HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

the most interesting offseason in a long time?

Old
06-13-2012, 02:42 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
the most interesting offseason in a long time?

Is this the most interesting offseason we have had in the past 10 years? I mean the names that could be on he move are massive Luongo, Nash, Staal Then you have guys like Chris stewart, Ryan Clowe Luke Schenn well pretty much anybody except dion kessel and gardiner on the Leafs. We got JVR Derk Roy and thats just the names we have heard. Not to mention Parise and Suter and semin.

I have to say I haven't been this intruied by an offseason since like 2002 when cujo, belfour, Richter, Amonte, Geruin and Young, Fluery were all on the move.

What about you guys are you as intrigued as I am?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Lets just hope it's not a dud like trade deadline day... I almost stayed home for that too.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
No, it really isn't, because I am still bored out of my skull waiting for something to actually happen.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

The goalie carousell will be interesting for sure. Luongo/Schnider dealt for sure. Bernier is likely. Lindback is likely. Harding obviously. Vokoun has already moved. I think one of Miller or Enroth is possible. MAF is unlikely, but possible.

As far as skaters go, it looks like Parise, Nash, Semin, Radulov, and Suter are all almost guarenteed to find new homes. Patrick Kane, Ryan Clowe, Colin Wilson, JVR, Luke Schenn, Jake Gardiner, and Ryan Ellis are also names that are flying around. Not to even mention the top 10 picks that could be shuffled.

Like most off-seasons, a lot of good players could move, or very few could. Is the potential for one of the best off-seasons ever there? Sure. Is it guarenteed? Not even close.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
It could be crazy or it could be quiet it's hard to tell. The lack of quality UFA after Suter and Parise and the huge names available for trade would have all the ingredients for a big trade frenzy.

On the other hand the CBA expires in September and a possible lockout. I can see GMs being hesitant in making big moves and acquiring long term deals or big cap hits until they know what the new rules are once the CBA is renegociated.

It's like dumping gasoline and water on the same fire at the same time.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Otto91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Is this the most interesting offseason we have had in the past 10 years? I mean the names that could be on he move are massive Luongo, Nash, Staal Then you have guys like Chris stewart, Ryan Clowe Luke Schenn well pretty much anybody except dion kessel and gardiner on the Leafs. We got JVR Derk Roy and thats just the names we have heard. Not to mention Parise and Suter and semin.

I have to say I haven't been this intruied by an offseason since like 2002 when cujo, belfour, Richter, Amonte, Geruin and Young, Fluery were all on the move.

What about you guys are you as intrigued as I am?
yes....should be a very interesting draft n ufa market.......players will be moving no doubt

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Trillmike

I think the CBA situation will unfortunately slow things down. If the cap goes down and teams have to get under the cap fast, it definitely will be crazy.

Trillmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
I think the CBA situation will unfortunately slow things down. If the cap goes down and teams have to get under the cap fast, it definitely will be crazy.
i think if cap goes down the league will hit everyone with the same percentage hit. So that only if ur in cap trouble before the cba ur ll be in it after. Didnt i read somewhere that the league told the clubs to operate as a 69 million cap.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
boredmale

I really don't see it anymore or less interesting then other off seasons. Last season we had both Carter and Richards traded that was interesting. Seems like your basing your speculation on it being more interesting then usual because the Leafs are looking for a goalie and their is an offhand chance they might trade for Nash

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Tripod

would Phoenix or Philly do Yandle and Hanzel for Couturier and Meszeros?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote