HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What is the contract status of Lombardi and Sutter?

Old
06-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

vCash: 500
What is the contract status of Lombardi and Sutter?

I admit that I wanted Deano gone after this season. I'm glad I was wrong.

Anyway, thread title.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:45 AM
DaAnimal

I have no idea. I'm a little curious too. Sutter deserves to be the coach again. I'm looking forward to a full season of Sutter coaching. I wonder if we will still be in the bottom 5 for scoring

I think Deano still has 2 more years left on his contract?

Anyone know if Stevens will stay on as the Assistant coach?

JKomp?

Morrison (AHL)?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I admit that I wanted Deano gone after this season. I'm glad I was wrong.
So you are saying that we should do the opposite of what you think we should do? I am in.

I am having this feud with a neighborhood parrot. The malcontent sings the chorus of Bad Moon Rising by CCR non-stop. If that wasn't bad enough, he ****s up the last line.

Don't go around tonight,
Well, it's bound to take your life,
There's a bathroom on the right.

Sure it was funny the first 200 times but this has been going on for years and I can't take anymore.

Should I

A) Ask the mafia for a favor
B)hire a midget to sit in a tree and sing the proper chorus back at my not so fine feathered friend
C)Lobby congress to bomb Iran
D)get a bigger louder bird who only speaks jive

What would you do?

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:55 AM
cheap77

Dean and Darryl will be back for a long time. It doesn't matter what the status of their current contracts are right now. They will be back.

Stevens will be back.

Kompon.. I don't know. Probably depends how Sutter feels about him.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:59 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I believe Sutter got a 3 year deal in December. So that's good. And Lombardi it doesn't even matter, he'll get reupped after winning the Cup

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sutter is signed for next year, and Dean's expires either this year or the next. Doesn't matter though. They can both write their own contract for the next few years at least. Dean is poised to be our Ken Holland after finally getting us to the promised land and ensuring his place as most beloved GM of all time regardless of what the future brings.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sutter is signed for next year, and Dean's expires either this year or the next. Doesn't matter though. They can both write their own contract for the next few years at least. Dean is poised to be our Ken Holland after finally getting us to the promised land and ensuring his place as most beloved GM of all time regardless of what the future brings.
that ^^^^

And hopefully Ken Holland will transform into being Nick Beverly and/or Sam McMaster for a while.

Even when the Kings were struggling in Nov & Dec, I thought leave DL in to finish the sesason and complete at least 1 of his final 2 years. I'm glad to be wrong.

Slightly on that subject, in a thread w/i the last 2 - 3 weeks, someone asked about poster "aegwillnotwinthecup." Seriously, where did he go? I wonder if he'll ever admit who he was as he likely changed his user name.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Slightly on that subject, in a thread w/i the last 2 - 3 weeks, someone asked about poster "aegwillnotwinthecup." Seriously, where did he go? I wonder if he'll ever admit who he was as he likely changed his user name.
He's no longer able to post here with that account. Most of the negative posters we used to have fun with have all been removed from the site.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

I certainly hope so. But after seeing what Brian Burke did, not even a Stanley Cup win guarantees a long-term job. I just hope no other team lures him away from us like the Maple Leafs did Burke away from the _ucks.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:39 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
I certainly hope so. But after seeing what Brian Burke did, not even a Stanley Cup win guarantees a long-term job. I just hope no other team lures him away from us like the Maple Leafs did Burke away from the _ucks.
AEG can offer a lot more money to keep him than the _ucks could to keep Burke.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Would Lombardi leave LA for another team? Maybe Philly, but even that would be a long shot. If AEG sells the Kings, then maybe the new owner would want to get his own team together. Lombardi has a lot of time invested with the LA Kings and I don't think he wants to leave what he has built.

Lombardi completely re-built the Kings from the ground up. Even though they were some of the biggest pieces, only 3 roster players were left over (Brown, Quick and Kopitar) from Dave Taylor that just won the Stanley Cup. Burke didn't have much time invested with the Ducks when he left for his "dream" job.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:53 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
So you are saying that we should do the opposite of what you think we should do? I am in.

I am having this feud with a neighborhood parrot. The malcontent sings the chorus of Bad Moon Rising by CCR non-stop. If that wasn't bad enough, he ****s up the last line.

Don't go around tonight,

Sure it was funny the first 200 times but this has been going on for years and I can't take anymore.

Should I

B)hire a midget to sit in a tree and sing the proper chorus back at my not so fine feathered friend

What would you do?
I'm nt sure why this question isn't getting more attention, it's clearly more important as we all know Sutter and DL could ask for a blank checque for next season and AEG will give them two just in case they lost the first.

LBFF, I'd rotate between options B and D, fight fire with fire.

Quote:
I think Burke's ego had a big role in that. What's better than winning the cup? Winning it in a market where the whole world is watching (even if 99% of that world hates Toronto).

He'd get nominated for Prime Minister if he won the cup in Toronto.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:02 AM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Don't go around tonight,

Should I

What would you do?
definitely B,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:14 AM
Mike The Franchise

After this year I would keep them for life.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:05 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

I have in my notes that Lombardi, Hextall, Solomon, Kompon, Stevens, Ranford, Sutter and Murray (fired as coach but still working for Kings I think) all have contracts that expire after the 2012-2013 season. Source was probably, I can't remember for sure, prosportstransactions.com/hockey. Also, IIRC AEG won't allow any front office people or coaches to have a contract longer than the GM, in this case Lombardi.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:26 PM
cyclones22

Dean will be back for sure. I know someone during one of the post-victory interviews asked him about Sutter's return and he basically said he wasn't going to talk about the future right now. I think Sutter will return, at least I pray he does! He's gotta ride this pony until it won't run no more. It's kinda funny reading fans of other teams say that Sutter eventually wears out his welcome because of his style (hello accountability!). Well, good thing he won the Cup his first almost full season if you count playoffs! I figure he's got around 4 or 5 more years of this before the players tune him out .

Someone mentioned Ken Holland earlier as a model for Dean Lombardi and what he can become for us. One of the things I always admired about the dynasty Wings and Avalanche, was that they could break in young talent without rushing them and mix them in with vets to give them the best opportunity to do well. It's what they did with Drury, Datsyuk, Hedjuk and the like. Gone are the days for us when those young rookies HAD to be Calder candidates for us to have a chance at being successful. There's a development program and a pecking order in place, so that when you do get here, you're ready for the most part. We just had 3 rookies play important roles in this Playoff run. 3rd liner, 4th liner, 2nd pair defenseman. That's pretty damn good. That's how you keep it going for years and not just one.

Just watching the NHL awards, I understand why some candidates won. But I think it's pretty awesome that when considering the entire year, Quick, Sutter and DL were likely the best at what they did this year. We've all heard the arguments about Henrik etc., but by most measures, Quick was the best in both seasons. I think someone on NHL Network said that Sutter was the Coach of the Year, but since he's not a finalist, he went with Hitch.

I understand why Armstrong was named GM of the year. He hired Hitch. But what else did he actually do except have a healthier lineup and sign some veteran 4th liners? Dean hired Sutter, traded for Richards and then Carter. Much more active. Not to mention all of the not so noticeable aspects of being a GM like having a deep prospect pool and Cap management. Dale Tallon built those 2010 Blackhawks, but he sold out to do it. Went all in Florida Marlins style and the team had to be broken up because it wouldn't have been possible with their salary structure. I give DL full marks for saying all along that he didn't want that to happen to his team. And it didn't and it likely won't for the near future. So all things considered, DL for GM of the last 3 years!

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:14 PM
cheap77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
He's no longer able to post here with that account. Most of the negative posters we used to have fun with have all been removed from the site.

I'm still here. Althought, I'm a lot less negative.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote