Old
06-20-2012, 09:14 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondrej The Giant View Post
I don't know where to post this, but if someone can let me know where I can list a brand new authentic Pavelec jersey size 54 (not game worn) that was won at an auction by a co-worker I would appreciate it.

He's asking a crazy cheap price too ($200 firm). I would buy it right now if I didn't own one already. Anyone can PM me for pics or mods can point me in the right direction of where to place this. This jersey is $299.99 at Jets Gear and $90 for the customization.

That is a very good price if it was a size 50 I'd definitely buy it. Solid price tho

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:03 PM
ghost88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
That is a very good price if it was a size 50 I'd definitely buy it. Solid price tho
I hate to say it... but EVERY "authentic" jersey I've seen at a wedding social/auction was a fake.

An real authentic jersey, plus customization is going to set you back almost $500... it's hard to get a return on your investment at that price at any wedding social/auction (unless it was game worn). That's why people buy a fake and try to sell it off as authentic.

The fakes are getting pretty close... almost undetectable to most fans. However, the logo colours are still off and the trim around the numbers is the wrong shade of blue.

Maybe your friend got lucky, but in my experience... it's probably a fake.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 11:10 PM
jwesthky

Game Worn Jerseys

Hi All,

Bringing this thread back up again because I'm looking for Inaugural Season game worn jerseys and Vintage Jet game worn jerseys.

Please PM if you have anything.

Thanks!

Last edited by jwesthky: 02-13-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spelling correction
jwesthky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Wolf357

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
I agree, some of the $1000 Jets jerseys will realize some appreciation but there is not much room for price increases on the $2000-$2500 jerseys. They are nice to have on the basement wall or wear while watching the Jets game and enjoying some pops.

Unless someone turns into a player like this.

1980-81 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers Game Worn Jersey - Photo Match
Lot #1

Current price:

$37,974.99

Starting bid:

$10,000.00

Bids:

Closed. Bidding Closed

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/prod...-3952-101.html
No modern Jersey will ever appreciate to this level....be it Crosby/McDavid....In 1981 the NHL just didn't have a "Game Worn Jersey" available to the general public. Players would wear a jersey until it was pretty much worn out...Now its a marketing thing with multiple Jersey's a year being available to the public...also once the jersey is sold to the public it is pretty much put under glass...back in the day guys would play shinny with Jerseys they acquired or throw it up on the wall with a few nails....

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 10:49 AM
darkjet

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was Bogosian's game worn jersey that a lucky season ticket holder went home with at that wild game. Pretty nice keep sake being his last game to wear a jets jersey

darkjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 10:49 AM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
No modern Jersey will ever appreciate to this level....be it Crosby/McDavid....In 1981 the NHL just didn't have a "Game Worn Jersey" available to the general public. Players would wear a jersey until it was pretty much worn out...Now its a marketing thing with multiple Jersey's a year being available to the public...also once the jersey is sold to the public it is pretty much put under glass...back in the day guys would play shinny with Jerseys they acquired or throw it up on the wall with a few nails....
For sure. I have seen guys play sponge hockey in gamers and even slop mustard from a hot dog outside the Pal on a gamer.

I can't resist wearing one of mine to Jets games while drinking "pops" eating pizza and munching on popcorn. I neatly hang it on a hanger after the game. No nails!

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote