HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 News & Notes

Old
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Tomorrow at 12(?) EDT. Or, that's when the league releases the schedule. Don't know when the Caps will release their detailed one.
Most info. I have seen says 11am eastern tomorrow.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Most info. I have seen says 11am eastern tomorrow.
I thought it was 11 central/12 eastern, but maybe I messed that up and it was 10 central/11 eastern.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 01:19 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
I thought it was 11 central/12 eastern, but maybe I messed that up and it was 10 central/11 eastern.
I've seen the latter.

Old
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Capitlols

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
#Caps had 96 percent season ticket holder renewal rate for next year. Waiting list over 3,000.

Capitlols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Carlzner

And that's all that matters to this organization.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:12 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Clearly

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
#Caps had 96 percent season ticket holder renewal rate for next year. Waiting list over 3,000.
Funny considering I got an email to add up to 4 season tickets to my account today.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Funny considering I got an email to add up to 4 season tickets to my account today.
FWIW, 96% is not 100%; not the first time they have offered this to existing STHs before going to the wait list. Friend did it a few years ago and reality of what was available to add was very limited. Also, didn't this version limit the adds to the 400s?

I'm not a fan of marketing crap and not one to defend this type stuff, but fact is they do have a high renewal rate, whether this is the exact number or not. I saw this the other day listed in a report for most of the teams in the League. A few teams chose not to respond to the survey.

The timing of the renewal deadline, IMO, does increase the renewal rate. Also, if an account reduces the number of seats in the account, but keeps seat(s) at the time of the renewal, it's still considered a renewal. Addn: One more thing, I know some people were talking about renewing and depending on things, trying to cancel this summer. Not saying they will be let out of the contract, but I know some people chose that route.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 06-20-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old
06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
you should boycott and never attend a game or buy a jersey again

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Yeah, dude I split a package with moved way down in the section and said there were a lot of seats to pick from on the move.

I don't believe the 96% at all (unless they're converting some tickets to general sales).

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:59 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Yeah, dude I split a package with moved way down in the section and said there were a lot of seats to pick from on the move.

I don't believe the 96% at all (unless they're converting some tickets to general sales).
Are you talking about select-a-seat this week, I was there for awhile; curious what general level 100s, club, 400s you are referring to when saying a lot of seats to pick from. Also, note the change in pricing for next year with the row split in the 400s.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Total horsebunk. They said something similar last year and myself and others were able to move wherever we wanted, and we received multiple offers to add seats, etc.

This organization has quickly gotten so full of &%$# it's not even funny.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM
sk84fun_dc

I'm fascinated by the comments about moving whereever you wanted and a lot of seats available; I ask because I have attended select-a-seat this year and last. Yes, they let you change section/price levels. Certain price levels had more seats available than others in part due to the change in pricing levels, no I did not count the number of seats available, but it wasn't a ton. There were some sections with almost no seats available to start the event. In the 400s where I focused my attention Tuesday night after scanning the arena, there were only a handful of seats available in rows A through G. Some scattered singles in row B; a few pairs in rows A through G to start the night. A lot of the availability in 'lower' rows was in row H, which with the new pricing format, is the last row of the higher prices within the 400 level seating. Venting on message boards, at games, etc. Every year there are STHs who don't renew, no question about that fact and the price increases for next season were noticeable.

I, for one, have much bigger issues with the year to year seating chart changes than with the organization's comments about the renewal rate. Is it 96%, I have no idea, but I believe it's over 90%. Even among people I know who reacted to the price increases for next season, almost everyone I know who was venting about it was renewing.

Were people moving, yes, that's the point of the event. I overheard at least 2 different groups ask if they could add seat(s), and consistent with the stated policy, they were told no; possibly later, not that night. They have done this offer to STHs in previous off-seasons, after select-a-seat, before they open up to new STHs, but as far as I know they have not done it every season. It is a benefit to current STHs who might want to add a seat or a pair, before they open up to the wait list.

As to how the long the wait list is, I have no idea, but I do know people on a 'wait list' for tickets.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 06-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old
06-21-2012, 08:00 AM
gamedotdll

I have been on the "wait list" for 3 years now. Been doing partial plans and this is the first year that any season tickets have been open at all. Got an email yesterday about seats being available, upper level only. Along with this priority listing:

New Full Season Ticket Timeline:

Monday, June 25, 2012 - Current Full Season-Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to add seats to their account.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - Current Partial Plan Ticket Holders (10 game, 5 game, and Sports Pack Holders) will have the opportunity to upgrade to a 2012-13 Full Season-Ticket Package.

Friday, June 29, 2012 - Deposit holders will have the opportunity to purchase a 2012-13 Full Season-Ticket Package.

gamedotdll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Foy

I think people are confused because the Caps offered existing STHs extra seats before they went to people on the waiting list. Is the waiting list 3k? Doubt it. But there is certainly a waiting list.

My sister and mother were in the first group at select a seat on Tuesday, and they said it was fairly slim pickings throughout the entire arena.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:50 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I think people are confused because the Caps offered existing STHs extra seats before they went to people on the waiting list. Is the waiting list 3k? Doubt it. But there is certainly a waiting list.

My sister and mother were in the first group at select a seat on Tuesday, and they said it was fairly slim pickings throughout the entire arena.
Consistent with my observations from Tuesday night and my comments above. People are not allowed to add seats at select-a-seat so all that happened Tuesday night was people moving, the number of available seats for STHs stayed the same from beginning to end of the evening. Those seats are now available for new STHs, first made available to STHs, then if any remain, to the waitlist.

In a different category, there are still seats held aside which are not considered season ticket seats; held for individual ticket sales, group sales, and NHL holds.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Dunno, we moved down in the 400s, about 8 rows up, closer to the aisle without a problem.

There were a good number available in the 408-410 section.

I'm certain a good number re-up'd. But I'm also pretty sure it has to be some fudging to get 96%. Maybe that counts the people who added seats (and my friend has had offers to add seats each year, though not nearby all the time) as I know a decent number of people who have gotten offers to get another pair. At the select the seat, they don't usually do that, but his ticket rep will call him from time to time and offer either a partial or if there are people who want another seat (he went from 2 to 4, and then moved the extra two to another side).

Old
06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Dunno, we moved down in the 400s, about 8 rows up, closer to the aisle without a problem.

There were a good number available in the 408-410 section.

I'm certain a good number re-up'd. But I'm also pretty sure it has to be some fudging to get 96%. Maybe that counts the people who added seats (and my friend has had offers to add seats each year, though not nearby all the time) as I know a decent number of people who have gotten offers to get another pair. At the select the seat, they don't usually do that, but his ticket rep will call him from time to time and offer either a partial or if there are people who want another seat (he went from 2 to 4, and then moved the extra two to another side).
Were you there? I disagree at the 'good number' comment from what I saw although the end sections did have more than the corners, not a surprise given the pricing; yes, there were seats available, no one is disputing that fact. People getting offers to add a pair is not surprising and not new, although I think one recent year, maybe last off-season, I don't recall there being an offer, maybe there was and I simply ignored it, quite possible; not everyone is interested in adding seats, but as noted above, they check with existing STHs first. Once you add seats, yes the seats are treated like any others in a STH's account and can be moved.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 06-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old
06-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Couldn't make it, but from what my friend said, there were a good 10-15 spots with better seats in that section (with a pair) alone. I'm not sure if that's a lot or a little, but I think that's a good number.

Who knows.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:44 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Couldn't make it, but from what my friend said, there were a good 10-15 spots with better seats in that section (with a pair) alone. I'm not sure if that's a lot or a little, but I think that's a good number.

Who knows.
Definitely would say it was one of the areas in the 400s with the most available due in all likelihood to the pricing scheme, but I wouldn't have said that many. Might depend on what time, I left sometime around 7:15 so maybe more freed up in those sections as people shifted. Anyway, I definitely think the 3000 waiting list is questionable, but do know people on the WL and a poster here confirmed they are on it, too. Moving on

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 06-22-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Capitlols

Adnan Virk, ESPN ‏@adnanESPN
Phil Jackson said on HBO's Real Sports that he watched more of the NHL playoffs than NBA. "less commercials, more action, more fun"

Awesome.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Yeah, even though Phil Jackson is a ******.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Capitlols

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
A sign of how important this week's NHLPA meetings are: Alex Ovechkin is here in Chicago.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Chris Johnston @reporterchris
A sign of how important this week's NHLPA meetings are: Alex Ovechkin is here in Chicago.
Come on Ovie--as the highest paid player in the league, you should have the most influence. Put Fehr in his place.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:12 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Ovechkin is in the states in June??? Participating in something work related???

This thing must be catered.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote