HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Crazy new Sports bar coming to ByWard Market from MLSE?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2012, 07:03 PM
  #126
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Mind games? Please explain.
You're talking about not giving Real Sports your $30 for a meal in the hopes that it'll lead to MLSE tanking and not being able to support the Leafs anymore. How is that not a mind game?

__________________
hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
  #127
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Yes, that sums it up. Not hard to figure out. Pretty rational too.
Which of the 2?

You cant be anti MLSE but still go in Toronto because its cool and an "experience".

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
  #128
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Which of the 2?

You cant be anti MLSE but still go in Toronto because its cool and an "experience".
You may want to read back a bit. Im anit-MLSE in Ottawa.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
  #129
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
You may want to read back a bit. Im anit-MLSE in Ottawa.
So you're against giving MLSE money, but only as long as it's in Ottawa?

Double standard.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:16 PM
  #130
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
You may want to read back a bit. Im anit-MLSE in Ottawa.
I did, and read that you hope they FAIL in ALL endeavours. That means Ottawa, Toronto, Port au Prince, etc...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
  #131
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
I did, and read that you hope they FAIL in ALL endeavours. That means Ottawa, Toronto, Port au Prince, etc...
I guess I got caught up in how amazing the Toronto location is. Its that good. Now that they're coming to Ottawa, not putting in the same effort/investment, and competing with locals, I'll think twice next time Im in the GTA.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
  #132
HealthyScratches1200
Registered User
 
HealthyScratches1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Only in Ottawa do we get idiots debating the construction of a large sports bar. What is wrong with some of you people. Prolly the same people that are against tall buildings in Ottawa too, I bet.

HealthyScratches1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
  #133
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Well many, many, many people do care about where they spend their money and who they support. Why do you think the local beers and brew pubs are such a hit these days? Unique and local. Have you been the Big Rig yet? If so, why did you go there? I bet it was because Chris Phillips is involved. Notice how locally focused his new place is? Been to Mill St yet? If so, you will have noticed that the first beer page is all about the Ottawa unique beers they're only brewing here in Ottawa. I think that's pretty awesome of Mill St to do something like that. There's a tonne of local success stories these days. Look at all the Ottawa Chefs who have had the spotlight shone on them. Ottawa breweries recently had great success at the 2012 Canadian Brewing Awards. Ottawa is easily one of the hottest cities in Canada when it comes to the culinary experience. Its one the best things we've got going on. Bigger and newest isnt always better; especially for entrepreneurs and locals. I guess it all depends on your values and beliefs though.

Yeah, and when I go the flagship location in Toronto it isnt directly competing with the Ottawa residents that I choose to support.
Mill street is a toronto company..... HAHAHAHA figure it out. What downtown sports bars are you so worried about losing business exactly? Do you know who owns them?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
ignorance and thoughtlessness. now there's a way to live your life. just move to toronto already.
Seriously which bars in the market are you so worried about?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratches1200 View Post
Only in Ottawa do we get idiots debating the construction of a large sports bar. What is wrong with some of you people. Prolly the same people that are against tall buildings in Ottawa too, I bet.
Exactly, lol they are probably just upset its going into 90 George which is 26 stories tall, sorry guys 1.4 million people in ottawa/gatineau buildings are going to be built and elite business's will thrive.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:34 PM
  #134
HealthyScratches1200
Registered User
 
HealthyScratches1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I guess I got caught up in how amazing the Toronto location is. Its that good. Now that they're coming to Ottawa, not putting in the same effort/investment, and competing with locals, I'll think twice next time Im in the GTA.
You're really annoying dude. Move to Timmins or Petawawa. Don't worry, they don't have sports bars or tall buildings there.

HealthyScratches1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
  #135
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratches1200 View Post
You're really annoying dude. Move to Timmins or Petawawa. Don't worry, they don't have sports bars or tall buildings there.
Im probably the most pro Ottawa person you'll find. Thanks though.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:37 PM
  #136
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Mill street is a toronto company..... HAHAHAHA figure it out. What downtown sports bars are you so worried about losing business exactly? Do you know who owns them?


Seriously which bars in the market are you so worried about?
I know Mill St is a Toronto company. I gave them credit for incorporating a little local flavour so well in to their Ottawa location.

You know what, I know lots of people in this industry. Lots of talk about it the last 2 or 3 months. Thanks though.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:39 PM
  #137
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratches1200 View Post
Only in Ottawa do we get idiots debating the construction of a large sports bar. What is wrong with some of you people. Prolly the same people that are against tall buildings in Ottawa too, I bet.
With every project some get worked if its a condo or office building or even a store.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:41 PM
  #138
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I know Mill St is a Toronto company. I gave them credit for incorporating a little local flavour so well in to their Ottawa location.

You know what, I know lots of people in this industry. Lots of talk about it the last 2 or 3 months. Thanks though.
So you know that AND used it as an example however you are upset that Real Sports is owned by a Toronto company too... I just want to make sure that is what you're upset about.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
  #139
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
With every project some get worked if its a condo or office building or even a store.
Not sure where anyone got worked up about the size or anything. The discussion was about ownership, Corp vs Local Entrepreneur, and principles of a rivalry.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
  #140
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
So you know that AND used it as an example however you are upset that Real Sports is owned by a Toronto company too... I just want to make sure that is what you're upset about.
I used it as an excellent example of how having a local flavor/effort is greatly appreciated and sought after these days.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
  #141
Kekumba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,688
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratches1200 View Post
Only in Ottawa do we get idiots debating the construction of a large sports bar. What is wrong with some of you people. Prolly the same people that are against tall buildings in Ottawa too, I bet.
So ****ing true.

Kekumba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
  #142
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I used it as an excellent example of how having a local flavor/effort is greatly appreciated and sought after these days.
No you used an example of a Toronto Business taking away from 'local businesses' isnt that what you're upset about in the first place?

How do you know that Real Sports isnt going to give it local flavor or content... I know for a fact its going to be all sens colours catered to local ottawa sports franchises.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
  #143
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I used it as an excellent example of how having a local flavor/effort is greatly appreciated and sought after these days.
Do you know 100% that Real Sports wont have a local flavour to it?? What if it is completely pro-Ottawa?

Do your feelings then change?

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
  #144
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Not sure where anyone got worked up about the size or anything. The discussion was about ownership, Corp vs Local Entrepreneur, and principles of a rivalry.
No i means when every a new projects comes up people get worked up if some had there way buildings would be no more then 5 floors even as of late there is a new grocery store moving into where the Fresh Fruit Company use to be and people are up set about that.As per corp vs local it comes down to its really all the same i like mom & pop stores no question but i want the best bang for my buck and that is why who ever offers the best value will get my money local or not.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
  #145
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Do you know 100% that Real Sports wont have a local flavour to it?? What if it is completely pro-Ottawa?

Do your feelings then change?
He is very confused right now, his main argument was that it takes away from local businesses then he names a toronto business that is doing exactly that. Its embarrassing and akward.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
  #146
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Do you know 100% that Real Sports wont have a local flavour to it?? What if it is completely pro-Ottawa?

Do your feelings then change?
No, I'll actually think less of MLSE. Catering to whomever they need to to grab the $$. I think they should stick to their business plan and be pro-Toronto. That'd show some serious balls.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
  #147
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
He is very confused right now, his main argument was that it takes away from local businesses then he names a toronto business that is doing exactly that. Its embarrassing and akward.
Confused? No, not at all. Mill St is a strictly Toronto business? Like MLSE?

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
  #148
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
No, I'll actually think less of MLSE. Catering to whomever they need to to grab the $$. I think they should stick to their business plan and be pro-Toronto. That'd show some serious balls.
You need to figure out which way you're going with your argument you have contradicted yourself twice now.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
  #149
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Its been fun boys. Sell your souls to MLSE & the Leafs. Im off to my local pub/patio to enjoy some local beers. GO OTTAWA!

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
  #150
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Its been fun boys. Sell your souls to MLSE & the Leafs. Im off to my local pub/patio to enjoy some local beers. GO OTTAWA!
I've never seen anyone get their ass handed to them so thoroughly, only to leave the discussion smugly claiming to be the better Sens fan. Bravo.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.