HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part VII) - "GIVE US BOOBY RYAN!"

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Jacques Strap

vCash: 500
How about Dubinsky and Anisimov to Dallas for Jamie Benn and Dallas 1st. With the Dallas first, draft Grigorenko.

Old
06-19-2012, 08:59 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The problem I have with ryan is hes never carried a line, hes always been with getzlaf and perry. Should we be forced to stick him with richards and gaborik to accomodate him, we'll be becoming a one line team
I don't think he may need to carry a line either way because Richards and Gaborik carries the play on line one, and Stepan will develop into a Richards-lite so he most likely would do the heavy lifting.

GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
How about Dubinsky and Anisimov to Dallas for Jamie Benn and Dallas 1st. With the Dallas first, draft Grigorenko.
What? Oh, wait, I get it. It's a joke.

I like jokes.

No way in hell dallas would do that.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Theres no way dallas would do that. Maybe if we gave them our 1st and a prospect.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Jamie Benn would require McDonagh.

06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea there is absolutely no way in hell we get Jamie Benn.

You willing to part with McD and Krieder today?

Old
06-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Vitto79

out of the oldies who is more realistic? Whitney, Jagr, Doan, Smyth? Selanne looks back to the Ducks.....maybe Samuellson?

Old
06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Whitney.

It appears Doan is going to stay.

I'm sticking by my statement that Jagr and the Rangers are done (as much as it pains me)

Smyth is practically in love with Edmonton and don't see him leaving.

The only place Selanne could have conceivably went was Winnipeg. He's too comfortable in anaheim.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Anisimov, Dubinsky, Thomas, 1st = Ryan

Old
06-19-2012, 09:05 PM
lundy

It's gonna be Nash or Ryan or a trade for a guy that we weren't even thinking of that completely blows our mind.

Old
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Anisimov, Dubinsky, Thomas, 1st = Ryan
Get it done, Glen.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Hagelin isnt being traded. Neither is stepan.
Id trade Hagelin in a heartbeat if some team made the mistake of overvaluing him. People are going to be disappointed if they are counting on some sort of sustained offensive presence from Hagelin.

Stepan is someone that I'd think twice about.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Id trade Hagelin in a heartbeat if some team made the mistake of overvaluing him. People are going to be disappointed if they are counting on some sort of sustained offensive presence from Hagelin.

Stepan is someone that I'd think twice about.
Its not all about the numbers. Its the game hagelin plays. He outskates the majority of the nhl, therefore winning puck battles, sustaining pressure, and wearing teams down. His value pertaining to the rangers game plan is high to this organization.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Get it done, Glen.
Switch aa with step and they accept

Old
06-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Its not all about the numbers. Its the game hagelin plays. He outskates the majority of the nhl, therefore winning puck battles, sustaining pressure, and wearing teams down. His value pertaining to the rangers game plan is high to this organization.
We can't have everyone who plays the same way. We need someone who can create on their own for others and themselves. Nash Ryan both fit that

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Sorry as much as I'd love to have Bobby Ryan on this team stepan is my breaking point. He is one of the centers of the future and a born leader. I don't think I could stomach ever dealing him.

Old
Zil

Quote:
A north jersey newspaper reporter is your supporting evidence? C'mon man.
That's the website for The Record. You know, the paper Gross writes for.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
NikC

Quote:
I'm fine with complimentary scorers. We make it to the ECF for the first time in years, get eliminated and now people wet the bed and think we need to go out and make a big splash with a trade. We lost because we didn't have scoring depth in our BOTTOM 6. Guys like Whitney and Jagr can fill that void. Those two can still play.

I wish we could add Gaustad or Stoll and have Rupp as the extra but that won't happen.

If you can find a team that wants to trade a top 6 winger for multiple forwards to fill out a roster then deal AA and Dubi for that guy. Then you can sign Gaustad/Stoll to play 3c or 4c and take important faceoffs.

See what you can get at the deadline. I still feel it will be MSL
nah, if you convinced of this that's fine for you, but that's far from reality. Top six scoring was painful to watch in the postseason. if not for the Krieder call up, we would have been ousted in the first round.

It didn't help that the bottom six was worthless offensively, but the top six led the way in failure.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Again, the Ducks havr two major holes to fill. 2nd line center and they need to improve their below average defense on the blueline. The only reason for them to deal Ryan is to take care of one or both of these issues. NYR will NOT be trading Stepan, so we will have to supply them with the defensive defenseman the Ducks need.

Bobby Ryan is 24 years old and has scored 30 goals for four straight seasons. The Rangers will not win unless they score more goals, and they need more size. Ryan solves both of those issues, even if he is not a traditional power forward.

You have to give to get, and the Rangers have a perennial Vezina candidate in net, excellent defensive forwards and multiple string defenders on the blueline. You have to deal from strength. The Ducks don't need Del Zotto.

Staal or Girardi, Dubi or Anisimov, and a 1st or a solid if unspectacular prospect. Ryan would still be the most valuable player in the deal. They aren't dealing Ryan for a late first and two third liners.
The beauty of Ryan is that you can give him a cap friendly long term contract unlike Nash, who already has a long term cap killer.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:13 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Dubinsky & Hagelin are expendable. Maybe you don't give both away at this moment. Only because their replacements aren't quite ready. (Miller/Fasth)

Not everyone on this team is untouchable. You can't overvalue every single player.
I remember Dubinsky being untouchable 2 years ago. lol

If you want elite talent, you're going to have to give up something you don't want to.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Again, the Ducks havr two major holes to fill. 2nd line center and they need to improve their below average defense on the blueline. The only reason for them to deal Ryan is to take care of one or both of these issues. NYR will NOT be trading Stepan, so we will have to supply them with the defensive defenseman the Ducks need.

Bobby Ryan is 24 years old and has scored 30 goals for four straight seasons. The Rangers will not win unless they score more goals, and they need more size. Ryan solves both of those issues, even if he is not a traditional power forward.

You have to give to get, and the Rangers have a perennial Vezina candidate in net, excellent defensive forwards and multiple string defenders on the blueline. You have to deal from strength. The Ducks don't need Del Zotto.

Staal or Girardi, Dubi or Anisimov, and a 1st or a solid if unspectacular prospect. Ryan would still be the most valuable player in the deal. They aren't dealing Ryan for a late first and two third liners.
The beauty of Ryan is that you can give him a cap friendly long term contract unlike Nash, who already has a long term cap killer.
That's way too much to give up. Staal's value is right around Ryan's and Girardi's isn't far off. There's no way I give up either in a big package for Ryan.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
What? Oh, wait, I get it. It's a joke.

I like jokes.

No way in hell dallas would do that.

OK Joe Nieuwendyk!!! Why do you think it's a joke, because you're an NHL GM? Now that's a joke!!!

Dallas gets 2 good players for Benn and trades their 1st in a weak draft. We might have to add something else, but it's not a bad proposal. What's the joke Joe?

Old
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

Agreed. To be honest with you as much as it would hurt Anaheim needs a number 2 center and a top defensive defenseman.

I'd be ok with Anisimov/Dubinsky, Staal/Girardi (preferably staal since we're stronger on the left side) a 1st and a prospect. I always thought that would be the deal.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

I would trade stepan long before I trade girardi staal or mcd. Centers are easier to come by than shut down dmen

Old
06-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Im in general agreement, but I just dont think the defense is a true position of strength just yet. I'd feel a lot better about it if Sauer was healthy. But at this point, I cant foresee a defense without significant problems if one of Staal or Girardi go.

Closed Thread