HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
  #76
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
there is no guarantee you get Parise, but the move opens up the available money to get him...
why not sign Parise before we deal Kane away? We can go 10% over the Cap. It would be stupid to trade Kane in the HOPES that we sign Parise

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:05 AM
  #77
H a w k s
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Bowman doesn't have the fortitude to move Kane. Don't worry Kane lovers.
Thank god for that. Trading Kane for anything short of a ridiculous overpay is just hilariously dumb.

Sharp yes (as he's a secondary scorer really),

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:20 AM
  #78
Hawks82
Registered User
 
Hawks82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Wow...that first paragraph is some good old Chicago sports media melodrama. A blemish for Kane and a black eye for the organization? LOL...

McD said it right. I'd bet that in private, nobody in the organization really gives a
****.

Now hopefully the jerk-offs in the media will let it die.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
  #79
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
The entire front office is a huge black eye for the organization, more so than a drunk Kane. When will the Chicago media bring that up? Never, in fear of McD pulling their press credentials.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:39 AM
  #80
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,910
vCash: 500
Merged these 2 Kane threads...the McD and Wirtz comments weren't really anything new.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:04 AM
  #81
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
I still don't see a story with this. Kane is a keeper

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
  #82
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
Trouble is: MTL takes Galchenyuk BEFORE NYI picks--so no deal...

A better trade strategy would be to BUFFALO for the #12 and #21 and their first in 2013 and 2nd in 2014...

This frees up the $$$ for Suter or Parise PLUS we can get GIRGENSONS at #12, WILSON at #18 and SUBBAN at #21 ...

2C, RW, GOALIE....SIZE +TOUGHNESS+SKATING (in both forwards)+ FACEOFFS(Girgensons) +blue chip goalie prospect OR if they still perfer to use #48 for goalie then use #21 for D-man (SKJEI)..

Results: Patticakes gone ..but nobody pushes us around anymore Girgensons+Wilson
and SKJEI (if we opt not to take a goalie at #21) ..

Also gives us 2 firsts in 2013 when it is considered a deeper draft wheras right now we only have 1 first and no seconds or thirds for what is supposed to be a better draft than 2012..

Also sets us up with another 2nd in 2014..


So yes--the PK to BUFFALO "get a haul" strategy has always been on the back burner as we think the Sabres would pay a dear price for their hometown boy...
THIS may be the time to activate that "HAUL"...

AND if we land either Suter or Parise then it mitigates the immediate loss of Kane...

IF we do not get either UFa then we may sink next year -but still how much can missing a one assist and out for the night's work player who basically went MIA from mid-NOV. to the beginning of March --how much would we really miss such a perceived "difference-maker" who was in reality hardly any kind of difference-maker?


TAKE the PICKs--GET a HAUL--FILL the HOLES WE NEED to FILL with the proper player types...GET BIGGER, GET TOUGHER and /or GET a PUCK STOPPER ....GET BETTER for the long-term than pretending that a little disinterested twerp who would rather be partying than putting in the effort to display his god-given talent --who would too often rather check-cash than be a professional ---that PK would be missed much (Other than by the marketing dept. )..


Right now the Hawks "brand" is skill BUT SOFT/PLAYS SMALL ....How about skill and TOUGH for a change? AND no more soft goals either?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:17 AM
  #83
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
would want Grigorenko anyways

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
  #84
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
would want Grigorenko anyways
It would be great if he fell to us!!

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
  #85
DCSemi
Registered User
 
DCSemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
would want Grigorenko anyways
The kid has no heart at all. I'm from Chicoutimi and saw him play often here. Yes, he got talent, but no heart.

Did you see him in the playoffs against Halifax?

I can't believe some people would like to draft Grigorenko...

I'm hoping for Zemgus Girgensons!

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
  #86
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
The kid has no heart at all. I'm from Chicoutimi and saw him play often here. Yes, he got talent, but no heart.

Did you see him in the playoffs against Halifax?


I can't believe some people would like to draft Grigorenko...

I'm hoping for Zemgus Girgensons!
You mean when he had mono?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
  #87
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
You mean when he had mono?
mono or the Aids virus...it doesnt matter, he is Russian and Bowman isnt picking him...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:01 PM
  #88
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Trouble is: MTL takes Galchenyuk BEFORE NYI picks--so no deal...

A better trade strategy would be to BUFFALO for the #12 and #21 and their first in 2013 and 2nd in 2014...

This frees up the $$$ for Suter or Parise PLUS we can get GIRGENSONS at #12, WILSON at #18 and SUBBAN at #21 ...

2C, RW, GOALIE....SIZE +TOUGHNESS+SKATING (in both forwards)+ FACEOFFS(Girgensons) +blue chip goalie prospect OR if they still perfer to use #48 for goalie then use #21 for D-man (SKJEI)..

Results: Patticakes gone ..but nobody pushes us around anymore Girgensons+Wilson
and SKJEI (if we opt not to take a goalie at #21) ..

Also gives us 2 firsts in 2013 when it is considered a deeper draft wheras right now we only have 1 first and no seconds or thirds for what is supposed to be a better draft than 2012..

Also sets us up with another 2nd in 2014..


So yes--the PK to BUFFALO "get a haul" strategy has always been on the back burner as we think the Sabres would pay a dear price for their hometown boy...
THIS may be the time to activate that "HAUL"...

AND if we land either Suter or Parise then it mitigates the immediate loss of Kane...

IF we do not get either UFa then we may sink next year -but still how much can missing a one assist and out for the night's work player who basically went MIA from mid-NOV. to the beginning of March --how much would we really miss such a perceived "difference-maker" who was in reality hardly any kind of difference-maker?


TAKE the PICKs--GET a HAUL--FILL the HOLES WE NEED to FILL with the proper player types...GET BIGGER, GET TOUGHER and /or GET a PUCK STOPPER ....GET BETTER for the long-term than pretending that a little disinterested twerp who would rather be partying than putting in the effort to display his god-given talent --who would too often rather check-cash than be a professional ---that PK would be missed much (Other than by the marketing dept. )..


Right now the Hawks "brand" is skill BUT SOFT/PLAYS SMALL ....How about skill and TOUGH for a change? AND no more soft goals either?
we dont know who Montreal takes at #3 especially if something crazy like Murray goes #1, then Forsberg #2 since Columbus has had so much luck with top Russian kids

Yakupov could seriously fall to #3, and then your going to tell me that Montreal would take Galy over Yakupov?? I dont think so at all.

I understand that a few things need to happen, but the Hawks and Isles could put a deal in place that has contingency factors in it especially like Galchenyuk still being on the board at #4. I have a feeling he will still be available as Yakupov, Murray, and Forsberg go top 3.....

I also like getting Okposo back in return as he brings his power winger style to our top 6 and his 20-30 goal scoring ability with the right linemates. With your deal, I love to get those young kids, but we lose Kane, do not get anything back to help us this year (as with the Isles my offer has Hamonic and Okposo coming in now to help) and then you are still playing roulette with trying to land Parise or Suter...

Again I think getting those picks would be great, but it really doesnt help us out this year or likely next as well..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:07 PM
  #89
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
mono or the Aids virus...it doesnt matter, he is Russian and Bowman isnt picking him...
I agree it's unlikely. I just meant I don't think you can say his poor playoffs were because he lacked "heart".

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
  #90
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
Did you see Girgensons at the world Jrs/ Sure not a great Latvian team around him but still he was not that good 2g oa and -6 (good at face-off though)-- I personally did not see "top six" talent written all over him--but then NEITHER did i see much from the hyped Forsberg on a more stacked Swedish team there (only 1 a and -1)

YET -I was wowed by the mature play of TOMAS HERTL for the CZCHS --not only was he productive--3g+2a and +2 but the guy was dangerous on a lot of his shifts and I thought gave good 2-way effort ,finished checks ,came away with pucks along the boards;neither did i see any great "slowness" afoot that was supposed to be his main flaw...Instead i was wowed as to his hockey sense and anticipation-I just loved theway he thinks the game ... To me it is not even close he looks like a top six NHl pro for certain --not a mere Jr. you hope to realize his upside in future as a pro..Hertl plays hockey so intelligently he will have no trouble becoming an effectiive top six nhl pro..Book it Dano!

HERTL impressed me-like few I saw all year.THAT is all I need.I'm convinced.

BUT it was not just at the world jrs. For an 18 year old 12g+13a=25 pts in 38GP in the Czech Extraliga is nothing to sneeze at .I doubt Girgensons,Faksa,Grigoenko or Yakupov or Galchenyuk would have done much better if any there ...He led the CZECH jr. league in scoring the year before and led all rookies in the Extraliga in scoring this year..the last guy to accomplish those back to back milestones was JIRI HUDLER--but unlike Hudler HERTL is 6.25 and 198 and is expected to get bigger...
While not quite Girgensons in the face-off dot,HERTL was nearly 53% to Girgensons 57% at the WJHC u-20... THIS is a very very good good centre with size and the alleged lack of elitespeed I did not see make him defensively a burden to his team-on the contrary I thought he back-checked and positioned well...to me whover drafts him is getting a bargain..

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM
  #91
Retail1LO
Registered User
 
Retail1LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,215
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
I used to struggle mightily with the idea of trading Patrick Kane. However, if not Patrick Kane...then you have to most likely consider Sharp. I'll take Sharp's goal scoring, leadership, and defensive capabilities over Kane's passing. I also think Kane is the kind of player that can return us the kind of pieces this team needs. Whether you deem our needs to be a stud d-man, goaltending, other forwards, or picks and top prospects...Kane's the guy that can likely fetch the best return. Personally, I'd like to trade him for some secondary help, and a top pick and prospect. Restock the cupboards some more, increase depth, AND, we'll have some cap room with which to address other needs. Personally, I'd love to translate Kane's salary into salary for say...Zach Parise or Ryan Suter. I know it's a reach...but having Patrick Kane's salary available makes one of those two plausible. Personally, I'd trade Kane for either Parise or Suter straight up and feel mighty fine about it. So letting Kane go for some future help would be like trading for Parise/Suter, picks, AND prospects. It's fun to entertain the idea, anyway. I think Chicago would be a very attractive suitor for players like Parise and Suter. Just a thought though.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  #92
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I agree it's unlikely. I just meant I don't think you can say his poor playoffs were because he lacked "heart".
I understand what you are saying as I really dont get all the hate this kid gets...

Personally I think there is genuine concern over this dudes age.....many different places are reporting him to be nearly 2 years older then he is....Havent seen proof one way or another, but it has to be an issue in the minds of some gm's

I think there are a lot of headaches surrounding this guy, but he does have talent to be a top 5-8 pick this draft. Whoever takes him has to pray to God that the heart is there and that he actually isnt 21 years old right now...

but anyone going alone by his CHL playoff performance is missing the boat with this kid completely...you dont go by the WJC or playoffs alone to project a player....

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
  #93
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
why not sign Parise before we deal Kane away? We can go 10% over the Cap. It would be stupid to trade Kane in the HOPES that we sign Parise
the main reason I say deal Kane at the draft Bubba is because the ransom is going to be at its highest....

the Hawks simply cant sign Parise then move Kane and hope they get enough in return in the process. the draft is where you make a move like this because teams have their picks and prospects ready to move, plus they havent loaded up on free agents yet to fill out their teams....

imo, it would be a gigantic mistake to sign Parise, then move Kane after the start of free agency....your just not going to get as much as you could have if you just moved him a few weeks prior...

I understand your thinking in it as it makes sure we at least have Parise to fill the void, but teams will see that and then I doubt they offer a ton to us as they know they have us by the balls (we are over the cap) and they want us to move Kane for pennies on the dollar...

you move Kane at the draft, or not until the seasons trade deadline which would be idiotic to do imo as we hopefully will be aserious playoff contender and he should just stick for the ride and finish out the year at that point

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
  #94
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
The kid has no heart at all. I'm from Chicoutimi and saw him play often here. Yes, he got talent, but no heart.

Did you see him in the playoffs against Halifax?

I can't believe some people would like to draft Grigorenko...

I'm hoping for Zemgus Girgensons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I agree it's unlikely. I just meant I don't think you can say his poor playoffs were because he lacked "heart".
he's russian, russians don't have heart

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
  #95
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
My god! On the Blackhawks website the article on the 2007 draft review ---they state; PATRICK KANE the onl;ly "FRANCHISE PLAYER" to come so far from the 2007 draft.


How sad --that a "FRANHISE PLAYER" is now reduced to a mere 66 points as an acceptable level of performance...

I guess this "franchise player" moniker means we cannot trade him,or tat he EARNS every penny of that big fat $6.3 million per year contract..I want to vommit.

Who pays these hacks from the Hawks P.R. hype dept . budget to print such rubbish?

This season is year 3 of kane's 5 yr deal -it willbe pivotal to his career in Chicago ..either prove he is the franchise player they thought or he'l be walikng the plank out of town i'm sure...You can NOT play so indifferently from mid-nov thrrough to the begining of march and not get the notice of disgruntled fans.. "franchise players" do not go MIA that long without tarnishing their reputations..This has nothing to do with off-season partying BUT if IN-SEASON drinking is the problem,then we have a big problem.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
  #96
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
My god! On the Blackhawks website the article on the 2007 draft review ---they state; PATRICK KANE the onl;ly "FRANCHISE PLAYER" to come so far from the 2007 draft.


How sad --that a "FRANHISE PLAYER" is now reduced to a mere 66 points as an acceptable level of performance...

I guess this "franchise player" moniker means we cannot trade him,or tat he EARNS every penny of that big fat $6.3 million per year contract..I want to vommit.

Who pays these hacks from the Hawks P.R. hype dept . budget to print such rubbish?

This season is year 3 of kane's 5 yr deal -it willbe pivotal to his career in Chicago ..either prove he is the franchise player they thought or he'l be walikng the plank out of town i'm sure...You can NOT play so indifferently from mid-nov thrrough to the begining of march and not get the notice of disgruntled fans.. "franchise players" do not go MIA that long without tarnishing their reputations..This has nothing to do with off-season partying BUT if IN-SEASON drinking is the problem,then we have a big problem.
he is a franchise player..... and if you havent noticed, 70 points is now the new 90....

I dont base Kanes talent on this season alone, he has a great body of work for a player just 23 years old...kid is a franchise player, just for which franchise?

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 03:56 PM
  #97
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
My god! On the Blackhawks website the article on the 2007 draft review ---they state; PATRICK KANE the onl;ly "FRANCHISE PLAYER" to come so far from the 2007 draft.


How sad --that a "FRANHISE PLAYER" is now reduced to a mere 66 points as an acceptable level of performance...

I guess this "franchise player" moniker means we cannot trade him,or tat he EARNS every penny of that big fat $6.3 million per year contract..I want to vommit.

Who pays these hacks from the Hawks P.R. hype dept . budget to print such rubbish?

This season is year 3 of kane's 5 yr deal -it willbe pivotal to his career in Chicago ..either prove he is the franchise player they thought or he'l be walikng the plank out of town i'm sure...You can NOT play so indifferently from mid-nov thrrough to the begining of march and not get the notice of disgruntled fans.. "franchise players" do not go MIA that long without tarnishing their reputations..This has nothing to do with off-season partying BUT if IN-SEASON drinking is the problem,then we have a big problem.

Would have taken him over your man turris then.... and still would rather have Kane over Turris...

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
  #98
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,945
vCash: 500
Kane over Turris every day of the week.

The only two players to even consider taking over Kane from that draft are Alzner and Couture, and at this stage of their careers, Kane is still better than both.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:25 PM
  #99
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,974
vCash: 500
That was hf50's worst post ever. Which is saying quite a bit

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
  #100
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,509
vCash: 500
According to TSN the Hawks are not even discussing moving Kane internally, let alone actually actively pursuing offers.

For good reason. You just don't deal someone like Kane unless your socks get knocked off, and these idiotic deals like Oksopo+1st being bandied about in other threads certainly do not qualify.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.