HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew Doughty Cleared of Sexual Assault Charges

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Is anyone really surprised that it happened to Doughty?
I'm not. I love the kid because he plays for the Kings but, in my opinion, Doughty comes across as arrogant and somewhat unlikeable from everything that I've seen and heard.

I have a feeling that these charges are false and this woman is a ******* but people don't generally try to screw over people they had positive experiences with.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

What kind of a cab driver allows something like that? A women forced into a cab, fighting the whole time? Any cabbie would call the cops.

06-20-2012, 02:01 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
That link has disappeared.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
I'm not. I love the kid because he plays for the Kings but, in my opinion, Doughty comes across as arrogant and somewhat unlikeable from everything that I've seen and heard.

I have a feeling that these charges are false and this woman is a ******* but people don't generally try to screw over people they had positive experiences with.
I agree. His comments always come accross like a ********. On Kimmel the team said Doughty had been doing the most partying as well.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:24 PM
SLang

Quote:
people don't generally try to screw over people they had positive experiences with.
From my, and I assume, your, point of view (i.e. that of a "normal" person), I agree.

But, the rules change when it comes to a 22 year-old sports-playing multi-millionaire. There are people lurking around every corner to take advantage. The teams even counsel the players on this stuff.

Quote:
That link has disappeared.
The link is broken because there's a word in it the filter doesn't like. Click it, then click the main banner at the top, and the page that comes up has the article at the rtop of the page.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I agree. His comments always come accross like a ********. On Kimmel the team said Doughty had been doing the most partying as well.
So what if he's done the most partying? They won the cup, partying isn't a crime.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Any female that falls into bed with a guy she just met at a bar should realize that she means only one thing to him.

Quote:

I have met him in Vegas a couple of times and have seen him interact with other fans and I don't think that opinion is unwarranted.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Any female that falls into bed with a guy she just met at a bar should realize that she means only one thing to him.
Exactly. It ain't a Prince Charming and Cinderella story.

Doughty is going to have to learn to be smarter though. These guys simply can't put themselves into a position where allegations can be made.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
SLang

Seriously, how the hell was this kept quiet the entire playoffs? Seems downright IMPOSSIBLE.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

It's simple: don't bang every piece of ass that crosses your path, have a better judge of character and treat people how you would want to be treated. Whether the allegations are true or not, if you follow those guidelines things like this generally dount happen.

Could you imagine if this was Nick Lidstrom we were talking about? When you carry yourself a certain way, these things are much less believable and would probably never happen in the first place.

Oh Drew... I'm so dissapointed you allowed this to happen.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:10 PM
HeadInjury

Apparently there is surveillance video of them at the bar. If they're looking happy together, we know her story is not accurate.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
Apparently there is surveillance video of them at the bar. If they're looking happy together, we know her story is not accurate.
I disagree. This has nothing to do with the allegations. They could easily have been having a good time together at the bar, but things could have turned nasty as the evening wore on.

Bottom line, if she said "no" and he didn't acknowledge it, he is ****ed up.

But as I said before, it appears as though Hermosa PD is attempting to sabotage any case the D.A. put together (either that, or they are absolute morons for what they released to the press).

Old
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I disagree. This has nothing to do with the allegations. They could easily have been having a good time together at the bar, but things could have turned nasty as the evening wore on.

Bottom line, if she said "no" and he didn't acknowledge it, he is ****ed up.

But as I said before, it appears as though Hermosa PD is attempting to sabotage any case the D.A. put together (either that, or they are absolute morons for what they released to the press).
Her story is that he bumped into her, propositioned her, she called him an a-hole, his teammates laughed at him, and he "wrangled" her into a cab. Assuming the tape shows them, it's either going to consistent with that version of events or not.

If her version of events at the bar is disproven, the assault claim will never fly. It won't prove or disprove what happened in the bedroom, but if her version of events leading up to the alleged assault is decredited, the DA has no case.

I agree that Hermosa PD's public statements are puzzling, given that the investigation is ongoing. But they know more than we do. Maybe they feel it's only fair to tip people off that there are credibility problems. Still, it's quite odd to say that before the DA declines the case.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Monarchist

Normally, in cases like this, the woman says she went to his house willingly and didn't have sex willingly. That's plausible, and often true I'm sure. The guy normally says everything was consensual, which is plausible, and often true I'm sure. Neither such story is really falsifiable. Probably it is often the case that both believe their stories, and often the case that one knows they are lying.

This woman (apparently) says she was put in the cab unwillingly, went to his house unwillingly, and had sex unwillingly. How does that happen?

The tape will show Doughty holding the cab door open for her like a gentleman, wrangling her with a lasso, or something in between. The cab driver will say what he saw and heard.

Unlike the usual such case, there will not be much of a black cloud of uncertainty hanging over Doughty because the stories can be tested.

If he's guilty, he should be punished. I doubt that's the case here, and am glad there will be evidence to test the woman's story against.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
I agree that Hermosa PD's public statements are puzzling, given that the investigation is ongoing. But they know more than we do. Maybe they feel it's only fair to tip people off that there are credibility problems. Still, it's quite odd to say that before the DA declines the case.
Not puzzling to me.

Rather not discuss my past, but take it from me, this kind of **** goes on all the time...locals sabotaging the feds, feds stealing cases from the locals, locals poisoning cases in the press (see: this case), etc. etc. etc.

Not very admirable or appealing, as we would all would like to think better of our public officials, but the truth of the matter, this stuff goes on.

And as a disclaimer, the only alternative I can think of other than poisoning this case in the press is that the Hermosa PD spokesperson is either a moron or incompetent.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Shellz

Some of you really need to relax.

Old
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
triplcrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
If it does turn out that the woman is full of ****, she should be locked up for at least 5 years. People like her don't deserve freedom.

If you don't want to ride a horse, don't hang around the stable.
(it's an old saying I just made up).

Old
06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Hammond interviewed Dewey's lawyer.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/06/20...investigation/

Old
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Seriously, how the hell was this kept quiet the entire playoffs? Seems downright IMPOSSIBLE.
The real power of AEG!

Old
06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

I consider this a lesson learned for an extremely talented (and rich) young athlete who has just started to experience a larger media spotlight. From what I've read, it seems like he doesn't have to worry about a criminal complaint being filed against him, but in the court of public opinion, he may have taken a bit of a hit. There are plenty of examples of public disclosure of pro athlete's sex lives being a net negative for a sports franchise and its' fans. Let's just hope that this woman doesn't decide to pursue a civil suit against Drew, like this NFL player is dealing with (replace the last word in the URL with the R word).

Hearing rumours about Mike Richards being ballz deep in some trim he placed in the Cup is awesome, hearing about the D.A. looking over the actions of one of our best players is not.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

A little more information from the talkative HB detective sergeant, see link below.

Quote:
Hermosa Beach police Sgt. Bob Higgins said the woman accusing the Los Angeles Kings’ Drew Doughty of sexual assault refused to make a phone call to Doughty in order to discuss the incident after she reported it to police.
“She didn’t want to cooperate with that, and that makes it very difficult in these kind of cases,” Higgins said.
Such a “pretext” phone call is recorded by police and potentially used as evidence in the case.
“It’s one of our most valuable tools, if not the most valuable, in these ‘he said-she said’ cases,” Higgins said. ”Minus that, it makes it a very difficult case to prosecute.”

And here is a real interesting tidbit...it has been reported elsewhere that Doughty admitted to consensual sex, but the sergeant says below it may not have even occurred, and where it may have (or not) occurred is also in question:

Quote:

Higgins said Doughty and the 25-year-old woman met at the bar, and it’s unclear whether the alleged sexual assault happened at Doughty’s residence or the victim’s.
“It’s an issue of [whether there was] consent, and there’s a question of whether sexual contact even occurred,” Higgins said.

A muddy picture, indeed.

http://www.easyreadernews.com/53094/...ult-prosecute/

Old
06-22-2012, 02:04 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Video in the bar doesn't mean squat.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
They said Gloria Allred has no comment. That might be a first.
Sweet jumping Jeezus on a pogo stick. That HAS to be a first.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:37 PM
darrylsittler27

Who knows...

But false allegations should lead to jailtime.Most likely after he woke up and told her it was a mistake(one night stand),then it became ****.A lot of women nowadays are predators but because there are no consequences they have no fear of getting caught.

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 06-27-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old
06-22-2012, 06:24 PM
jml87

I really don't want to blame Doughty for not being careful. Seriously, do they have to think "is this woman going to accuse me of ****?" before they have sex with anyone. That just seems really sad.

Closed Thread