Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

vCash: 500
Per Dreger: Looks like the Rangers - All Nash Talk

Boston Bruins

"The Bruins are a wildcard in all of this and if they deal for Nash, it might be after July 1 when Tim Thomas’ no movement clause expires. Don’t rule out the possibility that Thomas is moved to a low-salary team that will still need to get up to the salary floor under a new collective bargaining agreement. David Krejci’s no-trade clause does not kick in until 2013, so he’d be targeted, as would likely Jordan Caron and the 24th overall pick."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...x-suitors.html

Old
06-20-2012, 10:33 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Boston Bruins

"The Bruins are a wildcard in all of this and if they deal for Nash, it might be after July 1 when Tim Thomas’ no movement clause expires. Don’t rule out the possibility that Thomas is moved to a low-salary team that will still need to get up to the salary floor under a new collective bargaining agreement. David Krejci’s no-trade clause does not kick in until 2013, so he’d be targeted, as would likely Jordan Caron and the 24th overall pick."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...x-suitors.html
Bruins couldn't do this deal until after July 1st, so how can they give up their 24th pick?

Old
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bruins couldn't do this deal until after July 1st, so how can they give up their 24th pick?
Howson's not THAT stupid

Old
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
bigbadbruins1

If the bruins can dump TTs contract , and only give up krejci, caron, and next years pick for nash I would **** myself.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:43 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If you read the full article it's an either or scenario. Like Nash will either be moved at the draft, or in early July. So in this case, if they moved him at the draft to Boston for DK, Caron, and a pick that would work. If it's after, then instead of the pick you would insert TT to that deal.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
If the bruins can dump TTs contract , and only give up krejci, caron, and next years pick for nash I would **** myself.
This.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

I hope Chiarelli has at least contacted the CBJ about Nash...kind of a "well, Seguin/Hamilton are off the table, so if you wanna talk about others in the organization then I'm all ears" type thing.

I'm in no way shape or form going to trade Seguin/Hamilton in a Nash deal, but would jump at the opportunity to trade Krejci + 1st + ? in a deal, if it were even remotely possible (which it likely isn't).

Old
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Yep.. if Howson says "sure, we'll take Krejci, Thomas, Caron and your 2013 1st for Nash", Chia would have to be brain dead not to take that. Krejci would be the only part of that deal that would sting but I do that deal every day and thrice on Sundays.

Unfortunately, there's no way that would be the best offer Columbus gets for Nash.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Yep.. if Howson says "sure, we'll take Krejci, Thomas, Caron and your 2013 1st for Nash", Chia would have to be brain dead not to take that. Krejci would be the only part of that deal that would sting but I do that deal every day and thrice on Sundays.

Unfortunately, there's no way that would be the best offer Columbus gets for Nash.
I think it would be. A #1 center like Krejci is what Columbus needs. They're looking for young talent with potential.

The hangup, IMO, is Caron. He's still a question mark as far as his overall ceiling. I think Columbus would be looking for another prospect as well (i.e. Spooner or Knight).

If you brought that offer up at the trade deadline, I think the asking price would be too low. Teams at the deadline are looking to overpay for that extra push to get the cup.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:35 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

holy hell you take it yesterday if that's all it takes.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
I think it would be. A #1 center like Krejci is what Columbus needs. They're looking for young talent with potential.

The hangup, IMO, is Caron. He's still a question mark as far as his overall ceiling. I think Columbus would be looking for another prospect as well (i.e. Spooner or Knight).

If you brought that offer up at the trade deadline, I think the asking price would be too low. Teams at the deadline are looking to overpay for that extra push to get the cup.
Interesting thoughts. Columbus may tweak it to include Knight instead of (or in addition to) Caron. If it's Thomas, Krejci, Knight, Caron and a 1st... is that worth it?

At that point I'd be very wary. Not a definite yes for me but not a definite no either.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

I would counter with Spooner instead of Knight. Spooners 2-3 years away and doesn't really fit long term plans anyways. Adding Nash to the team during Charas prime while only giving up expendable pieces is a great move IMO. You're still all set up front for prospects and you're still hanging onto Dougie.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I would counter with Spooner instead of Knight. Spooners 2-3 years away and doesn't really fit long term plans anyways. Adding Nash to the team during Charas prime while only giving up expendable pieces is a great move IMO. You're still all set up front for prospects and you're still hanging onto Dougie.
I'd be more okay with Spooner leaving than Knight so I'd be fine with that.

Just based on Chia's interviews about not wanting to break up the core of his team and mess with chemistry, I just can't see him moving Krejci to bring in Nash.. But the Bruins have always been a part of the whispers involving the potential Nash trade so I gotta think that *something* is there.

In conclusion, I don't know what to believe.

I will say that a team of:

Lucic - Seguin - Nash
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Knight - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid

gets me drooling. Even if that first line is a little bit of a defensive liability

Old
06-20-2012, 12:11 PM
stick9

Quote:
Easy, CBJ instructs them on who to pick. They get the player they want, they just don't get to call his name.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:22 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:

Just based on Chia's interviews about not wanting to break up the core of his team and mess with chemistry, I just can't see him moving Krejci to bring in Nash.. But the Bruins have always been a part of the whispers involving the potential Nash trade so I gotta think that *something* is there.

Lucic - Seguin - Nash

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid

gets me drooling. Even if that first line is a little bit of a defensive liability
Wow. I think I just popped my zipper.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:32 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I think the deal would basically be Krejci and Boychuk for Nash. Anything else added would be either a pick or TT for cap reasons (and if I am Columbus I'd take him on the roster at the very least I think he'd have to report by the end of the year like Radulov did to become a UFA that summer.)

If a deal goes down Columbus will get Krejci and another good player, my guess is its not a prospect and someone who plays right away.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:32 PM
bigdm02

I think Rick Nash would be a great addition. But his cap hit is absolutley nuts, and that's why I wouldn't do it. If he made 5-6.5 million a year i'd take it in a heart beat. But you can't be paying 1 player that type of cap hit, especially since, let's face it he's a 30 goal scorer, not a constant 40-50 goal scorer.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

If NYR builds a deal around Dubinsky and Boston wants to build one around Krejci I'd think most normal GM's would listen to Boston more closely. The issue I see is, this isn't a normal GM. It's Howson.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Howson's not THAT stupid

I'm pretty sure that most Columbus fans would disagree with that.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:29 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdm02 View Post
I think Rick Nash would be a great addition. But his cap hit is absolutley nuts, and that's why I wouldn't do it. If he made 5-6.5 million a year i'd take it in a heart beat. But you can't be paying 1 player that type of cap hit, especially since, let's face it he's a 30 goal scorer, not a constant 40-50 goal scorer.

I'd like to believe that playing on a deeper team with more talent around him, his numbers would improve. Would he be scoring 60 a year? No. But 40 isn't out of the question. Lucic got to 30 two seasons ago, and seguin had 29 last season. If those were his line mates, then marchand, bergeron, and horton were the line after them, those are two strong scoring lines. Lines 2-4 can also be strong d lines.

They aren't getting nash, but if it took krejci, caron, and thomas, they'd be crazy not to.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

Quote:

Lucic - Seguin - Nash

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid

If it were only true. Dump TT and trade Krejci, a pick and a prospect not named Dougie for Rick Nash? Who cares about that first line's "defensive liability." Bring it on.

Lauri from Tacoma

Old
06-20-2012, 02:43 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
If NYR builds a deal around Dubinsky and Boston wants to build one around Krejci I'd think most normal GM's would listen to Boston more closely. The issue I see is, this isn't a normal GM. It's Howson.
Very true.

I still think Nash's contract scares Chiarelli and most GM's so I can't see him here. If Krejci is the centerpiece I'd be cool with that.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Every word I've heard from Bruins executives either on the radio or in print has the tone that the organization absolutely loves David Krejci. Common sense tells me they aren't going to be including him in a deal, even if it was for Rick Nash.

I'd be very shocked if Chiarelli made such a move.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:52 PM
TheSeguinEra2010*

Enough with Rick Nash talk

Im getting aggravated with all the Rick Nash talk going on here. It will more than likely not happen and people who constantly keep getting excited for Nash...dont get your hopes up. Quite honestly it would be the wrong deal on so many proportions let it die on the Bruins board until further notice.

Closed Thread