HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 + 2012 Ranking.

Old
06-19-2012, 06:40 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
I would include Robert Hägg and consider Oliver Bjorkstrand aswell.
Lehkonen is pretty good player.

He was one of the best players in U-20 league offensively and was maybe the best two-way foward of that league as an 16 year old. He played 18 FEL games at age of 16. He has similar very high-end potential like Teräväinen but Lehkonen is more of an scorer and a better all-around player. In my list i have Lehkonen higher than Ristolainen becuse of his very high potential and being very compete player without and with the puck already despite being smallish. I would see Lehkonen being similar draft year riser like Teräväinen. Robert Hägg is big smooth defenseman who can move puck well and is very effective in both ends i could see him being even top 10 pick. Burakovsky is big, very skilled player with high work ethic and he is physical he's more and less like whole package.
Also Lehkonen is a much better player than what TT was at the same age. I wouldn't have him over Ristolainen as of now, though. Ristolainen has a unique combination of size, smooth skating and puck skills that are very rare for a defenseman.

edit: lol I think we had this exact same conversation like a month ago

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Veilleuxxx

Why Elias Lindholm has a low ranking like that...

He gets Nicklas Backstrom's potentiel, not agreed with me?

Veilleuxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Fozz

Anthony Mantha is missing on most 2013 lists I have seen so far and will be on everyone's this time next year.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:35 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilleuxxx View Post
Why Elias Lindholm has a low ranking like that...

He gets Nicklas Backstrom's potentiel, not agreed with me?
He should be top 10 for sure.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Also Lehkonen is a much better player than what TT was at the same age. I wouldn't have him over Ristolainen as of now, though. Ristolainen has a unique combination of size, smooth skating and puck skills that are very rare for a defenseman.

edit: lol I think we had this exact same conversation like a month ago
If Ristolainen would be consistent defenseman he would be challenge Seth Jones for #1 defenseman spot. Ristolainen at his best game is an very very good defenceman but the problem is that he is not consistent. He can be inconsistent in single games, playing amazing game and then making few defensive mistakes which can end up as couple goals against and losing games. This is serious problem especially for defenseman. If he can be more consistent player i would see him
being top 10. Artturi Lehkonen is very smart and compete player. He can play PK, PP has amazing hockeyIQ, can score goals with many ways(dirty goals, deflections, snipes, dekes) i can't remember many Finnish prospects with that kind of scoring ability, he also can make high-end passes with his great vision. Artturi Lehkonen is huge sleeper and could end up as an homerun pick. There is no big weaknesses in his game despite his size.

Lehkonen:

Everyone have their own opinion. I remember when people called me stupid having Teräväinen ahead of Määttä and top 10-15 for the draft at the beginning of the year. But it doesen't mean that i'm always right. Ristolainen is favourite to go earlier that Lehkonen but i see Lehkonen being better player in 5 years.

Last edited by thomast: 06-19-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old
06-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yes I am back again, thanks to Dr. No.

I was able to watch a lot of hockey this year and here is a double bonus 2013 ranking and 2012 for your viewing pleasure.

NHL 2013 RANKING

1A. Seth Jones (USA) Portland Winterhawks, WHL
2B. Nathan MacKinnon (CAN) Halifax Mooseheads, LHJMQ
3. Sean Monahan (CAN) Ottawa 67s, OHL
4. Curtis Lazar (CAN) Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL
5. Aleksander Barkov (FIN) Tappara, SM-Liiga
6. Hunter Shinkaruk (CAN) Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL
7. Valeri Nichushkin (RUS) Belie Medvedi Chelyabinsk, MHL
8. Rasmus Ristolainen (FIN) TPS, SM-Liiga
9. Anthony Duclair (CAN) Quebec Remparts, LHJMQ
10. Ryan Pulock (CAN) Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
11. Kerby Rychel (CAN) Windsor Spitfires, OHL
12. Jonathan Drouin (CAN) Halifax Mooseheads, LHJMQ
13. Adam Erne (USA) Quebec Remparts, LHJMQ
14. Max Domi (CAN) London Knights, OHL
15. Nick Sörensen (SWE) Quebec Remparts, LHJMQ
16. Eric Comrie (CAN) Tri-City Americans, WHL
17. Tyler Motte (USA) USNTDP, USHL
18. Madison Bowey (CAN) Kelowna Rockets, WHL
19. Eric Roy (CAN) Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL
20. Morgan Klimchuk (CAN) Regina Pats, WHL
21. Elias Lindholm (SWE) Brynas, SEL
22. Connor Rankin (CAN) Tri-City Americans, WHL
23. Zach Fucale (CAN) Halifax Mooseheads, LHJMQ
24. Josh Morrissey (CAN) Prince Albert Raiders, WHL
25. Ville Husso (FIN) HIFK, SM-Liiga
26. Steve Santini (USA) USNTDP, USHL
27. Stephen Harper (CAN) Erie Otters, OHL
28. Alex Forsberg (CAN) Prince George Cougars, WHL
29. Taylor Cammarata (USA) Waterloo Blackhawks, USHL
30. Nick Baptiste (CAN) Sudbury Wolves, OHL

31. Will Butcher (USA) USNTDP, USHL
32. Markus Søberg (NOR) Frolunda, SEL
33. Gustav Possler (SWE) MODO, SEL
34. Bo Harvat (CAN) London Knights, OHL
35. Jordan Subban (CAN) Belleville Bulls, OHL
36. Ryan Hartman (USA) USNTDP, USHL
37. Nikita Zadorov (RUS) CSKA, MHL
38. JT Compher (USA) USNTDP, USHL
39. Brian Williams (USA) Tri-City Americans, WHL
40. Tobias Liljendahl (SWE) Djurgården, SEL

ON THE RISE
Jacob de la Rose
Chase De Leo
Domenic Graham
Ian McCoshen
Samuel Morin
Jan Kostalek
Victor Öhman
Shea Theodore
Brandon Shea
Crus Rydberg
Sergei Tolchinsky [Never seen him play, but a lot of hype]
I know this isn't a big deal or anything, but you are aware that Crus Rydberg has a first name, right? It's Victor.

Schnurvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:00 AM
tmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
10. Tampa Bay Lightning – Cody Ceci, D [Ottawa 67s, OHL]
Yzerman would love to get Reilly, but Ceci has some benefits over Reilly. Ceci has a good defensive game and size so he isn’t a reliability on the ice. Also Cody brings fantastic passing and rushes that makes him a threat and especially on the powerplay.
Using the word "reliability" instead of "liability" there completely reverses the meaning of the sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk View Post
Imagine the PM getting up and walking to the stage.
Paul Martin was the PM of Canada when Paul Martin was drafted by the Devils.

tmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:42 AM
YARR123

Quote:
If Ristolainen would be consistent defenseman he would be challenge Seth Jones for #1 defenseman spot. Ristolainen at his best game is an very very good defenceman but the problem is that he is not consistent. He can be inconsistent in single games, playing amazing game and then making few defensive mistakes which can end up as couple goals against and losing games. This is serious problem especially for defenseman. If he can be more consistent player i would see him
being top 10. Artturi Lehkonen is very smart and compete player. He can play PK, PP has amazing hockeyIQ, can score goals with many ways(dirty goals, deflections, snipes, dekes) i can't remember many Finnish prospects with that kind of scoring ability, he also can make high-end passes with his great vision. Artturi Lehkonen is huge sleeper and could end up as an homerun pick. There is no big weaknesses in his game despite his size.
Being inconsistent in a top pro league is very common for a young player. Young guys are still getting used to the grind of higher frequency of games and faster tempo, while still lacking in their fitness level. Mistakes like those are very common. This is especially true for young defensemen, whose mistakes often lead to opponents getting into a scoring chance.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:43 AM
thomast

Quote:
Being inconsistent in a top pro league is very common for a young player. Young guys are still getting used to the grind of higher frequency of games and faster tempo, while still lacking in their fitness level. Mistakes like those are very common. This is especially true for young defensemen, whose mistakes often lead to opponents getting into a scoring chance.
Ristolainen seems to be very inconsistent against his peers in the national team aswell. But you're right that it takes longer for defenseman to develope into compete player but Adam Larsson was an consistent player when he was drafted. So is Olli Määttä. I will think that Ristolainen will drop in the 2013 draft rankings when everyone focuses more on his flaws than before. The most skilled player of this draft is definetly Juuso Ikonen if he was 5'10 he would compete against Barkov for highest drafted fin but being very small i see him dropped alot.

Old
06-19-2012, 11:53 AM
GuillaumeLetsundress*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
can you give us a scouting report on him ?
Big lanky goalie that doesnt give much to shoot out, great fundamentals and gets across the net quick with his long legs, also can play the puck pretty well... Reg season stats have held him back but his International/Prospects game play has made him very intriguing. He also should be the starter next year in SSM after Jack Campbell stole his role this year, expecting a big year out of him

GuillaumeLetsundress* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 01:36 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Ristolainen seems to be very inconsistent against his peers in the national team aswell. But you're right that it takes longer for defenseman to develope into compete player but Adam Larsson was an consistent player when he was drafted. So is Olli Määttä. I will think that Ristolainen will drop in the 2013 draft rankings when everyone focuses more on his flaws than before. The most skilled player of this draft is definetly Juuso Ikonen if he was 5'10 he would compete against Barkov for highest drafted fin but being very small i see him dropped alot.
I'm not sure Määttä or Larsson are very good compareables to Ristolainen. Both base their playing around reliable defensive play and correct decisions. Imo neither has the offensive flash that Ristolainen has.

Also Ristolainen is still a full year from being drafted, and I doubt you're comparing RR to Larsson's first season in the SEL (or maybe you've seen of him from that time, idk). I'm sure Larsson also had inconsistencies in his game at RR's age.

Old
06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
thomast

Quote:
I'm not sure Määttä or Larsson are very good compareables to Ristolainen. Both base their playing around reliable defensive play and correct decisions. Imo neither has the offensive flash that Ristolainen has.

Also Ristolainen is still a full year from being drafted, and I doubt you're comparing RR to Larsson's first season in the SEL (or maybe you've seen of him from that time, idk). I'm sure Larsson also had inconsistencies in his game at RR's age.
I actualy watched alot of Larsson in his pre draft year and his strength was being consistent. on his draft year he wasn't IMO as good as on his pre draft year. But Larsson have been always a guy who positions himself in the right spot and effective at taking puck away with his body or the stick. RR is only couple month younger than Määttä. They would be IMO perfect defensive pair together. If Ristolainen works on his consistence we will see maybe the best defenseman prospect ever for Finland for the draft if not i could see him falling below 15-20

Old
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Killemdeader

WHL is all over that 2013 top 10. Suprising to see 4 WHLers in there, and only 1 OHL and Q player.

Edit: forgot about Duclair.

Last edited by Killemdeader: 06-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Killemdeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:18 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killemdeader View Post
WHL is all over that 2013 top 10. Suprising to see 4 WHLers in there, and only 1 OHL and Q player.
Really?!

It's going to be the Q's best draft year in a long time.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Killemdeader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Really?!

It's going to be the Q's best draft year in a long time.
There does seem to be a lot of first round Q talent, Just looking at this rankings though, there is Jones, Lazar, Shinkaruk, and Pulock, in the top 10, vs MacKinnon and Duclair. I guess the glaring absence of OHLers is what really jumped out at me. 12WHlers, 6 Qers, and 5 OHLers in the top 30 here is a pretty blatant WHL domination of this draft year, at least at the moment.

Killemdeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:47 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Haha is that legit ?
If he's a dman maybe the Pens can draft him and put him on a pairing with Paul Martin.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:05 PM
ProspectTalk

Why isnt Nurse anywhere in there? He looks pretty good to me.

ProspectTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectTalk View Post
Why isnt Nurse anywhere in there? He looks pretty good to me.
Yes, 2nd round with a lot of the European prospects discussed above.

Also this draft will be amazing for both the dub and the Q. I just can't believe all that firepower from the LHJMQ for 2013.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:57 PM
William H Bonney

McCoshen is the top '95 American d-man right now. J.T. Compher should be higher as well. And I don't see what Brandon Shea has done to be "on the rise" at this point.

06-20-2012, 09:05 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
McCoshen is the top '95 American d-man right now. J.T. Compher should be higher as well. And I don't see what Brandon Shea has done to be "on the rise" at this point.
Limited View.

E: I prefer Butcher and his puck-moving ability as of now.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote