HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 09:01 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Just for fun, can anybody imagine a deal which gets us into the top 7 and doesn't take a player from the core?

Bernier, Lokti, Moller & a 1st to Toronto for #5? (Probably not - Kadri is their Lokti.)

And a technical Q. If we wanted to use #30 to trade up, could we strike a small deal with CBJ to give up their option in advance?
He is more like Schenn in their eyes.

Old
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I absolutely love Dumba too but we're not trading up for him. I think we trade back or stay at 30. Pierre McGuire has us taking a goalie lol (go figure - he must've forgot about Quick, Bernier, Jones, Zatkoff, Berube and Gibson). Oscar Dansk from Brynas

Old
06-19-2012, 10:00 PM
razzy

gonna be curious to see if Tambellini offers congrats to the Kings about the cup after making it so obvious him and DL detest each other.

Old
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I think DL and Tambellini are over their little beef

Old
06-19-2012, 10:33 PM
SKingsfan88

I think we should trade up if Grigorenko drops far enough.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

And a technical Q. If we wanted to use #30 to trade up, could we strike a small deal with CBJ to give up their option in advance?
No reason I can see why not, however I'd imagine Columbus would want a draft pick or something for that. I'd be surprised if DL does anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I absolutely love Dumba too but we're not trading up for him. I think we trade back or stay at 30. Pierre McGuire has us taking a goalie lol (go figure - he must've forgot about Quick, Bernier, Jones, Zatkoff, Berube and Gibson). Oscar Dansk from Brynas
Yeah, was ticked when i saw Pierre was picking for us, then just about lost it when he made that suggestion. And he implied Bernier was gone out the door too, but no clue as to where or when.

We have Quick who is still only 25, Bernier who is 24, just drafted a goalie with our top pick (albeit in round two) last year and have a solid prospect in Jones in the minors, not to mention Berube, but yeah, lets grab another goalie in round one. But he'll be the first one to jump down someone elses throat if they do something dumb.

He makes the draft so much less enjoyable to watch because you just KNOW he doesn't know much about any of these kids, especially outside of the top 5-10.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Yeah, was ticked when i saw Pierre was picking for us, then just about lost it when he made that suggestion. And he implied Bernier was gone out the door too, but no clue as to where or when.

We have Quick who is still only 25, Bernier who is 24, just drafted a goalie with our top pick (albeit in round two) last year and have a solid prospect in Jones in the minors, not to mention Berube, but yeah, lets grab another goalie in round one. But he'll be the first one to jump down someone elses throat if they do something dumb.

He makes the draft so much less enjoyable to watch because you just KNOW he doesn't know much about any of these kids, especially outside of the top 5-10.
Agreed 100%. Pierre McGuire is a joke lol, we need prospects on the wing, we're very deep at goaltending and defense (Forbort, Hickey, Deslauriers, Muzzin, Campbell). Outside of Toffoli and Vey, our wingers are very weak. Even at center we're pretty weak. Have to step up our prospect pool

Old
06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Pierre McGuire has us taking a goalie lol (go figure - he must've forgot about Quick, Bernier, Jones, Zatkoff, Berube and Gibson). Oscar Dansk from Brynas

1) Zatkoff probably will not be re-signed (UFA, IIRC)
2) Bernier probably will be traded sooner rather than later.
3) Gibson has looked significantly less than impressive since we drafted him.

It would not surprise me if DL took another goalie.

And for the record, Quick is 26 and Bernier turns 24 in August.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Hopefully we don't take a goalie. I am pretty happy with the pipeline as-is. They can pick one up in the later rounds or sign one, but we could really use another forward or defenseman in the pipeline.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
06-20-2012, 10:20 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
1) Zatkoff probably will not be re-signed (UFA, IIRC)
2) Bernier probably will be traded sooner rather than later.
3) Gibson has looked significantly less than impressive since we drafted him.

It would not surprise me if DL took another goalie.

And for the record, Quick is 26 and Bernier turns 24 in August.
I can see us taking another goalie too, but not with our first round pick (should Columbus not take it).

Btw, Bernier won't be traded until Quick can be locked in long-term I would imagine, which can't take place until July 1st at the earliest, so Bernier will still be in the picture on draft day. Gibson meanwhile had a pretty damn strong second half of the year and was solid in the playoffs in the Q.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:25 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I can see us taking another goalie too, but not with our first round pick (should Columbus not take it).

Btw, Bernier won't be traded until Quick can be locked in long-term I would imagine, which can't take place until July 1st at the earliest, so Bernier will still be in the picture on draft day. Gibson meanwhile had a pretty damn strong second half of the year and was solid in the playoffs in the Q.
Exactly lol, I literally have nothing else to add. Bernier is going to be used a bargaining chip in the Quick negotiations, so he won't be moved until we've got a new deal for Quick. It wouldn't surprise me if we took a goalie either, just not in the first round

Old
06-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Fishhead

Whoever we take at #211 is going to be a 20 goal scorer. Book it!

Old
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
pRisly

Kopitar is coming home:
http://24ur.com/sport/hokej/v-zivo-n...-na-brnik.html

Last edited by pRisly: 06-20-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old
06-20-2012, 05:14 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

With DL's track record in the 1st round is it bad that I'm hoping we trade 30th overall to a team like Washington, Carolina, or Nashville that has a glut of picks in hopes of being able to pick up a couple of choices in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?

Old
06-20-2012, 05:16 PM
palffytofrovlov

any one know if Kingvision will be in Pittsburgh doing interviews with Futa? or any of the scouts like they have in the past?

Old
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
With DL's track record in the 1st round is it bad that I'm hoping we trade 30th overall to a team like Washington, Carolina, or Nashville that has a glut of picks in hopes of being able to pick up a couple of choices in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?
It's not that bad.

Bernier, Lewis, Doughty, Teubert, and Schenn are all NHL'ers.

Hickey and Forbort are still to be determined.

And at 30, it's basically a 2nd rounder anyways and he's killed it in the 2nd.

Ryan is a for sure bust but Moller, Simmonds, Voynov, and Clifford are NHL'ers and Toffoli and Gibson look like solid bets.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:10 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Just for fun, can anybody imagine a deal which gets us into the top 7 and doesn't take a player from the core?

Bernier, Lokti, Moller & a 1st to Toronto for #5? (Probably not - Kadri is their Lokti.)

That's not enough for #5, Toronto will most likely get their Center they need badly with that pick.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
It's not that bad.

Bernier, Lewis, Doughty, Teubert, and Schenn are all NHL'ers.

Hickey and Forbort are still to be determined.

And at 30, it's basically a 2nd rounder anyways and he's killed it in the 2nd.

Ryan is a for sure bust but Moller, Simmonds, Voynov, and Clifford are NHL'ers and Toffoli and Gibson look like solid bets.
I'm not sold on Gibson, he just doesn't seem that impressive to me; I really hope he proves me wrong.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I hope we do trade down for multiple picks or even better, trade our pick for a pick next year

Old
06-20-2012, 10:52 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
I'm not sold on Gibson, he just doesn't seem that impressive to me; I really hope he proves me wrong.
Didn't he have solid numbers in the second half of the season and in the playoffs? Regardless, it takes time for a goaltender to develop, I'm sure he'll eventually be solid, have faith

Old
06-21-2012, 01:06 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Didn't he have solid numbers in the second half of the season and in the playoffs? Regardless, it takes time for a goaltender to develop, I'm sure he'll eventually be solid, have faith
Yes, but people I think have gotten spoiled in that a 2nd rounder actually needs time to develop. Gibson is a solid (very solid ) prospect but he's struggling with adapting to the game at a high level... He isn't going to be the next big thing, but he is a solid prspect that needs probably 2 or 3 years in the AHL before he'll be ready. He's every bit a Vesa Toskala instead of a Carey Price. But try to keep in mind What someone like Toskala got in trade...

Old
06-21-2012, 01:24 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Martinez was amazing in the playoffs. Very much forgotten because of Doughty's amazing playoffs and Voynov's struggles.

No way does Dean trade Martinez, the Kings have the perfect blend on defense right now and they are all signed for next season.
I agree. Plus if Penner stays, who's gonna teach him more Spanish for future speeches?

Old
06-21-2012, 01:31 AM
DaAnimal

if we get the 1st rd pick, go for a winger. It will be kind of nice to see a little change but **** who knows we might even get a G if no one is going to pick Subban lol

Old
06-21-2012, 08:43 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Exactly, Lombardi is definitely picking BPA here. Whatever falls to his lap, he might even trade him if he sees someone falling (like he did with Forbort, which I STILL disagree with!!! Wish we could've gotten Tarasenko or Etem). Oh well, we won the cup hahaha can't complain anymore >.<

Old
06-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
>.<

WTF does this mean?

Closed Thread