HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane

Old
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
According to TSN the Hawks are not even discussing moving Kane internally, let alone actually actively pursuing offers.

For good reason. You just don't deal someone like Kane unless your socks get knocked off, and these idiotic deals like Oksopo+1st being bandied about in other threads certainly do not qualify.
yeah...that's what they said on That's Hockey...that it wasn't even being raised.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Puckgenius*

Huge mistake, why not trade sharp on hossa instead?

You dont trade superstars like kane.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post

66 points and some off ice issues might make management think otherwise...

I hope Kane goes nowhere as hes my favorite Hawk, but I can see him being dangled out there no doubt...

cant hurt to see what kind of value the guy can bring in

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:

Which is apparently what the Hawks themselves think as well, the absurd ramblings of some deluded fans notwithstanding. They aren't even considering it and shouldn't be.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Which is apparently what the Hawks themselves think as well, the absurd ramblings of some deluded fans notwithstanding. They aren't even considering it and shouldn't be.
That's a relief.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

No Hawks writer or Hawks related person come out and started this rumor... it's always other media guys. Makes you wonder WHO really thinks he is on the move.

Kane won't go, nobody will give Bowman what he is asking for.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:45 AM
DCSemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I agree it's unlikely. I just meant I don't think you can say his poor playoffs were because he lacked "heart".
I saw him play really often, I'm from Chicoutimi, my family are from Baie-Comeau... both of these QMJHL plays regulary against Quebec because they are in the same division... so trust me, Grigorenko has no heart.... LOTS of talent tho.

I don't like the kid at all...

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
rick hawk

Quote:
Hope you are right.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:49 AM
massey1984

If Kane was to be traded, it would have to be for a young top 4 defenseman (like Schenn/Franson or MacDonald/Harmonic), a 1st (12th overall or higher) or 2 1st (13th overall or lower + 2013 1st or 1sts in 2013 & 2014 if after the draft), and 1 of an organizations top 3 prospects and 1-2 4-7 prospects.

Then the pick(s) and prospects could be paired with some Hawks picks/prospects to go after Bobby Ryan (or by themselves to get Evander Kane) if Parise can't be had...but this is really complicated to pull off and won't happen.

massey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
madgoat33

Boston got two firsts and a second for Kessel and he was an rfa at the time.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Puckgenius*

Kane is a top 5 RW, one of the most dynamic danglers, most dangerous 1 on 1 guys in the league, you keep guys like him. Playmaking wingers are rare.

Off ice issues like what? The taxi cab driver? Look what happened to PHI, dont make the same mistake.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Boston got a projected lottery pick, a 1st & projected early 2nd for Kessel

sounds better this way what it actually was

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Off ice issues like what? The taxi cab driver? Look what happened to PHI, dont make the same mistake.
Kane went to a Cinco-de-Mayo party at the University of Wisconsin and a bunch of pics popped up of him being drunk. Deadspin ran a story where supposedly he was getting kicked out of bars, frats, he choked a girl...turned out to be ********...

The Chicago media (not so much) and a few Hawks bloggers (Jaeckel) keep trumpeting it as a reason to run the guy out of town.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
rick hawk

Quote:
Kane is a top 5 RW, one of the most dynamic danglers, most dangerous 1 on 1 guys in the league, you keep guys like him. Playmaking wingers are rare.

I agree. As far as I'm concerned he is the most important Hawk in terms of offense. When he is going the entire offense seems to follow. He makes things happen. I don't think he got enough credit last year for the way he filled in at center while
Toews was injured.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:27 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
I agree. As far as I'm concerned he is the most important Hawk in terms of offense. When he is going the entire offense seems to follow. He makes things happen. I don't think he got enough credit last year for the way he filled in at center while
Toews was injured.
judging by some of the posts in here he gets almost no credit.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
judging by some of the posts in here he gets almost no credit.
Judging some of the trade proposals made by some of the people here he's a less skilled and less dedicated version of Tyler Arnason.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey1984 View Post
If Kane was to be traded, it would have to be for a young top 4 defenseman (like Schenn/Franson or MacDonald/Harmonic), a 1st (12th overall or higher) or 2 1st (13th overall or lower + 2013 1st or 1sts in 2013 & 2014 if after the draft), and 1 of an organizations top 3 prospects and 1-2 4-7 prospects.

Then the pick(s) and prospects could be paired with some Hawks picks/prospects to go after Bobby Ryan (or by themselves to get Evander Kane) if Parise can't be had...but this is really complicated to pull off and won't happen.
pretty much sums it up

Old
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
pretty much sums it up
Then why is your deal so hilariously ****** in comparison?

Old
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Then why is your deal so hilariously ****** in comparison?
the deal I proposed is pretty much spot on to this...

top 4 dman - Hamonic

top 6 forward and former top 10 pick - Okposo

4th overall pick - Galchenyuk

top 5 pick - in Niederreiter

I am laughing with hilarity.....

Old
06-21-2012, 06:48 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
the deal I proposed is pretty much spot on to this...

top 4 dman - Hamonic

top 6 forward and former top 10 pick - Okposo

4th overall pick - Galchenyuk

top 5 pick - in Niederreiter

I am laughing with hilarity.....
okposo isn't a top 6 forward on a good team and you offered 1 first round pick and said "maybe niederreiter". I'm also not as high on hamonic as some of you seem to be. Oh, and we have to add in frolik(which isn't that big a deal) and olsen(who looks like an nhl quality d man). All to make us MUCH weaker offensively in the upcoming season. Why would a team with the core the hawks have trade away our second or third best player and make the team worse in the immediate future? We already have prospects and top level talent, we need to surround the top level talent with good players NOW, not plan for 3 years in the future and hope prospects pan out then.

And I also dont' agree with his assessment of what it would take to get Kane, but your proposal still wasnt' the same thing.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:55 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
okposo isn't a top 6 forward on a good team and you offered 1 first round pick and said "maybe niederreiter". I'm also not as high on hamonic as some of you seem to be. Oh, and we have to add in frolik(which isn't that big a deal) and olsen(who looks like an nhl quality d man). All to make us MUCH weaker offensively in the upcoming season. Why would a team with the core the hawks have trade away our second or third best player and make the team worse in the immediate future? We already have prospects and top level talent, we need to surround the top level talent with good players NOW, not plan for 3 years in the future and hope prospects pan out then.

And I also dont' agree with his assessment of what it would take to get Kane, but your proposal still wasnt' the same thing.
stopped reading after your first five words...

Okposo is a contender for the 2012 USA team, and you simply do not see much of any team outside of the Hawks and their ice girls....

my proposal was even better then his...and you just proved it as he offered picks, and I offered players in the NHL...

the guys I put in the proposal are not prospects, by you stating this shows how little you follow hockey or those players I listed...

Old
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
66 points and some off ice issues might make management think otherwise...

I hope Kane goes nowhere as hes my favorite Hawk, but I can see him being dangled out there no doubt...

cant hurt to see what kind of value the guy can bring in
I can't see him being dangled at all, it's a stupid thing to even consider and I think less of you for your idiotic proposals.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
stopped reading after your first five words...

Okposo is a contender for the 2012 USA team, and you simply do not see much of any team outside of the Hawks and their ice girls....

my proposal was even better then his...and you just proved it as he offered picks, and I offered players in the NHL...

the guys I put in the proposal are not prospects, by you stating this shows how little you follow hockey or those players I listed...
I actually watch a lot of hockey and watched maybe 5-6 islanders games this year. Not impressed with okposo at all. And you still haven't addressed the entire crux of my argument that teams with a SC winning core and a good prospect pool shouldn't trade away 23yr old stars to HOPEFULLY get back a guy who develops into a player as good as him and try to win in 2-3 years.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

I agree with this. And, AmericanDream...maybe he is a contender for the US Olympic team...but that isn't saying much...your offense isn't that impressive.

also...why would we want niederreiter...he's shown so far he's not ready to handle NHL play and who knows how good he will be.

I also see no benefit to getting Galenchyuk if Kane is who we lose.

We need players who will help us now...not more prospects to add to the heap.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
I actually watch a lot of hockey and watched maybe 5-6 islanders games this year. Not impressed with okposo at all. And you still haven't addressed the entire crux of my argument that teams with a SC winning core and a good prospect pool shouldn't trade away 23yr old stars to HOPEFULLY get back a guy who develops into a player as good as him and try to win in 2-3 years.
FOR THE LAST TIME......I AM NOT SAYING TRADE PATRICK KANE!!

He is my favorite player. end of story.

I have a Hawks jersey and a USA jersey all with #88 Kane on the back of it.

All I said was a team like the Islanders "could" make a good trading partner for the Hawks mainly due to where they pick in the draft if the Hawks are looking to move Kane.

I didnt start any Kane being traded rumors or threads...just commenting on it if it happens, and where I think he can go...

If my proposal doesnt look like its enough to land a Pat Kane from the Isles, thats fine as no one knows what any team is willing to pay for a player like that .... no one here knows that no matter how in their own pee wee herman mind, they think they do...

...anyone saying that the Isles would have to give Tavares back in a Kane trade knows even less then I do, and is 10 times more off on any projected trade for Kane.

as for a player who we "hope" makes it to the NHL (Galchenyuk), well that is for any player, ever... you never know who makes it or who doesnt, but scouts and gm's have an idea of a top 5 pick and what they know he will turn into.... and they are all falling over each other for this kid....hence why he only played a handful of games, yet is continually moving up the rankins as a top 3 pick right now...

watching his interview with Craig Button right now on NHL Network....this kid is going to be a star, if the Hawks are looking to move Kane, I only hope that it is to land this kid in whatever type of package as he is the type of player that we need.... the other players/picks involved in this trade are just a bonus as this kid is Hossa at center...