HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers into Shea Weber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
  #201
whskybarJM
Registered User
 
whskybarJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ca
Country: United States
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
I'll throw some realistic percentages out there

1% chance weber is a flyer
4% chance suter is a flyer

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
  #202
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
I'll throw some realistic percentages out there

1% chance weber is a flyer
4% chance suter is a flyer
I think it'd be the opposite, didn't Suter say he didn't want to play in the East and in a big market?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
  #203
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
I'll throw some realistic percentages out there

1% chance weber is a flyer
4% chance suter is a flyer
Are these percentages for the start of next season?

I think, if Weber doesn't sign a long-term deal this offseason, he's probably closer to ~10% for Philly at the start of the season, ~25% at the trade deadline and ~40% next offseason.

Suter, I think, is closer to ~1% for Philly. I just don't think he wants to play here.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:20 AM
  #204
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck
 
DoctrSteveBrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Are these percentages for the start of next season?

I think, if Weber doesn't sign a long-term deal this offseason, he's probably closer to ~10% for Philly at the start of the season, ~25% at the trade deadline and ~40% next offseason.

Suter, I think, is closer to ~1% for Philly. I just don't think he wants to play here.
40% if he makes it to next offseason? Give me a break. What are you basing this off of?

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:23 AM
  #205
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
40% if he makes it to next offseason? Give me a break. What are you basing this off of?
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that. --Homer Simpson

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
  #206
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,079
vCash: 500
Weber would be a great add in Philly, he gives them an elite #1 defenseman if Pronger retires. Not sure I'd give up 2 1st round picks to get him though,

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:30 AM
  #207
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Weber would be a great add in Philly, he gives them an elite #1 defenseman if Pronger retires. Not sure I'd give up 2 1st round picks to get him though,
You wouldn't give up two very very low 1sts for the best defender in the league?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:45 AM
  #208
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
I'll throw some realistic percentages out there

1% chance weber is a flyer
4% chance suter is a flyer
I am not a % guy. But saying that,if the Flyers are going to make a play for both of them. Weber is their man. He brings more to the table than Suter and he fits the mold as a Flyer. It looks as if they plan on signing Matt Carle who is a watered down version of Suter. Do not get me wrong here, I like both players but Weber is their man.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:01 PM
  #209
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
40% if he makes it to next offseason? Give me a break. What are you basing this off of?
1. The Nashville Predators will want to trade his rights if they know he won't re-sign with them.

2. The Predators and the Flyers have a strong trading relationship and have done this type of deal multiple times.

3. The Predators will want to try and get Weber out of the division and probably out of the conference.

4. The Flyers will have a ton of money coming off the cap after this year and will be in a position to accommodate a large AAV and still keep their core intact.

So I believe the Flyers will be very agressive in pursuing Weber's rights next offseason and will most likely have the first shot of all the teams to sign him long-term.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:04 PM
  #210
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that. --Homer Simpson
Except I'm not trying to prove anything using percentages. I'm guessing at what I think (and I even used the phrase "I think" in my post) the Flyers chances are.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:09 PM
  #211
whskybarJM
Registered User
 
whskybarJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ca
Country: United States
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I am not a % guy. But saying that,if the Flyers are going to make a play for both of them. Weber is their man. He brings more to the table than Suter and he fits the mold as a Flyer. It looks as if they plan on signing Matt Carle who is a watered down version of Suter. Do not get me wrong here, I like both players but Weber is their man.
hes not leaving nashville which is why there is a 1% chance. I would say 0 but I can't state a 100% fact.

suter wont resign which is why there is a higher percentage to sign with the flyers since he will hit the market. maybe I should say 1.5%

60% of the time I am right every time.

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.