HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

GoB Presents: A Season Ending Video of the Team We Hate to Love

Old
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
The beginning made me feel bad for Ricky...He had such a bright future. Its easy to jump on his back and say retire etc...but that cant be easy. Easily all star material cut short by injuries. Id love nothing more then him to be successful with this team one day. He gave his entire career to us. We all forget in time but when he was first starting off he showed a huge commitment to all of us, we cant even sign a UFA shows you something about him. Kinda sad... Oh and ive been a situation where ive gotten paid but couldnt do my job in the Army after my shoulder surgery. All you want to do is help and be back collecting an easy paycheck is not a good of a feeling as some would think.
I hate the fact that everybody rags on Rick. He really dedicated his whole career to us and he was a great goalie. It's not his fault that he was picked #1. It's not his fault that he got injured so many times. It's not his fault that Wang wanted to give him a 15 yr contract. If you had $60 mil lying in front of you for the next 15 yrs, you'd take it too. The guy keeps coming back and trying to regain form because he is trying to fulfill his commitment to the team and to us, the fans. Unfortunately, it looks like his future hockey career is bleak. But, do we really have to hate the guy?

Also, thanks for serving our country!

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:08 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiguy21 View Post
I hate the fact that everybody rags on Rick. He really dedicated his whole career to us and he was a great goalie. It's not his fault that he was picked #1. It's not his fault that he got injured so many times. It's not his fault that Wang wanted to give him a 15 yr contract. If you had $60 mil lying in front of you for the next 15 yrs, you'd take it too. The guy keeps coming back and trying to regain form because he is trying to fulfill his commitment to the team and to us, the fans. Unfortunately, it looks like his future hockey career is bleak. But, do we really have to hate the guy?

Also, thanks for serving our country!
Yes it is. Nice bodybuilding regimen to negate any flexibility, put strain on every ligament and then try to play sizzling bacon through injuries.

Yes, Rick was his own worst enemy.

And yes, I sign a shorter deal after seeing everyone turn on Yashin. Peca saw that one coming when he took the five over the ten. (Wish our leading scorer did as well)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 12:52 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Yes it is. Nice bodybuilding regimen to negate any flexibility, put strain on every ligament and then try to play sizzling bacon through injuries.

Yes, Rick was his own worst enemy.

And yes, I sign a shorter deal after seeing everyone turn on Yashin. Peca saw that one coming when he took the five over the ten. (Wish our leading scorer did as well)
Was there anybody guiding him and telling him how to train?

If you are offered 5 yrs at 4.5 per yr or 15 years at the same price, both being guaranteed, you're going to sign the shorter deal?

Old
06-19-2012, 01:16 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWWallpaper View Post
Just give me your address and I'll stop by 2 or 3 times a week and kick you in the man bag...should suffice until the Isles get back to doing it by October.
I was going to say, my girlfriend has it under control.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Islanders1932

I miss Islanders hockey. Why? Idk. Do I expect great things next year? No. Do I have faith this team will improve this offeseaon? No. Yet I just want to watch them, no matter how bad. Plus, whats better then expecting bad and getting the great?

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:30 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
I miss Islanders hockey. Why? Idk. Do I expect great things next year? No. Do I have faith this team will improve this offeseaon? No. Yet I just want to watch them, no matter how bad. Plus, whats better then expecting bad and getting the great?
Isn't it the weirdest thing in the world? You just keep coming back and you don't know why. lol.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiguy21 View Post
Was there anybody guiding him and telling him how to train?

If you are offered 5 yrs at 4.5 per yr or 15 years at the same price, both being guaranteed, you're going to sign the shorter deal?
Who knows.

If I said a credible source told me Rick's training was guided by a guy Wang foun on Craigslist, WHO WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME?

Bottom line, IMHO.....Rick does what he wants. Rick was the prodigal child when he was still waffling on paying the dinner bill. Rick had headlines in feel good stories about how he was bulking up. Rick was reportedly getting HUGE with his weight regimen, going to batting practice. Does it matter who was helping him? This is a guy who went through HOW MANY GOALIE COACHES before Sudsie?

It's probably 100% air tight Rick's doing.

And I try and get the 8 year deal after seeing Yashin's stock dop due to his contract if I'm normal. Rick probably bought into his press billing and thought everyone would love him forever. So....yeah, he probably thought the 15 year deal was 15 years of guaranteed good press. Oopsy.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote