HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Draft Day Thread (Formerly Yakupov Thread)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 03:07 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
All Encompassing Draft Day Thread (Formerly Yakupov Thread)

Now's the time to get rid of Tambi and Lowe and hire Lou from the sinking ship in NJ.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 06-21-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: clean up
Old
06-21-2012, 12:48 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

I take Pavel Bure over Eric Staal any day of the week, thrice on saturdays and five times on sunday twice removed..

Reinhart, Grigorenko, Murray, Galchenyuk, Dumba all havr huge question marks..Yak has proved himself and there are no question markd surroundig him..
U dont trade away that pick, and definitely do not pick based on what kind of a season a guy "couldve" had if this or that wouldnt have happened when ur picking first overall..

His personality, character, and goal.scoring/playmaking is what this team could use to play alongside with rnh or gagner

Last edited by oilers2k10: 06-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
Funny thing is, Murray's birthday only made him ineligible for the 2011 draft by a little under 2 weeks...and when you look at his accomplishments in his 2nd WHL season (the one that would have counted towards the most towards his draft selection if he had been eligible), I would have been hard pressed to pick him not only above Larsson, but Dougie Hamilton too.

IMO Murray would have been lucky to even be a top 5 pick in that draft...yet in this one he could go first overall. For me, yet another reason to stay away from him with the #1 selection.
I would've taken Dougie Hamilton over Murray every day of the week. I was of the belief last year that when it was all said and done he could very well be better than Larsson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ralphio View Post
http://oilersnation.com/2012/6/21/fthm-iv-ryan-murray

From Stu:

Scouting Report: "I see a solid two-way defenseman who makes a good first pass. He's a great skater who gets up the ice quickly to follow up on the offensive attack."

Projection: "He's probably a top-two or top-three guy."

This could be good news. If he doesn't see him as a number one, they can't justify taking him first can they?
If they truly believe that's his upside then they need to stay the **** away from drafting hum until at least #5 if he's still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
as per Stauffer

According to Edmonton Oilers Head Amateur Scout Stu MacGregor the Oilers are down to 2 players for the #1 pick
Interesting that they still haven't made their decision, it makes you wonder if there are some heated battles going on in those scouting meetings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I think it's Yak and Grigorenko.

Between what Brownlee has from Stu and this piece from Gregor via Stu is why I think that way.

SM: I think centre is one of the more important positions in the game. If you look at the teams that are strong in the NHL they have strong centres and good depth at centre, so that is one thing you have to take a long look at it. If you don't have depth at centre, you will probably try and take the centre because a centre does so much for the team.
Grigorenko and Reinhart are the only 2 guys not names Nail that I'd be fine with us drafting 1st based solely on their potential.

Quote:
I think it's between Yak and Reinhart. Boy oh boy, if we pick Reinhart #1.........
I'd rather have Reinhart at #1 than Murray TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
I think they are a lot higher on Grigorenko than people think. 6'3 skilled center has to be very tempting.
I know that I've been really high on the big fella but it seems like most of the scouting world have really soured on him. I still think that he could end up being the best player in this draft. And the Oilers stating a number of times that they are looking for the best player years from now could definitely mean that guys like him and Reinhart are right up there. Nail looks like a man already, the kid is ripped so this could be a case of Landeskog (Yakupov) vs. RNH (Grigorenko/Reinhart) where one guy is already in a mans body, while the other is still filling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ralphio View Post
http://oilersnation.com/2011/5/7/fth...i-adam-larsson

He said a one or a two, so he seemed a bit more optimistic. I agree though that he does seem to be conservative on his projections. I want to see the Yakupov one before I can breathe a little easier.
So Stu sees Larsson as a better prospect than Murray, I hope this means that we can remove Murray from the 1st overall discussion now.

Quote:
I don't know he was pretty bold with Grigorenko being a comparable to E.Staal.
Yup, it showed how much he really likes his upside for sure.

06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

BBO - I can agree I'd rather see Grigorenko or Reinhart than Murray.

If there really is a big fight I can see a Yakupov vs. Grigorenko or Yakupov vs. Reinhart battle between the scouts, Tambo, and Lowe.

Maybe they originally thought they'd be able to get Reinhart at 6-8 and now they're thinking he'll be gone in the top 5? Who knows.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Marek just mentioned on Hockey Central at Noon that Columbus hiring Hartsburg (coached Murray in Everett) could be a tip that they expect to take Murray.

Fingers crossed.
Not if Tambellini has anything to say about it.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Not if Tambellini has anything to say about it.
You're supposed to post the Tambo troll-face after that post.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
You're supposed to post the Tambo troll-face after that post.
We should ask the board admins to get that turned into an official smiley...

:tambotroll:

Old
06-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Marek just mentioned on Hockey Central at Noon that Columbus hiring Hartsburg (coached Murray in Everett) could be a tip that they expect to take Murray.

Fingers crossed.
I forgot that he was his coach there, interesting point. Although, why would the Oilers have let the Blue Jackets know that Murray will be there at 2...

Old
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
BBO - I can agree I'd rather see Grigorenko or Reinhart than Murray.

If there really is a big fight I can see a Yakupov vs. Grigorenko or Yakupov vs. Reinhart battle between the scouts, Tambo, and Lowe.

Maybe they originally thought they'd be able to get Reinhart at 6-8 and now they're thinking he'll be gone in the top 5? Who knows.
The bottom line is that we probably won't be able to get a dynamic winger, a big skilled center, or a big two way defenseman with tremendous upside at next years draft assuming that we take a big leap forward this year, so it's a tough decision to make. If we aren't concerned about Grigorenko's compete level I could easily see him garnering consideration for 1st overall.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I can see Grigorenko being selected in the top 6, even with him plummeting in the draft reports.

Maybe they've got another top 10 pick trade ready to go and they're fighting about Yakupov & Grigorenko vs. Reinhart & Grigorenko.

But now I'm dreaming.

I can see in the top 7-8 picks that there will be more people than usual spending their 5 minutes on the clock.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:39 PM
joestevens29

Press conference is going to be ST saying we are taking such and such, so Stauffer can do his job and stop posting on HF.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I can see Grigorenko being selected in the top 6, even with him plummeting in the draft reports.

Maybe they've got another top 10 pick trade ready to go and they're fighting about Yakupov & Grigorenko vs. Reinhart & Grigorenko.

But now I'm dreaming.

I can see in the top 7-8 picks that there will be more people than usual spending their 5 minutes on the clock.
I say he does not make it past the Leafs seems like Toronto sports network and their cronies have all been down playing him. The drop seems fishy imo.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:41 PM
oilfaninvan

I have to think its between yak and Galy.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:41 PM
joestevens29

Just trade Hall, Eberle and the Nuge and we can draft the Pavel Bure winger, Eric Staal center, Scott Niedermayer D-man and whatever Reinhart projects to be.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Lowe in Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Taking tomorrow off work.. 3rd straight year I've taken draft day off. Tambo hasn't let me down the last 2 years with Hall and RNH, so I'm hoping tmrw goes well too. Yakupov baby.. and hopefully get another top 8 pick to grab Grigs or a dman.. that would totally make my day.
This is not the time to change tradition. Nicely done.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Lowe in Oil

Quote:
Just trade Hall, Eberle and the Nuge and we can draft the Pavel Bure winger, Eric Staal center, Scott Niedermayer D-man and whatever Reinhart projects to be.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:44 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
I see one bottle that is undamaged.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
joestevens29

Who gets Nailed, probably the chick that doesn't realize Jelena Mrdjenovich hast twice the power she had the last time they fought.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
I see one bottle that is undamaged.
Hahaha, it's ****ing Grolsch I'd damage it ASAP.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
joestevens29

Little shocked no action today in the trade market. Teams waiting for that big chip to fall?

Old
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Little shocked no action today in the trade market. Teams waiting for that big chip to fall?
Yeah everyone wants to see where JFJ and Peterson go first.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
hugeegosorry

Dreger is saying that his sources told him that the Oilers will be picking Ryan Murray.

Oh great.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Dreger thinks were gonna pick Murray, because he played at the worlds.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeegosorry View Post
Dreger is saying that his sources told him that the Oilers will be picking Ryan Murray.

Oh great.
Quote:
Dreger thinks were gonna pick Murray, because he played at the worlds.
So what did he exactly say? I will say this I was okay with taking Murray as I didn't know what Stu thought of him, but now that I see what Stu thinks this would be a mistake.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeegosorry View Post

Oh great.
Dreger been on this since the start. He has as much info as we do.

Closed Thread