HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Who Do The Kids Want?

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Enlighten

vCash: 500
Who Do The Kids Want?

As we get closer to the draft i find myself getting quite excited but also very nervous.

A thought occurred to me this morning. The general acceptance here that we can agree on is this is the "KIDS" team from here on in. Come hell or high water the future core is sitting before us minus a couple glaring holes on our backend of course. This is it the ball is rolling now this has to be our last #1 pick! As much as we don't want to admit it our window is open but it can close very quickly if were not careful. We could become a Champion in the next 3-4 years or we could become an Atl/Fld/Clb. IMO this is the draft where it could make or break us, the proverbial fork in the road if you will. The question nobody seems to be asking isn't what's better for the team going forward? It's who would the core of the team prefer to add to their arsenal? If i'm the OBC I'm asking our core guys who they would prefer to play with for the next 10 years? If we wan't to be a DET when this rebuild is done we have to communicate with our team especially our core on a different level. When Pavel and Henrik were up for contracts it wasn't will they test free agency? It was wow they just a major discount to keep a solid contender together. When a player goes to detroit and succeeds they rarely leave. A sign of a good management team is to communicate with their players as to the direction of the team and ask a players input on possible additions IMHO. So the questions I pose are these.

Who do the KIDS want to play with for the next 10 years?

Have they even been asked?

What bearing should this have on our decision?

Old
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM
smokersarejokers

Stauffer had Hall on last week, and he kind of hinted that he wanted Yakupov.

He said that his buddies in the OHL said nothing, but good things.

Apparently Nuge is good friends with Murray though. I think they were roommates at the World's.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Perfect_Drug

I think they want BPA.

They want to win. Winning easier with BPA.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
We have already 2 threads for something like this.