinion when neither freaking side has 100% percent of the truth.

Good blah-blah sir.

P.S.: Can't we all just....."be excellent to one another?" I'm NOT a mod, and I apologize if I'm overstepping the boundary of what a frequent poster should or shouldn't do, but we should be saving our vitriol for common enemies. NOT for making this board lame.

2nd P.S.: Take your time and think about what's bolded up top. Let's not "jump sharks."

Last edited by CanseiDeSerBreakcore: 06-19-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 07:16 AM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
Quote:

People against Snow just like to attack. You just said the same thing multiple times then attack people? Also, do you think Snow would come out and say that he isn't allowed to do anything because Wang told him? Of course not. People against Snow are so blinded and can't look at the facts. Wang is the head of this team. He affects EVERYTHING that happens. When you have a cheap owner who can't who wont spend a dime it makes the GM look bad. All the anti-Snow poster seem to want one thing and that is a quick fix? Don't you remember what happened last time we tried to have a quick fix? All of you people thing that trades and free agents grow on trees. It doesn't work that way.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:58 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

They are both to blame. Wang for being a cheap POS and Snow for not making the most of his budget. They are BOTH at fault.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Sparksrus3

Can one of you fans do a favor for another fan that is not very computer savvy .Please go on
You Tube and type in. Hitler is mad at the islanders. Then load it here if it is possible.I think it will bring us all closer together.the video is about 4 minutes.Thanks
Dan

Old
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
They are both to blame. Wang for being a cheap POS and Snow for not making the most of his budget. They are BOTH at fault.
Get out of here with logic, it doesn't belong in this thread!

Old
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
LAPPY13

The big screw-up by Snow on the Ehrhoff deal was after not being able to sign him there was no plan B or C! Snow than brings Staios in on a tryout and signs him. That was a total joke move.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
LongIslandCircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post
People against Snow just like to attack. You just said the same thing multiple times then attack people? Also, do you think Snow would come out and say that he isn't allowed to do anything because Wang told him? Of course not. People against Snow are so blinded and can't look at the facts. Wang is the head of this team. He affects EVERYTHING that happens. When you have a cheap owner who can't who wont spend a dime it makes the GM look bad. All the anti-Snow poster seem to want one thing and that is a quick fix? Don't you remember what happened last time we tried to have a quick fix? All of you people thing that trades and free agents grow on trees. It doesn't work that way.
1) Continuous lottery finishes, no measurable improvement in standings, important prospects taking steps back (Nino)

OR

2) "We have the best prospect pool in hockey", "Wang won't let Garth do anything", "We are building the only way possible: through the draft"

Which of those two options is based on facts?? Which is speculation and excuses?

I acknowledge Wang is putting in various constraints that Garth must meet.... I won't argue that. The thing that bothers me is Garth is not pushing back and finding ways to improve this hockey club. Yes, he cannot go and spend to the cap ceiling but he HAS to spend to the cap floor. Why not acquire a solid NHL player via trade rather than grabbing a Brian Rolston last minute. This emphasis on just accumulating picks and not supporting the young players already in the system is ludicrous. Get aggressive and show some leadership! Initiate a winning culture!

We currently have a country club atmosphere that apparently excused our entire failure of a season based on a few wins against Detroit and Philly. Do you really think this is the way to be successful??

Old
06-19-2012, 01:23 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPY13 View Post
The big screw-up by Snow on the Ehrhoff deal was after not being able to sign him there was no plan B or C! Snow than brings Staios in on a tryout and signs him. That was a total joke move.
What about reports that Snow never had intentions of signing Christian and that it was a PR move?

I've heard this from several people. That Snow likes to make Isles fans believe he's interested in top fish when he knows he can't sign them.

Look at what he did with Kovalchuk, he led Islanders fans on with no intention of ever making an offer. Who the f does something like that?

Old
06-19-2012, 01:41 PM
islesfan3991

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
What about reports that Snow never had intentions of signing Christian and that it was a PR move?

I've heard this from several people. That Snow likes to make Isles fans believe he's interested in top fish when he knows he can't sign them.

Look at what he did with Kovalchuk, he led Islanders fans on with no intention of ever making an offer. Who the f does something like that?
He made a trade for the the rights to negotiate with him. I'm pretty sure he was interested.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan3991 View Post
He made a trade for the the rights to negotiate with him. I'm pretty sure he was interested.
So you trade to aquire the rights to a player and you give him a max offer of 5 million per year? Knowing full well another team would offer more?

And surely, they did. I'm not sure Garth knows what he's doing, and this is part of the problem. I genuinely believe this is a GM who is still learning how to be a GM.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
bluechipbonzo

This thread is a joke.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
LAPPY13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post

I dont trust Wang/Snow so it is possible that it was a PR move!

Old
06-19-2012, 02:24 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
This thread is a joke.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
LAPPY13

We all know Snow has a very tough job but he should have know better than to think Christian Ehrhoff was going to take a back loaded contract from the Islanders. It was another black eye to the Islanders franchise and could have been avoided.

Islanders/Snow could have at least got Joe Corvo for a 4th round pick instead Boston made the trade. Snow gets old man Steve Staios.(ha ha, thats a joke move by snow)

Old
06-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Sparksrus3

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=ENVQ6Xpj7aI

Old
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post