HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan is "available" Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Just like in Rick Nash's case, Anaheim can ask whatever they want for Bobby Ryan but his market value is not what they ask for, and it's certainly not what the "fans" think it is. The true market value of those players is the price that the highest bidding team is willing to pay for them. Period.

Don't like it? Keep them!

Old
06-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Yeah he said "a forward that might not be as good as Ryan but still a good hockey player, a young defensman, a prospect or a pick". Not word for word but the content is correct lol
The main asset would be a forward then.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
there's no secret I'd love Ryan on the Pens. a re-signed Staal straight up for Ryan. makes all kind of sense.
If the Ducks want to bolster their organisational depth..what sense makes a 1 for 1 trade?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:01 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post

True - but they still have the draft picks, highly-rated prospects and some NHL roster players (Stafford, Leopold) to offer.
This right here is the key.
If change is to come, especially in the forward ranks of the Sabres scoring lines, they have the assets to move to get it done. So one trade may address one issue, such as the center situation, while another may have been an opportunity to upgrade elsewhere.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:05 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Difference:
- McNabb not as NHL proven as Schenn
- Roy is UFA 2013
- 5th is better than 12th
- Burke and Murray are BFFs
Based on what?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
If the Ducks want to bolster their organisational depth..what sense makes a 1 for 1 trade?
I don't really know what the Ducks' organization needs are, haven't read the old thread. I supposed a 23 yo complete two-way top 6 forward would be enticing for them. what are Ducks' needs? I guess the Pens could add a guy like Bortuzzo while the Ducks could add a 3rd?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The true market value of those players is the price that the highest bidding team is willing to pay for them. Period.

Don't like it? Keep them!
Nash's and Ryan's situations are not much alike, at all. Nash has asked for a trade out of Columbus. The Ducks are simply exploring their options. Bob Murray could not care less what others perceive Ryan's market "value" to be. If he does not get the deal he wants, he will in fact keep him, and I have never heard about him, or any Ducks fan moan in discomfort about that vision.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I don't think payroll is really the issue. I interpret it as they won't obtain a player making more then Ryan, but to say that the combined salaries won't make more is not necessarily true IMO. The Ducks have holes to fill, and even with our budget there is money there. I think it's being took the wrong way.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

He's clearly headed to Toronto for Bozak, Schenn, and the 5th overall.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Based on what?
I believe McNabb has played 25 games in the NHL? Schenn 310 or something like that?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I don't really know what the Ducks' organization needs are, haven't read the old thread. I supposed a 23 yo complete two-way top 6 forward would be enticing for them. what are Ducks' needs? I guess the Pens could add a guy like Bortuzzo while the Ducks could add a 3rd?
I think we can put these things to rest. Ryan for Staal should be a non-starter for the discussion until Staal is re-signed, as we won't trade Ryan with his three years on his deal for a year of Staal, at the end of which we see him along with Getzlaf and Perry potentially headed to free agency. It's just not going to happen.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:18 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

It seems as though we don't have the assets o aquire Ryan, but I guess everyone can dream...

Old
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Kolbinian Holzer
Tyler Bozak
Clarke MacArthur

That meets the "parameters", but that seems to undersell Ryan...

Old
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I don't think payroll is really the issue. I interpret it as they won't obtain a player making more then Ryan, but to say that the combined salaries won't make more is not necessarily true IMO. The Ducks have holes to fill, and even with our budget there is money there. I think it's being took the wrong way.
I agree with that. There could be three guys making $2M each (just for example), which would be more than Ryan in total, but that covers three roster spots, so it obviously helps the payroll at the end of the day. I think your interpretation is precisely correct.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Difference:
- McNabb not as NHL proven as Schenn
- Roy is UFA 2013
- 5th is better than 12th
- Burke and Murray are BFFs
NHL Proven means squat. Yakupov says hello.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Unagi

If there are any Flyers fans here: Do you have any young D guys, you would offer in a Ryan trade scenario?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
NHL Proven means squat. Yakupov says hello.
Okay...not only would I not take Yak over RNH, Hall, Stamkos or Tavares....for all we know he could be the next Patrik Stephan. Only time will tell.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
If there are any Flyers fans here: Do you have any young D guys, you would offer in a Ryan trade scenario?
The Flyers are pretty thin in that area:

- Meszaros is the only NHL defenseman who fits (26)--but his salary is too much for the Ducks to take on, given his role

- Bourdon and Gustafsson are young NHL defenseman with #4 upside and a 3rd-pairing floor, but I'm not sure they are a marked improvement on anything in Anaheim's system.

- There figures to be a decent defensive prospect on the board at #20; if so, he pretty much instantly becomes the organization's top-rated defensive prospect.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I think we can put these things to rest. Ryan for Staal should be a non-starter for the discussion until Staal is re-signed, as we won't trade Ryan with his three years on his deal for a year of Staal, at the end of which we see him along with Getzlaf and Perry potentially headed to free agency. It's just not going to happen.
sure, but if you had read my original post you would have known that I mentioned "a re-signed Staal for Ryan"...

Old
06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
The Flyers are pretty thin in that area:

- Meszaros is the only NHL defenseman who fits (26)--but his salary is too much for the Ducks to take on, given his role

- Bourdon and Gustafsson are young NHL defenseman with #4 upside and a 3rd-pairing floor, but I'm not sure they are a marked improvement on anything in Anaheim's system.

There figures to be a decent defensive prospect on the board at #20; if so, he pretty much instantly becomes the organization's top-rated defensive prospect.
Okay thx. Hard time to imagine something to go through there. Unless we went forwards and pick. Like Schenn/Couturier & Simmons + pick. Not sure if PHI would do that though.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Ok before I propose this deal, I just want to say: ASSUMING STAAL IS RESIGNED.

Jordan Staal
Scott Harrington
2012 2nd Round Pick

Bobby Ryan
Emerson Etem

I am not as knowledgeable about the Ducks prospects but I do know that Etem is one of your top prospects but I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to your prospects and as such this may or may not be a very good proposal.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Unagi

Etem is a dealbreaker IMO. He will be showcased a lot by the Ducks as a hometown kid.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
sure, but if you had read my original post you would have known that I mentioned "a re-signed Staal for Ryan"...
Okay, sorry. But I'm really not in love with such hypotheticals. I mean, everything we discuss around here is abstract enough, so adding some things that we know don't correlate with reality just gets us to lose touch with it a little more. Couldn't we just start bringing Staal's name up when he has a new deal, if we really have to?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Etem is a dealbreaker IMO. He will be showcased a lot by the Ducks as a hometown kid.
Just wondering, is my proposal anywhere close to being fair value-wise?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Just wondering, is my proposal anywhere close to being fair value-wise?
To be honest I don't know who Scott Harrington is. But I can't see the Ducks being interested in that. Not only do they give up Etem, but miss their objective by trading Ryan and turning him into multiple assets.

My favourite scenario would still be a trade with Ottawa: Ryan for Zibanejad + Cowen + 15th overall. Yeah I have dreams. Deal with it

Closed Thread