HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa-Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 08:11 PM
EightyEightMPH

vCash: 500
Ottawa-Buffalo

To start, I know it's a proposal within a division, so the likelihood of it happening is low, however it kinda fun to play with:

Derek Roy
Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe
1st Round Draft Pick

Jason Spezza
Zenon Konopka
Jakob Silfverberg

Rationale for Ottawa:
With Alfredsson's status in limbo, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to start looking for a little depth and Buffalo seems to have a decent compliment. I personally believe Ottawa's run was a fluke last year and expecting similar (or greater) outputs from players like Milan Michalek or Nick Foligno could be a huge risk. The only downfall is that Roy is due for a contract.

Rationale for Buffalo:
It's no big secret that Buffalo needs a true number one center. With Hodgson in line for the 2nd line center duties, Spezza makes sense. Cap wise, frees up some space to a team that has money to spend. Adding a player like Konopka gives Buffalo a great face-off option for the penalty kill and a ton of grit that they don't really have. I originally Had Marcus Foligno slotted in here, but with Buffalo's lack of size, he'll be far more valuable to the Sabres than Gerbe at this time.

Any takers?

Old
06-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Dick Grayson

Ottawa flushes the phone down the toliet after listening to this.

Old
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Holy**** no. Wouldn't do Spezza for that package alone and you're adding Silfverberg.

Old
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

No. .

Old
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Clamshells

Ottawa packs up and leaves the earth to avoid the phone

Old
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Smitty26

gtfo....just, no. the sens wouldnt take that package for spezza alone. let alone adding in our best prospect who is probably better than half of the sabres roster.
please tell me your trolling, cause if your not you have possibly the worst concept of a trade and value.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Jonathan81

You must be kidding

Old
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyEightMPH View Post
To start, I know it's a proposal within a division, so the likelihood of it happening is low, however it kinda fun to play with:

Derek Roy
Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe
1st Round Draft Pick

Jason Spezza
Zenon Konopka
Jakob Silfverberg

Rationale for Ottawa:
With Alfredsson's status in limbo, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to start looking for a little depth and Buffalo seems to have a decent compliment. I personally believe Ottawa's run was a fluke last year and expecting similar (or greater) outputs from players like Milan Michalek or Nick Foligno could be a huge risk. The only downfall is that Roy is due for a contract.

Rationale for Buffalo:
It's no big secret that Buffalo needs a true number one center. With Hodgson in line for the 2nd line center duties, Spezza makes sense. Cap wise, frees up some space to a team that has money to spend. Adding a player like Konopka gives Buffalo a great face-off option for the penalty kill and a ton of grit that they don't really have. I originally Had Marcus Foligno slotted in here, but with Buffalo's lack of size, he'll be far more valuable to the Sabres than Gerbe at this time.

Any takers?
Not hard to tell which team you're a fan of...

Horrendousawfulterribadpuke for Ottawa.

On top of the insulting offer, he actually insulted our team (calling our run a 'fluke' : Excuse me, which team missed the playoffs, and which took the East's best team to 7 games again?), and said the 'only' downfall is Roy's need for a contract.

LOL

Old
static80

Quote:

Derek Roy
Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe
1st Round Draft Pick

Jason Spezza
Zenon Konopka
Jakob Silfverberg

Rationale for Ottawa:

Rationale for Buffalo:

Any takers?
Darcy Regier can't find the dotted line fast enough.........

Old
06-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

I wouldn't do that deal

Old
06-19-2012, 08:20 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
Ottawa flushes the phone down the toliet after listening to this.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think it's as horrible as some are suggesting..... but yeah.. bad deal for the Sens. No way they do it.

Old
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

How do we add depth exactly?

Old
h2owned

Maybe if Buffalo threw in Myers
Myers+Roy+1st for Spezza+rights to Kenopka

Old
06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Smitty26

any deal involving spezza starts with myers and ennis

Old
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Sureves

This sucks so badly I can't even speak.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:24 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Ottawa builds a time machine, goes back in time, and ***** slaps Alexander Graham Bell for inventing the telephone.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Ottawa builds a time machine, goes back in time, and ***** slaps Alexander Graham Bell for inventing the telephone.
Lmao

Old
06-19-2012, 08:26 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I don't think it's as horrible as some are suggesting..... but yeah.. bad deal for the Sens. No way they do it.
You're right, its not as horrible as some are suggesting... its far FAR worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owned View Post
Maybe if Buffalo threw in Myers
Myers+Roy+1st for Spezza+rights to Kenopka
Still no. We have a #1 D, we wouldn't need another one at the expense of one of the best centers in the game. Turris is great and all, but he is not a 1C, and Roy certainly isn't.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Yes it is. Its that bad.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:35 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:

Derek Roy
Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe
1st Round Draft Pick

Jason Spezza
Zenon Konopka
Jakob Silfverberg

Rationale for Ottawa:

Rationale for Buffalo:

Any takers?
I think you made some typos...Drew Stafford should probably be Pominville, and Gerbe should be Myers

Old
06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
ThrowInA2ndRounder

seriously...?

Old
06-19-2012, 08:38 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

nope. Spezza is not available, and if he were buffalo would be #26 on the list of teams we'd call.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:39 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Myers is worth more then Spezza.And Spezza has a grand total of ONE more 60 point season then Roy yet his cap hit is 3.0 million higher. Yes the OP isn't a good proposal but the Sabres package is a lot better then people are giving credit for, Stafford is a former 30 goal scorer. Gerbe is a great 3rd liner and a 1st is a 1st.Spezza is better then Roy, but let's not make it seem like Spezza has been so consistent, prior to this past year he had 57 points twice in a row.

Myers and Ennis for Spezza? Like I said I wouldn't trade Myers for Spezza.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Myers is worth more then Spezza.And Spezza has a grand total of ONE more 60 point season then Roy yet his cap hit is 3.0 million higher. Yes the OP isn't a good proposal but the Sabres package is a lot better then people are giving credit for, Stafford is a former 30 goal scorer. Gerbe is a great 3rd liner and a 1st is a 1st.Spezza is better then Roy, but let's not make it seem like Spezza has been so consistent, prior to this past year he had 57 points twice in a row.

Myers and Ennis for Spezza? Like I said I wouldn't trade Myers for Spezza.
Myers is good, but are you seriously valuing him higher than the 4th overall scorer league-wide? Reeks of homerism.

Closed Thread