HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
06-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishBabyJesus View Post
Wouldn't Lindback be a closer comparison?
Why? Lindback's numbers have simply been average while Schneider has been one of the top goaltenders, albeit in limited action, the past two seasons.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:16 AM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Lindback has 38 games played to Varlamov's 59+19 playoff games(when he was traded). Varlamov was a more proven commodity due to this experience, so is a better comparison.

AlmightyPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
lol and we'll give u Schroeder our 1st and Tanev for Nugent Hopkins
Poor example as Schneider is worth nowhere near RNH

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:19 AM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Gross overpayment by the Oilers. And one of those 3 pieces is too much.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:20 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
Schneider's numbers are just so great, I can't really see an argument that Varlamov would be worth more when traded than Schneider, based on age (as like I said the numbers are largely in Schneider's favour). The values are definitely similar but Schneider definitely has an edge, if just only a slight one.
Varly's play was pretty phenomenal as well, and it is insanely rare for a 21 year old goalie to go out and play great in the playoffs afterall. I mean despite how impressive Schneider has been, at 21 he was just leaving college to start his AHL career. Then you have to consider that the numbers alone make their play seem much more disparate than it really has been, as Varly played behind a much inferior defense to that which Schneider enjoys in Vancouver and was asked to carry a larger burden despite being younger and needing to learn a new language and culture.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanaFan View Post
Thought I'd toss my 2 cents in before this thread becomes an Edm-Van p***ing contest in the same way the Luongo thread has degenerated for Tor-Van fans.

Edmonton is a really tough team to trade Schneider to. Your best assets (Hall, Eberle, RNH, #1) are too valuable to trade away even for a goalie with Schneider's upside (and most Van fans know this). On the other hand, the 2nd tier of Oilers assets (Gagner, MPS, Lander, Teubert) aren't at the level that Vancouver really wants or could use. I just don't think there is any chance that these two teams - who have no love for each other - are going to find any common ground between the "Schneider + Raymond + 2nd for Hall/Eberle" garbage and "MPS + Lander + 2nd for Schneider" garbage. That said, I totally expect this thread to reach version 5 or 6 well before the draft ...
Good post I agree 100%

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:22 AM
CanaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Poor example as Schneider is worth nowhere near RNH
Which is what makes it the perfect example. MPS+Teubert+2nd are worth nowhere near Schneider either, which was the Edm proposal that he was responding to

CanaFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:27 AM
CanaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
Gross overpayment by the Oilers. And one of those 3 pieces is too much.
Cool story. Let's agree not to discuss trades with Edm any more then, yes? Cause god knows we don't want even 1 of those useless pieces either ...

CanaFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:39 AM
KISSland

Henrique, 2nd for Schneider and Schroeder?

Schneider, 26th for 5th OA, 2013 1st, 3rd in 2013?

Schneider for Gardiner, 4th

Schneider, 26th for 2nd oa?

Schneider for Johanssen?

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Devils fans...what about a package of Henrique with (as examples) Volchenkov, Zubrus, Tallinder, members of that sexy third line from the playoffs, or *gulp* Clarkson?

Obviously it's Schneider+ (+?).

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Devils fans...what about a package of Henrique with (as examples) Volchenkov, Zubrus, Tallinder, members of that sexy third line from the playoffs, or *gulp* Clarkson?

Obviously it's Schneider+ (+?).
That + would have to be huge to get the devils to consider

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:24 AM
lush
@jasonlush

Columbus might be an option, not sure about Anaheim since they were rumored to be interested in Miller

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:46 AM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

How far off is this?

To Vancouver: Bobby Ryan

To Toronto: Cory Schneider

To Anaheim: Jake Gardiner, Van 1st

Why? Gets Vancouver a big, young skilled winger. Toronto gets their goalie of the future at the expense of their defender of the future. Still have 5th overall to draft a new franchise defender. Gardiner back to Anaheim seems a little weird, but stranger things have happened. Gardiners return likely keeps Schultz in California.

The Produce Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:54 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Produce Man View Post
How far off is this?

To Vancouver: Bobby Ryan

To Toronto: Cory Schneider

To Anaheim: Jake Gardiner, Van 1st

Why? Gets Vancouver a big, young skilled winger. Toronto gets their goalie of the future at the expense of their defender of the future. Still have 5th overall to draft a new franchise defender. Gardiner back to Anaheim seems a little weird, but stranger things have happened. Gardiners return likely keeps Schultz in California.
Very very far off for Anahiem...

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:57 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
MPS is severely underrated, but there's no better opportunity in Vancouver for him than there currently is in Edmonton.

Vancouver's need for a centerman is quite a concern at the moment. Perhaps they should target one. Cheers.

TOML
Ya I am interesting to see what Gillis does up the middle... Dubinsky was rumoured.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:26 AM
Zarpan

For Schneider to be available, I think the offer would have to be significantly better than an offer for Luongo, especially if the offer is from a divisional rival.

If we assume that Luongo might be able to fetch Schenn, Kadri, and a 2nd (just as a reference point), MPS, Teubert, and a 2nd is far from what it would take to get Schneider.

Zarpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:08 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Neither goalie has looked nearly as good as Schneider at the NHL level.

Varly last his starting job every time he had it and was threatening to bolt to the KHL.

Lindback hasn't really faced the level of competition that Schneider has and has a long-term health issue.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:15 AM
Jeebs

I may be way off base here, not a fan of either team, but what about a bit of a blockbuster?

To Edm:
Schneider
Tanev
Van 1st

To Van:
Eberle
Edm 2nd
(something to balance it out a bit more)

Van gets a dynamic RW who's proven he can score, Edm gets their #1 goalie and a decent D prospect and move's up a little in the draft with their 2nd. Now they can draft Yakupov with no worries as to where all their Forwards are gonna fit.

Just throwing it out there.

Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:21 AM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Henrique, 2nd for Schneider and Schroeder?

Schneider, 26th for 5th OA, 2013 1st, 3rd in 2013?

Schneider for Gardiner, 4th

Schneider, 26th for 2nd oa?

Schneider for Johanssen?
We arent giving up Gardiner straight up for Schneider, let alone adding a 2nd. Maybe Schenn + MacArthur +McKegg+ 2013 2nd +2013 3rd

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongt View Post
wondering what leaf fans would give up for Schneider???
Why ask? In the Luongo thread it has been said countless times that we are not good trading partners as we have nothing the Nucks desire.....and thats for Luongo. I can't imagine what would please Nucks fans for Schnieder.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:45 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
I may be way off base here, not a fan of either team, but what about a bit of a blockbuster?

To Edm:
Schneider
Tanev
Van 1st

To Van:
Eberle
Edm 2nd

Van gets a dynamic RW who's proven he can score, Edm gets their #1 goalie and a decent D prospect and move's up a little in the draft with their 2nd. Now they can draft Yakupov with no worries as to where all their Forwards are gonna fit.

As a Canucks fan, I'd add our entire 2012 draft year if it helped get us Eberle...makes me think it favours us a little too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
We arent giving up Gardiner straight up for Schneider, let alone adding a 2nd. Maybe Schenn + MacArthur +McKegg+ 2013 2nd +2013 3rd
That's like saying, "Won't pay $100 but how about $5?" The Schenn offer is embarassing. We wouldn't trade a 2nd for Schenn.

Schneider for Gardiner if Gillis is convinced that it will land us Schultz otherwise I'd prefer to get something more useful to us now (i.e. packaged for Nash).

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Maximus74

Many of my fellow Leaf fans would disagree... but I would offer the 5th overall for Schnieder IF Forsberg/Gally/Yak were off the board...

Maximus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:13 AM
mmymryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post

To Edm:
Schneider
Tanev
Van 1st

To Van:
Eberle
Edm 2nd

Remove the picks. Same thing almost. 26 vs 32.

Canucks would love this deal.

mmymryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:17 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Thats as bad as Paul Martin for Cory Schneider. Coming from a very passionate Pens fan, btw.
Also, why are Oilers fans not willing to trade Hall, RNH or Eberle but expect a #1 D or #1 Goalie like Schneider? You have the #1 OVR Pick again this year to draft Yakupov. Draft him and trade either Hall or Eberle for a starting goalie and there. You still have the first line with three 1st OVR picks plus a great young goalie. Solves a lot of problems and you will shoot up most likely into a playoff contender.
Who in their right mind would trade Jordan Eberle?

nhlfan9191 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
For Schneider to be available, I think the offer would have to be significantly better than an offer for Luongo, especially if the offer is from a divisional rival.

If we assume that Luongo might be able to fetch Schenn, Kadri, and a 2nd (just as a reference point), MPS, Teubert, and a 2nd is far from what it would take to get Schneider.
I think it's a bad assumption thinking you'd get that much for Luongo, albeit a good goaltender, is thirty-three and signed for the next ten years.

You have a backup who is taking over a starter in Schneider, who is also an RFA, and has stated he wants to be a starting goaltender. Moreover, Luongo has an NTC, which complicates the matter further. He probably won't want to go to a team like Toronto or Columbus.

GMs probably realize, the longer Vancover keeps the duo the more it's going to hurt the value of Luongo or the chances of Schneider staying long term. If Schneider continues to take over the starting role, then you're going to see Luongo's value plummet even more. If they fail to trade Luongo, sign Schneider, then he's UFA in a year anyway.

I think Luongo will fetch far less than what Vancover fans think.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote