HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan is "available" Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
My money is now on an ANA-TOR deal. Ryan for Schenn, 5th and Colborne.

Hope Ryan stays.
Problem with this from a Leafs perspective is that giving up the 5th gives up a chance for a really good center prospect and giving up Colborne also gives up our only real center prospect (except maybe Kadri - he might be a winger).

Burke better have a trade for a good young center up his sleeve if he pulls the trigger on something like this or else he's banking heavily on a top flight free agent center next summer (not likely). Scary.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Someone come up with something new for once. I've seen the same 5 proposals for Ryan since December (Schenn, Schenn, Dubinsky, Staal, and Roy).

I think Ryan would be a perfect fit in Nashville if he was dealt, and I gotta think the Ducks like Blum and Wilson.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Okay, sorry. But I'm really not in love with such hypotheticals. I mean, everything we discuss around here is abstract enough, so adding some things that we know don't correlate with reality just gets us to lose touch with it a little more. Couldn't we just start bringing Staal's name up when he has a new deal, if we really have to?
well I really doubt the Ducks organization would even consider Staal otherwise or that Shero would offer a one year signed Staal for Ryan, so of course the premises should be automatically presumed to begin with...

Old
06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Just wondering, is my proposal anywhere close to being fair value-wise?
Emerson Etem was a late first round pick, but in hindsight I think he would have been picked between somewhere around 10-12. I wouldn't move that and Bobby Ryan for Jordan Staal. Scott Harrington may be a solid prospect, but nothing the team doesn't already have in Mat Clark. I'd consider Ryan for Staal straight up, but I think the other parts in the proposal are unnessecary.

I wouldn't mind something like Ryan and the #36th overall selection for Staal and Kennedy actually. Anyways, I hope Murray isn't foolish enough to trade Ryan. The guy is a lock for 30 goals each year, and should hit 40 at some point. With Selanne being gone soon, and with Perry and Getzlaf being pending UFA's for next summer, I hope Ryan is kept around.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:42 PM
avalanche45

Based on what Mckenzie said the going rate is...

Ryan

Elliot/Barrie
Mueller
Gaunce/Hishon

Old
06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Okay...not only would I not take Yak over RNH, Hall, Stamkos or Tavares....for all we know he could be the next Patrik Stephan. Only time will tell.
Shaking my head, your naming all the best players, drafted first overall that all had not proven themselves in the NHL. McNabb has a much higher ceiling then Schenn.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Nash's and Ryan's situations are not much alike, at all. Nash has asked for a trade out of Columbus. The Ducks are simply exploring their options. Bob Murray could not care less what others perceive Ryan's market "value" to be. If he does not get the deal he wants, he will in fact keep him, and I have never heard about him, or any Ducks fan moan in discomfort about that vision.
It hasn't even crossed my mind to compare their situation so it's a moot point.

What I'm saying is that the market value is what the highest bidder is willing to pay for them. Nothing else, no matter what fantasy fans or management have.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Emerson Etem was a late first round pick, but in hindsight I think he would have been picked between somewhere around 10-12. I wouldn't move that and Bobby Ryan for Jordan Staal. Scott Harrington may be a solid prospect, but nothing the team doesn't already have in Mat Clark. I'd consider Ryan for Staal straight up, but I think the other parts in the proposal are unnessecary.
Ryan for Staal is a perfect fit for both teams. However, some ducks fans believe that it is unfair in Pittsburgh's advantage. I read a little bit of this thread and saw that Ducks also wanted a young defenseman. Scott Harrington is just that. He maybe a prospect but hes bound to be a solid, defensive top 4. If a deal around Staal + Harrington + for Ryan + Etem could work, both teams get exactly what they need and want. The Ducks and the Penguins are solid trade partners.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Kolbinian Holzer
Tyler Bozak
Clarke MacArthur

That meets the "parameters", but that seems to undersell Ryan...
There's another "parameter" that needs to be mentioned: the deal must make Anaheim better NOW. That's not fans wish or speculation, that's straight from our GM's mouth. If your offer doesn't make ducks better now, then don't bother.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I agree with that. There could be three guys making $2M each (just for example), which would be more than Ryan in total, but that covers three roster spots, so it obviously helps the payroll at the end of the day. I think your interpretation is precisely correct.
I would go as far saying we could bring back at least 7 or 8 the other way.

Anyway, IMO the only two teams that have assets of what we need are Philly and NYR. Philly would probably be more likely because a ranger deal would have to include Kreider no question.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Dubinsky, Anisimov, JT Miller, 28th overall in 2012 draft

For

Ryan.

Close? Way off? I don't propose many often.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
ericnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Someone come up with something new for once. I've seen the same 5 proposals for Ryan since December (Schenn, Schenn, Dubinsky, Staal, and Roy).

I think Ryan would be a perfect fit in Nashville if he was dealt, and I gotta think the Ducks like Blum and Wilson.
I'm also interested in Wilson and Blum. Can a Nashville fan weigh in?

Old
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
oilwings

Leafs fans can stop with their proposals. Ryan and Carlye does NOT get along. So you guys don't worry about Burke overpaying for Ryan. It's just not happening.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Ryan for Staal is a perfect fit for both teams. However, some ducks fans believe that it is unfair in Pittsburgh's advantage. I read a little bit of this thread and saw that Ducks also wanted a young defenseman. Scott Harrington is just that. He maybe a prospect but hes bound to be a solid, defensive top 4. If a deal around Staal + Harrington + for Ryan + Etem could work, both teams get exactly what they need and want. The Ducks and the Penguins are solid trade partners.
Not sure what this solves for Pittsburgh though. Isnt the premise behind trading Staal to save money on the cap?

Old
06-20-2012, 03:00 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Not sure what this solves for Pittsburgh though. Isnt the premise behind trading Staal to save money on the cap?
Pittsburgh needs a first line winger to play with Crosby.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
I don't see the Ducks including Etem if they trade Ryan...they'll be expecting Etem to step up and help fill the loss of Ryan within the near future.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
JamieLee90

NJ to make a move to bring him back to his hometown IF Parise leaves and goes to Minnesota/Detroit/LA

Just a thought?

Old
06-20-2012, 03:07 PM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
From Buffalo, based on parameters:

- Andrej Sekera D (graded out as Buffalo's best defenseman in 2011-12, in a shutdown role - $2.75 for 3 years)
- Derek Roy C (legit top 6 center, $4M, last year of contract)
- Joel Armia RW (best prospect in the Buffalo system, #31 HF, should be in NHL Sept. 2013, $1.275M ELC)

Buffalo adds 12th overall pick in 2012, and a conditional pick in 2013 dependent on if Roy resigns.

Anaheim adds Lydman, $3M in 2013.

Total $8.025M to Anaheim, $8.1M to Buffalo. Meets all three Ducks fans set parameters.
Sabres fan. Done and done. Lets make it happen.

Last edited by Chainshot: 06-20-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: HTML
Old
06-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post

I wouldn't mind something like Ryan and the #36th overall selection for Staal and Kennedy actually. Anyways, I hope Murray isn't foolish enough to trade Ryan. The guy is a lock for 30 goals each year, and should hit 40 at some point. With Selanne being gone soon, and with Perry and Getzlaf being pending UFA's for next summer, I hope Ryan is kept around.
Staal and Kennedy for Ryan and #36....Done! Good deal for both teams assuming Staal is resigned long term. He and Getz would be a good 1-2 down the middle. Staal also would give the Ducks a good NHL center to build around, should Getz leave as a free agent.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:19 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
My money is now on an ANA-TOR deal. Ryan for Schenn, 5th and Colborne.

Hope Ryan stays.
They get mad at me for posting GIFs but I have one of puking ready to go.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Elvs

Quote:
As for a Ryan/Staal swap, I don't think the value itself is unfair, but I think Pittsburgh wins in the sense that the only hole it creates for them, is on the 3rd line center position. Shouldn't be too hard to find, and being a contender and a popular destination among FA's doesn't make it any less difficult. Pittsburgh gets Ryan who should be a lock for 35-45 goals year in and year out playing with Crosby and Malkin, and can sign an ACTUAL 3rd line center.

In the meantime, the Ducks get a terrific center for the 2nd line, but gets another hole in the top six. And being Anaheim, and in a weak UFA class this summer, finding top six wingers isn't easy. Even with Ryan on the team, another winger would be a welcome addition. If Ryan is traded, we might be looking for two top six wingers instead of 'just' one.

The kind of top six wingers in this years UFA class that the Ducks probably would be able to lurk to sign are the likes of Alexei Ponikarovsky and Lee Stempniak (or we'll end up overpaying for Kostitsyn). I'd rather have a 2nd line of Ryan-Gagner-Selanne than one consisting of Ponikarovsky-Staal-Selanne.

Again as for Harrington, decent prospect, but that's what he is. Since I've been a member on HFboards, far more promising prospects such as Mark Mitera, Ty Wishart, Thomas Hickey, Keaton Ellerby, Brian Lee, Ryan Parent, Bob Sanguinetti and Nick Petrecki have been called 'bound to be a top 4 defenseman', and that's just guys on top of my head. Don't get me wrong, Scott Harrington is a prospect I'd gladly have in my organization, but in a deal like this he's not exactly going to be the icing on the cake.

Last edited by Elvs: 06-20-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Leafs fans can stop with their proposals. Ryan and Carlye does NOT get along. So you guys don't worry about Burke overpaying for Ryan. It's just not happening.
Umm that's not true.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Dubinsky, Anisimov, JT Miller, 28th overall in 2012 draft

For

Ryan.

Close? Way off? I don't propose many often.
I think the Ducks could sway one of Dubinsky/Anisimov off the Rangers without giving up Ryan. And with Ryan still on the team, only on of them would really be needed.

Old
Velo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAttack View Post
If any team wanted to land Ryan, it would be the Capitals. They have all of Bruce B's "boys"

Green, Laich, Schultz, etc. Not to mention the 11th and 16th overall. However, all Caps fans know that George McPhee has never made a bold move in his life, so this post pretty much means nothing.
Dunno about that, landing Jagr was a pretty bold move, as was the cleanout in '03-04 of Jagr, Gonchar, Bondra, Nylander, Grier, and Lang. But yeah, I do agree that Ryan would look good as a Cap. Problem is that I can't see the Ducks making that deal without one of Carlson or Alzner being involved.

Old
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Ryan straight up for the 2nd overall?

Closed Thread