HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 18 : Draft Edition!?

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Taupy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Sounds like Dietz with more offense, although Dietz has good size.
They also play on the same team.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by didjuicythat View Post
Round 2 is set to start at 10 AM ET on Saturday. You're welcome.
Crap , I'll probably sleep through it because of afterprom.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:45 PM
OneSharpMarble

Thrower would be an excellent choice at 33, but if we get Nieves or Bozon I wont mind. I would love a gamble with Nashs pick if we grab Thrower, someone like Zharkov or Slepyshev.

My dream selections.
3rd - Galchenyuk
33rd - Thrower
51st - Slepyshev

Grit, leadership, defense, hard working and elite offense are covered well with these three. I love a gamble pick once in awhile too.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:45 PM
All Me

3rd overall pick for Jonathan Huberdeau

Old
06-19-2012, 11:47 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Let's just all agree to stop giving him hits, then.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Et le But

And once again - besides actually being something you can never have enough of (puck moving defenseman with grit), "Dalton Thrower" is the best hockey name I've heard since Tore Vikingstad.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Galchenyuk94

According to the draft experts at RDS, Forsberg plays in the SEL. How can you expect an objective analysis from round 2-7 when they can't even get basic info of the top 5 prospects right.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/342254.html

Yes I am butthurt

Old
06-20-2012, 12:02 AM
rockjngo

Do what it takes to get a 2nd 1st round pick to select Mikhail Grigorenko.

We already know Forsberg or Galchenyuk will be a Hab.

Trade Rene Bourque+2nd round pick+2nd round pick for #12 to pick Grigorenko.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

As promised, here is the article on my explanation of why I've put Mikhail Grigorenko 3rd overall in my final mock draft. Thank you

The Curious Case of Mikhail Grigorenko

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/

Old
06-20-2012, 12:06 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
According to the draft experts at RDS, Forsberg plays in the SEL. How can you expect an objective analysis from round 2-7 when they can't even get basic info of the top 5 prospects right.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/342254.html

Yes I am butthurt
"Objective analysis"?

Dude, it's RDS.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I like the kid but i'm getting a bit worried we pick Forsberg and take a pass on a potential 1st line center in Galchenyuk.

I do trust our scouting staff but it is painfull to watch year after year our scouting staff passing over good sized center in the 1st round (most notable are Kopitar and Berglund).

It would be even worse if Galchenyuk become a star player on the leaf. I know BPA over need and all but let's get serious there what Galchenyuk is missing? (other than not playing his last season to a freak injury last year). I see a lot a similarities between Galchenyuk and Jonathan Toews coming out both are great two center that work harder than anybody on the ice while also being incredibly skilled.

It would be groundhog day for me draft wise !

I might be also the only here but I do value center more than any other position in the NHL. Also, just go take a look at previous stanley cup winners and look at their depth at center just for fun !

Old
06-20-2012, 12:13 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I like the kid but i'm getting a bit worried we pick Forsberg and take a pass on a potential 1st line center in Galchenyuk.

I do trust our scouting staff but it is painfull to watch year after year our scouting staff passing over good sized center in the 1st round (most notable are Kopitar and Berglund).

It would be even worse if Galchenyuk become a star player on the leaf. I know BPA over need and all but let's get serious there what Galchenyuk is missing? (other than not playing his last season to a freak injury last year). I see a lot a similarities between Galchenyuk and Jonathan Toews coming out both are great two center that work harder than anybody on the ice while also being incredibly skilled.

It would be groundhog day for me draft wise !
I am not that worry. Forsberg will be at least as good as MaxPac. I prefer Galchenyuk too because we haven't got a big center for a long long time.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
"Objective analysis"?

Dude, it's RDS.
They're commenting on kids. If they can't be objective, they could atleast be professional. Do you remember what they said about MacMillan in '09? Kid was barely 18, weighed 150 pounds, but he was the devil.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:20 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
They're commenting on kids. If they can't be objective, they could atleast be professional. Do you remember what they said about MacMillan in '09? Kid was barely 18, weighed 150 pounds, but he was the devil.
Professional?

Dude, it's rds.

I used to ***** about them, but it'll never change. They've got a small town mentality to go with their small town production value. I prefer to watch hockey in french, but when it comes to anything hockey related that is not actual hockey, it's ANYTHING BUT RDS.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsTank View Post
3rd overall pick for Jonathan Huberdeau
Dale Talon: (laughs)

Old
06-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
No, Dale Tallon laughs

Old
06-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Professional?

Dude, it's rds.

I used to ***** about them, but it'll never change. They've got a small town mentality to go with their small town production value. I prefer to watch hockey in french, but when it comes to anything hockey related that is not actual hockey, it's ANYTHING BUT RDS.
Funny thing is I don't even get RDS where I'm living at at the moment, it shouldn't even bother me, but I can just picture frame by frame what it's going to be like and it makes me so effin mad lol.

They should be held to a higher standard. It's really too bad.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:37 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Actually, I believe it was Cory Pronman who said he'd take Galchenyuk over Huberdeau. Florida might not want to do it as they want the prospect closest to the NHL, but the value is there.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:33 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I'm not too worried about whether or not Timmins picks Galchenyuk IF he's there at #3. I'd bet a tidy sum Timmins will grab him if he's there. What DOES worry me considerably is that he won't be there. CBJ might just decide they like the press Galchenyuk has been getting and grab him before Timmins gets a shot at him. If Galchenyuk is gone when we pick, I REALLY hope Timmins takes a serious look at Grigs despite his recent "fall from grace". I really think history will show Grigs should have been a top 3 pick or a top 5 at worst. I don't believe he'll fall to 12 where MacKenzie's Final Rankings has him. Pretty sure he'll go in the 5-9 range and I think there's a real possibility that Burke takes a flyer on him at 5. It's the kind of thing that Burke would do if he thinks he would have a chance to thumb his nose at Habs brass if Grigs turns out to be a good one, which I think he will. In fact, I'm not sure Burke can afford passing on Grigs at #5 since Toronto's need for a big talented centre is at least as great as the Habs, and there is no denying Grigs is big, talented, and a centre.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:44 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I'm not too worried about whether or not Timmins picks Galchenyuk IF he's there at #3. I'd bet a tidy sum Timmins will grab him if he's there. What DOES worry me considerably is that he won't be there. CBJ might just decide they like the press Galchenyuk has been getting and grab him before Timmins gets a shot at him. If Galchenyuk is gone when we pick, I REALLY hope Timmins takes a serious look at Grigs despite his recent "fall from grace". I really think history will show Grigs should have been a top 3 pick or a top 5 at worst. I don't believe he'll fall to 12 where MacKenzie's Final Rankings has him. Pretty sure he'll go in the 5-9 range and I think there's a real possibility that Burke takes a flyer on him at 5. It's the kind of thing that Burke would do if he thinks he would have a chance to thumb his nose at Habs brass if Grigs turns out to be a good one, which I think he will. In fact, I'm not sure Burke can afford passing on Grigs at #5 since Toronto's need for a big talented centre is at least as great as the Habs, and there is no denying Grigs is big, talented, and a centre.
I would try to do one better. Yes Habs should take Galchenyuk at #3
then I would try to trade with each team to get their pick until Grigs has been taken. I would offer Pleks, yes Pleks you have to give up something good to get a 1st.
But think, Galchenyuk AND Grigorenko !!!
The Habs would sure be a different team in 2 years.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:54 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I would try to do one better. Yes Habs should take Galchenyuk at #3
then I would try to trade with each team to get their pick until Grigs has been taken. I would offer Pleks, yes Pleks you have to give up something good to get a 1st.
But think, Galchenyuk AND Grigorenko !!!
The Habs would sure be a different team in 2 years.
Dunno whether I would go so far as trading Pleks although I see where you're going with this. Still, trading Pleks for a shot at Grigs is something I'd have to think long and hard about. Let's face it, Pleks does provide a key stabilizing element for the Habs and is one of the very few forwards who does. Dunno, I'd love to have both Gals and Grigs but at the cost of trading Pleks? I dunno about that one.

Last edited by FisherKing: 06-20-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old
06-20-2012, 05:31 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Bieksa always comes out. Robidas or Wiz could be good comparaison.

He's a fast skating offensive defencemen on the small side but you like to fight a lot. Imagine Y. Weber with the stature and the drive of R. White.
Red Line compares him to Giordano.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:36 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Do what it takes to get a 2nd 1st round pick to select Mikhail Grigorenko.

We already know Forsberg or Galchenyuk will be a Hab.

Trade Rene Bourque+2nd round pick+2nd round pick for #12 to pick Grigorenko.
Tempting,but is this the year or next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I am not that worry. Forsberg will be at least as good as MaxPac. I prefer Galchenyuk too because we haven't got a big center for a long long time.
That's the problem. We haven't had top forwards for a long,long time,we've been living on our goaltenders and Andrei Markov for soo long.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
If Galchenyuk is gone that means either Yakupov or Murray is available, so I'll be very pleased with that.
Yakupov is obviously the favorite, but if Murray is available, our defensive prospects would line up to be massively talented. PK-Tinordi-Beaulieu-Murray, man, how can one not be turned on by the thought of having these 4guys on.

If need be, we could trade one for an offensive star too, so we don't have to stubbornly pick a forward with our #3.

Old
06-20-2012, 06:11 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
TSN mock draft has grigorenko dropping big time. If he does drop and habs don't swing a deal for a 10-15 pick to get him I'll be sad. If he drops he's an easy steal of draft candidate.

Closed Thread