HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crazy new Sports bar coming to ByWard Market from MLSE?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2012, 06:32 PM
  #101
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Thats fine with me. Im there to watch the game. Have a drink and a bite to eat and enjoy myself. I dont need to know the owners of the places I spend my time/money.

It goes to the exact same place as when you go to TO to the "flagship" location. Same people.
Well many, many, many people do care about where they spend their money and who they support. Why do you think the local beers and brew pubs are such a hit these days? Unique and local. Have you been the Big Rig yet? If so, why did you go there? I bet it was because Chris Phillips is involved. Notice how locally focused his new place is? Been to Mill St yet? If so, you will have noticed that the first beer page is all about the Ottawa unique beers they're only brewing here in Ottawa. I think that's pretty awesome of Mill St to do something like that. There's a tonne of local success stories these days. Look at all the Ottawa Chefs who have had the spotlight shone on them. Ottawa breweries recently had great success at the 2012 Canadian Brewing Awards. Ottawa is easily one of the hottest cities in Canada when it comes to the culinary experience. Its one the best things we've got going on. Bigger and newest isnt always better; especially for entrepreneurs and locals. I guess it all depends on your values and beliefs though.

Yeah, and when I go the flagship location in Toronto it isnt directly competing with the Ottawa residents that I choose to support.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:33 PM
  #102
EDDIE20*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
Probably 78 taps of Bud Lite, Coors Lite, and Canadian.
God Lord, I hope not...

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
  #103
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
And while Im on my Ottawa restaurant/hospitality/beer/entrepreneur rant, for those who do care about that stuff, check this out:

http://nationalcapitalbeerweek.com/

Should be fun!!

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:50 PM
  #104
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Well many, many, many people do care about where they spend their money and who they support. Why do you think the local beers and brew pubs are such a hit these days? Unique and local. Have you been the Big Rig yet? If so, why did you go there? I bet it was because Chris Phillips is involved. Notice how locally focused his new place is? Been to Mill St yet? If so, you will have noticed that the first beer page is all about the Ottawa unique beers they're only brewing here in Ottawa. I think that's pretty awesome of Mill St to do something like that. There's a tonne of local success stories these days. Look at all the Ottawa Chefs who have had the spotlight shone on them. Ottawa breweries recently had great success at the 2012 Canadian Brewing Awards. Ottawa is easily one of the hottest cities in Canada when it comes to the culinary experience. Its one the best things we've got going on. Bigger and newest isnt always better; especially for entrepreneurs and locals. I guess it all depends on your values and beliefs though.

Yeah, and when I go the flagship location in Toronto it isnt directly competing with the Ottawa residents that I choose to support.
Thats fine if people only want to support local businesses. I/others have said they will check it out. As im sure you will too. If its a cool place, ill go back, if it sucks, I wont.

I went to Big Rig to check it out and thought it was good. I, like many others went because its Phillips place, something new, etc etc. i will definately go back there from time to time. Location idnt great but it is what it is.

I havent been to Mill st. So ive got no comment on that.

You are right, Bigger and Newest isnt always better but local and small isnt always either thats why I am going to check it out and give it a chance like I have with Local Heroes, The Wood, etc etc.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:51 PM
  #105
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Thats fine with me. Im there to watch the game. Have a drink and a bite to eat and enjoy myself. I dont need to know the owners of the places I spend my time/money.

It goes to the exact same place as when you go to TO to the "flagship" location. Same people.
ignorance and thoughtlessness. now there's a way to live your life. just move to toronto already.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:53 PM
  #106
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
ignorance and thoughtlessness. now there's a way to live your life. just move to toronto already.
I'm of the same mentality as Legend Killer, but it's not ignorance or thoughtlessness. If there were a similar locally-owned alternative, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Real Sports is filling a demand that hasn't otherwise been filled.

__________________
hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:01 PM
  #107
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
ignorance and thoughtlessness. now there's a way to live your life. just move to toronto already.
Your right. I should interview all business owners in the areas before I go there.

Do you drink coffee? Do you know the owner of your Tim Hortons, Starbucks, second Cup franchise??

If u were to ever stop at Subway, do you ask to meet the owner before you order your $5 footlong??

Do you buy gas? Do you get to know the owner of the station you stop at??

Doubt it BAWD...

All im saying is that if a really cool Sports bar comes to town and gives us something the coty doesnt have, im going to go check it out, and if its good, continue to go there regardless of who owns the place...

Thats ignorant?

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
  #108
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Anyone check out the CTV 6 o'clock news story? They hit on the MLSE factor right off the bat. People care....

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
  #109
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Anyone check out the CTV 6 o'clock news story? They hit on the MLSE factor right off the bat. People care....
BREAKING: Ottawa media focuses on Toronto.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:37 PM
  #110
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Thats fine if people only want to support local businesses. I/others have said they will check it out. As im sure you will too. If its a cool place, ill go back, if it sucks, I wont.

I went to Big Rig to check it out and thought it was good. I, like many others went because its Phillips place, something new, etc etc. i will definately go back there from time to time. Location idnt great but it is what it is.

I havent been to Mill st. So ive got no comment on that.

You are right, Bigger and Newest isnt always better but local and small isnt always either thats why I am going to check it out and give it a chance like I have with Local Heroes, The Wood, etc etc.
So you went to Big Rig because you have a connection/relationship with one of the owners? Few posts back you said you didnt care about that stuff.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
  #111
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
This thread has kinda gone off on Corporate vs Entrepreneur. Lets get back to the fact that its MLSE! MAPLE LEAF SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT. THE ENEMY. THE OTTAWA SENATORS CHIEF RIVAL.

Remember how we treated their players during the All Star Fantasy Draft and All Star Game? That was pretty awesome. Seemed like we had a spine for a weekend there. But now, some are clamoring all over supporting their shiny, new sports bar. **** em. We should all hope it fails. Isnt that we want MLSE to do in all endeavors? FAIL!

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
  #112
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
This thread has kinda gone off on Corporate vs Entrepreneur. Lets get back to the fact that its MLSE! MAPLE LEAF SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT. THE ENEMY. THE OTTAWA SENATORS CHIEF RIVAL.

Remember how we treated their players during the All Star Fantasy Draft and All Star Game? That was pretty awesome. Seemed like we had a spine for a weekend there. But now, some are clamoring all over supporting their shiny, new sports bar. **** em. We should all hope it fails. Isnt that we want MLSE to do in all endeavors? FAIL!
This is NOT supporting the Toronto Maple Leafs. MLSE is a corporation. Ditching them because they're affiliated with the Toronto Maple Leafs is like ditching Bell and Rogers for the same reason.

****, we've been through this.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
  #113
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
BREAKING: Ottawa media focuses on Toronto.
Really? Our newspapers ran front page headlines and pics when the Leafs were eliminated? I think the angle was more about how Sens fans do/should hate the Leafs and MLSE. Your ignorance and thoughtlessness is showing.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
  #114
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Really? Our newspapers ran front page headlines and pics when the Leafs were eliminated? I think the angle was more about how Sens fans do/should hate the Leafs and MLSE. Your ignorance and thoughtlessness is showing.
Ad hominem attacks when your "logic" isn't logical? Yep, seems about right.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
  #115
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
So you went to Big Rig because you have a connection/relationship with one of the owners? Few posts back you said you didnt care about that stuff.
I went to check it out because of all the buzz surrounding it, the twitter reviews I read and because its owned by a Sens player. I wouldnt say I have a relationship with him. I just know who he is.

Ive also been to Red Lobster before- I have no idea who owns it, nor do I care. I just wanted to eat mediocre seafood.

If Phillips opened up an awesome Sports bar, I would go check it out, for more reasons other than him owning it. Like.... Not having something like that around.

You dig?

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
  #116
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
This is NOT supporting the Toronto Maple Leafs. MLSE is a corporation. Ditching them because they're affiliated with the Toronto Maple Leafs is like ditching Bell and Rogers for the same reason.

****, we've been through this.
http://www.mlse.com/

Check that site out. See the second logo to the right at the top of the page. Thats the Toronto Maple Leafs logo. Now click on "venues". What do you see? Real Sports. Me thinks they're all connected and part of the same big conglomerate.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
  #117
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
http://www.mlse.com/

Check that site out. See the second logo to the right at the top of the page. Thats the Toronto Maple Leafs logo. Now click on "venues". What do you see? Real Sports. Me thinks they're all connected and part of the same big conglomerate.
That doesn't refute a single thing I said. MLSE is a corporation that is affiliated with the Toronto Maple Leafs, like Bell and Rogers. It's also affiliated with the Raptors. And Toronto FC. And Real Sports. All separate entities.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
  #118
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
This thread has kinda gone off on Corporate vs Entrepreneur. Lets get back to the fact that its MLSE! MAPLE LEAF SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT. THE ENEMY. THE OTTAWA SENATORS CHIEF RIVAL.

Remember how we treated their players during the All Star Fantasy Draft and All Star Game? That was pretty awesome. Seemed like we had a spine for a weekend there. But now, some are clamoring all over supporting their shiny, new sports bar. **** em. We should all hope it fails. Isnt that we want MLSE to do in all endeavors? FAIL!
All this blarney but you still support Real Sports in Toronto??

"experience" or not, you are supporting MLSE. Something you say hopes to FAIL, but will go anyways when you are in that city because its really cool??

Ha

So is your stance that you are Anti MLSE?? Or just anti MLSE in Ottawa because they take away from all the locals sports bars we have here??

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
  #119
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
That doesn't refute a single thing I said. MLSE is a corporation that is affiliated with the Toronto Maple Leafs, like Bell and Rogers. It's also affiliated with the Raptors. And Toronto FC. And Real Sports. All separate entities.
The more success each have, the more success the entire "family" does. The more failure, well thats great!

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
  #120
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
The more success each have, the more success the entire "family" does. The more failure, well thats great!
That's like Maple Leafs fans wishing for Biovail to fail. I'm all for knocking the Leafs down a peg, but what you're saying is as petty as it gets.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
  #121
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
All this blarney but you still support Real Sports in Toronto??

"experience" or not, you are supporting MLSE. Something you say hopes to FAIL, but will go anyways when you are in that city because its really cool??

Ha

So is your stance that you are Anti MLSE?? Or just anti MLSE in Ottawa because they take away from all the locals sports bars we have here??
Yes, that sums it up. Not hard to figure out. Pretty rational too.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
  #122
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Sigh, Ohh Franco trolling to the nth degree.

littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
  #123
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
That's like Maple Leafs fans wishing for Biovail to fail. I'm all for knocking the Leafs down a peg, but what you're saying is as petty as it gets.
Why wouldnt they want our Owner to fail in anything he does? Less cash Melnyk has to throw around, less likely he'll spend to the cap with the Sens and make them as competitive and attractive. Petty? Really? You know sports is about winning and success, right?

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:59 PM
  #124
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Why wouldnt they want our Owner to fail in anything he does? Less cash Melnyk has to throw around, less likely he'll spend to the cap with the Sens and make them as competitive and attractive. Petty? Really? You know sports is about winning and success, right?
Sports, yes. How exactly does cheering for an enterprise qualify as sports? I'm VERY anti-Leafs... but if we beat them on the ice, that's what matters. Not petty ****ing mind games with a bar.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
  #125
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Sports, yes. How exactly does cheering for an enterprise qualify as sports? I'm VERY anti-Leafs... but if we beat them on the ice, that's what matters. Not petty ****ing mind games with a bar.
Mind games? Please explain.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.