HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers 2012 draft preview

Old
06-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I would hate to take anyone in the 1st round and have it take them 6 years to be ready for NHL action.

I don't care what position they play.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semyon_Varlamov

4 years, not six

Look around the NHL recently, best tenders, no matter where they are from have started full time work 4 years from their draft.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I'd love Subban at 28 if he's there. Hank will be 36 by the time Subban is ready to go most likely, and at that point, either Hank is on the decline and retires, or you have a Schneider/Rask type situation with Subban where you can trade him or have him platoon with Hank.

I like that notion.
This. I'm all about Thrower or Colberg, but when 28 pops up, those guys are gone, and a goalie is BPA - a goaltender it is. Henrik would be 35 - let's say he is still healthy and productive - his workload would need to be lightened considerably at that point. I know Marty just played very solid hockey as a 40 year old, but we can't simply expect Henrik to do the same. Would it be terrible to have a Rask waiting in the wings? I'd rather not have the post-Richter saga again.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

I'm on the Marty Frk bandwagon

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
This. I'm all about Thrower or Colberg, but when 28 pops up, those guys are gone, and a goalie is BPA - a goaltender it is. Henrik would be 35 - let's say he is still healthy and productive - his workload would need to be lightened considerably at that point. I know Marty just played very solid hockey as a 40 year old, but we can't simply expect Henrik to do the same. Would it be terrible to have a Rask waiting in the wings? I'd rather not have the post-Richter saga again.
This.

If the Ranger brass feels like Subban or Vasilevski will end up being a great goalie and they're BPA available on the board, then you TAKE him.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

I wouldn't be surprised if we went after Jankowski. High risk, high reward in a draft it seems the Rangers aren't too high on anyway.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Thanks Leslie

As always great work. Hit on many intelligent points.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
This.

If the Ranger brass feels like Subban or Vasilevski will end up being a great goalie and they're BPA available on the board, then you TAKE him.
Agreed, to an extent, don't think the Rangers target a goaltender in any way, I think they will target the best player available based upon their evaluation criteria. I think their evaluation criteria very often do not put goaltending at the top and there is always opportunities to pick up what you need through trade if you talent pool is well stocked. If the BPA is another potential top 6 winger and Gordie Clark thinks he sees something others do not, go for it. And come the time that Henrik slows down (why are we really talking about this right now? The guy JUST turned 30, had his best regular and post season in his career and has many years in front of him) we either have a guy ready to go because he was BPA at some point or we trade some other assets for a guy that doesn't have a spot.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote