HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 06:25 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
again, horrible deal from any sane person's perspective. Okposo would be 5th on the hawks in scoring? I'd hope so considering kruger and brunette each spent large chunks of the season in the top 6. Stalberg outscored him at ES at 1/3rd the cap hit. AND if we make this move, we have to pray we can get a decent deal for hjalmarsson, then hail mary and sign parise and end up marginally better(if at all) than we were before.
he would be 5th on the Hawks in scoring, not sure why thats hard for you to understand.

Compare Stalberg's numbers to Kanes like you just did for Okposo?????? that really helps your case none, as Stalberg has nothing to do with any of this, but his production in comparison to Kane and his salary makes Kane look like snot.

you still make no valid points but just a bunch of hot air and uneducated guesses over some of these younger players. Hamonic is 22 years old and apparently according to you he has peaked. Okposo is a scrub who couldnt put up better numbers on the Hawks. Galchenyuk is just some pick...

I would do whatever I could to land Galchenyuk at #4, if moving Kane is a part of that, then I can live with it knowing that we get a nice package in return plus a 1-2 punch down the middle that rivals the Pens.

All these young guys need to do is get better then 66 points, you still have made no arguments showing me how this team is any worse with these guys outperforming Patrick Kane's numbers...none.

Last edited by AmericanDream: 06-20-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old
06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Karlsson won the norris.

Old
06-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Hawks make this trade if offered to them 10 out of 10 times and it isnt even close.
No they don't, and it's not even close the other way. Give your head a shake. That is awful.

Old
06-20-2012, 06:49 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

actually I doubt the Isles even fathom doing that trade as it just gives up too much for Kane...

in their eyes and many peoples eyes, Galchenyuk (their likely pick) alone is going to be on the same level as Kane, so they are really giving up a ton for Kane.....

Old
06-20-2012, 07:03 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

as I figured, the deal with the Isles is probably only second to the Florida deal in amount of talent going to Chicago that was proposed on the main board....most offers are for much lower then the offer I projected for Kane, and many of them are actually being talked about as fair....

Old
06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

I just want to get this straight. Your defense of that awful, awful deal you proposed is that the HFB trade board thinks that sort of return for Kane is fair?

OUR trade board?

The one that is generally considered the biggest joke on the entire internet?

The one that generally is the only place in the world less accurate than Eklund?

That one?

That's the one you're going with?

It's nice to see that no matter how many times Bowman fails, fan trade proposals show just how much worse people can be.

Old
06-20-2012, 07:25 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

AmericanDream, the proposed trade with the Isles hoping that you then can sign Parise or Suter is ridiculous. You're not getting enough value for a star player. Also, Parise and Suter to the Hawks is not going to happen, and hoping for it is ludicrous at this point, especially Parise. If you want to win the bidding war for Parise, you have to offer him at the minimum 8.5 per for 10 years, since he's already going to be offered a 90M contract for 10 years from the Wild.

Suter will go for probably 7.5ish, which is already more than Kane is making.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
It's not just a matter of if we can sign Parise or Suter, because signing them for too much or for too long is worse than not signing them at all. Rumors are the Wild are going to be offering Parise 9M+ a year for over 10 years. That's not something I'm willing to pay Parise, even if it is Parise. He's great, but he's not worth 9M + for the next 10 years.

Everyone says "Easy, sign Suter for 6.5 a year...". Every team in the league will try to get him for that, so why would he settle here when he'll get more elsewhere. He's going to go for more than 6.5, and it's easy to say let's sign him for whatever, but who knows how much it will have to be to get him and how long it will have to be to entice him.

So the trading with the Islanders in hopes that we sign one of these free agents is a horrible idea. Losing Kane and only receiving a future star back (if he pans out as a future star) is just trading a star for a future star. Those free agents will be expensive as they are the top 2 in the league this year and there are lots of teams that will be bidding and lots of teams with more cap space than us.

In other words, you're basically trading Kane and hoping that:

1. You get Galchenyuk
2. He turns into a star soon that produces at least as well as Kane
3. You sign Parise, Suter, or both
4. The contracts for Parise/Suter are not huge overpayments that we are stuck with for years and could cause us to not be able to sign good players down the road because we have no room

Seems like a stretch, and a horrible idea. Keep Kane over deal with that Isles trade posted above.

Old
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Congrats to Soupy winning the Lady Byng.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Malkin wins the Hart.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Malkin wins the Hart.
That's very predictable...

Old
06-20-2012, 08:13 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Congrats to Soupy winning the Lady Byng.
"Bowman traded away an award-winner w/out getting one back! He sucks even more now!"

Old
06-20-2012, 08:13 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
as I figured, the deal with the Isles is probably only second to the Florida deal in amount of talent going to Chicago that was proposed on the main board....most offers are for much lower then the offer I projected for Kane, and many of them are actually being talked about as fair....
don't really care what the sheep think. That deal is horrible from hawks perspective, and the fact you keep pimping it makes me doubt your intelligence.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
That's very predictable...

Old
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So...what's your point. The award isn't for who scores the most goals.
For what the award is, Malkin deserved it. Stamkos is actually lucky to have been nominated given how his team did...I thought Giroux would have been nominated.

Anyways...here's how the Hawks fared in voting:

Quote:
Former Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy and ex-general manager Dale Tallon finished second in GM of the Year voting after his Florida Panthers' unexpected success this season.

The closest any current member of the Hawks organization got to an award Wednesday in Las Vegas was a fourth-place finish for the All-Star team. Here's how the Hawks fared in the voting:

NORRIS TROPHY (as voted on by the Profesional Hockey Writers Association)

13th place: Duncan Keith (one 4th-place vote, one 5th-place vote)

CALDER TROPHY (PHWA)

12th (tie): Andrew Shaw (one 5th-place vote)

SELKE TROPHY (PHWA)

6th: Jonathan Toews (one 1st-place vote, two 2nd-place votes, eight 3rd-place votes, 13 4th-place votes, 14 5th-place votes)

10th: Patrick Sharp (two 2nd-place votes, five 3rd-place votes, four 4th-place votes, one fifth-place vote)

17th: Marian Hossa (two 3rd-place votes, two 4th-place votes, seven 5th-place votes)

LADY BYNG (PHWA)

11th: Marian Hossa (three 1st-place votes, four 2nd-place votes, four 3rd-place votes, four 4th-place votes, five 5th-place votes).

GM OF THE YEAR (as voted on by the NHL's 30 general managers and panel of NHL executives and select broadcast and print media)

10th: Stan Bowman (one 1st-place vote)

HART TROPHY (PHWA)

24th: Hossa (one 5th-place vote)

NHL ALL-STAR TEAM (PHWA)

Defense

14th: Keith (seven total votes)

Left wing

6th: Sharp (27 total votes)

Right wing

4th: Hossa (84 total votes)

14th (tie): Sharp (one vote)
http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks...the_black.html

Old
06-20-2012, 10:02 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

What incompetent, halfwitted dingbat would vote Bowman top GM of the year??!?!?!?!! Jesus Christ...

Old
06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What incompetent, halfwitted dingbat would vote Bowman top GM of the year??!?!?!?!! Jesus Christ...
I'm assuming Bowman voted for himself.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Hawkaholic

Bowman should get a vote just for being able to get rid of Campbell.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I hate that Karlsson won the Norris. It should have gone to Weber then to Chara then to Karlsson. In terms of defensive ability, Karlsson looked slightly better than Leddy this year in his own end.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:44 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
AmericanDream, the proposed trade with the Isles hoping that you then can sign Parise or Suter is ridiculous. You're not getting enough value for a star player. Also, Parise and Suter to the Hawks is not going to happen, and hoping for it is ludicrous at this point, especially Parise. If you want to win the bidding war for Parise, you have to offer him at the minimum 8.5 per for 10 years, since he's already going to be offered a 90M contract for 10 years from the Wild.

Suter will go for probably 7.5ish, which is already more than Kane is making.

I said it before and I'll say it again:
the trade would likely be turned down by the Isles as they are giving up too much for Kane. People are really blowing Kane way out of proportion on here and hes my favorite player. I know he is our guy, but what some of you guys "think" your going to get for Kane is absolutely hilarious...simply wont happen.

This guy put up a 66 point season and has gone down in totals since the cup....he is still a great elite player, but there is no way in hell he is worth the price some of you are trying to believe he is...

I dont want to trade Kane, not at all....I am not going to waste anymore time on it with a few of you GM's here, since apparently you know the market value for Pat Kane with all the inner workings of NHL executive management some of you have.

I laughed when someone was trying to tell me that Claude Giroux would be as good as Kane....and I laughed so hard, didnt think possible...now it really isnt even close, but it went the other way in Giroux's favor...

Just like Giroux, I am stating that Galchenyuk will be as good if not better then Kane in 2 years...him alone at that #4 pick is worth the thought of a Patrick Kane trade to the Isles alone....wont be proven now, but in a few years there is going to be plenty of people wishing we had Galchenyuk on this team.

Now on to better things

Old
06-21-2012, 12:37 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Malkin was 10x more valuable to his team than Stamkos was.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Malkin and it wasn't even close

Old
06-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'm assuming Bowman voted for himself.
You can't vote for yourself.

He was voted for by Cheveldayoff because not only did Bowman get him his job he gave him a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a player that I wouldn't have taken for free.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Or Tallon making fun of him

Old
06-21-2012, 06:44 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
the trade would likely be turned down by the Isles as they are giving up too much for Kane. People are really blowing Kane way out of proportion on here and hes my favorite player. I know he is our guy, but what some of you guys "think" your going to get for Kane is absolutely hilarious...simply wont happen.

This guy put up a 66 point season and has gone down in totals since the cup....he is still a great elite player, but there is no way in hell he is worth the price some of you are trying to believe he is...

I dont want to trade Kane, not at all....I am not going to waste anymore time on it with a few of you GM's here, since apparently you know the market value for Pat Kane with all the inner workings of NHL executive management some of you have.

I laughed when someone was trying to tell me that Claude Giroux would be as good as Kane....and I laughed so hard, didnt think possible...now it really isnt even close, but it went the other way in Giroux's favor...

Just like Giroux, I am stating that Galchenyuk will be as good if not better then Kane in 2 years...him alone at that #4 pick is worth the thought of a Patrick Kane trade to the Isles alone....wont be proven now, but in a few years there is going to be plenty of people wishing we had Galchenyuk on this team.

Now on to better things
again, one subpar season from a 23yr old when he was moved around, coming off a wrist injury and had ever-changing linemates. I'm not concerned. The real issue is your overrating of guys getting tons of minutes on bad teams with no pressure and low expectations.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
again, one subpar season from a 23yr old when he was moved around, coming off a wrist injury and had ever-changing linemates. I'm not concerned. The real issue is your overrating of guys getting tons of minutes on bad teams with no pressure and low expectations.
Well said

Closed Thread