HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 01:49 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Why the hell would you come out and make a statement about Kane just days before trading him? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Old
06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Paul Allen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Why the hell would you come out and make a statement about Kane just days before trading him? It just doesn't make any sense at all.
Definitely... Won't believe Kane trade rumors until a chicago reporter says it. Or I hear of what could possibly be coming back.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I don't buy any Kane trade rumors. It would be stupid to trade him away and I'm sure the Hawks brass realizes that.

However, if it were to happen... we better be getting back a ****ing king's ransom. Trading Kane leaves a gaping hole in our lineup that is almost irreplaceable. No one would give up what it takes to acquire him, IMO.

Old
06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
As a lot of people have said on this board, if we trade Kane, he better not be the best piece in the deal.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I do think Kane is going to get moved at the draft......some in the organization are getting tired of his antics and his downward play... if they feel he is going to continue to bottom out, then they have to trade now while his value is still extremely high.

Not advocating a Kane trade by any means, just preparing myself for one.

I do believe that if Kane does get moved, it will be to a team on the East Coast and most likely the Islanders or Sabres.

Both teams have plenty of young assets/picks to move, plus the room to afford Kane, and by bringing him closer to home, maybe his mommy and daddy can come out more often and babysit him after games???

Old
06-20-2012, 03:14 PM
tomcat24

If we do trade Kane like I hope, i am sure he will be the best player in the deal. Im fine with that. A hockey team is about the right combinations and building the best team to compete in all types of games. Our top 6 is just too soft and can be easily contained in tighter-checking games. We saw what happened in the playoffs. Problem is they also make A LOT of money. The core isn't good enough to win anymore. But, with their salary all we can afford are bottom-feeding grinders that make a million. We need a few of the middle players. Solid players with a great mix of skill and grit. Young established players on elc's or making around 3 million. I bet Kane can bring back a few players like that, like the Philly deals of Richards and Carter

Old
06-20-2012, 03:14 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
That's what I don't understand about these guys. Keep some simple documents in your room that say:

I had consensual sex with __________on _________ date.

Have her sign and give her a couple hundred bucks too and sleep well at night.

-OR-

Have a secret camera that video tapes the whole thing to cover your ass.
I agree with the bottom part, anyone stating thats invasion of privacy I think will be wrong as these tapes do leak out all the time and no one gets sued for invasion of privacy.....just people boinking on camera....protects the players as if she looks like she is having fun or is going "cowgirl" which would mean consensual....

Old
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
tomcat24

I don't like any Sabres deals unless they include guys like Adam, Foligno, or Myers and they won't include them. The Islanders do intrigue me. Obviously the #4 pick would be great. I like your idea about Galchenyuk. I didn't know he lived in my hometown. I like Okposo but he has been really inconsistent so far. I think Strome is ready this year. But I would want a more established young player.

I still like a team like the Jets. I don't know how Pat Kane would do in Winnipeg, though. But I would love to pry both Kane and Burmistrov from them. Obviously more than Pat Kane will have to go there. But I really think Burmistrov is due a big breakout this year. Him with Kane and Hossa or Sharp would be a solid line

Old
06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

believe it when I see it. Kane won't go. If he goes, he will not be the best player in the trade

Old
06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat24 View Post
I don't like any Sabres deals unless they include guys like Adam, Foligno, or Myers and they won't include them. The Islanders do intrigue me. Obviously the #4 pick would be great. I like your idea about Galchenyuk. I didn't know he lived in my hometown. I like Okposo but he has been really inconsistent so far. I think Strome is ready this year. But I would want a more established young player.

I still like a team like the Jets. I don't know how Pat Kane would do in Winnipeg, though. But I would love to pry both Kane and Burmistrov from them. Obviously more than Pat Kane will have to go there. But I really think Burmistrov is due a big breakout this year. Him with Kane and Hossa or Sharp would be a solid line
Galy is a great kid and a joy to watch for CYA a few years back...just a huge fan of his as I think he will be in the top 10 centers in the league in barely 2-3 years....so moving Kane for a hopeful #4 pick of Galchenyuk is worth it in my eyes as we need centers, they dont grow on trees, and we have wingers in our core that can replace some of Kanes production.....plus like I said Okposo comes in a helps fill some of that void now...yes he plays inconsistent, but put him with Toews and I think his true colors comes out imo...

I agree that the Buffalo option is less interesting to me because it likely just focuses on picks....but they may move a Tyler Myers if it means landing Kane....just dont expect all those picks in return..

I still say this deal is a solid deal for both sides

to Isles - Kane, Frolik, and Olsen

to the Hawks - Okposo, Hamonic, 2012 4th overall pick (Galchenyuk only), and maybe another good prospect like Donovan or dare I say "el Nino"???

getting that extra prospect could make it easier for fans to swallow the deal as I think Nino is going to be a much better player then the one we saw this past year....would love to get him and throw him in a top 9 role with talent and see what he does....

Old
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Illinihockey

If Kane is going to the Isles, Tavares better be coming the other way.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:42 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Can't see it happening, not to mention we'd have to add to the deal.

Old
06-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Can't see it happening, not to mention we'd have to add to the deal.
Agreed its not happening but thats what its going to take to get Kane. Players like him don't grow on trees. I don't like trading a dollar for 4 quarters. If a team gets Kane they better be sending back a star as well.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
madgoat33

That proposed deal would be more like trading a dollar for a quarter, dime, nickel, and a mysterious foreign coin that you aren't sure of the worth.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:44 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
That proposed deal would be more like trading a dollar for a quarter, dime, nickel, and a mysterious foreign coin that you aren't sure of the worth.
how much did Mike Richards pull in a trade?

How about Jeff Carter?

you guys think that star players are going to get sent in return for Kane, and your just nuts...its not going to happen. your going to get a package of young players/picks/prospects....you might get the useful vet thrown in, but no way in hell is Kane going to get anything close to a Tavares in return...deals like these usually involve 1 star player, then a top prospect, a top pick, and a solid top 6 player or top 4 dman... expecting more is just wrong as you guys are going to be seriously let down with those expectations..

Old
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
The Flyers got NHL ready blue chip prospects in both deals. If we end up with picks and prospects that aren't even ready for opening night roles, every Hawks fan alive better be bordline ready to hunt down that dumb mother****er Bowman. Bowman putting Kane on the market is like giving your car keys to a drunk 14 year old, it's got bad news written all over it. We just need to keep the key pieces until Bowman is fired because he could set us back forever if he dumps them.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:00 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
how much did Mike Richards pull in a trade?

How about Jeff Carter?

you guys think that star players are going to get sent in return for Kane, and your just nuts...its not going to happen. your going to get a package of young players/picks/prospects....you might get the useful vet thrown in, but no way in hell is Kane going to get anything close to a Tavares in return...deals like these usually involve 1 star player, then a top prospect, a top pick, and a solid top 6 player or top 4 dman... expecting more is just wrong as you guys are going to be seriously let down with those expectations..
I dont' WANT to trade kane, and certainly not kane+ for okposo, hamonic and a pick. That's a **** deal for the hawks. And we won't be let down at all because the hawks won't move kane and certainly not for a terrible deal like the one you proposed.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:00 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
The Flyers got NHL ready blue chip prospects in both deals. If we end up with picks and prospects that aren't even ready for opening night roles, every Hawks fan alive better be bordline ready to hunt down that dumb mother****er Bowman. Bowman putting Kane on the market is like giving your car keys to a drunk 14 year old, it's got bad news written all over it. We just need to keep the key pieces until Bowman is fired because he could set us back forever if he dumps them.
you are correct on Bowman being nuts to trade him, though if it leads to Parise or Suter..not so nuts..

but your not going to get another star player in return unless the overall trade package is bigger then just Kane

Old
06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I will add 2 more things. #1, Kane is better than Richards and certainly Carter and #2 it was a terrible move for the Flyers.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:05 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
I will add 2 more things. #1, Kane is better than Richards and certainly Carter and #2 it was a terrible move for the Flyers.
I dont' even know why you bothered responding to that post. The comparison was laughable to begin with. I'd trade kane for schenn+ before I traded him for Okposo, Hamonic, and a pick 10 times out of 10.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
I dont' WANT to trade kane, and certainly not kane+ for okposo, hamonic and a pick. That's a **** deal for the hawks. And we won't be let down at all because the hawks won't move kane and certainly not for a terrible deal like the one you proposed.
you are absolutely insane if you think that is a bad trade for Kane.

I simply do not understand the overhyping of players on this site.

I love Patrick Kane, but the guy totaled 66 points this year..66 only... its not like he hit 100 points.

In return you are getting a young top 6 winger in Okposo who hit 45 points, a young top 4 dman in Hamonic who had over 20 points himself.... those 2 alone have already matched the total production of Kane.

Now throw in Galchenyuk who is a likely 40-50 point rookie center on this team playing with Hossa and Sharp...and thats a major low ball number... now we have just gotten over 100 points without including El Nino or a Ryan Suter that replaced Kane and his 66 points...its a freaken landslide trade for the Hawks depth wise..

some of you guys need to watch the movie Moneyball and how sports is changing. You only need to bring back enough in return to match Kanes current output, and this trade easily does that and then a ton more when you then figure in "el Nino" and Galchenyuk.

Alex Galchenyuk alone in 2 years would be worth Kane straight up....some of you have no clue how talented this kid is. It is pretty crazy to see anyone not want a package trade that lands them a legit #1 center, a top 6 winger, a top 4 dman, and another top 9 player in Nino....for 1 individual.

Galchenyuk has missed most of the year and is still trending up everyones rankings because the kid is just that damn good...probably gone by the 3rd pick, but I have hopes he makes to the Isles.

If you have a chance to get a package like this that involves a future superstar in Galchenyuk for Kane, you do it as it makes your team better overall..... plus this deal opens up the cash to land Suter, which is the final point of making this trade.

Some people on here have zero common sense when it comes to deals, you still think an individual outways depth...it doesnt, and the Kings proved it as well as the 2010 Hawks...you need depth everywhere, and sometimes you have to give to get.

Hawks make this trade if offered to them 10 out of 10 times and it isnt even close.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:19 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
You have read my mind, good sir.

If Bowman is more stupid than I think he is he won't ask for Neidereitter coming back, either.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
you are absolutely insane if you think that is a bad trade for Kane.

I simply do not understand the overhyping of players on this site.

I love Patrick Kane, but the guy totaled 66 points this year..66 only... its not like he hit 100 points.

In return you are getting a young top 6 winger in Okposo who hit 45 points, a young top 4 dman in Hamonic who had over 20 points himself.... those 2 alone have already matched the total production of Kane.

some of you guys need to watch the movie Moneyball and how sports is changing. You only need to bring back enough in return to match Kanes current output, and this trade easily does that when you then figure in "el Nino" and Galchenyuk.

Alex Galchenyuk alone in 2 years would be worth Kane straight up....some of you have no clue how talented this kid is. It is pretty crazy to see anyone not want a package trade that lands them a legit #1 center, a top 6 winger, a top 4 dman, and another top 9 player in Nino....for 1 individual.

Galchenyuk has missed most of the year and is still trending up everyones rankings because the kid is just that damn good...probably gone by the 3rd pick, but I have hopes he makes to the Isles.

If you have a chance to get a package like this that involves a future superstar in Galchenyuk for Kane, you do it as it makes your team better overall..... plus this deal opens up the cash to land Suter, which is the final point of making this trade.

Some people on here have zero common sense when it comes to deals, you still think an individual outways depth...it doesnt, and the Kings proved it as well as the 2010 Hawks...you need depth everywhere, and sometimes you have to give to get.

Hawks make this trade if offered to them 10 out of 10 times and it isnt even close.
okposo is exactly the kind of borderline talent we DON'T want in our top 6. That's the role stalberg fills. In addition, hamonic is a 4/5 guy, who's role is already filled by hjalmarsson. And I love how you are cherry picking one year for kane where he was moved from c to rw back to c and had his linemates shuffled on a near weekly basis. He's the only current hawk player who's hit 80 pts in the past 5 years and before this year had scored at least 70pts every season. But yea, let's trade him for a 3rd line winger, redundant dman, and a pick who we HOPE will be as good as he is. Oh, and add in two more NHL players while we're at it. This team needs to add a real top 6 forward, preferably a center, not trade one away for a borderline talent.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
okposo is exactly the kind of borderline talent we DON'T want in our top 6. That's the role stalberg fills. In addition, hamonic is a 4/5 guy, who's role is already filled by hjalmarsson. And I love how you are cherry picking one year for kane where he was moved from c to rw back to c and had his linemates shuffled on a near weekly basis. He's the only current hawk player who's hit 80 pts in the past 5 years and before this year had scored at least 70pts every season. But yea, let's trade him for a 3rd line winger, redundant dman, and a pick who we HOPE will be as good as he is. Oh, and add in two more NHL players while we're at it. This team needs to add a real top 6 forward, preferably a center, not trade one away for a borderline talent.
there is no cherry picking going on here...I dont give a rats ass about what anyone really did 3 years ago, when you make a deal you are trying to fill what that player just did. and 66 points is all that is needed,

what does amuse me is how Okposo is a borderline top 6 player, but would be 5th overall on our team in scoring....

I also love the redundant dman part about a 22 year old Hamonic who isnt like Hjalmarsson...and even if he is like Hammer, yeah what a horrible thing that would be to have another solid, steady, dman at a third of the price....really dumb move there....plus you can trade Hammer to add more cap room as well...

Galchenyuk is a top 4 pick, I have no doubts what he will become, you can throw whatever bs or hot air with the other names, but this kid is legit....he gets picked as high as he will because of his talent and that talent will be showcased in the NHL very very soon.

El Nino is a wildcard, but the potential and type of player he would be to the Hawks would be to good to pass on.... I doubt he makes it as a 30 goal scorer, but a solid top 9 player he can be...

plus you now have the money to be the highest bidder for either Parise or Suter...

so again

to the Isles - Kane, Frolik, and Olsen

to the Hawks - Okposo, Hamonic, Galchenyuk, Niederreiter , and Suter as we signed him with all that available $$...

Saad - Toews - Okposo
Sharp - Galchenyuk - Hossa
Stalberg - Bolland - Shaw
Bickell - Niederreiter - Carcillo
Hayes

Keith - Hamonic
Suter - Leddy
Seabrook - Oduya
Hjalmarsson - Montador

Crawford
Emery

yeah, I can see the downside to that team

Old
06-20-2012, 05:37 PM
madgoat33

again, horrible deal from any sane person's perspective. Okposo would be 5th on the hawks in scoring? I'd hope so considering kruger and brunette each spent large chunks of the season in the top 6. Stalberg outscored him at ES at 1/3rd the cap hit. AND if we make this move, we have to pray we can get a decent deal for hjalmarsson, then hail mary and sign parise and end up marginally better(if at all) than we were before.

Closed Thread