HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr - dal

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Jamie Benn is just not being traded, and if he does, it'll be for far more than he's worth.

Great young player, ton of talent and potential, not Stamkos or Malkin, however Dallas isn't dealing him and would have to be blown away with an offer for them to even think about trading him.

And as a diehard Ranger fan, I'D LOVE Jamie Benn in a Ranger uniform.

For those of you who haven't seen him play, think of a smaller, faster version of Ryan Getzlaf, with a much better shot. Benn has one of the best shots in the league.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Wow, hyperbole much? Jesus.
Its not hyperbole. Watch more Stars games. Then look at the Stars depth at center now and the future.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:16 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Jamie Benn is just not being traded, and if he does, it'll be for far more than he's worth.

Great young player, ton of talent and potential, not Stamkos or Malkin, however Dallas isn't dealing him and would have to be blown away with an offer for them to even think about trading him.

And as a diehard Ranger fan, I'D LOVE Jamie Benn in a Ranger uniform.

For those of you who haven't seen him play, think of a smaller, faster version of Ryan Getzlaf, with a much better shot. Benn has one of the best shots in the league.
This^.

Would rather keep Anisimov, substitute Stepan, add reasonably more that can be agreed on, and then go for Benn that way.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Its not hyperbole. Watch more Stars games.
"one of the most untouchable players in the league."

Seriously?! Up there with Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and Lundqvist? And you're only basing this on POTENTIAL, seeing as he's never even broken 70 points. Or scored more than 26 goals. So it's all 'potential'.

It IS hyperbole.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
"one of the most untouchable players in the league."

Seriously?! Up there with Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and Lundqvist? And you're only basing this on POTENTIAL, seeing as he's never even broken 70 points. Or scored more than 26 goals. So it's all 'potential'.

It IS hyperbole.
How untouchable a player is has little to do with you going to NHL.com and looking at a stat sheet and more to do with how their team values them.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
How untouchable a player is has little to do with you going to NHL.com and looking at a stat sheet and more to do with how their team values them.
Honestly, he's NOT one of the most untouchable players in the league. You don't think Benn could be had for any of those players I listed in my previous post? And do you think that any of those teams would trade for Benn using those players? No.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Honestly, he's NOT one of the most untouchable players in the league. You don't think Benn could be had for any of those players I listed in my previous post? And do you think that any of those teams would trade for Benn using those players? No.
He is untouchable because his team will not trade him unless its for a completely unrealistic overpayment. Why is this so hard to understand?

Old
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
He is untouchable because his team will not trade him unless its for a completely unrealistic overpayment. Why is this so hard to understand?
Well, then it's an issue of definition. The only TRUE 'untouchables' in this league could not be had for ANY price. Jamie Benn could certainly be had for A price. I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Crosby, Stamkos or Malkin.

I just think the "untouchable" phrase gets thrown around too lightly around here. Especially when you say that he's "one of the most untouchable players in the league"

Old
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Well, then it's an issue of definition. The only TRUE 'untouchables' in this league could not be had for ANY price. Jamie Benn could certainly be had for A price. I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Crosby, Stamkos or Malkin.

I just think the "untouchable" phrase gets thrown around too lightly around here. Especially when you say that he's "one of the most untouchable players in the league"
Fair enough.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Rangers trade:
Brandon Dubinsky
Artem Anisimov
28th overall pick

Stars trade:
Jamie Benn

If the value's not right, fix it.

Benn fits perfectly with Richards and Gaborik, the Stars apparently like Dubinsky, and Anisimov was supposedly who they wanted for Richards at the deadline a few years back.

Stars could also package #28 with #13 and move up in the 1st round.

Thoughts?
I can't fix it without taking Benn out so I figured why bother.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:38 PM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
So in your bat****, extreme homer world where you know nothing about other team's players you scoff at a deal where you trade a young forward who is good for about 60 points a year for two young defensively excellent forwards who are good for 50 and 40 points respectively and a first? Massive overpayment by Rangers! No thanks. Keep him Sparky.
Defending OP's proposal?

The homerism runs deep in this one..

Old
06-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain9nyr View Post
Rangers trade:
Brandon Dubinsky
Artem Anisimov
28th overall pick

Stars trade:
Jamie Benn

If the value's not right, fix it.

Benn fits perfectly with Richards and Gaborik, the Stars apparently like Dubinsky, and Anisimov was supposedly who they wanted for Richards at the deadline a few years back.

Stars could also package #28 with #13 and move up in the 1st round.

Thoughts?
Value clearly isn't right, and that's been made very clear here from (almost) all sides.

Consider it "fixed".