HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jumbo linemates?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
  #51
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Why is everyone convinced that Stafford is available?
So they are very similar players... One scored 45 points while the other is a little younger and scored 52. Why does Buffalo make that trade?

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
  #52
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
So they are very similar players... One scored 45 points while the other is a little younger and scored 52. Why does Buffalo make that trade?
Because Stafford can't do **** to this guy while Clowe can


Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  #53
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Because Stafford can't do **** to this guy while Clowe can

lucic would skate circles around clowe.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:09 PM
  #54
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,068
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
lucic would skate circles around clowe.
Yes but the point is that Buffalo would welcome a guy that will drop them with a guy like Lucic and stand his ground or maybe win a fight or two. Clowe can do that. They're looking for more toughness after that fiasco with Ryan Miller.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
  #55
Dogpound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Not sure why you would want to get rid of clowe???? For the amount of money clowe makes and what he brings to the table. He is going to score you 60-70 points a year, he is big and strong and a heavy weight fighter if need be, he is a leader. Trading for a guy like stafford who will score less points probably and definitely doesn't bring toughness or the leadership to the table that clowe does. Every team would love to have a guy like clowe in the line up.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:54 AM
  #56
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,351
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersboss View Post
Not sure why you would want to get rid of clowe???? For the amount of money clowe makes and what he brings to the table. He is going to score you 60-70 points a year, he is big and strong and a heavy weight fighter if need be, he is a leader. Trading for a guy like stafford who will score less points probably and definitely doesn't bring toughness or the leadership to the table that clowe does. Every team would love to have a guy like clowe in the line up.
He's also turning thirty and probably only a 50 point guy from here on out. But as a Flyers' fan, it's very understandable that you'd value those qualities. Straight-up for Voracek?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:02 AM
  #57
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
lucic would skate circles around clowe.
With Clowe in Buffalo's lineup, the Lucic fiasco which completely derailed the Sabres season probably would not have happened.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:10 AM
  #58
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersboss View Post
Not sure why you would want to get rid of clowe???? For the amount of money clowe makes and what he brings to the table. He is going to score you 60-70 points a year, he is big and strong and a heavy weight fighter if need be, he is a leader. Trading for a guy like stafford who will score less points probably and definitely doesn't bring toughness or the leadership to the table that clowe does. Every team would love to have a guy like clowe in the line up.
I'm pretty confident Clowe will never score 70 points. He's also incredibly slow, iffy defensively, and only has one year left on his contract after which he will likely get overpaid (and San Jose will not overpay him).

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:23 AM
  #59
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
With Clowe in Buffalo's lineup, the Lucic fiasco which completely derailed the Sabres season probably would not have happened.
why do you think this?

do you mean in the same way that couture wouldn't be hit from behind in back to back games against the kings?

clowe does not bring fear to the other teams, boston will still be boston against buffalo with or without clowe.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:46 AM
  #60
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
why do you think this?

do you mean in the same way that couture wouldn't be hit from behind in back to back games against the kings?

clowe does not bring fear to the other teams, boston will still be boston against buffalo with or without clowe.
Believe it or not but Clowe's rep does have an effect. Watch how Lucic and Boston play Buffalo. They play them like they can do whatever they want because they know the only guy with the balls was a member of the lollipop guild (Gerbe). With Clowe running around I doubt Lucic would be as fearless against Buffalo. Also in the follow up game Clowe fighting Lucic would have a better effect than an unwilling Goose fighting him.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
  #61
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Believe it or not but Clowe's rep does have an effect. Watch how Lucic and Boston play Buffalo. They play them like they can do whatever they want because they know the only guy with the balls was a member of the lollipop guild (Gerbe). With Clowe running around I doubt Lucic would be as fearless against Buffalo. Also in the follow up game Clowe fighting Lucic would have a better effect than an unwilling Goose fighting him.
boston might be a bad team choice to use for your example of clowe helping.

boston and lucic play there game no matter what team or who is on the ice. that team and lucic especially will take the hard runs at players even if a known tough guy is on the ice with them. lucic is a hot head at times, but he's also one of the smartest pests in the league. he doesn't just fight to fight, he fights for a purpose (something clowe doesn't do, clowe is the opposite).

clowe might go after lucic, but clowe would be the one getting an extra penalty out of the play because lucic would back off, while clowe still tried to get at him. then boston will just make you pay on the score sheet. and lucic's next shift he would be back taking runs at players.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:53 PM
  #62
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,068
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
why do you think this?

do you mean in the same way that couture wouldn't be hit from behind in back to back games against the kings?

clowe does not bring fear to the other teams, boston will still be boston against buffalo with or without clowe.
And there was a response to that hit. Considering the Sharks play the Kings many times, that kind of hit isn't prevalent and in reality, that hit wasn't malicious either. There is a lot less running around taking liberties on teammates with Clowe on the bench or on the ice. Boston will still do some of that but a player or two in the lineup regularly on the ice will curtail that act to a certain degree that might be worth it to a team like Buffalo.

Clowe may not strike fear into the opponents but those opponents know that they will have to answer the bell with him if they do extra stuff like that.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:32 PM
  #63
SharksFailToClear
Registered User
 
SharksFailToClear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
New stud right handed shot on joe's wing would be great. But I definately agree pavelski has got to go back to centering his own line. barring that:

Clowe/Couture Thornton Havlat.

Havlat and thornton looked great when on the ice together and I don't care that "they are playmakers". When they are both out there someone will shoot. Maybe they both understand what the other playmaker is trying to do and know where to go. Havlat scored more down the stretch than anyone else and brings the necessary speed. I also think Clowe always looks good with Joe plus at least brings a little grit.

SharksFailToClear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.