HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp

Old
06-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24 View Post
I really didn't think one was necessary. Anyone who watched ND this year and Knows anything about hockey can see Danny is in no way the best player. Maybe 3rd or 4th.
You'd hope that people that comes with that kind of statement, would actually back it up with reasons and names of people that were ahead of him. Not that you are wrong or not, just that it would look more serious that way and not like you have an agenda or anything. I have watched a lot of games as well, surely not as much as you guys did, yet, if you dissect the whole lineup, and I know it's more than just stats, yet, this ND team was indeed ran by 1 line. We can't say that neither Dell or Eidsness deserve to be top 3. Dell had his ups and downs moments way more than never before. And Eidsness didn't play enough. I like the D's....but again, seems to me that most had really ups and downs seasons. I'm a big believer in Dillon Simpson. Not sure I'd have him top 3. I like Rowney as well, like his 2-way game...but top 3? So then comes down to the first line. Who made who? I'm a BIG Knight fan. Big one. And believe that Nelson was not solely a product of his linemates. But CLEARLY Kristo was an initiator and not a product of. Yes, sometimes, he should pass more. He should be more aware of what's around him so he has some deficiencies but so the other 2. So frankly, you take those 3 and it could go either way. Not sure though that even if you have Kristo at #3 that it comes with a big margin that should make you laugh that hard if someboyd has him #1.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
FSH2003

That's 100% false. UND is ranked #3 pre season according to INCH and will be a more talented and deeper team than last year and its not even close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
UND had a better shot at a national championship last year than this coming year and Kristo knows it. I don't think Kristo is going to be any further ahead for his efforts this year at UND, and I think he knows that too. Hamilton might even have a better shot at the Calder than UND has at the national championship.

The obvious step forward was to sign his first pro contract, and move to a higher level after his successful campaign this year. For whatever reason he's not taking it.

FSH2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSH2003 View Post
That's 100% false. UND is ranked #3 pre season according to INCH and will be a more talented and deeper team than last year and its not even close.
Who will be in net for sure? Who will be replacing Nelson timely goals? Grimaldi? Blood had his ups and downs, yet he is still a big piece. And then, how many more "might" not come back? Are we sure that this is the lineup that you'd be getting? I guess I'm underrating them, but I would not expect them to be as good as they were last year. We'll see about that I guess.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSH2003 View Post
Thank you very much, we already had the conversation.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:37 AM
baldrick

So what is happening? Player critiques?

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Who will be in net for sure? Who will be replacing Nelson timely goals? Grimaldi? Blood had his ups and downs, yet he is still a big piece. And then, how many more "might" not come back? Are we sure that this is the lineup that you'd be getting? I guess I'm underrating them, but I would not expect them to be as good as they were last year. We'll see about that I guess.
I assume Dell will be back in net and hopefully this time around they can stay healthy. If Dell is back to form and they stay healthy I would expect them to be better this season then last. Nick Mattson had a great Freshman year along with MacMillan so I'm counting on those guys to be even better, not sure what they will get from the other MacMillan. I'm expecting big things from Kristo again, he's got to me more consistent this year. With Knight, Forbort, Dillon Simpson, Carter Rowney, Derek Rodwell, Michael Parks, Andrew MacWilliam plus we'll see what Rocco Grimaldi can do. Plus they have a great coach so we'll see, personally I didn't think they could do what they did last year by winning the WCHA championship, so I don't want to underrate them this year if they can stay healthy.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:35 PM
sb24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You'd hope that people that comes with that kind of statement, would actually back it up with reasons and names of people that were ahead of him. Not that you are wrong or not, just that it would look more serious that way and not like you have an agenda or anything. I have watched a lot of games as well, surely not as much as you guys did, yet, if you dissect the whole lineup, and I know it's more than just stats, yet, this ND team was indeed ran by 1 line. We can't say that neither Dell or Eidsness deserve to be top 3. Dell had his ups and downs moments way more than never before. And Eidsness didn't play enough. I like the D's....but again, seems to me that most had really ups and downs seasons. I'm a big believer in Dillon Simpson. Not sure I'd have him top 3. I like Rowney as well, like his 2-way game...but top 3? So then comes down to the first line. Who made who? I'm a BIG Knight fan. Big one. And believe that Nelson was not solely a product of his linemates. But CLEARLY Kristo was an initiator and not a product of. Yes, sometimes, he should pass more. He should be more aware of what's around him so he has some deficiencies but so the other 2. So frankly, you take those 3 and it could go either way. Not sure though that even if you have Kristo at #3 that it comes with a big margin that should make you laugh that hard if someboyd has him #1.
After watching Kristo for the last 3 years I have come to the conclusion that he doesn't know how to play hockey. He is no doubt a superb athlete. But he appears to have clue where his line mates are or him simply doesn't care. I don't know how many time they would be cycling the puck only for it to get to him and he wont make the last pass. He just tries to force his way to the net all the time. Resulting in him turning the puck over. That being said, No doubt he is a talented offensive player. Then you get the constant fits and complaining to the refs about everything. His defensive play is by far the worst of anyone on his line.

Nelson and Knight play hockey the right way and if they had one more guy on that line that was willing to do the same, it would have only lead to more production/more time attacking. Nelson was the most defensively sound forward on the line, maybe team. he was always the 1st forward into the D zone and most of the time the last one out. Yet was able to out score kristo.

For my money its:
Nelson
Blood
knight
Kristo

sb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24 View Post
After watching Kristo for the last 3 years I have come to the conclusion that he doesn't know how to play hockey. He is no doubt a superb athlete. But he appears to have clue where his line mates are or him simply doesn't care. I don't know how many time they would be cycling the puck only for it to get to him and he wont make the last pass. He just tries to force his way to the net all the time. Resulting in him turning the puck over. That being said, No doubt he is a talented offensive player. Then you get the constant fits and complaining to the refs about everything. His defensive play is by far the worst of anyone on his line.

Nelson and Knight play hockey the right way and if they had one more guy on that line that was willing to do the same, it would have only lead to more production/more time attacking. Nelson was the most defensively sound forward on the line, maybe team. he was always the 1st forward into the D zone and most of the time the last one out. Yet was able to out score kristo.

For my money its:
Nelson
Blood
knight
Kristo
Kristo is still the best prospect on the team.

Though not a huge Kristo fan personally, I get the sense he's a bit of a popcorn head. But he's still got scoring line potential in the NHL due to his skillset.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:28 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Kristo is still the best prospect on the team.

Though not a huge Kristo fan personally, I get the sense he's a bit of a popcorn head. But he's still got scoring line potential in the NHL due to his skillset.
The prospect of Jordan Schmaltz joining the team and having the puck half the game may have something to do with the ranking.Montreal should seriously consider drafting him and Nick his younger bro that 's a ND recruit for two yrs. from now.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote