HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

10,000 part XXX: Summer time, and the living is easy. But news is slow

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
  #26
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,524
vCash: 500
http://blog.sfgate.com/thebigevent/2...-the-bay-area/

Chron taking fan rankings of TV/radio sports announcers in Bay Area.

Rusanowsky, Hahn and Remenda make his top 12.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
  #27
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,471
vCash: 500
What a goal by Ibrahimovic.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 03:49 PM
  #28
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts
 
CrazedZooChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,734
vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
So, guess who just got hired to teach a summer session at Stanford University from July 15 - August 15
Neat, congrats USF! What are you teaching? How to get ladies while wearing a scarf?

CrazedZooChimp is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
  #29
Inub0i
I will Q
 
Inub0i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UC Irvine, Irvine
Country: United States
Posts: 8,614
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
I almost got roped into a pyramid scheme, but backed out in the final minute. Kinda feel stupid for nearly falling for it.

Inub0i is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 06:16 PM
  #30
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
I almost got roped into a pyramid scheme, but backed out in the final minute. Kinda feel stupid for nearly falling for it.
Job interview? I hate that crap, happened to me twice. I figured it out after about 10 minutes the first time and was PISSED. I had been rushing to get there (because I thought it was a real job interview) and had accidentally cut off a very large chuck of the skin off my knuckle while leaving the house. Instead of going to the ER to get it stitched, I went to this interview where this jerk was waiting to regale me with his idiotic pyramid scheme.

I probably would have punched him if my hand wasn't all bandaged up.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
  #31
Inub0i
I will Q
 
Inub0i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UC Irvine, Irvine
Country: United States
Posts: 8,614
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Job interview? I hate that crap, happened to me twice. I figured it out after about 10 minutes the first time and was PISSED. I had been rushing to get there (because I thought it was a real job interview) and had accidentally cut off a very large chuck of the skin off my knuckle while leaving the house. Instead of going to the ER to get it stitched, I went to this interview where this jerk was waiting to regale me with his idiotic pyramid scheme.

I probably would have punched him if my hand wasn't all bandaged up.
Yeah.

A job interview for being a "independent contractor" selling Cutco Knives, where we had to make a down payment of $145 before actually selling stuff. Cutco is expensive as hell; no one I know will buy those knives.

Inub0i is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
  #32
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Yayarea
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Yeah.

A job interview for being a "independent contractor" selling Cutco Knives, where we had to make a down payment of $145 before actually selling stuff. Cutco is expensive as hell; no one I know will buy those knives.
Ahh yes. Good ol' Cutco. They thrive on kids that just graduated high school. My little cousin actually did it last summer. Made a pretty good amount of money.

sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
  #33
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,875
vCash: 500
Oh man a friend didn't wrap it up and now he's a dad haha. But I'm the godfather so that's kinda cool I guess.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 09:33 PM
  #34
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
I almost got roped into a pyramid scheme, but backed out in the final minute. Kinda feel stupid for nearly falling for it.
Don't feel stupid. I went to one of those "job interviews" too. I figured it out quick enough but it sucked because I really needed a job. My wife was a stay at home mom with our 2 pre-school kids.

CupfortheSharks is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
  #35
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,061
vCash: 500
Is it possible for the Miami Heat to commit a foul?

Sure doesn't seem like it. God I hate the NBA

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 09:57 PM
  #36
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
Is it possible for the Miami Heat to commit a foul?

Sure doesn't seem like it. God I hate the NBA
Seriously. **** Miami. Though, OKC is notorious for blowing 10+ pt leads against them...

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
  #37
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,875
vCash: 500
Not looking forward to seeing Lebron win a ring.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 10:20 PM
  #38
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,471
vCash: 500
Nice job with the swearing, ABC.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
  #39
Lee Van Cleef*
 
Lee Van Cleef*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
What a goal by Ibrahimovic.


Awesome goal

Lee Van Cleef* is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 11:24 PM
  #40
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn
 
USF Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 20,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Neat, congrats USF! What are you teaching? How to get ladies while wearing a scarf?
TAing an intro to political theory course and am teaching an academic writing course.

And yes, I will teach the youth of America the wonders of the scarf!

__________________
"I hate books; they only teach us to talk about things we know nothing about."
-Jean Jacques Rousseau
USF Shark is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:27 AM
  #41
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
TAing an intro to political theory course and am teaching an academic writing course.

And yes, I will teach the youth of America the wonders of the scarf!
It's Stanford. There's already a ****load of scarves.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 02:16 AM
  #42
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,524
vCash: 500
http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-firefly-robf-180880/

The Avengers (an intro, ala Firefly)

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 02:19 AM
  #43
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-firefly-robf-180880/

The Avengers (an intro, ala Firefly)
Very nice, makes me want to watch Firefly again!

KirbyDots is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 02:22 AM
  #44
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,524
vCash: 500

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 11:36 AM
  #45
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Yayarea
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
My buddy has been working as part of the editorial staff on this for the last couple of years. Not sure how good it's going to be, but Charlie Day (Always Sunny) does a voice in it. Apparently he is hilarious. If MI2 is is a dud, that's three duds in a row for Pixar.

sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
  #46
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,780
vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
This looks awful ... and the original is what made me want to be an animator. What a shame ...

Nighthock is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:33 PM
  #47
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
My buddy has been working as part of the editorial staff on this for the last couple of years. Not sure how good it's going to be, but Charlie Day (Always Sunny) does a voice in it. Apparently he is hilarious. If MI2 is is a dud, that's three duds in a row for Pixar.
Yah it does look kind of meh. When you say 3 duds though, I'm not sure what you are referring to. While i wasn't a huge fan of Cars 2 (or Cars) it was still better than 90% of what non-pixar studio's put out and it made a TON of money.

Before that was Toy Story 3 which grossed over a BILLION dollars. It's one of the top-10 biggest earning movies of ALL TIME (8th). It was also nearly universally hailed as the best of the 3 and received an unheard of 99% Rotten Tomatoes score.

Before that was Up, my personal favorite Pixar film. Grossed over 700 million dollars and a 98% rotten tomatoes score. I also consider to have the most ambitious and well written first 10 minutes of any film ever made.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 01:30 PM
  #48
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

Before that was Up, my personal favorite Pixar film. Grossed over 700 million dollars and a 98% rotten tomatoes score. I also consider to have the most ambitious and well written first 10 minutes of any film ever made.
I still don't get how people liked Up. It just seemed really boring to me. Toy Story 3 though was pretty boss.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
  #49
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I still don't get how people liked Up. It just seemed really boring to me. Toy Story 3 though was pretty boss.
First 10 minutes = hardly any dialog, but there's a "familiar" story which many resonate with many who have lost a close family member.

Up is more of a drama about relationships than an action/adventure flick.

I can hardly think about the start of the film without tearing up.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
  #50
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I still don't get how people liked Up. It just seemed really boring to me. Toy Story 3 though was pretty boss.
I liked the beginning, it was really touching. The rest was boring though, just like any other cartoon. I like the parts when they develop stories but once those "adventures" start - ugh ...

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.