HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Season Schedule

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2012, 08:10 PM
  #26
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
OOG posted this June 5.

Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

*Rumor* There are some battles yet to be fought and #'s to crunch, but the NHL and NHLPA have reached a consensus on the format of next CBA

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:55 PM
  #27
howaryuh
Registered User
 
howaryuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
last pre season game against the habs....that should be interesting
It's just about a good time for a road trip with the boys.
If there is no other B's/habs game on a weekend, just might go for it.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
  #28
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Full season schedule gets released tomorrow.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:02 PM
  #29
NASCL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Full season schedule gets released tomorrow.
I'm surprised there have been no leaks league-wide. Must be a stiff penalty.

Can't remember the last Habs game on a saturday in Boston during the regular season. Toronto usually gets Thursday nights; may have had one Saturday last year.

Day after Thanksgiving might be a quality opponent if NBC wants to televise like they did against Detroit last year.

In any event, looking forward to planning a trip or two.

NASCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
  #30
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
I'm surprised there have been no leaks league-wide. Must be a stiff penalty.

Can't remember the last Habs game on a saturday in Boston during the regular season. Toronto usually gets Thursday nights; may have had one Saturday last year.

Day after Thanksgiving might be a quality opponent if NBC wants to televise like they did against Detroit last year.

In any event, looking forward to planning a trip or two.
Same here. Hoping to do both or at least one in TOR/MTL. Definitely doing Pile on the Isle in March. Planning on Nashville if they go there and the price is right.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:12 PM
  #31
Bmf316nhl
But there's no dog
 
Bmf316nhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 miles south of MA.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bmf316nhl
Going on my honeymoon on the week of 11/4 to Montreal...

Hoping the B's play there that week...or in Ottawa

Bmf316nhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:16 PM
  #32
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
last pre season game against the habs....that should be interesting
Bring up the goons!

That's a pretty good preseason schedule. Lots of rivalries, even if they aren't dressing the full teams.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:29 PM
  #33
Boston Bruno
Registered User
 
Boston Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyblue View Post
Aww, damn, anxious to see if they're coming to Calgary this year (they SHOULD be). Although, if there's no season...
Never fear, we will get them here.. If not, we can get the group together and protest down at the 'Dome.


Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:49 PM
  #34
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
Craigslist poster leaks some schedule. lol.
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/tix/3085535168.html
B's in montreal superbowl weekend has happened regularly in the past.
Man, hate waiting for these things.

schmautzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:08 AM
  #35
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club
 
bruins309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Craigslist poster leaks some schedule. lol.
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/tix/3085535168.html
B's in montreal superbowl weekend has happened regularly in the past.
Man, hate waiting for these things.
That posting was already deleted so that takes care of that.

My requests:
- a Saturday at the Islanders
- no Columbus Day (or Thanksgiving for our friends in Canada) home game (probably granted since they are playing preseason games until at least the 5th)
- Please don't put the home opener between 10-13 and 10-20.

Love how the NHL doesn't announce when this is coming out and just leave it as some mystery. Do they understand how rabid some of the fan base is for stuff like this? This is one of my favorite days of the year...when I can gripe about how Montreal gets 28 Saturday night home games and we have to play in Pittsburgh as the 2nd half of a back to back both times. Oh yeah and the stupid Saturday matinee home games too which you can chalk up as regulation Ls most of the time.

bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:59 AM
  #36
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 23,361
vCash: 500
I hope they have the rookie games again. Should be at the garden this year.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:06 AM
  #37
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
I'm surprised there have been no leaks league-wide. Must be a stiff penalty.

Can't remember the last Habs game on a saturday in Boston during the regular season. Toronto usually gets Thursday nights; may have had one Saturday last year.

Day after Thanksgiving might be a quality opponent if NBC wants to televise like they did against Detroit last year.

In any event, looking forward to planning a trip or two.
I think NBC made it an annual thing now. Thanksgiving Showdown or something like that? I know the Bruins always play that Black Friday matinee, so I wonder if it'll always be the Bruins hosting or if NBC will have other teams and the Bruins will just play on NESN.

What I'm hoping for:

At least one game on Long Island in October or November
One Saturday matinee in October or November
Road trip to open the season

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
  #38
OrrandRancourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
That posting was already deleted so that takes care of that.

My requests:
- a Saturday at the Islanders
- no Columbus Day (or Thanksgiving for our friends in Canada) home game (probably granted since they are playing preseason games until at least the 5th)
- Please don't put the home opener between 10-13 and 10-20.

Love how the NHL doesn't announce when this is coming out and just leave it as some mystery. Do they understand how rabid some of the fan base is for stuff like this? This is one of my favorite days of the year...when I can gripe about how Montreal gets 28 Saturday night home games and we have to play in Pittsburgh as the 2nd half of a back to back both times. Oh yeah and the stupid Saturday matinee home games too which you can chalk up as regulation Ls most of the time.
I despise Saturday home matinee games. The games and atmosphere tend to be sub par.

OrrandRancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:51 AM
  #39
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
I'm surprised there have been no leaks league-wide. Must be a stiff penalty.

Can't remember the last Habs game on a saturday in Boston during the regular season. Toronto usually gets Thursday nights; may have had one Saturday last year.

Day after Thanksgiving might be a quality opponent if NBC wants to televise like they did against Detroit last year.

In any event, looking forward to planning a trip or two.
The reason they did away with Saturday home games vs. the Habs is because it cut down on the Hab fan invasions and the violence that came with it.

IMO, its time to get out of the dark ages when the Bruins sucked. The habs schedule was abysmal this year. All home games done by January? Terrible.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:56 AM
  #40
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
The reason they did away with Saturday home games vs. the Habs is because it cut down on the Hab fan invasions and the violence that came with it.

IMO, its time to get out of the dark ages when the Bruins sucked. The habs schedule was abysmal this year. All home games done by January? Terrible.
The schedule in general sucked last year.

The front loading of home games was atrocious. I was burnt out by Thanksgiving (I know, #firstworldproblems).

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
  #41
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,605
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=bos

At Philly, NJ and home and home with MTL to start.

On Long Island two days before my birthday, and then the Rags come to Boston on my birthday. Hopefully I can make a trip out of that

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:11 AM
  #42
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=bos

At Philly, NJ and home and home with MTL to start.

On Long Island two days before my birthday, and then the Rags come to Boston on my birthday. Hopefully I can make a trip out of that
21 Home games Oct-December.. wtf is this ****?

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:13 AM
  #43
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
21 Home games Oct-December.. wtf is this ****?
21 in the first three months, 20 in the last three and a half. Almost balanced. I bet PC likes that. It'll give new guys time to bond before the playoffs.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:14 AM
  #44
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Bruins home opener is Thursday, October 18 vs. Montreal!

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:16 AM
  #45
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
21 in the first three months, 20 in the last three and a half. Almost balanced. I bet PC likes that. It'll give new guys time to bond before the playoffs.
Yea but those are some rediculously long home stands to start the season.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:19 AM
  #46
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
The reason they did away with Saturday home games vs. the Habs is because it cut down on the Hab fan invasions and the violence that came with it.

IMO, its time to get out of the dark ages when the Bruins sucked. The habs schedule was abysmal this year. All home games done by January? Terrible.
They listened to you, opening game in Boston and then they only come back in March

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  #47
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Yea but those are some rediculously long home stands to start the season.
Ridiculously long indeed.

Start off with a 6-gamer, November into December is 8 games with a quick trip to the Isle smooshed in, and then Dec basically finishes with a 7-gamer.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  #48
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,751
vCash: 500
They get to celebrate new year in Alberta, that has to suck.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  #49
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Schedule looks horrible, what's up with these 6 consecutive games at home and the long road trips

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:22 AM
  #50
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,756
vCash: 500
Nashville is looking MIGHTY tempting for this year's trip.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.