HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Dreger is talking about Nash to Philly as a dark horse on TSN website... plz no.

Let's trade JVR - Prospect and something else to ANH for B. Ryan - that would be great! I'd rather his caphit than Nash

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:13 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Why does everyone think it's a foregone conclusion that Holmgren is even going to deal for a forward? All of this is just conjecture at this point. If Snider said that it's the defense that needs to be fixed, then I think we can safely say that the defense will be addressed. Much like last season, when Snider also said the goaltending was going to be addressed, I think Holmgren is getting his marching orders and he'll make a move. Right now, all the "experts" are so focused on the Flyers making a big move with the big names that are available that it won't surprise me if they make a move completely off the radar. Just like the Richards and Carter moves, it won't surprise me at all if that's the type of move Holmgren makes.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Dreger is talking about Nash to Philly as a dark horse on TSN website... plz no.
Darkhorse? What?

Everyone has said we were in the top 3

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
The one glaring hole this team has is a #1 defenseman
You had me until here.

We absolutely need 1-2 defensive minded forwards who can take pressure off of Couturier or Giroux to play on every PK. We need Moen's, Winnik's, Langenbrunner's and McClement's to play with Talbot (and possibly Wellwood) and take some of the defensive burden off of our young forwards and defense.

If we can't make a huge splash this offseason on defense, there's no reason we can't bring in 2 guys of that caliber to play a 4th line or 13th forward spot and improve our TEAM defense.

You had me the rest of the way. It's easy to get swpt up in these big trade assets... we should kick those tires, but only if there is value for us there.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Why does everyone think it's a foregone conclusion that Holmgren is even going to deal for a forward? All of this is just conjecture at this point. If Snider said that it's the defense that needs to be fixed, then I think we can safely say that the defense will be addressed. Much like last season, when Snider also said the goaltending was going to be addressed, I think Holmgren is getting his marching orders and he'll make a move. Right now, all the "experts" are so focused on the Flyers making a big move with the big names that are available that it won't surprise me if they make a move completely off the radar. Just like the Richards and Carter moves, it won't surprise me at all if that's the type of move Holmgren makes.
We are the Philadelphia Flyers. We are in on EVERY trade and every free agent.

While I don't think that's true.... we definitely have a bold GM that will consider anything. We may make a deal... we may not, but I can almost guarantee that he's going to make the call to see what can get done.

Old
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

I saw something via Insider on ESPN:

Quote:
Flyers' proposed package for Nash
1:12
PM ETPhiladelphia Flyers Recommend0Comments16EmailOne of the clubs thought to have a realistic shot at landing Rick Nash, the Philadelphia Flyers could be willing to relinquish a fair amount of talent in a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

ESPN's Pierre LeBrun reports the Flyers are considered part of the "in" crowd when it comes to talks with Columbus GM Scott Howson on Nash. And Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News suggests a trade package could include winger James van Riemsdyk, center Sean Couturier, goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, and perhaps the Flyers' first round pick. The combined salary cap hit for all three aforementioned players is about $425,000 less that Nash's $7.8 million.

However, Seravalli suggests the Flyers may be better off pursuing Bobby Ryan via trade with the Anaheim Ducks instead. Such a move would certainly allow for more cap wiggle room.
Gross. I just really don't want the cap hit or giving up on Couturier at any cost. This is just a rumor but still, major overpayment.

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Krishna

Dear god don't give up Couturier :|

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
RussianRocket10

If Paul trades Couturier, we all riot.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
I saw something via Insider on ESPN:

Gross. I just really don't want the cap hit or giving up on Couturier at any cost. This is just a rumor but still, major overpayment.
If the 2nd is coming back to, maybe...

We can't be that desperate for a big-time move, right?

Right...?

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Homer would absolutely lose all support from me if he includes Couturier in a trade for Nash. I've stood by as he's blown assets for a couple of years now because I think he's done more good than bad, but this would be it for me.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:34 PM
flountown

That ESPN Insider simply quoted an opinion, not any leaked trade info.

Let's not freak out until something actually happens.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Given that this is all just speculation I won't take it seriously. I was fine with JVR, Bob, and the 1st but adding Couturier just seems like robbery. Right now Giroux and Couturier should both be the players the front office should consider untouchable right now and to a lesser extent I wouldn't be big on moving Schenn.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I would never watch the Flyers again.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:03 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I would never watch the Flyers again.
it would be ridiculous. couts is off limits. he's cup quality where as nash is just very expensive and kinda chubby. i would definitely go down there and protest with fire. something would get burned. if we get outwitted by scott howson that loser it will be the end.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...29540905590785

Quote:
Have it on good authority ‪#Flyers‬ James van Riemsdyk would be more than willing to come to ‪#CBJ‬ if such a trade came to pass
https://twitter.com/D_LEED/status/215630312955318272

Quote:
@Aportzline is likely the best beat in the game... The fact he puts something like that out there tells you something about the convo's.
This is starting to get some legs and fast. I don't mind getting Nash, I just don't want Couturier in the deal. Or Schenn.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Top Cheese Danish

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Have it on good authority ‪#Flyers‬ James van Riemsdyk would be more than willing to come to ‪#CBJ‬ if such a trade came to pass.
"More than willing"?

In before "locker room issues"...

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:33 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...29540905590785

https://twitter.com/D_LEED/status/215630312955318272

This is starting to get some legs and fast. I don't mind getting Nash, I just don't want Couturier in the deal. Or Schenn.
Uhh, I don't think he has much of a say...his NTC doesn't come into effect for a while, no (if he even has one)? Also I agree adding Couturier to that sounds ridiculous, but again, I think this trade (if it went down in any form) would have to be a wait see. If Nash comes here and really gels with Giroux and they dominate, I can stomach losing Couturier in the deal. But if he comes here and plays to his recent seasons (which I personally don't expect) it would be just horrible for this franchise. High risk, high reward. If Nash is the player this organization apparently thinks he is, you get a dominant scorer to play on a line with a dominant set-up guy. If he isn't, you get another albatross of a contract while saying goodbye to a guy who appears to be a future Selke contender (plus JVR, etc). Ugh, I hate this time of year.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:34 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
What happened to Fartnell?
Thanks, I thought I was going blind.

On Dreger's "dark horse" comment, here is his exact quote at TSN:
Quote:
"If I was looking for a dark horse, and this has been talked about, I'm looking at the Philadelphia Flyers only because we know GM Paul Holmgren has a history of making the blockbuster deal. So don't be surprised if Philadelphia finds a way to make that splash this weekend."
That looks like Dreger feeding the rumour mill to satisfy the hungry viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods
If Holmgren swings and misses at Nash/Ryan, would he have any interest in Vanek?
Welcome. Regier should expect to get a big return for Vanek. Why, though, would he want to deal him? A big forward who has averaged 66 points over the last 6 years. Cap relief in dealing a $7+ mil contract? I'm not a fan of landing the big-splash forward, and Vanek would really cripple the Flyers' cap situation. My interest in Buffalo would be for a Dman like Regehr (I know, NMC) and your 1st for JvR.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
hockeyfreak7

I really have a feeling we're going to be getting the 2nd overall in a deal for Nash.

And I also feel that Couturier will be headed the other way

Van Riemsdyk
Couturier
Meszaros
Bobrovsky

for

Nash
2nd overall pick

I'll be pissed if Couturier is gone, but I could tolerate it if we draft Ryan Murray.

If not....well, I wont be a Holmgren supporter anymore.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

I just have to admit that I am terrified of what we might trade. Giroux and Nash would be amazing together, but for the price of Couts would make it look oh so ugly.

Maybe JVR, Mez, Bob, our first for John Moore and Nash???

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I really have a feeling we're going to be getting the 2nd overall in a deal for Nash.

Van Riemsdyk
Couturier
Meszaros
Bobrovsky

for

Nash
2nd overall pick

I'll be pissed if Couturier is gone, but I could tolerate it if we draft Ryan Murray.

Ugggg, I don't even know what to say... we'd have 2 1st rounders, but we get A LOT worse defensively. Even drafting Murray and getting lucky that a Koekkoek or Finn slide to us, we're still way worse defensively and have fewer assets to offer in trying to get an NHL ready defenseman.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

So I'm all over the place tonight heard some things, are you guys really offering JVR + Courtier + Bob? Is that the Flyers legit offer or did some re re in main boards start making **** up?

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I just have to admit that I am terrified of what we might trade. Giroux and Nash would be amazing together, but for the price of Couts would make it look oh so ugly.
My sentiments exactly.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Van Riemsdyk
Couturier
Meszaros
Bobrovsky

for

Nash
2nd overall pick

If they got the 2nd overall pick, I'd be ok giving up Couturier to draft a defenseman. Not my first choice but if it is Nash + 2nd overall, I can live with that. Potential top pairing defenseman and potential (POTENTIAL) dominating scorer.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:47 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Ugggg, I don't even know what to say... we'd have 2 1st rounders, but we get A LOT worse defensively. Even drafting Murray and getting lucky that a Koekkoek or Finn slide to us, we're still way worse defensively and have fewer assets to offer in trying to get an NHL ready defenseman.
I agree with you, but at the end of the day, I would strongly consider that trade. I'm not a fan of acquiring Nash straight up-- but if we could have Murray as a building block on our defense, I'm not sure that I could resist.

I just hope Holmgren would try to dish Schenn rather than Couturier.

If such is the case, I think it would be a great move for CBJ. Van Riemsdyk will get a chance to break out in Columbus, and Couturier will be a huge building block for them along with Johansen. I really do think it's a trade that could ultimately help both sides-- no matter how difficult it would be to give up Couturier.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote